Removing disabled Macro

I had been playing with some macros in a book I have.  I didn't think I had
saved any of them.  Now when I open that workbook, I get a message that says
macros are disabled because the security level is set to High...  I'd like to
delete these macros that somehow got stored but when I go to Tools, Macros,
Macros the option to Delete one is not visible - it is grayed out.

Does anyone know how to remove these macros that I was fiddling with and
don't want to keep?  Thank you.

You need to remove the Modules as well as the macros they used to contain.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201002

"Nadine" wrote:

> I had been playing with some macros in a book I have.  I didn't think I had
> saved any of them.  Now when I open that workbook, I get a message that says
> macros are disabled because the security level is set to High...  I'd like to
> delete these macros that somehow got stored but when I go to Tools, Macros,
> Macros the option to Delete one is not visible - it is grayed out.
>
> Does anyone know how to remove these macros that I was fiddling with and
> don't want to keep?  Thank you.

OK.  How do I do that?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

> You need to remove the Modules as well as the macros they used to contain.
> --
> Gary''s Student - gsnu201002
>

> "Nadine" wrote:
>
> > I had been playing with some macros in a book I have.  I didn't think I had
> > saved any of them.  Now when I open that workbook, I get a message that says
> > macros are disabled because the security level is set to High...  I'd like to
> > delete these macros that somehow got stored but when I go to Tools, Macros,
> > Macros the option to Delete one is not visible - it is grayed out.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to remove these macros that I was fiddling with and
> > don't want to keep?  Thank you.

Open the VBE. In the VBAProject explorer window, navigate to the module.
Right-click on it, "Remove", and choose not to export it (I'm assuming).

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"Nadine" <Nadine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> OK.  How do I do that?
>
> "Gary''s Student" wrote:
>
>> You need to remove the Modules as well as the macros they used to
>> contain.
>> --
>> Gary''s Student - gsnu201002
>>

>> "Nadine" wrote:
>>
>> > I had been playing with some macros in a book I have.  I didn't think I
>> > had
>> > saved any of them.  Now when I open that workbook, I get a message that
>> > says
>> > macros are disabled because the security level is set to High...  I'd
>> > like to
>> > delete these macros that somehow got stored but when I go to Tools,
>> > Macros,
>> > Macros the option to Delete one is not visible - it is grayed out.
>> >
>> > Does anyone know how to remove these macros that I was fiddling with
>> > and
>> > don't want to keep?  Thank you.

0
Luke
5/6/2010 7:33:47 PM
In the Project pane in the VBA Window, right-click the Module and select
Remove module.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201002

"Nadine" wrote:

> OK.  How do I do that?
>
> "Gary''s Student" wrote:
>
> > You need to remove the Modules as well as the macros they used to contain.
> > --
> > Gary''s Student - gsnu201002
> >

> > "Nadine" wrote:
> >
> > > I had been playing with some macros in a book I have.  I didn't think I had
> > > saved any of them.  Now when I open that workbook, I get a message that says
> > > macros are disabled because the security level is set to High...  I'd like to
> > > delete these macros that somehow got stored but when I go to Tools, Macros,
> > > Macros the option to Delete one is not visible - it is grayed out.
> > >
> > > Does anyone know how to remove these macros that I was fiddling with and
> > > don't want to keep?  Thank you.

Debra Dalgleish shows how to clean up all the remnants of macros:
http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> Debra Dalgleish shows how to clean up all the remnants of macros:
> http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros
>
> Nadine wrote:
> >
> > I had been playing with some macros in a book I have.  I didn't think I had
> > saved any of them.  Now when I open that workbook, I get a message that says
> > macros are disabled because the security level is set to High...  I'd like to
> > delete these macros that somehow got stored but when I go to Tools, Macros,
> > Macros the option to Delete one is not visible - it is grayed out.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to remove these macros that I was fiddling with and
> > don't want to keep?  Thank you.
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> .

