Pivot Table Wizard causes crash

Hello,

I'm using Excel 2003(11.8316.8221) SP3

When I use the Pivot Table Wizard and press the "back" button to redefine
the range of data. Excel crashes. I've tried with no other files open. I can
use the wizard to create now pivot tables, but not redefine this existing PT.

The file is about 1 meg.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Just after posting this I found a reference to the problem being the result
of having "frozen windows" on the sheet with the PT. I "unfroze" the windows
and everything works just fine.

Mike

"mike in texas" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using Excel 2003(11.8316.8221) SP3
>
> When I use the Pivot Table Wizard and press the "back" button to redefine
> the range of data. Excel crashes. I've tried with no other files open. I can
> use the wizard to create now pivot tables, but not redefine this existing PT.
>
> The file is about 1 meg.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Mike

What is causing this?
My husband has Windows XP Home with Outlook Express. For some time now, Outlook Express has been automatically adding email addresses to his address book from everyone including spammers. I have checked the settings and they are no different than on my computer and mine works as it should. I have scanned for visurs, spyware, and malware but haven't found anything. What is causing this and how do I correct it? Tools | Options | Send. Uncheck: "Automatically put people I reply to..............". -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Be...

crash word & update
The context : word on Ibook OS 10.2.6. Since two weeks, Word crashes=20 anytime I want to save a file I'm working on. First thing I tried : = clean=20 the disk and the library by means of Onyx. Nothing has changed, so I=20 tried to upgrade the Office package, but the upgrade doesn't work :=20 error 11002 : 2, -15. Does anyone know how can I solve these problems? thanks a lot fred Remove and re-install Office X. Insert the Office X CD, then open the Value Pack. Click the Value Pack Installer. Check "Remove Office", then click "Continue". Run the "Remove Offi...

Pivot chart: get rid of zeroes?
Hi, I have created a pivot chart using a pivot table. However I want the zeroes to be NULLs so they are displayed on the graph. Unfortunately I cannot see how to do this; could someone please help? I have tried the Table Option checkboxes in the bottom right corner to no avail. Thanks Sorry, that should read NOT displayed on graphs "Phil Davy" wrote: > Hi, > > I have created a pivot chart using a pivot table. > > However I want the zeroes to be NULLs so they are displayed on the graph. > > Unfortunately I cannot see how to do this; could someone p...

Link Tables in Report Writer
Hi everyone, Im working with Report Writer in GP10 I read David articles and they are interesting but my question is: for exemple I want to add the "expiration date" to the "POP Receivings Posting journal" report let's assume I found the table containing the "expiration date" how do I get to it when creating table relationships Im new with GP and Im having difficulties what tables to link to get the final table. I really tried everything to figure it out but I didn't succeed I hope I was clear explaning this. thank you guys in advance It sounds li...

format changes on pivot table although preserve formatting is che.
Post the question the body of the message, subject lines get truncated -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Aannd" <Aannd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:282F34F1-42CA-4F0A-8A62-A71C64E30741@microsoft.com... > ...

Managing Data Table
Hi, I need help to wrap the tex in Data Table. If any one knows how to do it, please let me know. Thanks for your help in advance. Yogesh Hi Yogesh What version of PowerPoint are you using? What kind of table is it and how did it get there (e.g. insert -> table, or a table connected with a graph)? If it's a graph, is it an Excel graph or an MSGraph graph? Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "Yogesh" <Yogesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F68FDA89-6289-4341-8886-54C580...

Rules Wizard #20
I'm getting flooded with spam! The exchange server is filtering out some of the attachments but I'm still getting the email, all with the same thing in common, an attachment titled "Untitled Attachment". I tried to set up a rule that would apply to all emails with "Untitled Attachment", but it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know how to set this up in Outlook 2000? You should be able to set up a Rule that searchs the message heade for the word 'Untitled' and do something with from there. If all els fails, filter out the country code should catch it...

Can I make a table flow like a text box story?
Does anyone know of a way to allow a table to act similar text block story. I would like to snake a long data table into two columns over several pages. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, This is not at all possible. A Table will not move across pages. -- Thanks -- It would be a great feature -- but I couldn't find a way to do it either. BTW -- neither PM or Quark allow this either. >-----Original Message----- >This is not at all possible. > >A Table will not move across pages. > >-- > > >. > You can create a work around for this problem by...

