Print Range not connected

I want to print a range that is A1:F100 and M1:Z100.  so basically i want to
print A1:Z100 but exclude columns G:L.  i tried range naming the A1:F100 and
M1:Z100 as print_range and the name works but i can't use print_range as a
print area in my print macro.

this non-contiguous range name does work in macros when i'm asking to open
and close it but not as a print range.
is there a solution?
tami

Why not set your print area as A1:Z100 and hide columns G:L while the sheet
is being printed? Your macro can then unhide them after printing.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"Tami" wrote:

> I want to print a range that is A1:F100 and M1:Z100.  so basically i want to
> print A1:Z100 but exclude columns G:L.  i tried range naming the A1:F100 and
> M1:Z100 as print_range and the name works but i can't use print_range as a
> print area in my print macro.
>
> this non-contiguous range name does work in macros when i'm asking to open
> and close it but not as a print range.
> is there a solution?
> tami

Connect 2 external exchange sites, to view calendars?
Hi there My company was recently taken over, and we want to set up some kind of connection so that both companies can send mail directly to each other and view each others calanders. Site 1: has exchange 2003, Active directory 2003 Site 2: has exchange 5.5 and NT4 domain I am wondering if we need to setup some kind of trust between the domains? The main aim is to view calendars. Is there is some kind of connector that will do the trick? I've been looking into GWART but if there is anyone out there that has experiece of setting up something similar, id be grateful if you can let me know ...

issues connecting to accounts / crfedit cards, all
All, i just bought this program MS money Standard today, and i feel i wasted my money big time. ive been trying to connect to my bank info for over 3 hours now and tried to contact to all my credit card pages and the page just sits on loading....up to 40% then i get cant get account info. please try again. someone please help me!!!!1 :( a very sad customer!!! Dear Mike, Have you gone to the MS web site and downloaded the updates for MS Money. My copy was slow too until I updated it. Also, check your bank's web site. Bank of America doesn't support interactive connections ...

Print code
Hello, I have a marco recorded to print a selection of sheets. The printer being used is on a network and not my default printer. When I create the code on my PC, it works fine, but as soon as another user tries to use the code from their PC it won't work. Code is attached below, when I tried to create the code on another PC, the section Ne04 in both lines is the only thing that changed. Is there a common statement that could make this work regardless of the PC from which I'm opening the file? Application.ActivePrinter = "\\mrafp1\MRA-ADMINCP1 on Ne04:" ...

Pics Print w/Greenish Hue & Fonts Altered
PROBLEM #1: Using Publisher 2003, I designed my new business cards. On the left hand side I inserted (not linked) a grayscale JPEG picture of myself which in Publisher was manually scaled to: 1.906" x 1.272"(original size: 600pixels by 899 pixels at 600dpi, 24bit). In all programs, except Publisher, the picture prints out great with excellent grayscale, but in Publisher it prints out with a greenish tone. I tried inserting different JPEGs of different resolutions and sizes, some full color, some grayscale, and Publisher continues to print out with a greenish tone on top of the...

How do I enter a date range ie -7 from current date in MS QUERY
I am creating an excel pivot table using external data. I want to include only records that are equal to current date and past 6 days. In otherwords, on any day that I run the pivot table I would bet current day + 6 days prior data. How would I setup the criteria and value cell. I can successfully specify a criteria field and in the value but = date(now()) and this works fine for current days data but I am having trouble using the > date(now()) - 7. Any suggestions? Thanks Hi Personally, I would use Today() rather than Now(), unless you are sensitive to the hour as well. I you...

printing not complete
publisher 2007, 8. X 11 doc, .5 in margin all edges, hp c7280. bottom of data at apprx 3/4 page. all data displays in print preview. print out stops apprx 2/3 page. why/how fix? Is your printer driver current? What version Windows do you use? XP http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3204785 Vista http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3204785 It is always best to completely remove a printer driver before installing/reinstalling. How to clean u...

