Problem - hidden cell names in worksheet

i all
I am having a strange issue with my excell file since a while. This is the
second year I am using it without problem. I start a workday with a new sheet
so every morning I just copy (Edit/Move or Copy Sheet) the latest sheet,
rename it and use it.
All of a suddent when I perform this operation I have a prompt that says "a
formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name 'aaa', which
exists in the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of the
name?"
I would hit yes to proceed, then I would get over 50 other prompts with
different names, and finally a new sheet.
My file contains a macro who basically inserts the current time in the
active cell. Apart from that there is no named cell.
Has anyone ever experienced such problem? How was it resolved?
Thanks you very much for your help.
--
Bigger

Hi

Probably you accidentelly named some range - it may happen easily (you
activated Name field (the one where usually active cell address is
displayed, typed 'aaa', and hit Enter)

In Excel 2000 or like, select Insert>Name>Define (in Excel2007 it is in
different location, search help for 'Named Range'.
You see a list of defined names - delete all names 'aaa' (you see probably
one - for active sheet. When you delete it, the next one is displayed, etc.
delete until none is left.

Arvi Laanemets

"Bigger" <bradymailbox-devlop@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>i all
> I am having a strange issue with my excell file since a while. This is the
> second year I am using it without problem. I start a workday with a new
> sheet
> so every morning I just copy (Edit/Move or Copy Sheet) the latest sheet,
> rename it and use it.
> All of a suddent when I perform this operation I have a prompt that says
> "a
> formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name 'aaa', which
> exists in the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of
> the
> name?"
> I would hit yes to proceed, then I would get over 50 other prompts with
> different names, and finally a new sheet.
> My file contains a macro who basically inserts the current time in the
> active cell. Apart from that there is no named cell.
> Has anyone ever experienced such problem? How was it resolved?
> Thanks you very much for your help.
> --
> Bigger

0
Arvi
1/29/2010 5:38:46 PM
Arvi,
Thank you fr your response and sorry for not having replied soonner. I had
travelled for the ween-end.
I followed tthe path Insert>Name>Define, the Define name box is empty. no
name shows up.
I am using MS Office Excel 2003 and Windows XP Professional
Don't know what to do.

--
Bigger
Douala, Cameroun

"Arvi Laanemets" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Probably you accidentelly named some range - it may happen easily (you
> activated Name field (the one where usually active cell address is
> displayed, typed 'aaa', and hit Enter)
>
> In Excel 2000 or like, select Insert>Name>Define (in Excel2007 it is in
> different location, search help for 'Named Range'.
> You see a list of defined names - delete all names 'aaa' (you see probably
> one - for active sheet. When you delete it, the next one is displayed, etc.
> delete until none is left.
>

> Arvi Laanemets
>

> "Bigger" <bradymailbox-devlop@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >i all
> > I am having a strange issue with my excell file since a while. This is the
> > second year I am using it without problem. I start a workday with a new
> > sheet
> > so every morning I just copy (Edit/Move or Copy Sheet) the latest sheet,
> > rename it and use it.
> > All of a suddent when I perform this operation I have a prompt that says
> > "a
> > formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name 'aaa', which
> > exists in the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of
> > the
> > name?"
> > I would hit yes to proceed, then I would get over 50 other prompts with
> > different names, and finally a new sheet.
> > My file contains a macro who basically inserts the current time in the
> > active cell. Apart from that there is no named cell.
> > Has anyone ever experienced such problem? How was it resolved?
> > Thanks you very much for your help.
> > --
> > Bigger
>

> .

CListCtrl with owner data and tooltip missing problem
I've a CListView derived class with owner data style and report view. My tooltip gets displayed and then overdrawn repeatedly. Traces in my lvn_getdispinfo and ttn_needtext handlers get called repeatedly. Are there known problems with tooltips and owner data? Any Ideas? Thanks, Jeff F ...

Excel 2007: Problem with refresh screen (when minimizied)
Hello On our network (around 40 workstations; Win XP Pro and Office 2007) we have particular the following problem: The user minimized the Excel programm window and do some other works in other applications, return to the minimized Excel window and want to maximize the Excel window. Result: The Excel window is empty. You can paricular see some rows or colums but often not. We try out also other graphic card but get no success. Any ideas? Kind regards, Martin Schweizer ...

Problem adding new record in form view
Hi there, I have inherited an acccess database and have had to do some troubleshooting on an error message which is now sorted out. I now am unable to add a new record in form view, however if I enter the information directly into the table there is no problem. Please could you help with what might be going wrong? Thanks -- Snoozi Suzi Open the form in design view. Open the properties window for the form. Is the Allow Additions property set to yes? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "SnooziSuzi" <SnooziSuzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Problem moving mailbox between Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000
Hi! I'm trying to move mailbox between Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000 using the MS ADUC. Everything works well - the wizard shows that move operation was successfull but after the move operation I've noticed that moved mailbox exists on source server and destination server. All mail messages are moved to the new server. On the source server the home server property (home-mdb) didn't change. I've tried to follow the XADM: How to Prevent Mail Loss When Move Mailbox Operation Is Unsuccessful. When I change the home-mdb and home-mta properties the account dissapears from the source...

