Pivot Table-Running Total

Hello,
I have created a Project Finance Reporting Tool, which is based on Pivot
Table. The Source data has several fields in addition to the ones below. I
can create a running total in Excel (thats no problem) but I am unable to
apply the same cell reference formula to achieve the same result in the Pivot
Table Formula . The problem is Running Totals available in Pivot Table is not
giving me the desired result.

Column A = Cash-In
Column B = Cash Out
Coulmc C = Runing Balance

Any Help is greatly appreciated

Rushdhi

Multi Table Queries
At my job, I use enter data through generated queries. However it appears that I can only ENTER data in a query when it is based on two tables. If it is three or more, it doesn't let me enter any info. Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? -Pete Pete wrote: >At my job, I use enter data through generated queries. However it appears >that I can only ENTER data in a query when it is based on two tables. If it >is three or more, it doesn't let me enter any info. > >Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? Yes, that's common. You should only edit data ...

Unique records in Pivot Tables
Excel 2000 I have data that stores Client Invitation to Tender and Supplier Contract details. Each Client ITT is uniquely identified. However we send out the same ITT to many suppliers so each request for service is given the same identifier, eg Reference Client/Supplier Contract Name Value Status AC/001 Client blah 4,000 pend AC/002 Client blah2 5,000 pend AS/001 Supplier blah3 3,000 pend AS/001 Supplier blah3 3,000 pend When I create my table by Client to get the total value pending ...

how can I get the total hrs of a delay when it is greater than 24
I work for an airline and sometimes I need to know the total hours of a delay, and when the delay is greater than 24 hours. In my report I hav something like this: arrival time in colum A departure time colum B result in colum C 10/23/09 21:00 10/24/09 23:00 2:00 and really the delay was of 26 hours. How can I obtain this? I already set up my Tools-Options-Canculation to 1904 date system Format Custom as [h]:mm No need to use 1904 date system -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "El Ixmahana" <ElIxmahana...

Employee Master Table error after V10 SP3
i have updated V10 to SP3, from SP1, and all seems to be fine except if I try to access the employee master table. Either from cards>payroll>Employee, or payroll transaction entry. Anytime I need to do a lookup on an employee id. Here is the message: A Get Change operation on table UPR_MSTR failed accessing SQL Data If I go to the more information or details button: [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQLServer] Invalid column name 'EMPLSUFF' [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQLServer] Invalid column name 'Dex_Row_TS' -- Doug It looks like an upgrade script failed...

How to disable BCC field in Outlook 2003 clients running on Exchange 2003 ?
How to disable BCC field in Outlook 2003 clients running on Exchange 2003 ? (make BCC field unvalible) In news:u6NrOZiyFHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl, RikS <riks.tw@yahoo.com.tw> typed: > How to disable BCC field in Outlook 2003 clients running on Exchange > 2003 ? (make BCC field unvalible) Don't know how you'd do this offhand, but I wouldn't. If users are misusing BCC, educate them, and make this an HR issue. It really isn't a technical one. HI Riks go to new mail over there on toolbar u will be getting option in that opti...

Pivot table novice
As a teacher we tried a new data analysis tool this year in my school which worked really well... except for the fact that it meant manually filling in a table. I'm sure there must be a more efficient electronic way of doing it, but I'm not really an expert on these things. I want to be able to put in a list of data: pupils names with scores from two consecutive tests. Then I want to produce a table with test 1 and test 2 as the headers, and pupils' initials appearing in the relevant box. I have managed to create a Pivot Table to show what I want, except of course, it total...

Pivot Chart: Stop skipping Dates on X-Axis
I have a pivot chart which pulls 2 pieces of information from one table 1 and 1 from Table 2. All three entries are included for each day. Except somedays which may have only the one piece of data from Table 2 or none at all. How do I get the table to automatically fill in all the days whether they have information or not? =?Utf-8?B?UHJpbmNl?= <Prince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:A5EF53AB-6063-434F-BFC3-43259301751D@microsoft.com: > I have a pivot chart which pulls 2 pieces of information from one > table 1 and 1 from Table 2. All three entries are included for &...

screen freeze after long time running
Hi I have a program written in Microsoft Visual C++ .NET . Its interface is based on CFormView. It includes three tabs to show information and plots. The plots are made by BitBlt() which copies data from the vectors to the screen around every 5 minutes. The problem is that after the program runs continuously for more than 3 days the screen freezes. Nothing is updated. I have to minimize the window and it may return to normal look. Some static labels on the interface also freeze or appear strange look. Does anyone have similar experience ? Thank you for your hints or suggestions! <e...