Print invoices from batch s/b defaulting to originating currency
When printing invoices/documents from a sales batch, the screen defaults to functional currency (and to select originating you must arrow done) - it makes more sense to default to originating currency as most copies would want invoices in the currency selecting at time of billing. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based News...

macro to color top 10% in range
Hello. I'm using Excel X (VBA5) and trying write a macro which will change the interior cell color of those cells whose value is in the top ten percent of the selected range of cells. I was able to do this quite easily with conditional formatting using the percentile formula, but I want to be able to do it with a macro and explicit formatting. The below macro returns a "sub or function not defined" error when it gets to PERCENTILE: Sub NLFI_TopTenPercent() ' ' having selected the cells before running, ' first create range from selection ' Selection.Nam...

How can I print a chart worksheet on legal size paper?
In Office 2007, when trying to print an Excel Chart Worksheet on legal size paper, the image is alway cut off at 11". In the print preview, everything looks fine and if you place the same chart on a regular Excel Worksheet and size it to print on legal size paper, it prints fine. ...

connect string needs password
I need connect my database using DAO or ADO. I need help how to pass user ID and password to my database in order to connect. Can yyou please advise how to write connect string for password protected database? any way to password protect my VBA code? Your help is great appreciated, ...

How to select same ranges in multiple worksheets?
I have a workbook that consists of all the months. I want to select only certain ranges in each worksheet to change the cell format and text alignments. However, I have to do this on all twelve months, which gets to be a pain. Is there a way to select a certain range/ranges on one sheet and duplicate that selection on the rest of the worksheets throughout the workbook? Thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Eckaner, Select the sheets together (click the first ; hold control while clicking the other sheets) Then make your range selection and formatting etc. The chang...

Macro to Print all Invoices
I have an immediate need to print (Archive) all historical invoices. I can create the macro to pull up the invoices via Sales Inquiry, however, there are thousands of invoices to print, I need to somehow make this macro repeate until it reaches the end of the file (inquiry) Does anyone know how to do something like this? I have seen some postings about mail merge, however I am not sure how this would work in this type of situation. If it would, can someone explain. Thank you Krista, If you're on GP10, in Sales, click on the Receivables Transactions list. Filter the ...

Bank of America Direct Connect
I find it hard to believe that Money doesn't do a two direct connection with Bank of America, yet Quicken does. Even if Microsoft had to use the quicken file format to get this done, you'd think it would be worth it. In microsoft.public.money, Joe wrote: >I find it hard to believe that Money doesn't do a two >direct connection with Bank of America, yet Quicken >does. Even if Microsoft had to use the quicken file >format to get this done, you'd think it would be worth it. http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=&num=50&as_scoring=d&hl=en&ie=UT...

Printing the "account" activity... no details?
OK, I'm trying to find SOME way of printing out a detailed list of my recent account activities, and I am not having much luck... When I am on the account and I choose "Print", all I get is a two column list, with the "amount" differences and the new running total. No payee name? No check number? No category? No "reconciled" status? I tried to look for options here, but the only ones I could find were for choosing my printer/changing my paper size. Didn't notice any reports that would print out this information... How might I do this? (I am using Mone...

Printing from the ACCT REGISTER????
Anyway to select a few lines to a page or two from the acct register and print? Needing to show chk#/date/payee deposits/balances I am running win95a with mymoney v4.0a Cant seem to find any info in the HELP on the program about this or on any sites!!! TIA Dan :) The best way of doing this would be to create a report and print from there. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or e...

Flipping a printed chart?
I have an interesting problem, I have a few dozen graphs I'd like to print on transparent paper, the paper that I'm printing on is rougher on side than the other so I'd like to print on the (recommended) rough side but actually give the client the option to touch and view the graphs from the smooth side. This means that I need to flip the chart before I print it, can this been done in Excel? I can't seem to do it using any of the print drivers and it's to much work to start importing the graphs into some type of drawing software. If you have XP or later (2000 and 97 don&...

