Place Date in One column when entry is made in another column.

Column J cells of my spreadsheet will contain cash contributions made by
certain individuals.  When a dollar value is entered in cell J5, I would like
to have the date of the entry automatically entered in cell k5.

Am unable to figure our a function to handle this.  Any help is appreciated.

JT

See this:

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"JT" <JT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Column J cells of my spreadsheet will contain cash contributions made by
> certain individuals.  When a dollar value is entered in cell J5, I would
> like
> to have the date of the entry automatically entered in cell k5.
>
> Am unable to figure our a function to handle this.  Any help is
> appreciated.
>
> JT

    On Error GoTo enditall
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    If Target.Cells.Column = 10 Then
        n = Target.Row
        If Me.Range("J" & n).Value <> "" Then
            Me.Range("K" & n).Value = Format(Date, "mm-dd-yyyy")
        End If
    End If
enditall:
    Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

This is sheet event ocde.  Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code"

Copy/paste into that sheet module.

Alt + q to return to Excel.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 10:13:01 -0800, JT <JT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Column J cells of my spreadsheet will contain cash contributions made by
>certain individuals.  When a dollar value is entered in cell J5, I would like
>to have the date of the entry automatically entered in cell k5.
>
>Am unable to figure our a function to handle this.  Any help is appreciated.
>
>JT

0
Gord
12/16/2009 7:44:23 PM
Here's another option; right-click the tab and paste this code into the
window that opens:

If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("$A$1:$b$400")) Is Nothing Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
With Worksheets("Sheet2")
    .Select
    .Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Select
    ActiveCell.Value = Target.Address
    ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Select
    ActiveCell.Value = Target.Value
    ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Select
    ActiveCell.Value = Now()
    ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "mm/dd/yy"
    ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Select
    ActiveCell.Value = InputBox("You've made a change to the Rates tab.
Please enter your name here for historical purposes.")
    Application.EnableEvents = True
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End With
End If
End Sub

--
Ryan---

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
>     On Error GoTo enditall
>     Application.EnableEvents = False
>     If Target.Cells.Column = 10 Then
>         n = Target.Row
>         If Me.Range("J" & n).Value <> "" Then
>             Me.Range("K" & n).Value = Format(Date, "mm-dd-yyyy")
>         End If
>     End If
> enditall:
>     Application.EnableEvents = True
> End Sub
>
> This is sheet event ocde.  Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code"
>
> Copy/paste into that sheet module.
>
> Alt + q to return to Excel.
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 10:13:01 -0800, JT <JT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Column J cells of my spreadsheet will contain cash contributions made by
> >certain individuals.  When a dollar value is entered in cell J5, I would like
> >to have the date of the entry automatically entered in cell k5.
> >
> >Am unable to figure our a function to handle this.  Any help is appreciated.
> >
> >JT
>
> .

update column

Oldest date for Duplicate Cust. #

OWA jumping mouse

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

Dates #9

Qrp Date functions

Receiving Transaction Entry #2

date tracking

Short time vs short date

Date Calculation

date modified

Date function quit working

Date format 04-11-06

WLM transfer to another computer
Hi, I finally moved from Windows 7 RTM to Win7 Pro 64. I did it by installing the new OS on a brand new hard drive, then installed my old hard drive in a 2.5" external enclosure. I've been successful in moving most of my files and settings over, but WLM is the exception. Can someone help answer these questions for me: 1. Where are the actual mail files stored? 2. Where is the account login info stored? 3. In Outlook and OE installing on a new computer, even after moving files, prompted for a full redownload off of the POP server. Anyway to avoid this? Is ther...