Need help with formula 01-13-10

I am trying to adapt a formula in I2 from another spreadsheet that works
well, but won't in mine.  I've traced the error, but I would need help to
understand the help it gives!  My formula is this:  =IF(J2="0-Jan-00","To be
advised",WORKDAY(J2,1,NWD)).  I have a worksheet in the same workbook with a
list of non-workdays, and defined the column of dates with the name "NWD".
What I expect the formula to do is this:  If J2 is Feb. 4, it would give Feb.
5 in cell I2 because Feb. 5 is NOT a non-workday in NWD.  But if J2 is Feb.
5, and Feb. 6 and 7 are non-workdays in NWD, then it would give Feb. 8.  I
don't know how this formula works in the other spreadsheet, but it does.
Can anyone help?  Connie

The first part of formula looks fishy. You ask it to check if the cell equals
the text string "0-Jan-00". I think what's actually happening is the cell is
formatted as a date, and it has a value of 0. In which case, the cell
actually has a value, not text. (as an example, try typing in a cell
(=J2="0-Jan-00"). You'll see that it says "FALSE").

Try this:
=IF(J2=0,"To be advised",WORKDAY(J2,1,NWD))
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Connie Martin" wrote:

> I am trying to adapt a formula in I2 from another spreadsheet that works
> well, but won't in mine.  I've traced the error, but I would need help to
> understand the help it gives!  My formula is this:  =IF(J2="0-Jan-00","To be
> advised",WORKDAY(J2,1,NWD)).  I have a worksheet in the same workbook with a
> list of non-workdays, and defined the column of dates with the name "NWD".
> What I expect the formula to do is this:  If J2 is Feb. 4, it would give Feb.
> 5 in cell I2 because Feb. 5 is NOT a non-workday in NWD.  But if J2 is Feb.
> 5, and Feb. 6 and 7 are non-workdays in NWD, then it would give Feb. 8.  I
> don't know how this formula works in the other spreadsheet, but it does.
> Can anyone help?  Connie
Hi Luke,
I tried the first thing you mentioned and it gives #VALUE!.  Then I tried
the formula you gave and it still gives #NUM!.  I tried then by leaving the
IF statement out and putting simply =WORKDAY(J2,1,NWD) and it still gives
#NUM!.  Connie

"Luke M" wrote:

> The first part of formula looks fishy. You ask it to check if the cell equals
> the text string "0-Jan-00". I think what's actually happening is the cell is
> formatted as a date, and it has a value of 0. In which case, the cell
> actually has a value, not text. (as an example, try typing in a cell
> (=J2="0-Jan-00"). You'll see that it says "FALSE").
>
> Try this:
> =IF(J2=0,"To be advised",WORKDAY(J2,1,NWD))
> --
> Best Regards,
>
> Luke M
> *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!*
>

> "Connie Martin" wrote:
>
> > I am trying to adapt a formula in I2 from another spreadsheet that works
> > well, but won't in mine.  I've traced the error, but I would need help to
> > understand the help it gives!  My formula is this:  =IF(J2="0-Jan-00","To be
> > advised",WORKDAY(J2,1,NWD)).  I have a worksheet in the same workbook with a
> > list of non-workdays, and defined the column of dates with the name "NWD".
> > What I expect the formula to do is this:  If J2 is Feb. 4, it would give Feb.
> > 5 in cell I2 because Feb. 5 is NOT a non-workday in NWD.  But if J2 is Feb.
> > 5, and Feb. 6 and 7 are non-workdays in NWD, then it would give Feb. 8.  I
> > don't know how this formula works in the other spreadsheet, but it does.
> > Can anyone help?  Connie
Hi,
try

=IF(or(J2=0,J2=""),"To be advised",WORKDAY(J2,1,NWD))

"Connie Martin" wrote:

> Hi Luke,
> I tried the first thing you mentioned and it gives #VALUE!.  Then I tried
> the formula you gave and it still gives #NUM!.  I tried then by leaving the
> IF statement out and putting simply =WORKDAY(J2,1,NWD) and it still gives
> #NUM!.  Connie
>
> "Luke M" wrote:
>
> > The first part of formula looks fishy. You ask it to check if the cell equals
> > the text string "0-Jan-00". I think what's actually happening is the cell is
> > formatted as a date, and it has a value of 0. In which case, the cell
> > actually has a value, not text. (as an example, try typing in a cell
> > (=J2="0-Jan-00"). You'll see that it says "FALSE").
> >
> > Try this:
> > =IF(J2=0,"To be advised",WORKDAY(J2,1,NWD))
> > --
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Luke M
> > *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!*
> >