MS Access Table missing
Guys, I'm looking at a database (Access2003) someone sent me and I see a Query, something like SELECT * FROM [Table 1] The problem is that there is no [Table 1] in table list, query list. In fact, there is no such object with the structure that I see when I open that original Query a=in design mode. The query opens and shows data.... Any thoughts? Few more observations: looks like this DB was converted before with errors; thiis DB uses linked tables Thanks! Dima. Assuming that this isn't a split database (do any forms show up?) with the tables in a separate...

Adding Index to RMSHeadquarters tables
I have a custom SQL script that reads the PurchaseOrder and PurchaseOrderEntry tables from the RMS Headquarters database. It does a join using StoreID and PurchaseOrderID. However, it does not appear that there is an index on these fields in Headquarters, so my query takes a long time. I would like to add indexes to these tables, which should speed up my query. What are the potential pitfalls of adding a custom index to an RMS table? Will the Reindex in Headquarters Administrator include that custom index when it does it's thing? -- Bill Yater Blue Horseshoe Solutions ...

Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010 crashes when downloading email
I have tried everything to try and figure out why Outlook is crashing. I ran sfc, I reinstalled XP SP3, IE 8, Outlook 2007 and as a last try installed Outlook 2010. I tried new email profiles and I ran a full scan with Microsoft Security Essentials and Malaware but nothing! This thing is driving me crazy! I don't want to do a reinstall of XP as I would rather spend the time on Windows 7 in a few months down the road when I spec out some hardware. Is there anything left to try???? What's logged to the Event Viewer about this? Also see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/...

Creating a table into another Access database
Is there a VBA command or SQL statement for me to run a Make Table Query to create a table in another Access database? I would like to distribute several access databases to different groups with tables populated with data specific to the group. I don't want to create the tables in the main database and transfer the table, because there's many tables and it would probalby exceed the 2gb limit of MS Access. SELECT * FROM INTO [;Database=C:\Folder\File.mdb].Table1 FROM MyTable -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "anon" ...

Publisher XP
Publisher XP - keeps crashing we have some workstations running Windows XP Service Pack 2, with Office XP and publisher XP. Outlook is version 2003. Lastest service packs for Publisher appear to be applied, Office 2003 (outlook part) is running service pack 1 (not 2) From time to time, publisher is crashing and we get the error reporting screen that allows us to restart publisher. It seems to appear most when working with the clipart module and searching for clipart, and after closing the clipart search screen. I believe that it is also crashing when just got documents open, but it...

which table Picklist integer value stored?
Hi there, Which database table pick list interger values stored? thanks Kyaw this query will list all the pick list integervalues and attribute name select AttributeName,AttributeValue,Value from StringMap // for account WHERE (StringMap.ObjectTypeCode=1) //for contact WHERE (StringMap.ObjectTypeCode=2) attributename will tell u about the name of the picklist attribute value is the intigers and values are what u can see on the form i think this will help u ...

Pre-configuring Pivot table "views"
I need to create several different pivot tables from the same set of data. However, I need to keep switching between the different tables and it quickly becomes a cumbersome process selecting different rows, columns, and sigma values, each time I want to look at a certain pivot table. I know I can create different pivot tables and put them in seperate sheets instead of dynamically updating the same pivot table to get the data I want. I was wondering if there was a way I could preconfigure all these tables and simply "select" one of the "views" so I wouldn't ...

Data format in pivot table
I am running a Pivot table on some swim data. Even though the data is formatted the same way "mm:ss.00", the fraction of the second is not showing up or is not part of the numbers in the Pivot table. Pivot table data Back 25 Breast 25 Fly 25 00:31.00 00:27.00 00:28.00 00:31.00 00:33.00 00:31.00 00:36.00 00:31.00 00:27.00 00:28.00 00:23.00 00:25.00 00:24.00 Data the Pivot table is based on 7 CMSA-SE 00:21.87 00:21.49 6 BMAC-SE 00:22.95 00:21.91 7 BMAC-SE 00:23.13 00:22.16 6 BMAC-SE 00:27.97 00:22.63 8 BMAC-SE 00:21.07 00:22.70 7 UN-SE 00:00.00 00:22.94 6 CMSA-SE 00:26.36 00...

