Segrigation of different datas from one colum

Hi ,

I am trying to segrigate and pull data from one colum to  different colums.
For this I want to created a macro . Also I want this data to be pulled from
a word document and to be pasted on an Excel template.Is it possible ??then
How can we do it .

Hi Roy-

Providing a sample of the type of data you are working with (whatever you
want to segregate, also called "parsing") would be helpful in order to
provide you more direction.

You can definitely extract data from a Word document, but how efficient it
is will vary depending on how your Word document was set up. For example:
* Was all data entered into form fields in a protected document? If so,
extracting the data is extremely easy.
* Is all of your data in table cells in Word, where the target table cells
contain only your desired content? That is easy to pull, but you may have a
small amount of cleanup once the data is in Excel.
* Is your data in tables, but where the tables also contain unwanted text,
like user instructions, headers, and prompts? It becomes much more difficult
to pull cleanly, because users may have edited the cell content in ways that
won't allow you to automatically extract just your target text.
* Is your target content just in the body of the word document, in-line with
other text? You can search for key strings that may get you your target
output, but again, if users edited the file, you'll still be fixing some of
your output by hand.

Please provide more information, and hopefully the group can provide
additional assistance.

Best,
Keith

"Roy Thomas" wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I am trying to segrigate and pull data from one colum to  different colums.
> For this I want to created a macro . Also I want this data to be pulled from
> a word document and to be pasted on an Excel template.Is it possible ??then
> How can we do it .

Cannot syncronize accounts in different currencies on my pocket
Hello, I often need to manage accounts in different base currencies but it seems that accounts different from base currency, do no appear on pocket pc 2005. I am using money 2005 on my desktop and recently downloaded pocket money 2005 to my ipaq. This seems to be a serious limitation. any suggestions? Thanks It is a (one of the) limitation of the pocket pc client. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://regi...

Data Validation #12
Hi. I have data validations in sheet1 as named range lists from sheet2. When I have deleted sheet2 and copy sheet2 from identical other workbook - my validations does is not work... I see Name ranges in copied worksheet, but when I use they in validation - I have error: "The Source currently evaluates an error. Do you wish continue?" Only after deleting of Named ranges in Sheet2 and recreating its, my validations works. It is possible after replacing of worksheet with named ranges for validations (named ranges names are identical) use copied worksheet without recreating ...

Remote data access
As a new .net developer, I would like to know how a VB.net Windows application can access a SQL Server database residing on a web server. In other words, using the Visual Studio IDE, is there a way to develop a Visual Basic, Windows application that can access a SQL Server database over the internet. Thanks for suggestions, John C. John C. wrote: > As a new .net developer, I would like to know how a > VB.net Windows application can access a SQL Server > database residing on a web server. > > In other words, using the Visual Studio IDE, is there a > way to develop...

Data Entry Form 03-20-08
Hi, I created a form to use for viewing currently records and entering new data. This time, the form doesn't allow me to enter new data. In fact, all text boxes didn't let me to enter new information. Please help Thanks Chi Several things to check: In form properties: Allow Additions = Yes Allow Edits = Yes If the form's record source is a query, be sure the query is updatable. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Chi" wrote: > Hi, > > I created a form to use for viewing currently records and entering new data. > > This time, the ...

Sort one coloumn according to another coloumn on another worksheet
Hi guys. i am a newbie. i went through all the posts but couldnt inderstand. I want to sort coloumn A on worksheet 2 according to coloumn A on worksheet2. e.g Coloumn A ( Worksheet1) B | Column A (Worksheet 2 harry H david david D craig craig C harry smith S smith The contents of coloumn A will not be the same order every day. Could someone help me sort c...

Sorting lots of data
We are trying to sort through a csv file that we converted to an excel spreadsheet. the spreadsheet has over 40,000 entries which include mailing addresses that are in some cases duplicated. is there anyway to sort/filter the info to locate the duplicates and then remove them?? any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you for your responses. Hi use 'Data - Advanced Filters' and check 'unique entries' or use the following addin for this: http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany miss lynar wrote: > We are trying to sort thr...

Stacking Data??
if I have data like this A B C D... 1 Type\Date 01/10/04 02/10/04 03/10/04... 2 T-X 100 50 100 3 T-Y 50 70 0 4 T-Z 400 0 400 ... .. ...