> > "Connie Martin" wrote:
> >
> > > I am trying to adapt a formula in I2 from another spreadsheet that works
> > > well, but won't in mine.  I've traced the error, but I would need help to
> > > understand the help it gives!  My formula is this:  =IF(J2="0-Jan-00","To be
> > > advised",WORKDAY(J2,1,NWD)).  I have a worksheet in the same workbook with a
> > > list of non-workdays, and defined the column of dates with the name "NWD".
> > > What I expect the formula to do is this:  If J2 is Feb. 4, it would give Feb.
> > > 5 in cell I2 because Feb. 5 is NOT a non-workday in NWD.  But if J2 is Feb.
> > > 5, and Feb. 6 and 7 are non-workdays in NWD, then it would give Feb. 8.  I
> > > don't know how this formula works in the other spreadsheet, but it does.
> > > Can anyone help?  Connie
Odd. The #NUM error appears if the Start_Date + number of days yields an
invalid date. If J2 was not a valid date, you would get the #VALUE error, so
that's not the problem...What exactly is in J2?  If it's a formula, please
list that. Is it possible it's a negative number? If so, we could compensate
with:

"Connie Martin" wrote:

> Hi Luke,
> I tried the first thing you mentioned and it gives #VALUE!.  Then I tried
> the formula you gave and it still gives #NUM!.  I tried then by leaving the
> IF statement out and putting simply =WORKDAY(J2,1,NWD) and it still gives
> #NUM!.  Connie
>
> "Luke M" wrote:
>
> > The first part of formula looks fishy. You ask it to check if the cell equals
> > the text string "0-Jan-00". I think what's actually happening is the cell is
> > formatted as a date, and it has a value of 0. In which case, the cell
> > actually has a value, not text. (as an example, try typing in a cell
> > (=J2="0-Jan-00"). You'll see that it says "FALSE").
> >
> > Try this:
> > =IF(J2=0,"To be advised",WORKDAY(J2,1,NWD))
> > --
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Luke M
> > *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!*
> >

> > "Connie Martin" wrote:
> >
> > > I am trying to adapt a formula in I2 from another spreadsheet that works
> > > well, but won't in mine.  I've traced the error, but I would need help to
> > > understand the help it gives!  My formula is this:  =IF(J2="0-Jan-00","To be
> > > advised",WORKDAY(J2,1,NWD)).  I have a worksheet in the same workbook with a
> > > list of non-workdays, and defined the column of dates with the name "NWD".
> > > What I expect the formula to do is this:  If J2 is Feb. 4, it would give Feb.
> > > 5 in cell I2 because Feb. 5 is NOT a non-workday in NWD.  But if J2 is Feb.
> > > 5, and Feb. 6 and 7 are non-workdays in NWD, then it would give Feb. 8.  I
> > > don't know how this formula works in the other spreadsheet, but it does.
> > > Can anyone help?  Connie
On Jan 13, 6:50=EF=BF=BDpm, Connie Martin
<ConnieMar...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi Luke,
> I tried the first thing you mentioned and it gives #VALUE!. =EF=BF=BDThen=
 I tried
> the formula you gave and it still gives #NUM!. =EF=BF=BDI tried then by l=
eaving the
> IF statement out and putting simply =3DWORKDAY(J2,1,NWD) and it still giv=
es
> #NUM!. =EF=BF=BDConnie

You may have more than one possible error in your function Tie it down
and make sure you understand the WORKDAY() function as follows.

1 On a blank woeksheet enter 40194 & 40195 in two adjacent cells
   this is saturday & sunday Jan 16 & 17 2010

2 In a cell enter     =3DWORKDAY(40194,1,40195)
this cell should return 40196 ie monday Jan 18 this shows the function
works

3 in the above cell in 2 enter the same formula but insread of 40195
enter the two cells of 1 by selecting 40195 in the function, then
dragging over the two cells in 1.
You should get 40196. This shows the function works with a non-working
day array

4 in the above cell in 2 select the 40194 in the function and click on
the cell in 1 with 40194 in it.
You should get the same result of 40196. This shows the function works
with a reference to the starting date.

