Stock control question

Although I have used Excel for years I have never had the need to use a 
complicated formula.
I am trying to set up a stock control spreadsheet where multiple items are 
deducted when I click on one cell.
What I am trying to do is each time I click on cell A3 "Item" all the 
amounts in C will be deducted from D and the difference between B and D will 
show in E


             A                   B                       C               D   
          E
1                             Normal            Amount       In stock     To 
be
2                            Stock level         per item                    
 ordered
3     "Item"
4   Side frame               200                  4              200         
   0
5   Bottom bracket         100                  2              100           
 0
6   Top bracket              100                  2             100          
   0
7   Wheels                    400                  8              400        
    0
8   Axles                       200                  4              200      
      0
9   Springs                    800                  8              800       
     0
10  M5 Dome nuts          800                  8              800           0
11  M4 Set screws        1600                32            1600           0

I don't know whether this is possible but if anybody has an answer (apart 
from "your joking") it will be appreciated

0
Utf
2/10/2010 1:53:01 AM
excel.worksheet.functions 4936 articles. 2 followers. Follow

4 Replies
969 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 0

Hi There Rocket,

I am trying to understand this question as best as I can. So here goes....

"amounts in C will be deducted from D" ::::: Formula for C will be =sum(C3-D3)

Next formula.......
"he difference between B and D will show in E" ::::: Formula for E will be 
=sum(B3-D3)


Please let me know if you would like this automated in any way.
You specify that you want to click on A3 and the results should show in the 
selected fields. The formulas stated should give you the result without 
clicking anything and shuld update when your totals change.

Let me know if this works for you, if you are unclear about my response then 
we will take another route with it

Hope to hear from you soon

Regards

Garreth

-- 

Thank you and Regards

Garreth Lombard


"Rocket" wrote:

> Although I have used Excel for years I have never had the need to use a 
> complicated formula.
> I am trying to set up a stock control spreadsheet where multiple items are 
> deducted when I click on one cell.
> What I am trying to do is each time I click on cell A3 "Item" all the 
> amounts in C will be deducted from D and the difference between B and D will 
> show in E
> 
> 
>              A                   B                       C               D   
>           E
> 1                             Normal            Amount       In stock     To 
> be
> 2                            Stock level         per item                    
>  ordered
> 3     "Item"
> 4   Side frame               200                  4              200         
>    0
> 5   Bottom bracket         100                  2              100           
>  0
> 6   Top bracket              100                  2             100          
>    0
> 7   Wheels                    400                  8              400        
>     0
> 8   Axles                       200                  4              200      
>       0
> 9   Springs                    800                  8              800       
>      0
> 10  M5 Dome nuts          800                  8              800           0
> 11  M4 Set screws        1600                32            1600           0
> 
> I don't know whether this is possible but if anybody has an answer (apart 
> from "your joking") it will be appreciated
> 
0
Utf
2/10/2010 8:23:01 AM
hi
sorry but formulas don't work that way. formulas return values to the cell 
in which they reside. they can not perform actions such as the ones you 
describe.
to do what you want, you will have to use VB code. not sure if you want that 
but...
your example sort of skewed around a bit in my interface so i made some 
assumptions.....
normal stock level is column B
amount per item is column C
To be ordered is column D
there are no blank rows in your data(important)

there is no click event in sheet code but there is a before double click 
event so the code is triggered to run by double clicking A3.

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As 
Boolean)
Dim rnsl As Range
Dim rnsld As Range
Dim rapi As Range
Dim rstk As Range
Dim rtbo As Range
Dim br As Range
Dim lr As Long
Set rnsl = Range("B4")
lr = Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row
Set br = Range("B4:B" & lr)
If Intersect(Target, Range("A3")) Is Nothing Then
    Exit Sub
    Else
    'Do While Not IsEmpty(rnsl)
    For Each cell In br
        Set rnsld = rnsl.Offset(1, 0)
        Set rapi = rnsl.Offset(0, 1)
        Set rstk = rnsl.Offset(0, 2)
        Set rtbo = rnsl.Offset(0, 3)
    
        rstk.Value = rstk.Value - rapi.Value
        rtbo.Value = rnsl.Value - rstk.Value
    
        Set rnsl = rnsld

    Next cell
End If

End Sub

careful. in my interface, the line Private Sub... wrapped. 
to install the code, right click the sheet tab and from the popup, click 
view code.
with will bring up the VB editor. paste the above code in the code box. (big 
one, far right, above the immediate box.)

if you are new to macro, see this site for general info on getting 
started......
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm

post back if problems.
it's late in atlanta. i will check back tomorrow.