Disable Shift+F10 & context menu key in worksheet
Dear all, In Excel worksheet, I want to disable cell's context menu. Through VBA script I have disabled mouse right-click action by its event SheetBeforeRightClick. My question is how can I prevent by keyboard, Shift+F10 and windows context menu key? Thanks. -- Best regards, RL "Lurc" <lurchot@spam.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:upyxRQ0XFHA.1152@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > Dear all, > > In Excel worksheet, I want to disable cell's context menu. > > Through VBA script I have disabled mouse right-click action by its > event SheetBeforeRigh...

How to run a Macro in MS Publisher from DOS command prompt?
Publisher 2003 with XP Prof. I am trying to run my macro as mspub.exe "document.pub" /mMyMacro where "MyMacro" is my macro but instead of running it, it's just MS Publisher opening "document.pub" file. How can I make it open the macro (this is for automate purposes). btw: my macro security setting are set to "low". Thanks joe1977@tlen.pl wrote: > Publisher 2003 with XP Prof. > I am trying to run my macro as mspub.exe "document.pub" /mMyMacro > where "MyMacro" is my macro but instead of running it, it's just MS >...

Protecting while still allowing macros to run
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with macros that update formulas in cells. Is there any way of protecting the worksheet while still allowing the user to run the macros. Hi Tammy, If you use VBA to turn on protection you can look in the help system for the arguments for Protect and you will find one called UserInterfaceOnly:=True which allows the macro to run in a protected workbook, but doesn't allow users to modify stuff manually. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Tammy" <Tammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D21508D-2564-4AFB-AB73-98C7ABC27A7C@microsoft.com...

Macro help need with worksheet unprotect/protect and closing an externally referenced file...
Hi, I have the following macro that will shell out and open another spreadsheet to bring some data back into my workbook. Somehow, I need this macro to close that externally referenced file (without saving) once it opens it, manipulates some data and copies it to bring back into my workbook. Everything works now except the closing part. The second part of my problem is that one of the sheets in this workbook is protected because of a macro button I have on that sheet. It's protected without a password. I need to get the protection to temporarily be turned off to do some things and the...

Macros #7
I currently have a workbook that has 10 worksheets. Nine of the 10 worksheets are brought in from another application. The 10th worksheet is added at the beginning as a summary worksheet for the other 9. At this time someone has created a macro to look in column H of worksheets 2 - 10 (may not always be 10 worksheets, could be more, could be less) for a value of 1.00 and if it exists to delete that row. While this works great, it has to be manually applied to all 9 worksheets in the workbook. Is there a way to get the macro to run for all worksheets except the first one? Thanks in...

close window disabled
When I open up an excel document, the close window (X) button is greyed out (disabled). What might be causing this. Windows XP (SP2) Excel (office 2000) ...

running macros in excel
Does anyone know if I can run a macro automatically when I open the spreadsheet ? thanks. Call the macro Auto_Open, or add your code to the Workbook_Open event. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "bobuk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:fbb201c3f219$2e99ee50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if I can run a macro automatically when I > open the spreadsheet ? thanks. ...

Macros upon opening excel
I have a problem, I have a worksheet that I created and it worked fine and when you opened it it opened normally. I recently had to protect some of the cells so people wouldnt mess with my formulas and now when I open the worksheet it always asks to enable or disable the macros but I do not have any macros made. Is there something I am missing? Thanks in advance. Upload files to see. <angela.gay@gmail.com> ??????:026394a2-3c02-4066-988a-0d69e82a740e@13g2000yql.googlegroups.com... >I have a problem, I have a worksheet that I created and it worked fine > and when you opened it it ...

(2007) Excel macro blocks Outlook???
Why does a long running macro in Excel 2007 block Outlook??? (No, the macro doesn't access Outlook in any way. It does use ADO to access a database). I've noticed similar things on several occassions... where one Office 2007 App will block another (for no reason). God I hate Office 2007. -- -C. Moya www.cmoya.com Blocks Outlook in what way? From starting up? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more ----- "C. Moya" <cmm@nospam.com> wrote in mess...