5 Now select the two cells in 1 and name them NWD, Then enter NWD as
the third parameter in the formula in above cell in 2. This checks you
can use a named cell in the function.

In among the above you should find what you are doing wrong in your
real worksheet.

If you format the display of the cels in 1 as dd-mm-yyyy you should
see the values as dates.

Good hunting

Alan Lloyd

0
alanglloyd
1/13/2010 8:57:12 PM
There is a formula in J2.  It is:  =VLOOKUP(B3,NIRAV,10,0).  NIRAV is another
defined name worksheet.
The formula you gave here now gives me #VALUE!.
Connie

"Luke M" wrote:

> Odd. The #NUM error appears if the Start_Date + number of days yields an
> invalid date. If J2 was not a valid date, you would get the #VALUE error, so
> that's not the problem...What exactly is in J2?  If it's a formula, please
> list that. Is it possible it's a negative number? If so, we could compensate
> with:
>
> =IF(J2<=0,"To be advised",WORKDAY(J2,1,NWD))
>
> --
> Best Regards,
>
> Luke M
> *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!*
>

> "Connie Martin" wrote:
>
> > Hi Luke,
> > I tried the first thing you mentioned and it gives #VALUE!.  Then I tried
> > the formula you gave and it still gives #NUM!.  I tried then by leaving the
> > IF statement out and putting simply =WORKDAY(J2,1,NWD) and it still gives
> > #NUM!.  Connie
> >
> > "Luke M" wrote:
> >
> > > The first part of formula looks fishy. You ask it to check if the cell equals
> > > the text string "0-Jan-00". I think what's actually happening is the cell is
> > > formatted as a date, and it has a value of 0. In which case, the cell
> > > actually has a value, not text. (as an example, try typing in a cell
> > > (=J2="0-Jan-00"). You'll see that it says "FALSE").
> > >
> > > Try this:
> > > =IF(J2=0,"To be advised",WORKDAY(J2,1,NWD))
> > > --
> > > Best Regards,
> > >
> > > Luke M
> > > *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!*

That gives me #VALUE!.  Does it have something to do with the date in J2
which is from a formula, which is:  =VLOOKUP(B3,NIRAV,10,0)?  The thing is,
the worksheet where this is all working perfectly is working from cells with
much more complicated formulas than this one.  Connie

"Eduardo" wrote:

> Hi,
> try
>
> =IF(or(J2=0,J2=""),"To be advised",WORKDAY(J2,1,NWD))
>
> "Connie Martin" wrote:
>
> > Hi Luke,
> > I tried the first thing you mentioned and it gives #VALUE!.  Then I tried
> > the formula you gave and it still gives #NUM!.  I tried then by leaving the
> > IF statement out and putting simply =WORKDAY(J2,1,NWD) and it still gives
> > #NUM!.  Connie
> >
> > "Luke M" wrote:
> >
> > > The first part of formula looks fishy. You ask it to check if the cell equals
> > > the text string "0-Jan-00". I think what's actually happening is the cell is
> > > formatted as a date, and it has a value of 0. In which case, the cell
> > > actually has a value, not text. (as an example, try typing in a cell
> > > (=J2="0-Jan-00"). You'll see that it says "FALSE").
> > >
> > > Try this:
> > > =IF(J2=0,"To be advised",WORKDAY(J2,1,NWD))
> > > --
> > > Best Regards,
> > >
> > > Luke M
> > > *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!*

Everything worked fine in the steps you outlined.  My worksheet does not.
I'm still sitting with the error code.  It's exactly as it is in the other
spreadsheet and it works fine.  Won't in mine.  Connie

"alanglloyd@aol.com" wrote:

> On Jan 13, 6:50�pm, Connie Martin
> <ConnieMar...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Hi Luke,
> > I tried the first thing you mentioned and it gives #VALUE!. �Then I tried
> > the formula you gave and it still gives #NUM!. �I tried then by leaving the
> > IF statement out and putting simply =WORKDAY(J2,1,NWD) and it still gives
> > #NUM!. �Connie
> >