Regards
FSt1

"Rocket" wrote:

> Although I have used Excel for years I have never had the need to use a 
> complicated formula.
> I am trying to set up a stock control spreadsheet where multiple items are 
> deducted when I click on one cell.
> What I am trying to do is each time I click on cell A3 "Item" all the 
> amounts in C will be deducted from D and the difference between B and D will 
> show in E
> 
> 
>              A                   B                       C               D   
>           E
> 1                             Normal            Amount       In stock     To 
> be
> 2                            Stock level         per item                    
>  ordered
> 3     "Item"
> 4   Side frame               200                  4              200         
>    0
> 5   Bottom bracket         100                  2              100           
>  0
> 6   Top bracket              100                  2             100          
>    0
> 7   Wheels                    400                  8              400        
>     0
> 8   Axles                       200                  4              200      
>       0
> 9   Springs                    800                  8              800       
>      0
> 10  M5 Dome nuts          800                  8              800           0
> 11  M4 Set screws        1600                32            1600           0
> 
> I don't know whether this is possible but if anybody has an answer (apart 
> from "your joking") it will be appreciated
> 
0
Utf
2/10/2010 8:34:01 AM
hi
forgot to mention. if might be a good idea to clear the amount per item 
after the code runs... to prevent accidental double dipping.  if you want 
that, add this line to the code....

rapi.ClearContents

After line    rtbo.Value = rnsl.Value - rstk.Value
                   
and before line      Set rnsl = rnsld

the formulas provide by Garreth would work but not by double clicking A3. 
the numbers would change as you entered the data.
my code works too. tested.

so i hope i didn't misunderstand.

Regards
FSt1

"FSt1" wrote:

> hi
> sorry but formulas don't work that way. formulas return values to the cell 
> in which they reside. they can not perform actions such as the ones you 
> describe.
> to do what you want, you will have to use VB code. not sure if you want that 
> but...
> your example sort of skewed around a bit in my interface so i made some 
> assumptions.....
> normal stock level is column B
> amount per item is column C
> To be ordered is column D
> there are no blank rows in your data(important)
> 
> there is no click event in sheet code but there is a before double click 
> event so the code is triggered to run by double clicking A3.
> 
> Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As 
> Boolean)
> Dim rnsl As Range
> Dim rnsld As Range
> Dim rapi As Range
> Dim rstk As Range
> Dim rtbo As Range
> Dim br As Range
> Dim lr As Long
> Set rnsl = Range("B4")
> lr = Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row
> Set br = Range("B4:B" & lr)
> If Intersect(Target, Range("A3")) Is Nothing Then
>     Exit Sub
>     Else
>     'Do While Not IsEmpty(rnsl)
>     For Each cell In br
>         Set rnsld = rnsl.Offset(1, 0)
>         Set rapi = rnsl.Offset(0, 1)
>         Set rstk = rnsl.Offset(0, 2)
>         Set rtbo = rnsl.Offset(0, 3)
>     
>         rstk.Value = rstk.Value - rapi.Value
>         rtbo.Value = rnsl.Value - rstk.Value
>     
>         Set rnsl = rnsld
> 
>     Next cell
> End If
> 
> End Sub
> 
> careful. in my interface, the line Private Sub... wrapped. 
> to install the code, right click the sheet tab and from the popup, click 
> view code.
> with will bring up the VB editor. paste the above code in the code box. (big 
> one, far right, above the immediate box.)
> 
> if you are new to macro, see this site for general info on getting 
> started......
> http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm
> 
> post back if problems.
> it's late in atlanta. i will check back tomorrow.
> 
> Regards
> FSt1
> 
> "Rocket" wrote:
> 
> > Although I have used Excel for years I have never had the need to use a 
> > complicated formula.
> > I am trying to set up a stock control spreadsheet where multiple items are 
> > deducted when I click on one cell.
> > What I am trying to do is each time I click on cell A3 "Item" all the 
> > amounts in C will be deducted from D and the difference between B and D will 
> > show in E
> > 
> > 
> >              A                   B                       C               D   
> >           E
> > 1                             Normal            Amount       In stock     To 
> > be
> > 2                            Stock level         per item                    
> >  ordered
> > 3     "Item"
> > 4   Side frame               200                  4              200         
> >    0
> > 5   Bottom bracket         100                  2              100           
> >  0
> > 6   Top bracket              100                  2             100          
> >    0
> > 7   Wheels                    400                  8              400        
> >     0
> > 8   Axles                       200                  4              200      
> >       0
> > 9   Springs                    800                  8              800       
> >      0
> > 10  M5 Dome nuts          800                  8              800           0
> > 11  M4 Set screws        1600                32            1600           0
> > 
> > I don't know whether this is possible but if anybody has an answer (apart 
> > from "your joking") it will be appreciated
> > 
0
Utf
2/10/2010 8:51:01 AM
hi
sorry. i should have looked at garreth's formula closer. they will work but 
not in columns c and d. you would have to create 2 new columns to house the 
formulas