Help to build a table
Please help me to build a table similar to this one The number on the first column will change after 16 times, it will go in sequence from 1001, 1002, etc… The number in the second column will change after 4 times and it will go from 1 to 4 The number in the 3rd column will go from 1 to 4 2nd and 3rd column will keep the same pattern. Cabinet Shelf Location 1001 1 1 1001 1 2 1001 1 3 1001 1 4 1001 2 1 1001 2 2 1001 2 3 1001 2 4 1001 3 1 1001 3 2 1001 3 3 1001 3 4 1001 4 1 1001 4 2 1001 4 3 1001 4 4 1002 1 1 1002 1 2 1002 1 3 1002 1 4 1002 2 1 1002 2 2 1002 2...

Pivot charts formatting
Hi, I want to change the formatting imposed by default in a pivot chart and I want that changed formatting to be retained permanently. For example, for my bar chart, for the different series I have selected colours / patterns but every time I refresh the pivot table / chart; excel falls back to its own colour coding. Any way to get around this? Many thanks in anticipation. Not directly. The only way to simulate this is to record a macro of the formatting changes that you make and then set it up to run whenever the PivotChart calculates. Assuming your pivot chart is on a seperate shee...

Combining Pivot Tables
Hi All, I have a data set of around 100,000 rows which I have imported into excel in two sheets (~50,000 rows each). The data is not in a format that excel can easily parse into a pivot table directly from the source - it requires some formulae in excel to be able to use a pivot table. I have used a pivot table on each of those sheets to summarise the data, and that works fine. However, I would like to be able to get a single summary pivot table from the two sheets (or from the two pivot tables). Is that possible, and if so, how do I go about it? Thanks, Alan. "Alan" <...

Unhandled database exception: A get/change operation on table 'Bat
During Edit Checks, we get the following message: Unhandled database exception: A get/change operation on table 'Batch_Headers' could not find a record. Then we get this message: This transaction was recovered during normal processing. You may continue processing this transaction. Any suggestions? You might want to run Check Links on payables. Before doing this, make sure you have a backup of your dynamics and company databases. Brenner -- www.KlenzmanConsulting.com "GPI" wrote: > During Edit Checks, we get the following message: > > Unhandled databas...

Grand Substraction instead of Grand Total in pivot table
Hello, I created a pivot table in Excel with Visual Report 2007. I'm using an Outline Code with 2 leaves : Receipts and Expenses. The pivot table created automatically a Grand Total so that $1000 Receipts and $800 Expenses => Grand Total = $1800. My accountant says $200. Generally, it's possible to create calculated fields in the Excel pivot tables. But in the pivot table created by the Visual Reprot, all the Calculated Field options are greyed out. Why ? Thanks for any help I don't know what visual report is, but suspect that it would be more a question for them not Excel a...

conditional running sum
Is it possible to have a conditional running sum in access. I have found for Excel but no details for access 2007. I would like to have in a report or query that will have a weekly grouping. I have a query that has calculations in it and that will be by source. I have the following sample fields: Date Adbn% 01/01/09 (Mon) 5% 01/02/09 (Tues) 6% 01/03/09 (Wed) 9% 01/04/09 (Thurs) 6% 01/05/09 (Fri) 8% I need it to end up with the following: Date Abdn% 01/01/09 5% 01/02/09 5.5% Avg of Mon&Tues 01/03/09 6.6% Avg Mon...

Conditional text field Total
Hi, In the detail section of a report I have a text box that based on a condition, it will be either a 0 or a 1. I want to total the control at the end of the report. I did this in another report a couple of years ago but it is not working now. In the previous report, the ControlSource of the total is = [TextBoxNameFromDetailSection] and it sums correctly. What am I doing wrong?? Thanks. Leah -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/201001/1 Thanks but I see what was missing - "running sum over ...