> You may have more than one possible error in your function Tie it down
> and make sure you understand the WORKDAY() function as follows.
>
> 1 On a blank woeksheet enter 40194 & 40195 in two adjacent cells
>    this is saturday & sunday Jan 16 & 17 2010
>
> 2 In a cell enter     =WORKDAY(40194,1,40195)
> this cell should return 40196 ie monday Jan 18 this shows the function
> works
>
> 3 in the above cell in 2 enter the same formula but insread of 40195
> enter the two cells of 1 by selecting 40195 in the function, then
> dragging over the two cells in 1.
> You should get 40196. This shows the function works with a non-working
> day array
>
> 4 in the above cell in 2 select the 40194 in the function and click on
> the cell in 1 with 40194 in it.
> You should get the same result of 40196. This shows the function works
> with a reference to the starting date.
>
> 5 Now select the two cells in 1 and name them NWD, Then enter NWD as
> the third parameter in the formula in above cell in 2. This checks you
> can use a named cell in the function.
>
> In among the above you should find what you are doing wrong in your
> real worksheet.
>
> If you format the display of the cels in 1 as dd-mm-yyyy you should
> see the values as dates.
>
> Good hunting
>
> Alan Lloyd
>
> .

To many formulas??
I used this formula for an employee form =IF(B6>37987,0,IF(B6>37951,1,IF(B6>37914,2,IF(B6>37878,3,IF(B6>37841,4,IF(B6>37805,5,IF(B6>37768,6,IF(B6>37732,7,"")))))))) And I need three more, but when I ad one, it doesn't work... Are there too many? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi, Yes Excel is limited to 7 nested functions. To go around it create a user defined function -- JP jp@solutionsvba.com http://www....

What is the command to replace a cell's formula with it's value?
What is the command to strip a cell of it's formula, leaving the formula's value? I believe it is F2 something... On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 21:37:02 -0700, "Cindy" <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What is the command to strip a cell of it's formula, leaving the formula's >value? I believe it is F2 something... I always copy it, then go to Edit --> Paste Special and select Values MP- -- "Learning is a behavior that results from consequences." B.F. Skinner Thank you! (Is there also an F2 command? It's been literally years sinc...

forms 11-01-07
I have on hedear mask command button as a menu.css for webpages I'd like to open a form depending on cmd button on the same body of the mask Ist it possible?Like with the tab strips? ...

Can a formula check for a certain value in a range? #2
I need a formula function to check if a named range contains a certain entry. A formula similar to: IF(DATA!Dave='computer',d16,""), where DATA is the worksheet and Dave is the named range. But, rather than '=' I need a function that checks if the range 'contains' a single or a number of 'computer' entrys in the range. The quantity of entrys is unimportant. The Range: The named range is a number of rows, of which the first column is merged to contain the name of the person the rest of the data refers to. The data can contain numbers, text or...

Linq. Create. Need advice.
Hello, I have 3 Linq to SQL entities: Article, ArticleLocalized and Language. Each Article can have one or more ArticleLocalized. And each ArticleLocalized is associated to a Language: public partial class Article : INotifyPropertyChanging, INotifyPropertyChanged { private int _Id; private System.DateTime _Created; private EntitySet<ArticleLocalized> _ArticlesLocalized; // ... } public partial class ArticleLocalized : INotifyPropertyChanging, INotifyPropertyChanged { private int _Id; private int _ArticleId; private string _Conte...

Pulling Data 04-01-10
I have a large range of data that I would like to pull information from based on several factors. There may be more then one outcome. Is there anyway to pull that information and put it in a table on a different worksheet? If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line 3. You send a clear explanation of what you want 4. You send before/after examples and expected results. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid S...

help about GetBitmapBits!
unsigned char *px = new unsigned char [bm.bmHeight*bm.bmWidthBytes]; bitmap->GetBitmapBits(bm.bmHeight*bm.bmWidthBytes,px); Please, tell me the color format of the px above. Thank you,anyway! "twing" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:000501c39f5c$a6d74800$a001280a@phx.gbl... > unsigned char *px = new unsigned char > [bm.bmHeight*bm.bmWidthBytes]; > bitmap->GetBitmapBits(bm.bmHeight*bm.bmWidthBytes,px); > > > Please, tell me the color format of the px above. It isn't possible to determine it from what you supplied. The ...

HQ
If the HQ Server has a static non-routable IP addresses, either 10.x.x.x or 192.x.x.x, how can the client connect to that server to exchange worksheets? Pat Your remote clients will need some sort of access to the HQ LAN. There are lots of ways... The cheapest (and slowest) would be a direct dial-in connection. VPN over DSL/Cable is probably most common and most cost-effective. A dedicated WAN would be ideal but is likely cost prohibitive. For VPN access, you will need to get a static IP from your HQ ISP. The static IP will be assigned to the router. You will be able to keep...