regards
FSt1


"FSt1" wrote:

> hi
> forgot to mention. if might be a good idea to clear the amount per item 
> after the code runs... to prevent accidental double dipping.  if you want 
> that, add this line to the code....
> 
> rapi.ClearContents
> 
> After line    rtbo.Value = rnsl.Value - rstk.Value
>                    
> and before line      Set rnsl = rnsld
> 
> the formulas provide by Garreth would work but not by double clicking A3. 
> the numbers would change as you entered the data.
> my code works too. tested.
> 
> so i hope i didn't misunderstand.
> 
> Regards
> FSt1
> 
> "FSt1" wrote:
> 
> > hi
> > sorry but formulas don't work that way. formulas return values to the cell 
> > in which they reside. they can not perform actions such as the ones you 
> > describe.
> > to do what you want, you will have to use VB code. not sure if you want that 
> > but...
> > your example sort of skewed around a bit in my interface so i made some 
> > assumptions.....
> > normal stock level is column B
> > amount per item is column C
> > To be ordered is column D
> > there are no blank rows in your data(important)
> > 
> > there is no click event in sheet code but there is a before double click 
> > event so the code is triggered to run by double clicking A3.
> > 
> > Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As 
> > Boolean)
> > Dim rnsl As Range
> > Dim rnsld As Range
> > Dim rapi As Range
> > Dim rstk As Range
> > Dim rtbo As Range
> > Dim br As Range
> > Dim lr As Long
> > Set rnsl = Range("B4")
> > lr = Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row
> > Set br = Range("B4:B" & lr)
> > If Intersect(Target, Range("A3")) Is Nothing Then
> >     Exit Sub
> >     Else
> >     'Do While Not IsEmpty(rnsl)
> >     For Each cell In br
> >         Set rnsld = rnsl.Offset(1, 0)
> >         Set rapi = rnsl.Offset(0, 1)
> >         Set rstk = rnsl.Offset(0, 2)
> >         Set rtbo = rnsl.Offset(0, 3)
> >     
> >         rstk.Value = rstk.Value - rapi.Value
> >         rtbo.Value = rnsl.Value - rstk.Value
> >     
> >         Set rnsl = rnsld
> > 
> >     Next cell
> > End If
> > 
> > End Sub
> > 
> > careful. in my interface, the line Private Sub... wrapped. 
> > to install the code, right click the sheet tab and from the popup, click 
> > view code.
> > with will bring up the VB editor. paste the above code in the code box. (big 
> > one, far right, above the immediate box.)
> > 
> > if you are new to macro, see this site for general info on getting 
> > started......
> > http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm
> > 
> > post back if problems.
> > it's late in atlanta. i will check back tomorrow.
> > 
> > Regards
> > FSt1
> > 
> > "Rocket" wrote:
> > 
> > > Although I have used Excel for years I have never had the need to use a 
> > > complicated formula.
> > > I am trying to set up a stock control spreadsheet where multiple items are 
> > > deducted when I click on one cell.
> > > What I am trying to do is each time I click on cell A3 "Item" all the 
> > > amounts in C will be deducted from D and the difference between B and D will 
> > > show in E
> > > 
> > > 
> > >              A                   B                       C               D   
> > >           E
> > > 1                             Normal            Amount       In stock     To 
> > > be
> > > 2                            Stock level         per item                    
> > >  ordered
> > > 3     "Item"
> > > 4   Side frame               200                  4              200         
> > >    0
> > > 5   Bottom bracket         100                  2              100           
> > >  0
> > > 6   Top bracket              100                  2             100          
> > >    0
> > > 7   Wheels                    400                  8              400        
> > >     0
> > > 8   Axles                       200                  4              200      
> > >       0
> > > 9   Springs                    800                  8              800       
> > >      0
> > > 10  M5 Dome nuts          800                  8              800           0
> > > 11  M4 Set screws        1600                32            1600           0
> > > 
> > > I don't know whether this is possible but if anybody has an answer (apart 
> > > from "your joking") it will be appreciated
> > > 
0
Utf
2/10/2010 9:21:02 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Yet another timers-and-threads question
I've got a requirement to be able to set a timer and be told when it expires, eg by a callback. SetTimer with WM_TIMER is not generally useful, as you have to have a window, and some of the threads in which I want to do this don't have windows. SetTimer with callback function is not generally useful, as it's not sufficient that there's a message pump somewhere in the *application*, there has to be a message pump in the *thread* that calls SetTimer (well documented, that, not), and some of the threads in which I want to do this don't have message pumps. CreateWaitableTime...