How to remove duplicate record
I have excel spread sheet containing Item Number and desrcription. I found out that user been creating duplicate Item number. How do I find and delete the duplicate one and keep one. I need a way to do at once instead of searching one by one. Thanks. Kyle Dta>Filter>Advanced Filter. Check "unique records only" and "copy to another location". For more on this see Debra Dalgleish's site. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 16:18:08 -0700, "Kyle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.co...

removing an email address from the history
I am wondering if there is a way to remove an email address from the history of the "to:" button in Outlook. What I mean is this.....when you start a new message and type a letter in the to: text box, it will give you a list of people that you may have sent to previously that start with that letter. There may be some old addresses that are no longer valid. Is there a way to get those old addresses deleted, so that they are no longer "remembered" for future messages? Chris Reynolds <ChrisReynolds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am wondering if there...

Mail-disable public folders?
Hi all, hope you can help here, I have ended up with some sort of mailed enabled inheritence or default for all the public folders; this was a new install of exchange 2003 SP2 (SBS); I am pretty sure that normally the default is NOT to mail enable public folders and the administrator has to explicitly email enable each one required. Apart from not wanting hundreds of email addresses being active, it actually means that some addresses are associated with folders and they should be used elsewhere e.g. associated with a user account. What may have caused this is that I populated the new ex...

macro trouble
hi i have recorded a macro for my workbook to cut paste data however what i have observed is that the procedure is than some how rough when is pasteing and coming back to the last sheet. may i know how to get it done very smoothly without shaken. here is the code Sub Transfer_() ' ' Transfer_ Macro ' ' Range("Form").Select Selection.Copy Sheets("Sales ").Select Range("Sales[[#Headers],[PRODUCT ID ]]").Select Selection.End(xlDown).Select ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Range("Sales[[#Headers],[PRODUCT ID ...

Enabled or Disabled checkbox
How do I know if a checkbox has been enabld / disabled? >How do I know if a checkbox has been enabld / disabled? A checkbox is a window like all standard controls. You can test the enabled state via IsWindowEnabled. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Use IsWindowEnabled. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "JackRnl" <Hccnet@Runit.Scarlet.nl> wrote in message news:bj7jup$2pp$1@news.hccnet.nl... > How do I know if a checkbox has been enabld / disabled? > > ...

Macro to save file using vlookup...
Here's what I'm trying to do... I want a macro that will take a date value from a cell (say B2 on sheet1) and compare it to a list of closing dates (month's end closing). It needs to then make folders for the year and month (if they don't already exist) and save the file in that folder. The sheet with the closing dates is setup like this: Month Ending Fiscal Year November 11/28/04 2005 December 12/31/04 2005 And so on... Thanks for the help up front! ...

POP3 and IMAP feature Disable
Hi, When i create User Bydefault POP3 and IMAP Exchange feature enable. I want whenever i create user account by default POP3 and IMAP Exchange feature disable. I am waiting for your reply. Thanks In Advance Sandeep Sawant On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 01:11:02 -0800, Sandeep SAwant <SandeepSAwant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > When i create User Bydefault POP3 and IMAP Exchange feature enable. I >want whenever i create user account by default POP3 and IMAP Exchange feature >disable. I am waiting for your reply. > >Thanks In Advance >Sandeep Sawant Clone...

Remove signature from mail template
Hi, I have created a email template in Outlook 2003 and created a menu button to use it. Outlook puts a signature on new emails, but is putting it above the body of my message (ie before my saved text). Is there a way I can supress the signature being added to just this template? or make it add the signature after the body text? many thanks for any advice You can suppress the use of signatures on all custom forms with a = registry value. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/ol2003problems.htm#sp1 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.t...

