Show formula result in another sheet

sheet1 A:A contains a formula with some cells returning a value

sheet2 A:A references sheet1 A:A with a simple formula:

=sheet1!A1

above formula filled down in sheet2 A:A

the problem is it is not showing the results from sheet1

anyone know why that should be?

Sorry false alarm, I had calculation set to manual. Results are coming back
as they should. Red faces all round.

"Gotroots" wrote:

> sheet1 A:A contains a formula with some cells returning a value
>
> sheet2 A:A references sheet1 A:A with a simple formula:
>
> =sheet1!A1
>
> above formula filled down in sheet2 A:A
>
> the problem is it is not showing the results from sheet1
>
> anyone know why that should be?

Formula para sacar promedio pondeera
Hola Amigos: Tengo un problema al querer sacar promedio ponterado con numero de cursos distintos y para lo cual te adjunto el modelo. Pero quiero con formulas REDONDEDAR - SUMA - DIVIDIR - CONTAR U OTRAS MAS FORMULAS CURSOS JUNIO LENGUAJE Y LITERATURA 13 RAZ. VERBAL IDIOMA 12 GEOGRAFIA DEL PER� Y DEL MUNDO 12 EDUCACI�N RELIGIOSA 13 EDUCACI�N CIVICA 12 ECONOMIA FILOSOF�A Y LOGICA 12 MATEMATICA 13 RAZ. MATEMATICA 13 EDUCACI�N ARTISTICA 10 EDUCACI�N F�SICA 12 HISTORIA DEL PERU - PAM 12 F...

Move Outlook data to another computer
Purchased a new laptop. How do i backup and move outlook 2003 from my desktop to my laptop. Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, J.J asked: | Purchased a new laptop. How do i backup and move outlook | 2003 from my desktop to my laptop. ...

autocalculate doesn't work even with formula .
I have been using the same worksheet for past 1 year. Last week, when I edit the worksheet by input new data into it, I realise that : 1. The "Total" does not add up the sums of 2 cells automatically, even though the "A1 + B1" formulation is still in the cell. 2. I have auto-link sheet 1 cells into sheet 2 in different layout to suit my final output design. But even I paste the cells in the designated area in sheet 1, my final output does not automatically show the new data I have input into sheet 1. Only way to "show in the final output" correctl...

Sheet to close
Why won't this work? oldjayo Sub test() Dim wsShtToSave As Worksheet Set wsShtToSave = ActiveSheet If wsShtToSave= "Master" Then ActiveWorkbook.Save ActiveWorkbook.Close End If End Sub Activesheet.name= try this simpler version Sub CloseifMaster() If ActiveSheet.Name = "Master" Then With ActiveWorkbook 'one dot only .Save .Close End With End If End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "oldjay" <oldjay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Build value from cell content & sheet name !
Hi All, Interesting query (I hope).... I'd like to create a value in a cell that represents a concatenation of a value in another cell and the sheet name (tab name). Example, sheet name is 'A' and value in cell 'M15' is '1162'. I'd like cell 'M18' to indicate a value of '1162A'. Any ideas ?? Thanks, Neil =M15&sheet_name to get sheet_name see http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0002.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Neil" <me@home.com> wrote in message news:dekai3$1p...

Autofilter of Protected Sheet
I have read multiple posts on here about using "Autofiltering=True" when the Protect function is used to allow Autofiltering. I can see this (and multiple other sub options) in the Help File for Excel 2003. However I am writing an application for Excel 2000 and this option does not appear available. I would like the Autofilter for various columns to be selectable, either by the user or macros, whilst the Worksheet is protected. Is there anyway around this apart from making users upgrade their version of Excel ? I am assuming the answer is 'No' but if someone t...

Exchange/Outlook Groups not showing in Entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: Exchange I work in a PC environment. Our organization uses Exchange Server and Outlook. I use a Mac and Entourage. My Common Contacts book shows all the email addresses but none of the GROUPS show up. Therefore I am unable to send emails from Entourage to GROUPS within the organization. These groups show up just fine in OUTLOOK. Also in Outlook the EMAIL TYPE for address show as SMTP while GROUPS are EMAIL TYPE: MAPIPDL <br><br>Our IT is pretty swamped with other issues to be able find...