Control Outlook Calendar permissions
Hi Is it possible to use Exchange 2003 to control or set users calendar permissions? I want to set the default permissions to reviewer on all users calendars. Or is there another way to set this. Thanks RajiA See http://www.slipstick.com/exchange/permissions.htm for various ways to do this. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Raji Arulambalam" <rajia@ebopremove-megovt.nz> wrote in message news:ep8koS1GEHA.2004@TK2MSFTNGP...

address book question #3
Using Outlook 2003... Whenever I open the Outlook Address Book, a dialog pops up telling me that the contact list associated with the address book can't be opened. Problem is, there are clearly contacts listed in Outlook. It gets really wierd when I check the properties for the address boon under "Tools --> Email Accounts --> View or Change existing directories or address books." There's nothing listed in there, yet there's a contacts folder listed in the "Show names from" dropdown in the address book dialog. So... How do I delete the current, e...

Simple (I bet) Newbie question...
I hope this is possible to have happen all in 1 formula How can i compose a formula that would acheive the following: If the number in J5 is at least 10,000 but up to 24,999 then multiply cell I5 X B5 If the number in J5 is at least 25,000 but up to 49,999 then multiply cell I5 X C5 If the number in J5 is at least 50,000 but up to 99,999 then multiply cell I5 X D5 If the number in J5 is over 100,000 or above then multiply cell I5 X E5 If the number in J5 is UNDER 10,000 then display "Under Min" (or something like it) Thanks for reading!! Hi The formula should be enter...

Version Control with Dynamics.vba
Does anyone have a good system for version control with dynamics vba programming? I have had problems with dynamics.vba becoming corrupted in the past - I lost work each and every time. It was suggested to me that Sourcesafe, ironically, was the culprit. I don't know for certain that that was the case. At any rate, Dynamics.vba, Forms.dic, Reports.dic, .frxs and ..frms all need to be under version control. Any recommendations or comments would be appreciated. ...

VarPtr() and StrPtr() questions
I just learned a bit about VARPTR and STRPTR. So I wrote some code that doesn't make sense: Private Type SR_REC SR_LONG As Long SR_STRING As String * 16 End Type Private Sub Form_Load() Dim LLL As Long, SSS As String Dim SR4(3) As SR_REC Debug.Print "A>"; VarPtr(SSS); " "; StrPtr(SSS); " "; VarPtr(I); " "; StrPtr(LLL) Debug.Print "B>"; VarPtr(SR4(0)); " "; VarPtr(SR4(1)); " "; VarPtr(SR4(2)); " "; VarPtr(SR4(3)) Debug.Print "C>"; VarPtr(SR4(1).SR_LONG); " &...

SFO Question about authentication
When SFO is "offline" , is there any validation against the current logged on user. i.e Does SFO check the current user to see if they are a valid CRM user? Thanks Mike Yes it does. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm San Francisco, CA "Mike R" wrote: > When SFO is "offline" , is there any validation against the current logged > on user. i.e Does SFO check the current user to see if they are a valid CRM > user? > > Thanks > > Mike > > > ...