Transfer Roth from One Brokerage to Another?
I'm using the Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe Trial. How would I go about telling Money about transferring a Roth from one brokerage to another (I'm letting money download the data from my current brokerage)? Is there some way to, perhaps, change the Financial Institution and account number and then let Money continue as though nothing has happened? Or, do I have to close the old account and then open a new one and somehow account for the shares? In microsoft.public.money, David A. Lessnau wrote: >I'm using the Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe Trial. How would I go about >...

set limit for one year prior
trying to write a query to select occupdate for one year prior to toustartdate where occupdate < (toustartdate - 365) where occupdate < (toustartdate - 1 year) don't work I'm sure it's a simple solution - can someone help me out. Ian (Ian@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > trying to write a query to select occupdate for one year prior to > toustartdate > > where occupdate < (toustartdate - 365) > where occupdate < (toustartdate - 1 year) > don't work These WHERE clauses would return rows where occupdate is one or more bef...

order data by a rank
i need to create a form order by the militaty rank.This form is based in a query "qrystaff" with three fields: MemberID FullName and Rank.I´d like that the data were ordered firstly by MilitaryRank and secondly by FullName in alphabetical order.There is an easy way to do this? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/201003/1 When you create queries, you're given the option to specify the sort order under each field. If the fields aren't in the order from left-to-right in the query grid, you can add ...

Turn data #2
Is there a way to turn the data in an Excel spreadsheet so that what is on the top is now on the side and what is on the side is now on top? I need to export my spreadsheet into Access but, I can't get it to format correctly in its current orientation. ~Make a backup copy of your data to work from (just in case, so you don't lose data) ~Highlight the entire range of data; click >Edit >Copy ~Choose a new location, on a different sheet perhaps; click >Edit >Paste Special and select the Transpose box; click OK Does that do it for you? thank you so much. You are a genius...

Data in columns not rows
I have file that is names, addresses and phone numbers. When I copy it into excel it comes out like this. (COLUMNA) NAME ADDRESS ADDRESS2 PHONE I need it to be like this COLUMNA COLUMNB COLUMNC COLUMND NAME ADDRESS ADDRESS2 PHONE Is there a way to change this without copying and pasting? Jenn Is the data consistently 4 rows? Or do you have varying sets? How far down Column A do the sets extend? If 4 rows per set try this..... In B1 enter =INDEX($A$1:$A$3000,(ROW()-1)*4+COLUMN()-1,1) Drag/copy across to E1 then select B1:E1 and drag/copy down u...

Using a Text / Data output as a cell reference
I am trying to use the end of a column as a divisor and need to convert what i guess is text into an actual cell reference if possible. In column A, say there are 13 data points ending at cell A13. I then try to turn that into a cell reference with the formula ="A"&TEXT(COUNTA(A1:A13,),"0") I put this formula in B1 the output of this is then A13 what i need this to do, is be able to divide any cell by A13. The reason I am going through all this trouble is that there are many columns and each has a different # of data points. I hope this is somewhat clear. Thanks ...

Display of CRM data in SharePoint
Is is possible to allow non-CRM users the ability to view CRM data on SharePoint without using the CRM external connector? Thanks, -Rick M. Microsoft would require you to have a license per user I think ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Rick M" <RickM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3E731A1-D059-4D49-B879-6025A1817FD8@microsoft.com... > Is is possible to allow non-CRM users the ability to view CRM data on > SharePoint without using the CRM external connector? > > Thanks, > -Rick...

Outlook Data File Not Closing Properly
I always get the following error message when starting Outlook 2002 (running Office XP and Windows XP) : "The data file 'outlook' was not closed properly. The file is being checked for problems." I get this message everytime (whether I hibernate or shut down) when I start Outlook. This checking of the file can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes and is very frustrating. Anyone have any idea what the issue is ? This started happening just after I installed XP SP3. ...

Simple question
I have an xls sheet that always print 6 copies. When ever I want to print, I have to change it to 1 copy. It's only this one xls sheet. Everything else prints 1 copy like it's suppose to. It's not the printer settings. Like I said, it's just this one xls sheet. Can someone tell me how to make it print 1 copy only and then stay as 1 as the defualt. I have made many changes to the sheet and saved it many times, but it always defaults to 6 copies. Very Strange. Thanks in advance. Phil If maybe as simple as this, as each page can have the page count se individua...