how to count cells with equal sign
Hi guys please help me to write this formula: if the integers of the A1 and A2 are of the same sign(+ or -) =1 if not =0 I need to count cells with equal sign and i don't know how to expres in formula "equal sign" Appreciate your help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi! Perhaps use the fact that, if you multiply together two numbers wit the same sign the answer will be positive. And if you multiply two wit opposite signs, the answer will be negative. So: =if(A1*A2>0,1,0). This doesn't cover the cases of A1 and/or A2 being zero. Does tha matter? If i...

putting date and time together in 1 cell
Hi I need to convert New Zealand time to UK time, the time is displayed in two parts A B date time dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss How do i get cell A and cell B into one cell with the format dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss and then I can just minus 13 hours. any ideas please. =SUM(A2,B2,-13/24) and format the cell as dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Hi I need to convert New Zealand time to UK time, the time >is displayed in two parts >A B >date time >dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss > >How do i get cell A and c...

Problems
When i try and log onto Money deluxe 2004 it requires me to get online everytime - there used to be a button that let me skup that option, but now it is gone. I heard you have to download something to fix that but dont know where to go. I also always press "remember my passwords" but everytime i have to enter it. Is this part of the same problem or a different one? I have never been here before so i am sure these will be very simple questions to some of you but i am grateful for your time and would really appreciate any help. thanks again. Matthew - skyvend@aol.com I...

Formatting 0 values to show blank cells
I am using the =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(...)),0,VLOOKUP(...)) to return a zero value. For printing purposes I need the 0 to not show in the cell (blank cell). I can do this by using the accounting format, but a dash (-) still shows in the cell. The sheet is protected to protect the formula. How can I protect AND not show anything in the cell WHILE keeping the value at "0"? You can use set the custom format to ;;""; See Worksheet and Excel table basics > Formatting numbers in Excel help file for details. "RLD" wrote: > I am using the =...

Change Name in OWA
Hi all, I had a question about OWA with exchange 2007. Do users have the ability, through the GUI of OWA, to change their first and last names that are set in Active Directory? Robert no "supersonic_oasis" <supersonicoasis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01F36301-1428-482E-8E86-4BDC21EFFD04@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > I had a question about OWA with exchange 2007. Do users have the ability, > through the GUI of OWA, to change their first and last names that are set > in > Active Directory? > > Robert ...

Problems with downloading from bank site
My Money file was up-to-date when my XP computer crashed. The new computer is Vista. Trying to recover with a backup that was three weeks old, I down loaded what I thought were the transactions I missed. Unfortunately, there were about $2,000 worth of transactions missed. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, John In microsoft.public.money, vinturella wrote: >My Money file was up-to-date when my XP computer crashed. The new computer is >Vista. Trying to recover with a backup that was three weeks old, I down >loaded what I thought were the transactions I missed. Unfortunately, t...

Problems during Outlook 2003 start
Greetings to Everybody I've a problem during the start of Outlook 2003: Last week I've installed and removed the program Motorola Mobile Phone Tools. Now everytime that I start outlook appears an error message about the impossibility to found a DLL called Out97.dll placed in the folde c:\programmi\mobile phone tools. In the error message is written to try to use the option "Rileva Problemi e ripristina" in the menu ?(English translation is about Find Problems and reset" but I don't think that in the English version of Outlook the menu is called like this) but if I ch...

Windows 7 Mail problem 12-08-09
Using Windows 7 Professional with a Gmail account. I installed Windows Live Mail and it works - but. Whenever I Sync (F5) it takes a long time and sometimes indicates the server is not connected too. Do I want to wait and I answer yes - then it proceeds VERY SLOWLY? Is there a problem with Google Gmail and Syncing mail? Is there something I missed in the setup? thx You'll find support for Windows Live Mail (WLMail) in this public newsgroup: microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop Via the web-interface: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/...

User name does not show up in Global Address List in Outlook
We created several AD accounts with email. I look at the exchange server and the recipients policy is default. Is there an options or configurations I need to do so the user email address will automatically show up in the global address list? I am stump as to why it does not show up in global address list. they should, automatically...are the AD accounts stamped with an smtp address? If not, it would appear that your RUS is malfunctioning...if they are, you should be able to see them in the GAL unless you're running Outlook in cached mode, maybe, and your OAB is not updating... -...

How to change a Macro based on content of a cell
Hi, I need to import a text file into a spreadsheet. I can do this manually by doing File > Open > then select a text file. Then Excel goes through the Text Import Wizard I can automate this by recording a Macro in Excel. The macro looks like this (Excell wrote that for me, I did not): Sub Macro1() Workbooks.OpenText Filename:="C:\DrillData\" + "MOR701.pck", Origin:=xlMSDOS, _ StartRow:=1, DataType:=xlFixedWidth, FieldInfo:=Array(Array(0, 1), Array(12 _ , 1), Array(26, 1), Array(37, 1)), TrailingMinusNumbers:=True End Sub How can I change ...

how to sort cells with sheet reference
i an unable to sort the data in cells containing a reference to anothe sheet. it seems as though excel is treating this reference as absolut and not relative. is there any way to do this, such that thes equations adjust to the sorting? any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks -- vba_neophyt ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vba_neophyte's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2418 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37804 one way would be to copy and paste specail values only - a...