If Question 02-03-10
Hi everyone Hope this isn't a silly question (as think I may have made it harder in my head than it needs to be! given all the formulas I'm putting in are bringing back errors!!) I have one worksheet which gathers info from other sheets and has the following info A B C D Name % % % In another worksheet I have a list of names (column M say M3) next to the names I want to put in a formula that will give me the following results: If M3 is in worksheet 1 and the corresponding cells to that name in b, c and d are all >0% write Yes...

Drop Down List Question #2
I have a drop down list from 5 cells merged together so as I can read the length easier, I know I cant select a field from merged cells, is there any way that when I select my choice I can get cells either side of my selection A B F 12 Jan Apples $12.00 17 Feb. Pears $14.00 I have B Column as my range in drop down , how can I get the date and price to move as well? What I want to do is select Pears and the date, Item and price would move to say K L P Columns if my drop down list was in L column...

MSN Stock Watch List in Money 2006 Deluxe Portfolio Manager
I inadvertently deleted the MSN Stock Watch list from my Portfolio Manager. Now, despite the list still being in existence under my Passport, I cannot seem to restore it intact into Portfolio Manager via either Money 2006 Deluxe or MSN Money. I'd greatly appreciate any insight from those who may know how to restore this list as an active Portfolio Manager account, which would be much more preferable to creating a new watch list, which would not only not auto-sync with the entries made from the MSN pages, but would also require re-entry of the huge list I have now. I really want m...

Money Bug 03/04: Stock Changes it's name but Maoney wont let that happen.
I have seen this in Money 2003 and now 2004. A company, such as DELL changes it's name but not is it symbol. When I download transactions Money asks if the new name is the same investment as the old name (obviously it is as they have the same symbol). I say yes it is the same. Money asks "Are You Sure Dell Computers is the same as Dell Inc". Regardless of how I answer this confirm It asks the first question again, and again and again and again until I admit that Dell Inc is NOT Dell Computer. Only then can I continue the reconcile. Every time I upgrade I wish I did not. I...

File Dialog Explorer style + manipulate existing controls #3
First, thx for your replies on my first question. I ave another question: in my application I have an online-language-switch option, where the user can switch between the languages German, English and French. Can i manipulate the buttons and labels of the modern file-open-dialog at runtime? I don't want to add new controls only manipulate the existing one (setting correct language texts). Is this possible with the file dialog which uses explorer style? thx ...

Linking Question #3
I have several books that are all in the same folder (master templates) I'd like to link them with out recording the "full path", that way I can copy the files to "project" folders and use them. But I don't want them pointing back to the files in the master template folder. Can I declare some kind of variable %HERE% so that the linked files always searches the folder where the current file is located? Thanks for any suggestions. xjvs xjvs, Once way to do it that always works is to open the several files from the master folder, then save each file into the p...

Question about forwarding mail to a POP3 server
I'm running exchange 2003 on SBS 2003 and have come across a difficult situation. Maybe one of you can help. Our client has the SBS inside their network and are using Outlook 2003 to interface with the Exchange server. They also have a POP3 server that sits out on the 'net. We have configured each client with an Exchange mail box as well as access to their POP3 account. When Outlook sends and receives it collects from both the local Exchange server as well as the POP3 boxes. When a user sends they use the Exchange server. Pretty straight forward so far. The challenge we ...

unwanted control toolbox
I use Word as my email editor in Outlook. From time to time, and apparently only for some email messages, Outlook automatically adds the "control toolbox" toolbar to the message reply window. Typically, in addition to the toolbar, a small box of some sort opens in the text box portion of the message window. I have no need for the toolbar or the additional box, but even after I eliminate the toolbar and close the additional box I typically find that every time I open a new message window the toolbar and box reappear. Is there some way to prevent this from happening? ...

Conditional Formating and SetFocus Question
Thanks in advace. This place has answered a lot of questions before I needed to ask. Now, I need to ask. I have a Continous Form [DetailSubForm] based on table [DetailTbl] that has the following fields. *[DetailID], [DocID], [CompDate],[SubDate], [ConfirmDate], and [ExpireDate]. The [DocID] field is a dropdown list that draws the data from the [TrainDocTbl]. I would like to use GetFocus to go to one of the Date fields depending on the selection made in [DocID]. It would also be nice to be able to declare the backcolor and forecolor of the whole record depending on that choice...

hardware upgrade questions
I am ready to upgrade the PC that acts as the server and back office PC for a setup running 2 POS lanes and 2 manager PC's that do not run POS. A few years ago it was setup with a XP pro, Pentium 4, 2.8GHz with 1 GB ram. Performance was fine, but now with several years of data, running sales history reports or movement reports is getting very slow. What is the biggest bottleneck for running these reports, hard drive speed, processor speed or memory? I have no problem in the budget for fast hard drives (thinking SAS 15K in a RAID 0) and memory, but how far should I go in upgrading t...