BP Installation Error
Someone post this question before:- MbfPackager data importation process has failed. please c:\DOCUME~1\ADMIN~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\MbfPackager.Import.NoMerge.Common.xml for more information. Problem: When installing Microsoft Business Portal 2.5. Can anyone help me on this error? I'm installing Business Portal 2.5 Feature Pack on Windows 2003 Standard Edition. And, the BP is reading the Great Plains 8.0 database at another server. Cheers, Emily ...

Access data
Is there a way to open an Access 97 database with Excel 97? Hi C, I have a hyperlink in my excel workbook that opens the access workbook, i use it for correction purposes. Would a hyperlink work? Larry -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21287 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492101 In Excel try Data>Import External Data>Import Data or New Database Query Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 07:43:...

Importing data from Excel to Outlook
I have an excel spreadsheet with over 2500 contacts. The Spreadsheet is set up with Last Name, First Name in Column A, Full Address in Column B, Email Address in Column C. I have highlighted and defined a name for each of the columns. Each time I attempt to import the data into Outlook 2003 the importing and exporting window never completes its task. I tried to perform an import with a new excel workbook with only limited information and the same thing happens. Any ideas? I've had the same problem. First, save your file as a text file, then import into Outlook. HTH -- Since...

Serializing multiple objects in one XML document
Each time I serialize an object using XmlSerializer I get a structure like this: <?xml version="1.0"?> <MyType> .. .. </MyType> <?xml version="1.0"?> <MyType> .. .. </MyType> Instead I would like <?xml version="1.0"?> <MyRootThatIWillWriteToTheStream> <MyType> .. .. </MyType> <MyType> .. .. </MyType> </MyRootThatIWillWriteToTheStream> So in other words, can I avoid writing the XML 1.0 decoration header each time? -- Thanks An XML document can only have 1 root, so you have to add ...

Web query to create historical stock data
Web query is easy to schedule 5 minute refresh, however I want to retain this 5minute data to create a database continuing throughout the trading day to generate 5 minute intraday price/volume data, my question is how can I move the data up or down so as not to remove the previous 5minutes data as the new data is generated. Any suggestions appreciated. thx You will need to (use a macro) move to another sheet. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "ChrisT" <ChrisT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C721E31-87C5-4C99-8119-F57557BDA5E3@m...

different number format
Hi, this is probably an easy question but I am at a loss been an excel newbie. I have XP with my local regional settings, where the number format is 1.000,29 (onethousand and 29/100) on a specific excel sheet I need to revert these settings, in order to paste a large amount of data 1000.29 (onethousand and 29/100) anybody can suggest how to do this? TIA Hi Daniele, I think you shouldn't change your setting, paste the data and then use the code below to fix the numbers: Sub TextToNumberOnActiveColumn() Dim r As Integer Dim c As Range r = ActiveCell.EntireColumn.Range(&qu...

Data Analysis Report
I'm doing report in MPS. Currently i can show year, month , day in details. But i also want to show that which day is weekday or weekend(sat or sun) in report. If anyone can help me this problem, i'll be appreciate it. thanks. ...

macro to copy into different worksheets
I have a excel worksheet which shows a list like below. Directory of C:\Sarah\files\Dec04 09/02/2005 13:30 6,312 Dec04.sav 1 File(s) 6,312 bytes Directory of C:\Sarah\code\Admissions\0001 20/04/2004 14:45 290,929,896 adm0001.sav 1 File(s) 290,929,896 bytes What I want a macro to do is to look down this worksheet and select each record on the list. I.E find the line starting with the word Directory, selecting all the lines below until it gets to another line starting with Directory, it then pastes this into a different worksheet. then goes back and sele...

data validation lists
Hi, I am trying to use data validation lists.... with a small twist. For simple validations, I have no trouble creating the list, or setting up the validation because that's pretty standard. Right now, though, I want to do something a little nonstandard. I have a validation list that consists of a code and a description. So, for a list of states I would fill the validation list with stuff like 'NY New York' where 'NY' is the state code, and 'New York' is a description of what the code means. I create a validation list with all the state codes and their full names...