Excell Cells: Auto Formatting
I have protected a workesheet and unfortunately when the people submit information on the cells and it is too long than the actual height of the row and it wont extend. What can I do? When protecting the sheet allow users to format cells and rows. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 13:14:01 -0800, Sophie <Sophie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have protected a workesheet and unfortunately when the people submit >information on the cells and it is too long than the actual height of the row > and it wont extend. What can I do? How do I jus...

Bank Reconciliation problem/question
In working on the reconciliation we've run across several transactions in the bank reconciliation screen that, in fact, are in a different checkbook than the one being reconcilied. As an example, we were reconciling our JPMorganChase bank account and one of the deposits listed in the screen is number 00000000000000000021 for $127,024.77 dated 2/22/06. However, this deposit, when zoomed in on, is actually in another of our checkbooks. It doesn't show up in the checkbook inquiry for Chase nor did it hit the g/l account associated with the Chase checkbook. There was a deposit wit...

Printing problem on a terminal server
Hi, I created an application that does some printing with MFC (7.1). When I do a print preview or I print, every thing works fine. However, when I try to do a print preview or if I try to print from within terminal server, then all the fonts are very small (they look like 1pt high). What am I doing wrong (or what should I do)? This is a sample of my code LOGFONT font; ::ZeroMemory(&font, sizeof(font)); _tcscpy(font.lfFaceName, _T("Courier New")); font.lfHeight = -MulDiv(75, pDC->GetDeviceCaps(LOGPIXELSY), 2540); // 7.5 pts font.lfWidth = 0; font.lfEscapement = 0; font.lfOr...

Problems running Duplicate Detection in CRM 4.0 in web interface
When I click on Workplace -> Duplicate Detection, I receive the following error: "Error: An error has occurred. Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organizations's Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administrator. Finally, you can contact Microsoft Support." Duplicate detection is enabled and there are several duplication rules that have also been created. Those rules also can be published without error. In researching this error, the only thing I can find that has been suggested is that there i...

Calculation problem where a fixed charge is involved
Forgive me for asking guidance on something which is probably quite simple. I've set up a worksheet to calculate all the hidden costs of on-line auctions and it is the PayPal aspect that is giving me grief. PayPal charge me 3.4% + 20p per transaction. If I use: =SUM(B2*0.034+0.2)and C2 and D2 and so on... ....it obviously gives me the right answer but, if I just enter the formula at the beginning of posting sales and before any purchase or bid has been made, when I want a nil balance to show, this method shows 20p. How do I amend the formula for that aspect so that the 20p set c...

range to cell
Hello, I am writing a program. I have a excel range object. And I want to point another cell at this range. how can I do that? On the range there is column = 4 row = 3. but I cannot just say =4,3 or something like that? don't you need =D3? why is the column D and not 4? strange =sheets("Sheet1").range("D4") or =sheets("Sheet1").cells(3, 4) -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "greg" wrote: > Hello, > I am writing a program. > I have a excel range object. > And I want to point another cell at this range. > how can I do that? > On the ran...

SMTP Connector Problems
If I have a SMTP Connecter (Exchange 2000) to my ISP and have all e-mails forward to the ISP. Does the Connector route incoming mail or is that direct from the senders E-mail servers? "Mike" <thisisafakeaddress@yahoo.com> wrote: >If I have a SMTP Connecter (Exchange 2000) to my ISP and have all e-mails >forward to the ISP. Does the Connector route incoming mail or is that >direct from the senders E-mail servers? Mail may arrive directly from a transmitting server, or you may have your mail collected at the ISP and delivered to your server either when yu connect ...

if the cell value exceeds the limit to have a dialog box appear
Is there a way that, if the cell value exceeds a certain limit, a dialog box would appear? Thanks for any assistance. Dave Check Data Validation: Select the cells Data>Data Validation Allow: (check out the number options: whole number, decimal, etc) Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "Dschro" wrote: > Is there a way that, if the cell value exceeds a certain limit, a dialog box > would appear? > > Thanks for any assistance. > > Dave > Ron, Here's the scenario -- on an Expense Report: If an employee was to fill in any amount in the &...

Big Problem-Please help!
I wanted to remove a server from a policy and instead of clicking remove from policy, I accidently click delete and it deleted the server. Now the server no longer functions. I tried to reinstall Exchange but nothing. Good thing this is just a connector server but I need it back up. Please HELP!! ...

problems with newly installed outlook 2002
hi, i've just upgraded from office 2000 to office xp... i have a problem with outlook 2002...when i click send and receive i get an error message "the operation failed".... but i can download from each of my email accounts individually via the tools>send/receive menu.. i've downloaded an update from the microsoft site but that hasn't solved the problem... anyone got any ideas how to fix this.. cheers, davlam added: now it appears i can't send emails....but all my email account settings are exactly the same as with outlook 2000, which worked fin...