Excel Spreadsheet w/ ActiveX control on website
I am posting a link to an excel spreadsheet to our website. The spreadsheet contains dropdown boxes and when the spreadsheet is downloaded from the site and you click on the drop down a box pops up that says in order to use the activex control you must open another window. This is okay, (not ideal) but when I close the 2nd window the web page is blank. 1. Do you know of a way around the pop up to open a 2nd window, and 2. why is the web page blank when the 2nd excel window is closed and how can I correct that? Misty1 -- James ...

stock quotes #4
How can I build a work sheet to get stock quotes and put the quote in different cell A5, A6, A7 every day. Can this worksheet update itsel daily? sctro -- sctro ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sctroy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2592 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48226 yes it can be done you need the url of the webpage from which you can download into Excel sheet(use data-get external data (or import data)> (web query) and then you copy the relevant cell to so...

How to control Word to open files in Draft layout and Document Map
I can't find how to control this. Sometimes for a long period all documents open in Draft mode which is what I want but sometimes they open in other layout modes and I have to constantly switch to Draft layout mode. Also the same happens with the Document Map view that appear on the left side. I used to have all documents open with that Document Map view but currently for about a month all documents open with Thumbnails view and I have to always switch to Document Map view every time. Ross_123 wrote: > I can't find how to control this. Sometimes for a long period all ...

Create ItemCheck event with Listview from Common Controls 5.0
Hello, I'm using the Listview from MS Common Controls 5.0, because it supports XP style and I'm adding checkboxes with the LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES constant. This works fine, but when the user clicks on a checkbox, the data from that row needs to be copied to an other Listview and some other things need to be done. The problem is that the 5.0 Listview doesn't have an ItemCheck event, like the 6.0 Listview does. I can get the state of the checkbox manually with SendMessage and the LVM_GETITEMSTATE constant, but then I have to loop through the Listview continuously. Is there a way...

out of office question
How can I customize a mailbox where the out of office message doesn't say that we are out of office I just want a mailbox to auto reply to people that send to it Like a customer service mailbox that says we have received your message and we are processing it But not for it to say out of office so customers think we are not in. Look into Mail Essentials from GFI. "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93D07C96-A746-47FC-A7BF-07C81F40453F@microsoft.com... > How can I customize a mailbox where the out of office message doesn't say > t...

DST Exchange question
I am trying to follow MS steps in deploying all the appropriate patches for DST. I have done all my WIndows 2003 servers and am currently working on All workstations. What is the fall out of applying them out of order? I am worried I may not be able to update all my workstations before needing to apply the Exchange patch and running the Exchange Calendar Update tool but I would rather all the machines that I can get have the proper appointments than everyone having incorrect appointments. Thanks for any insight. On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 11:43:26 -0700, "Bad Beagle" <maxwe...

How can I see recent news for stocks in my portfolio?
I am evaluating Money 2004. In Quicken, news for individual stocks is updated when I update my stock quotes? Is there an equivalent feature in Money 2004? I have been unable to easily view news for my entire portfolio without having to search each stock individually on the web. Thanks, Jeff Start here: http://www.microsoft.com/money/default.asp >-----Original Message----- >I am evaluating Money 2004. In Quicken, news for >individual stocks is updated when I update my stock >quotes? Is there an equivalent feature in Money 2004? I >have been unable to easily vi...

Query design question?
Query1 retrieves data for 2,000 records from a series of linked tables that have about 100,000 recordset Query2 retrieves data for 5,000 records from another series of linked tables that has about a 100,000 recordset as well. Query1 and Query2 are linked on a customer ID (e.g.) Should there be a simple join between Query1 and Query2 on Customer ID, or would there there be a benefit to limiting the records in Query2 first? Yes, SQL Server app - have an old stopwatch, but didn't know if some general guidelines applied. "Jerry Whittle" <JerryWhittle@discussions.micros...