Can't use Hebrew in Microsoft fonts, yet they show in taskbar.
I've downloaded Hebrew fonts. And they even appear in the taskbar. Yet all characters in these fonts still are Roman. How do I switch on the Hebrew font?? You need to activate Hebrew in Windows. Go to Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options, and then follow the tabs and buttons to add a "Keyboard" (not to add a "Language"). The three Windowses do this a bit differently. If you're in XP, at one point you have to check off "Complex Scripts." Once you've done that, you'll have a new icon toward the right end of you...

How to make Unique coloumn in Excel sheet ?
I want to make one coloumn in excel sheet as unique, so no entry is repeated in that particular column. See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal07.html on this. HTH. Best wishes Harald "V JHANJI" <V JHANJI@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:5D9465E8-EE69-4D59-8BD7-B0115D09145C@microsoft.com... > I want to make one coloumn in excel sheet as unique, so no entry is repeated > in that particular column. Hi check out http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm for detailed instructions on how to do this. Cheers JulieD "V JHANJI" <V JHANJI...

lookup and match from another excel file
Curious if someone can help. I have a dispatch log that I made for m company, I would like to set up a payroll system that will automaticl pull all rows that meet a certain name and date range. and put it o another new sheet for that weeks payroll if anyone has some ideas le me know, I can post an example of my dispatch log if needed. Thanks Sorry Sort of newb to this. Actually here is the file, I have macros on it for sorting Attachment filename: new daily log.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=63792 -- Message posted from ht...

Formula
For each cell in column B I want to test if the adjacent cell in column A is > 10 and if it is set the B cell the same as value in the A cell (this bit is easy) and also set a cell in column C with the value "100". However the reference of the column C cell is dependent upon the value (between 1 - 4) in the adjacent cell in column D. For example (I know this isn't possible but it may help to explain the idea), applying the formula in B1: if(A1>10,"20", C(D1)="100"). If A1 was 8 and D1 = 4 then C4 is set to 100 and if D1 was 2 then C2...

How do I set up formulas to update graphs dynamically
Hello, I have the following information I need to graph date Feb-08 Mar-08 Apr-08 May-08 Jun-08 Jul-08 burn 116 23 254 inventory 3035 3011 2757 The "date" is the x-axis label and the "burn" and "inventory" are the values on the y-axis. If the values for burn and inventory are blank for a particular date, I don't want the information plotted. As I add values for each date, I would like the graph to be updated automatically. I understand I need to define a named range and use it in the graph, however, I have not been successful in doing this. Also, even t...

Formulas showing in cell???
I keep getting a formula showing in the cell after I edit i (occasionally). Show formulas is turned off and edit in cell is on. How can I make the formula go awaw and simply show the results whic when edited the results shows correctly? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi probably the cell is formated as 'Text' change the cell format to 'General' and re-enter your formula -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I keep getting a formula showing in the cell after I edit it > (occasionally). Show formulas is turned off and edit in cell is on. >...

Excell Formula
I have a list of over 1000 Product in column A and in column B over 30 Supplies and in column C the price of each product from different Supplies. Each Supplier may offer same product but with different prices ( e.g. Table below ). All the information is in sheet 1. A B C 1 Product 1 Supplier 2 £10.00 2 Product 2 Supplier 1 £8.00 3 Product 3 Supplier 2 £8.00 4 Product 2 Supplier 2 £6.00 5 Product 1 Supplier 3 £11.00 6 Product 3 Supplier 1 £7.00 I have created sheet 2 ( e.g. table below ) I need formula which updates u...