Report to show totals for each day of month
Greetings, I have an Excel spreadsheet that I use to capture: Column A) Day of the month (1-May, 2-May, etc.) Column B) How many clients were in residence on each day (Occupancy) Column C) Total Capacity (27) Column D) Shows a "1" if the Occupancy is 90% or more of the Total Capacity, else "0" The Totals row shows: Column B) The average Occupancy for the month Column D) Totals the times there is a "1" in Column D Is there a way for me to capture this data in a Report? I've got a query set up that uses these expressions: For AdmitDate: <=[Dat...

Grand total in report footer?
In doing a report, can you perform a grand subtotal of records by a category? For example if you have 50 records of people who served in the military and 1 field categorizes them by Soldier, Sailor, Marine or Airmen (But you do not want to sort by this field). Can a grand total be created in the report footer that shows me how many are in each category? -- Rose So you want to provide *another* summary of the data at the end of the report? Use a subreport in the Report Footer section. The subreport's Record Source will be a query that groups and counts as desired. It's all v...

Running File Based Anti-Virus software on an Exchange server
We have an Server 2003/Exchange 2003 box for mail processing only. We also run on that machine a file-based antivirus solution to protect the non-mail directories from virus'. I recently read that microsoft does nto recommend doing this. We don't exclude any directories at this point, though I am considering excluding the mail/iis directories from scanning. I couldn't find anything on Microsoft's site about this. Any one hear of this or have experience with this? Thanx! This link explains what to exclude: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823166&a...

annotated schema and bulk loading into multiple tables...
Hi guys, I'm trying to get XML data loaded into a set of tables using bulk load. The child tables also have an XML column where I want to store portions of the XML. So far the I've got it correctly inserting data into the parent, and able to insert the correct amount of rows in the child tables, but the data in the child tables is empty... The child data is an identity column, a foreign key pointing back to the parent row (empty!), and an XML data column holding the contents of the xml fragment (also empty!). Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. Daniel. Below is ...

Run script from Entity Toolbar Custom Button
I have added a button to the Opportunity Entity toolbar and what I'd like to do is get it to run the change event script on one of the fields on the Opportunity form. I can't seem to get this to work using: JavaScript="crmForm.all.fieldname.FireOnChange();" Presumably this is because crmForm isn't the Opportunity form. Is there any other way I can do this? -- CB ...

Help! Blue screen ! Windows XP only run in safe Mode !
WindowsXP SP2 cannot run in normal mode , It become blue screen after a minute or later, Now It can only run in Safe Mode ! I get some Dump files and blue screen viewer (file attached) , Can anyone help ! *(Sorry for my poor English !)* +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Dump.rar | |Download: http://forums.techarena.in/attachment.php?attachmentid=10556| +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- kwanami --------------------------------------------...

how to delete/archive huge data from a table without much issues!
Have a table which sales data from the year 2000. The Database doesn't seem to have any archival mechanism as of now. Now the mgmt feels they don't need data beyond last 'n' years. So delete all those data which is beyond 'n' years is a huge process as i feel it would fill up the transaction log. What would be the best way to approach this problem. Regards Pradeep On 2010-06-18 2:51, SqlBeginner wrote: > Have a table which sales data from the year 2000. The Database doesn't seem > to have any archival mechanism as of now. Now the mgmt feels...

PIVOT TABLE ALL option
Is there any way to remove the "All" option that comes in the page fields in a pivot table?? Nope... All is there to stay... -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Aman" wrote: > Is there any way to remove the "All" option that comes in the page > fields in a pivot table?? > As Jim said, you can't remove the "All" option in the page field. With programming, you could select another item if the user selects "All". For example, the following code is stored on the worksheet's code module: Right-click the sheet tab, and choose Vi...

Running Sum 01-16-08
I'vee seen alot on reports and running sums, and created a report with a running sum, but I really need a query, as I have to use this data elsewhere. Data looks like: Cust PG Day Count Amt Running Sum 50418 125 1 162 162 50418 125 7 234 496 50418 125 14 486 982 I know this is easy, and thanks in advance for your help. You need a field which uniquely defines the ordering of the ru...