Attaching print area to a drawing object
Hello, I have created a border in Excel using the drawing toolbar. Now, I want the border to stay in place when rows & columns are adjusted, which it does. However, I also want Excel to always ONLY print the extents of that border, as opposed to the cells to which the print area is applied. So is there a way to tell Excel to print just the border and everything inside of it? I guess I'm asking, is it possible to attach a print area to a drawing object, and, if so, can you lock the print area to that object? Thanks!!!!! use a defined name to determine your print area insert>...

Calling up Print Menu with VBA
Using MS Excel 97: I'm about to send an excel file off to my boss, but before I do so, I'd like to add a Button that will print everything in the workbook. The VBA code to print everything is all set. My issue is as follows: I want to have the VBA code pull up the print menu (CTRL+P), and then let him select the printer he's hooked up to. So basically, I just need a way to call up the menu. Thanks in advance for any help you can give. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages direct...

How do you delete a named range?
How do you delete a named range? I've looked in Help, the Forum, can't find anything on deleting a named range. Thanks in advance. -- Peggy Duncan, Author Conquer Email Overload with Outlook http://www.PeggyDuncan.com From Help on "named ranges" Change or delete a defined name On the Insert menu, point to Name, and then click Define. In the Names in workbook list, click the name you want to change. Do one of the following: Change the name Type the new name for the reference, and then click Add. Click the original name, and then click Delete. Change the cell, for...

Document Connection for Office 2008 Home & Student
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi all, does anybody know, if the Document Connection which came with SP02 is also for the Home & Student Edition of Office 2008. Does it work for anybody? Many thanks! D. Hi, Document Connection also works with the Home & Student Edition. There is one drawback, though, as it only allows you to connect to Office Live workspaces; SharePoint is not supported with the Home & Student Edition. On 06/10/09 21:38, in article 59b7e021.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Deko@officeformac.com" <Deko@officefo...

Updt to 2007-business cards are rolling in print process
I just updated to Microsoft 2007. I print my business cards on Publisher and with the new program, the printing rolls several lines with each sucessive card, causing only 1 card out of ten to be usable. In addition, the far left line of cards margins have changed. How do I fix? Use one of the Avery USLetter business card page setups. They work... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jane-YWCA" <Jane-YWCA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:998BD808-C1C0-4B7D-ACD1-E6053C6DFAEF@microsoft.c...

Connect two new entitys
Hi, I guess I missed something |-) What I want to do: I want create a new entity (it should be a list) where a second entity (a paramter) can be selected as a lookup (n:1) within the first entity it should be also able to select the account or contact as one attribute (lookup) What I did till now: I created two entitys, created a relationship What do I have to do so that a value b from the entity B is available in a lookup field within entity table a. I really would like to understand this :-) So I am happy for any link or any help best regards HI, After creating the relationship ha...

Avery Template 5160-Text in label does not line up when printed
I typed up the labels using Publisher 2000 SR1. I have an HP Inkjet printer. I have a template in the package of labels and the text lines up perfectly. When I print it onto the actual labels, it does not line up. Publisher 2000 user here. You might want to get the other SRs, Office 2000 updates at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/CD010699551033.aspx?ofcresset=1 On your label printing problem, when you select File Print Select the Page Options button, then the Custom Options button and verify the Margins and Gaps are correct for you card stock. If you ...

email service connection
I just got XP and I am trying to connect my internet service with outlook express. My ISP is netzero. Can someone please give me a step by step? Contact Netzero. We don't know. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Angelo Nelson asked: | I just got XP and I am trying to connect my internet | service with outlook express. My ISP is netzero. Can | ...

Outlook 2007 RPC/HTTP can not logon/connect to server
I have a beautiful installation of Window7, with an equally beautiful installation of Office 2007. All the beauty is darnished for my client by being unable to use Outlook Anywhere (RPC/HHTP) to collect email when he is working out of the office. We have 40 users on the SBS 2003 server, and 10 of them use RPC/HTTP to retreive their email without a problem. Unfortunately all other users are using Outlook 2003, so I am blaming Outlook 2007. We are not using self signed SSL certs. The profile is set correctly to collect the RPC/HTTP email, and the logon appears but it will ...