Need to separate multiple numbers in one cell

I have multiple number in one cell and i need to somehow put each number into one separate cell for each number:

I have :
      column A
row1   2 5 8 10

I want:
      column B  column C  column D  column E
row1     2          5        8          10

How do I do it on Excel 2007?

thanks

Map Stored Procedure Output To Class Properties
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/2853a1aa-5db7-40d0-9cde-46847fa770ef/map-stored-procedure-outp.aspx
0
sierra

Hi,

Use Data > Text to columns and specify the delimiter as space

--
Regards,

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"sierra spiegel" wrote in message
> I have multiple number in one cell and i need to somehow put each number
> into one separate cell for each number:
>
> I have :
>      column A
> row1   2 5 8 10
>
> I want:
>      column B  column C  column D  column E
> row1     2          5        8          10
>

> How do I do it on Excel 2007?
>
> thanks

> Map Stored Procedure Output To Class Properties
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/2853a1aa-5db7-40d0-9cde-46847fa770ef/map-stored-procedure-outp.aspx

0
Ashish

display content of merged cells
How can I display the content of merged cells in the adiacent empty cells? e.g. if I put some long unwrapped text in A1 I can see it in A2 and A3,as long as they are empty; but if I merge A1 and A2 i cannot see anymore the extra text in A3 even if empty. Thank you for any help! Luca Sounds like another good reason for not merging cells. The archives of this group have countless other reasons. -- David Biddulph LucaRR wrote: > How can I display the content of merged cells in the adiacent empty > cells? e.g. if I put some long unwrapped text in A1 I can see it in > ...

Sales person Number
An alphanumeric salesperson number was created. the SOP was created and posted, I am running a Crystal Report and using the field from SOP30200.SLPRSNID, where a message is saying, 'the string is non-numeric'. If it is because of that new number why did it post? GP's salesperson ID field is in fact alphanumeric, which means it does not post any restrictions on when you set up a salesperson. This error is a Crystal error and it is referring to a certain operation you are trying to perform on the field -- typically a mathematical operation. Please review any calculation or co...

Convert Column Letters to Number
Hi! I'm looking for a function to convert a "large" column letters (up t 10 characters) to it's equivalent in number. e.g. Input=A Output=1 Input=AAA Output=703 Input=EXCEL Output=2,708,874 Any suggestions? Regards -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Here's a VBA function that gives the results you want: Option Explicit Function ColumnToNumber(sText As String) As Variant Dim Bytes() As Byte Dim Letter As Long Dim Multiplier As Double Dim N As Double Dim Total As Double ColumnToNumber = CVErr(xlErrValue) If L...

Any one know what I should do to get this fixed?
Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9548 Date: 5/16/2006 Time: 5:01:07 PM User: N/A Computer: NORDICS1 Description: Disabled user /o=NORDICAIR/ou=first administrative group/cn=Recipients/cn=sskinner does not have a master account SID. Please use Active Directory MMC to set an active account as this user's master account. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. Assign "Self" to the account. Nue "Steve MCSE MCV A+ NET+" <stvnchrs@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:E6OdnUIqtO...

looking for a calendar template that I can import multiple dates
I can not figure out how to create a calendar in access so I would like to find a Monthly view calendar that I can import multiple dates with multiple people for excel. I must be able to import dates and sort them various ways. I don't want to have to enter data manually. Does anyone know of one that works with my needs? ...

Sorting with merged cells in the worksheet
I've got a spreadsheet which has a section (A24:J42) that has six columns. Columns B-F have been merged in this data section, but not so in A1:J23. When I try sorting the data section I am only presented with columns (as a whole) to sort. Obviously, I'm getting the message "merged cells must be identical size". I've looked through past postings about this, and done some Internet searching, and the best I can find is how to unmerge the merged cells and the sort will work. Yup! It works just fine, but the problem is my data section in columns B-F contain...

Linking axes scale values to cells
For almost any type of chart the auto scale functions work fine. For OHLC stock charts however the auto scale always sets the minimum scale value to zero. If plotting a high priced stock, the chart is compressed into a small area at the top of the chart rendering it useless. If fixed values are used they must be constently reset as the stock price changes in order to avoid having the bars walk off the chart area. I can search the data with MAX(range) and MIN(range) in order to pick out the upper and lower limits dynamically. IS THERE ANY WAY TO LINK THE AXES SCALE VALUES TO THE CELL...