Excel formula printing
I'm trying to balance two different worksheets. I want to print the formula from one cell in Worksheet A so I can check it against Worksheet B. When I follow all the directions it only prints 1/2 of the formula (it's a very long formula). Is there any way to get it all printed without doing a screen print? An idea: click on the formula bar, highlight the entire formula, and press CTRL-C to copy the formula into the clipboard. Then open MS Word and press CTRL-V to paste. This will allow you to print the entire formula. As an alternative, if the formulas are _very_ similar and...

sumif concatenate formula
I have 3 cells in a row. We'll call them cell 1, 2 & 3. I need a formula in cell 3 that is based on what is in cells 1 and 2. Example: 1 - If there is a letter "A" in cell 1 or 2, then concatenate cells 1 and 2 in cell 3. 2 - If there is number in cell 1 and 2, then sum cells 1 and 2 in cell 3. Thanks for your help. Rob On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:45:03 -0700, Robb27 <Robb27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have 3 cells in a row. We'll call them cell 1, 2 & 3. I need a formula in >cell 3 that is based on what is in cells 1 and 2. Examp...

Please Help Outlook error message Can't create file:
Outlook Proffesional 2003 Error message: Can't create file: GBXxA002.doc. Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. I'm triying to open an attachement Please Help Thank you in advance Andy <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Outlook Proffesional 2003 > Error message: > Can't create file: GBXxA002.doc. Right-click the folder you want to > create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to > check your permissions for the folder. ...

Excel formula to increment the month by 2?
Dear friends, In an excel worksheet, in a cell I am having a day, say for example 03-May-2005 or 03-05-2005, In another cell I have to increment only the month by 2 i.e from 03-May-2005 to 03-July-2005 using a formula. What formula should I use? thanks, Thirumalairajan. maybe you can use the following formula: =day(a2)&"-"&(month(a2)+2)&"-"&year(a2) "thirumalairajan" <thirumalai@cspl.com> д����Ϣ����:%23hG1yYhLGHA.2904@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Dear friends, > > In an excel worksheet, in a cell I am having a day, say for e...

excel 2003 + macro help
Please tell me what i'm doing wrong, i want the entire excel document to close?? Call Application.OnTime(Now + TimeValue("00:00:15"), "ThisWorkbook.Auto_Close") Thanks. You have the solution at your other post. Neil Holden wrote: > > Please tell me what i'm doing wrong, i want the entire excel document to > close?? > > Call Application.OnTime(Now + TimeValue("00:00:15"), > "ThisWorkbook.Auto_Close") > > Thanks. -- Dave Peterson Don't know what the Auto_Close is about but this works......

formula #31
Hi Group, Need your help. I have these coloumns: Employee Code Name Status Position DOJ DOL Tenure Reason of Leaving Ed Level GENDER LOCATION I have two sheets one with Attrition details and one with Headcount details (only difference between the two is that Headcount does not have Reason of Leaving). 1. Tenure has this formula =(F2-E2)/365*12 2. The data is for the previous one year 3. I have monthly headcount and monthly attrition figures. 4. In the Headcount, I have put last date of the month as the DOL (Date of leaving) so that I can get the exact headcount tenure. 5. Status me...

Help modify this code please
someone kindly helped me to generate the following code, however i nee it do a little extra to what it currently does. PRIVATE SUB WORKSHEET_SELECTIONCHANGE(BYVAL TARGET AS EXCEL.RANGE) IF TARGET.LOCKED = TRUE THEN ACTIVESHEET.PROTECT PASSWORD:=\"YOURPASSWORD\" IF TARGET.COLUMN = 1 AND TARGET.ROW <= 19 THEN ON ERROR GOTO DUMP ACTIVESHEET.UNPROTECT END IF END IF DUMP: IF ERR.NUMBER = 1004 THEN MSGBOX \"WRONG PASSWORD\" END IF END SUB i need the range to also include cells b12:b2 and d5:d9 and e1:e4 please help And -----------------------------...

I need to know if there is a template for my needs...
I'm trying to compile a scheduling program via Access/2000 (Yeah, I know that's an old program....LOL. thanks for my employer's budgeting...LOL). I trying to setup a scheduling process for teachers and students and be able to print forms....Is there a template that you could suggest that I try and use? ...