Detailed Time Sheet (overtime, comp time, vacation used)
I need to track in time, out time, in time, out time, overtime, vacation totals (received/used), comp received, comp used, and so. I would recommend to write all the headers on row 1, and start entering the data on row 2. Any column that is a calculation, enter a formula (for example, if column E is the difference of column D and C, enter "=D2-C2") and format the cells as you want the data to be presented (date/time, number, etc.) Hope this helps, Miguel. "Robert D. Sandersfeld" wrote: > I need to track in time, out time, in time, out time, overtime, vacation ...

show pictures in a form
i am trying to make a database and i have a record that has a hyperlink to a picture i have two question 1) is the hyperlink the best choice to use for the picture 2) how do i make the picture visble on a form thank you for your help sorry i sent this to the wrong newsgroup how every any advice would still be appreciated "William Storey II" <billstorey@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:zguub.30991$TL5.30867@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com... > i am trying to make a database and i have a record that has a hyperlink to a > picture > > i have two question > &g...

when I type a long number it shows up as smaller number and +
when converting from xls to csv format, some of my longer mortgage numbers get condensed into a smaller number with a letter, a plus sign and another number. example: 100020013120 turns into 1.0002E+11. Any way to get rid of this? Thanks, Yes, just specify the format that you want. Format Cells...>Number>0 decimal places Regards, Fred "SandyC" <SandyC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA52E426-360E-4BE5-B63B-1209E673CA65@microsoft.com... > when converting from xls to csv format, some of my longer mortgage numbers > get conde...

Anyone Else Use Database Query to Query Another Sheet in the Same Excel Workbook?
Wow! I tried this out, and it seems to work beautifully. It's odd, though, that I haven't seen this technique mentioned in any of the several Excel references that I've looked at. Basically, I have a workbook with several worksheets...one worksheet contains a large list with all the records. I wanted to set up the other worksheets to have certain functions...I wanted them to use only certain columns from the main list, and to contain only certain records from the main list that met specified conditions. This is the best solution I have found so far - i.e., creating database q...

Wildcards in Excel Formulas
I am working on an Excel spreadsheet and I am tyring to write a formula to read the 4th character of previously entered data For instance, codes entered in column A could be eadSvf1 and eadNvf1. I need a formula to read that 4th character and put a 1 or 2 in column B depending on if the 4th character is an S or an N Hope that made sense and thanks in advance. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ got it, thanks anyway, I ended up using the MID function ...

Formula automation
Hi all, I want to create a formula automation so when a user enter a data through the form that I've created, the data will go straight to my Excel database and Excel should automatically calculate them using the formula from the previous row. I have tried to go to "Tools-options-edit-extend formula" and ticked the box but it won't do anything. Does anyone has any idea on how to do this automation thing? Thanks a lot! Rgds, Marcella ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software!http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categori...

create price list from excel sheet
I have been using Excel 2003 to manage a list of approximately 200 items. This is a very simple list comprising of four or five fields one of which is the price. I prefer to use Excel to manage this data because it then becomes very simple for me to use formulas in order to calculate prices after changes or additions to the items. I would like to produce a simple A5 flyer listing all the items together with their prices. What will be the best way to do this? I have explored the possibility of exporting the Excel sheet into something like Microsoft publisher but I am looking for a fa...

how do i copy a formula when cell references r not together
in cell reference H5 i have a formula H4*H3, I have copied this formula through to DG5. In cell reference H7 I have a formula H6*H3 which i have also copied through to DG7.I have formulas right down to cell reference H299 (H298*H3) Is there a quick way to repeat the copy bearing in mind the cell references are not together ie H5, H7, H9 and so on. Jon, Copy cells H6:H7, then select H6:H299 and pastespecial formulas. Just make sure your formula is =H6*$H$3 HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "jon104" <jon104@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDAB488A-5CDA-47A2-AD...

Users not showing up??
I'm having trouble adding users and mailboxes in Exchange 2003. My Exchange 2003 box is connected to a Windows 2003 DC. On the Exchange box, whenever I add a user in the Active Directory, it shows up as an account, and all the Exchange tabs are assigned to the user....however under Exchange System Manager no mailbox is created...even though I've run Exchange Tasks in the AD on that same box. Is it because I have to somehow sync the AD on the Exchange box to the DC, or is it something else? Please help!! On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 15:42:02 -0700, "Scott S." <ScottS@discussio...

Overwriting a cell with a formula without deleting the formula
Hello. I am creating an Expense Report worksheet and have created a simple formula that will calculate mileage based on total miles. Below is my worksheet data. A B C D 1 Expense Type Acct. Code Total Miles Amount 2 Airfare 11111 $250.00 3 Mileage 22222 20 $10.00 I am trying to figure out a way to create a conditional formula so that IF Expense...