Macro to change view of sheets
I have a workbook with about 85 sheets happen that we have to change the view from Normal to Page break preview wvery month, I could record a macro (with the recorder), page by page and it works, but could somebody help me to get a condensed macro, because I have to set another macro to changed them back to Normal. Thanks for your help. Fernando One way: Public Sub ToggleViews() Dim wkSht As Worksheet Dim nView As Long Dim sOldActive As String With Application .ScreenUpdating = False .EnableEvents = False End Wi...

Disabling / graying out a control at runtime
Hi, I have a control on a modal dialog, that I which to disable when the user does something. How do I do this? EnableWindow(FALSE); -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "Hamish" <h.dean@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message news:1A25e.16609$1S4.1692401@news.xtra.co.nz... > Hi, I have a control on a modal dialog, that I which to disable when the > user does something. How do I do this? > > look for [EnableWindow] api -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "I Believe ...

Macro to add numbers to create combinations that equal certain amo
Thank you for your assistance. I receive a list of numbers, usually over one hundred items. I need to find out which amounts will add up to a given total. How would I create a macro to do this? Is there already an Excel function to do this that I have not found? It would need to work with currency. Ex: 9, 12, 7, 4, 15, 8, 10, 3 total needed 18 Solution 8+10; 3+15 Lauren, With a hundred different items, there are over 2^100 possible ways to combine them. You would need a supercomputer - or maybe even multiple supercomputers. If you had fewer than 25, you could do it. HTH, Bernie...

Remove Spacing In A Cell
I am trying to eliminate spacing for a upc in a cell. For a example: 0 11111 22222 3 011111222223 I have tried Clean, Trim, & Substitute. Anyone have any answers or Ideas? Thanks, Hi Span, See David McRitchie's TrimAll page at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm#trimall --- Regards, Norman "Span" <Span@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1343031C-1E8E-4CA8-8B51-B353B734BAE6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to eliminate spacing for a upc in a cell. For a example: > 0 11111 22222 3 > 011111222223 > > I have tried Cl...

Where is the macro?
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel A form field executes a macro upon exiting the field. The macro works as programmed. However, I now want to edit it and cannot find it on the dropdown list of macros. I do not recall if I saved it with the document or in a re-named template (or in Normal.dot). <br><br>Ron You probably saved it as "Private", in which case the only way to find it would be to use Find in the VB Editor to look for the name. It won't appear in any list. Cheers On 29/01/10 1:24 AM, in article 59bb1c2...

How to use Windows command within Excel macros
Hi, I want to select a bunch of text data separated by commas from a website, use Windows copy command to copy and paste it into a worksheet in Notepad and save it as a text file. How can I do that? That's all. In case you want to know further, I then can open the text file within Excel as a comma delimited data and manipulate it as much as I like. Thanks for any help. TIA Tom Hi Tom --From 'Insert' menu select 'Object' --Select 'Word Pad Document' --Select 'Display As Icon' if you want.. --Edit,save etc; as you want -- ...

Disable 5.5 Start up
Can any one tell me all the services i need to disable in order to prevent Ex. 5.5 to not start in SBS 4.5? I had to swap out a motherbord and I can not reach the nic setting becuse the resources are being used by Exchange. Thanks for any help. Thanks all, I worked it out. >-----Original Message----- >Can any one tell me all the services i need to disable in >order to prevent Ex. 5.5 to not start in SBS 4.5? > >I had to swap out a motherbord and I can not reach the >nic setting becuse the resources are being used by >Exchange. > >Thanks for any help. >...

Completely Removing User Accounts
Using GP Dynamics 7 on SQL Server 2000. I am having trouble with adding a new user account when that user account used to exist previously, but was deleted from a previous installation. Originally, we had setup user accounts for our sales staff who connect via VPN to our network. We migrated our SQL server/Dynamics and moved it to a new server to accomodate the workload and I had migrated the user accounts using SQL scripting provided by GP Support. (I know this creates a temp table with these old accounts). Reconfiguring security, I deleted accounts and am trying to recreate the...