HELP
Hi All. I have OL2002-SP3 and two IMAP4 account, my problem it this : I have account ACC1 as default account and account ACC2 as other one. They have separated .PST files : ACC1.PST and ACC2.PST (it seems impossible to have only 1 PST file for both) I have built a simple rule to save outgoing msg in the SentMsg folder for each account : The rules like : "After you sent a msg through account ACC1 copy the msg into ACC1->SentMsg folder" (the same for ACC2) well it works, BUT ONLY FOR THE ACCOUNT I'M USING AS DEFAULT, for the other one the rule does NOTHING (no copy, no e...

Content type of '', but expected 'text/xml'
Hi, I am getting this error all over our CRM. System.InvalidOperationException: Client found response content type of '', but expected 'text/xml'. Usually I reboot and it goes away. This time the reboot is not working properly.l Thanks for your help! ...

Macro help #8
Here is what I have: Sheet3(pcdata) data is in rows A3:R19 I need to copy and paste(Macro) this data to Sheet4(Total) The first available row is A3 Sheet4(Total) The Sheet3(pcdata) will be updated daily the macro needs to paste the data on Sheet4(Total) below the existing data,, (next available row). As I am quite a novice at excel. any help.. is very appreciated. Thanks Mike Hi Mike Try this http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy1.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Mike" <mbrune@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:rBKle.11597$Is4.5585@attbi_s21... &g...

Better color progression needed. . .
I am charting a 3D surface plot, but the colors provided in Excel (97) don't show a smooth progression eg light to dark or red to blue, and this gives a disjointed effect if the chart is reproduced in greyscale. Are there any sample charts out there where I can import better colors TI Steve XL is rather limited when it comes to color sophistication. It is limited to the 56 colors in its palette, though, it is possible to replace any of the 56 with others of your choice. Your other option, I imagine, is to export the XL chart as a graphic image into the image editor of your choice ...

Import Help
I have a billing system I am developing for a client. They would like to export the data from that system into their Dynamics GP system. The purpose is to be able to generate invoices without having to re-enter the information. I am trying to determine what the best method for doing this is. Any help is greatly appreciated! Mike, Thanks for the quick reply! I do not have any experience with Dynamics GP. Unfortunately at this stage I haven't even seen the product. The company is a non-profit agency that deals with developmentally disabled people. They have very a limited budget. Is e-Co...

Error message launching Dynamics GP 10
I get these messages, from one user only on a terminal server: 1. Dictionary Location ID: (then a blank box) 2. A workstation needs to be defined in your preference file Again, this is just one of 68 users on one of 3 terminal servers. -- Doug Hi Doug, To troubleshoot this issue further I will need to ask you some additional questions. 1. Is this a new installation of the Client? 2. Have you installed any new software on this workstation? 3. Check the Dynamics.set file and review the locations it is pointing to Kevin "Doug" wrote: > I get t...

printing formula version and values togheter
How can I print formulas and values togheter froma excel worksheet? http://groups.google.ca/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_thread/t= hread/dc01a20c427d5902/566f0705ec7b3578?lnk=3Dst&q=3Dexcel+print+formula+= and+values&rnum=3D2&hl=3Den#566f0705ec7b3578 Epinn "Carlos" <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:2CB458B9-FF66-4726-939D-9C94E7E6A29C@microsoft.com... How can I print formulas and values togheter froma excel worksheet? You could go with a John Walkenbach macro posted below which places all formulas, values and addresses on a ...

help!~!!!!
my motherboard took a dump, so I had to replace it, well when I did that, I bought a new hd and reloaded my winxp pro on it with office 2k, now I need to get my emails and addys from the first hd, if I slave it, i can read all the info, but if I make the old hd primary, it won't boot with the new m/b. HELP!!! I really need my contacts and my emails................thanks!!! if you can slave it, that should be all you need... just copy the Outlook .pst file to the new HD and import the data... you should not have need to make it the primary again unless that was your intention... ...

Excel sheet meltdown help!
Excel was working fine then for some unknown reason everytime I open up a workbook the "edit toolbar" appears next to the highlighted cell. I cant turn it off nor can I enter text into the highlighted cell without double clicking it first. Any help would be most welcome -- Philden I don't know what the EDIT toolbar is, except in the Visual Basic Editor. If you mean the Edit menu has gone awry, you should probably troubleshoot Excel by renaming your *.xlb file: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/troubleshooting_microsoft_excel.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.Office...