Microsoft Publisher Wizard
can i downalod Microsoft Publisher Wizard without the installation CD? bigbumsm wrote: > can i downalod Microsoft Publisher Wizard without the installation CD? No. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org/ ...

Data type on import wizard not active
Hi there, Hopefully, someone can help me with this. I'm using the importing an excel 2003 into access 2003. Using the import wizard to import the excel 2003 spreadsheet. everything is fine until i get to the field options: dialog box. The Data type drop down isn't active. What can i do to make this drop down option active. Thanks for your help This is a known issue for ACCESS 2002 SP3. This issue is described in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;875252 There is a Hotfix available for ACCESS 2002 from Microsoft Technical Support for this problem. Descr...

Clicking Macros or Visual Basic Editor crashes Outlook
Hello, I am running Office 2003 on a HP computer with Windows Media Center XP. Every time I click on Tools/Macro/Macros, or Tools/Macro/Visual Basic Editor; Outlook completely crashes. There is no specific error message, and the contents of the data file that is sent to Microsoft will not copy to a text file so I can post it for help. I can click Tools/Macro/Security option just fine. I have the security set to Medium. The same options in Word and Excel work fine, bringing up the Visual Basic editor and a Macro list. I have tried "Detect and Repair" and it tells me ever...

Table Sort/Filter
Table A User ParameterA ParameterB ParameterC ParameterD ParameterE Jim x x x John x x x Dave x Henry x Jim x John x Dave x Henry x Table B User ParameterA ParameterB ParameterC ParameterD ParameterE Dave x x Henry x x Jim x x x x John x x x x How can I transform table A into Table B, see my earlier post for attachment, (there are no viruses or macros attached to it). I basically want to remove duplicate user names, but preserve and combine the parameter fields. Any hel...

Outlook 2003 Crashes @Send/Receive (outex.dll)
Hi, i've got the problem that Outlook 2k3 crashes suddenly during receiving and sending mails from an exchange server. Outlook says that it encountered an error and wants me to send a report to MS. EventViewer shows the entry that the error occurred in outex.dll. this *.dll is responsible for the "Out Of Office" Add-In. i've got every ServicePack installed (1,2,3) i need to keep the old *.pst and archive folder What i've done: - tried the repair function of office - useless - tried reinstalling, seemed to work. installed the service packs -> crashed again (same Lo...

Corrupted attachments cause out of space error
I hope this is the right place to ask this: We are having a problem with attachments to emails becoming corrupted as shown in the example below. The error message is "552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation" however we have confirmed through multiple tests that ample storage is available at the mailbox level and the the server level (disk space). The garbage characters appear to be the attachment and they appear in the error message that is returned to the sender. My speculation is that the body of the email and the attachment somehow are corrupted and in t...

Pivot If functions in formulas
I am trying to use the If function in the formulas area and it never works right, I only want it to sum certain records in a particular date range. I am using excell 2000. ...

Increase data type size in GP table?
I don't know whether this is supported or not, but we're planning to roll out the HR module on GP9, and one of the fields that is missing for job applicants is an email address. We'd like to use an extra field to hold this data, but the field length is too short to adequately contain that information. I'm wondering if I can change the length defined in the SQL table structure for that particular column, or, if doing so will likely mess up something else (stored procedures, mappings, etc.). Any thoughts? Thanks in advance! Technically, yes. However, if you do that, you...

Word crashes when I paste from other documents
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Every time I try to paste anything into Word, it crashes - gives me the spinning ball and I have to force it to quit. <br> It happens on other simple operations too (writing for instance), but paste makes a crash every time. <br> I did some google, and tried to repair permissions, delete a lot of preference-files, examined my fonts for problems - even deleted normal.dotm. Nothing works! One thing you don't specify & don't mention having done: Make sure both Office (12.2.3) and OS X (...