Can Excel email someone when a cell goes + or
So sort of like Conditional formatting where it changes colour - instead it adds rules to send an automatic email... Is this reaching for the stars? Start here Reload Internet http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/change.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Reload Internet" <Reload Internet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:489C49F6-1F69-42FF-BFD9-0986EE9D4AA8@microsoft.com... > So sort of like Conditional formatting where it changes colour - instead it > adds rules to send an automatic email... Is this reaching for the stars? I bet VBA...

delete cell that doesn't contain a specific word
I'm trying to delete a cell in excel if the content of the cell doesn't have a specific word. For example if I only wanted cells if it contained the word 'John' in it. Then the cell: I love excel - would be deleted but the cell: I love excel more than John - would not be deleted. I'm sure it's probably a simple solution but I'm not really sure how to do this. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Try this on a spare copy of the sheet Assuming the text cells are all in col A Select the range, then do a Data > Filter > Autofilter In the autofilter dr...

Open Forum Multiple Criteria
Hello, First off, I'd like to thank you all for assisting me in this matter. I'm atrying ot open a forum from another form with multiple matching criteria. Here is the code I have thus far... stLinkCriteria = "[WO_ID]=" & "'" & Me![ID] & "' And [WO_CorpID]=" & "'" & Me![CORP_ID] & "' And [WO_ImportAcct]=" & "'" & Me![ACCT] & """" When I click Open form, it says Microsoft Office Access can't find the field 'ACCT' referred to in yo...

Need Help with #N/A in equation
I have a set equation that needs to be run on about a thousand different entries. A simplified version of the equation would be =A+B+C-D. The only problem is, "B" is only found in some of the entries. So for the majority of the times the equation is run for the different entries, it works, but when "B" is nonexistent, the equation returns a #N/A value. Is there anyway I can keep the set equation but make it work when B does not exist? -- mkerstei ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mkerstei's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com...

adding 1 to each following cells with a prefix
How do I automate the editing in situation such as the column content below. M001 M002 M003 There is prefix M00 but the cells of the rest is plus one from the first. If it's just numbers, I know =A1 + 1 and copy-and-paste would do it but it won't work with a prefix. Thanks for the help, Put M001 in your first cell, select that cell and then click on the small black square in the bottom right corner of that cell's border and drag it down as far as you want... Excel will automatically increment the number part for you. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "cpliu" <spamfreeli...

Multiple definition of element in xs:choice element
Hajo, I know only one way of forcing element to have one or more childes: <xs:element name="saleOrSupplyMethod"> <BR/> <xs:complexType> <xs:choice> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="generalSale" type="emptyTagType" /> <xs:element name="prescription" type="emptyTagType"/> <xs:element name="retailSale" type="emptyTagType" /> </xs:sequence> <xs:sequence> <xs:el...

I need a template that could help me create a legal gaurdian doc.
I need to create a legal gaurdian document. Can't find one on Micrsoft Melinda wrote: > I need to create a legal gaurdian document. Can't find one on Micrsoft Try this. http://www.ammachi.com/tours/amma-tours/images/templegalguardian_form.pdf Frank Contact a lawyer if you really care about it not being broken. Mike Melinda wrote: > I need to create a legal gaurdian document. Can't find one on Micrsoft ...

Is 'system attendant' needed for OWA 2000 ?
I am following info below to secure my OWA server. System attendant is not listed. Do I need System Attendant 'running' on OWA 2000 ? Since the role of this server is to only support Web-based e-mail, many of the Exchange services installed by the default configuration can be disabled. The table shows the services that are configured in the OWA Front-end Server Policy. Table 3.5 Services configured in the OWA Front-end Server Policy Service Name Startup Mode Reason Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 Disabled OWA server not configured for IMAP4 Microsoft Exchange Informat...

MAXIMUM NUMBERS IN CELL
When entering more than 15 numbers in a cell, Exel automatically changes the integers after 15 to a zero. Example: 123456789123456789 entered into cell returns 123456789123456000. Is there any way around this? Thanx Excel supports only 15 digits, but if you don't want to do any calculations on these numbers, then you can enter them as strings. A preceding ' will convert numbers to string. e.g. '123456789123456789 is treated as a text string. - Mangesh -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com ...

USING EDIT FIND to locate cell references
If I put various cell references inside a formula, is there an easy wa to find the reference without going into each and every cell. Fo example if cell C6 is "=IF(ISERROR(T9/Q9),"",T9/Q9)" and I want to fin all references to T9 can I somehow convert cell C6 to be say the text o the formula and then do a Edit Find on all cells in the worksheet? I hope that i explained myself. Thanks -- Ron Wilso ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ron Wilson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2729 View this thre...

How to start the cell edit by keyboard
Hi everybody, I have the simple question about the excel. Let's suppose I have the cell with the text in excel worksheet. I need to edit this text inside the cell. Currently I have to double-click by the mouse to get the cursor into this cell to edit it. Please, is there any hotkey which enables to make the same by keyboard only. Thanks in advance Petr F2. "Petr Both" <testpboth@quick.cz> wrote in message news:OPpItSLwEHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi everybody, > > I have the simple question about the excel. Let's suppose I have the > cell with ...

Need help with cells
I need help. I want to be able to type in a numberin cell A1 and the description to appear on cell B1. Just by typing the number. thank you Look in the Excel help for the Vlookup command. You will need to have a table of the numbers with their descriptions saved somewhere. "mariflor" <mariflor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F284B62-4D22-4646-8BBD-0D1E7D586858@microsoft.com... >I need help. I want to be able to type in a numberin cell A1 and the > description to appear on cell B1. Just by typing the number. > thank you I can't seem to ge...

Forwarding Address
Ok i have seen pretty much everything on being able to forward email to 1 additional address. Here's my problem: I have an email address that 2 other people want to have all that email delivered to 1 external mail account and 1 exchange mailbox. it was very easy when only one person wanted it delivered - General Exchange >> Delivery Options >> put the person's address in there and put a check mark to have it delivered to both accounts. Can someone tell me is there a way to have it delivered to just one more person/exchange account. thanks in advance Scott...

Determine the number of bits in a negative number
I'd like to determine the number of bits (the position of the highest on bit) in a negative number (say -1) without using knowledge of its type. Valid operations would be AND, OR, XOR, negation, and one's compliment can be done as: 'Get a -1 of the same type as myvar Dim minus1: minus1 = myvar - (myvar + 1) Dim onesComp: onesComp = myvar XOR minus1 You could also use multiplication or division by 2 or other mathematical operators/functions, but then sign extension comes into play. The standard solution is to presume the answer given the type of the variable, but...

Formula help, compare amount in two cells
Thanks in advance for any help: I want to compare the amounts in two separate columns. If the amount in cell c4 is less than the amount in cell c6, then subtract c4 from c6 and put the result in c5 and color it red. I know this is simple but I just can't get it to work. Any help is really appreciated. In C5 put =IF(C4<C6,C6-C4,0) Then click on C5 and do Format > Conditional Format > Formula Is > =$C$5>0 and select Format > Patterns > and select Red color > OK > OK Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "29kilo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com...

Using cell value in range reference
I have a value of 20 in cell A1, how can I use this value in a formula. E.g. COUNTA("D11:D" & A1) - (I feel it should be similar to this ) Sandy =COUNTA(INDIRECT("D11:D"&a1)) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Sandy" <sandy_stephen@DELETEhotmail.com> wrote in message news:4011B2E9-7F93-44E8-A3DF-96746B31C7FD@microsoft.com... >I have a value of 20 in cell A1, how can I use this value in a formula. > > E.g. COUNTA("D11:D" & A1) - (I feel it should be similar to this ) > > ...

Multiple names
I have a excel sheet full of my customers names and my staff names. would like to sort out under each customer's company, shows who are the staffs are attached to the customer in a main worksheet. Tried using LOOKUP but it only show 1 staff name but i have more than 1 staff attached to my customer. tried alot of methods but just can't do it. pls help. data>filter>autofilter>>>>> -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "freezerpang" <freezerpang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A...

Multiple Reports to use only 1 Query
I am working on Financial Portfolio Reports. I have 3 reports. All Idendtical except for "Sorting and Grouping". Just different names to the report. Each is sorted differetly. ( by Par, by Ticker, and by Pct Owned) They all use the same query which has a "parameter" to choose the portfolio ID. The singular reports are selected on a switchboard menu with an event click code. I would like to use the query only once and print the 3 reports with one event click and not have it request the parameter over again. My code is included: Private Sub cmdSummaryTck_Click() On ...