Need help comparing 2 columns of number to find unique numbers

I have 2 columns of numbers.  The first column is a list of unique IDs
(221 IDs) that have signed up for a training program.  The second
column is the full list of people who are assigned to course (360
IDs).  I need a third column to display only the IDs that do not show
up in the first column.

Any help would be appreciated.
0
BP

Column A has the 221 ID's; Column B has the 360 IDs
In C1 enter =IF(COUNTIF(A:A,B1),"",B1)
Copy this down the column by double clicking C1's fill handle (small solid
square in its lower right corner)
ID's that are in B but not in A are displayed in C
Not happy with the blanks? Use Copy followed by Paste Special -> Values to
convert formulas to values and sort column C
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"BP" <benpalchick@aol.com> wrote in message
> I have 2 columns of numbers.  The first column is a list of unique IDs
> (221 IDs) that have signed up for a training program.  The second
> column is the full list of people who are assigned to course (360
> IDs).  I need a third column to display only the IDs that do not show
> up in the first column.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

0
Bernard
1/5/2010 8:37:08 PM
On Jan 5, 3:37=A0pm, "Bernard Liengme" <blien...@TRUENORTH.stfx.ca>
wrote:
> Column A has the 221 ID's; Column B has the 360 IDs
> In C1 enter =3DIF(COUNTIF(A:A,B1),"",B1)
> Copy this down the column by double clicking C1's fill handle (small soli=
> square in its lower right corner)
> ID's that are in B but not in A are displayed in C
> Not happy with the blanks? Use Copy followed by Paste Special -> Values t=
> convert formulas to values and sort column C
> best wishes
> --
> Bernard Liengme
> Microsoft Excel MVPhttp://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
>
> "BP" <benpalch...@aol.com> wrote in message

> > I have 2 columns of numbers. =A0The first column is a list of unique ID=
> > (221 IDs) that have signed up for a training program. =A0The second
> > column is the full list of people who are assigned to course (360
> > IDs). =A0I need a third column to display only the IDs that do not show
> > up in the first column.
>
> > Any help would be appreciated.- Hide quoted text -

Excellent!!  Thank you very much!
0
BP
1/5/2010 8:57:43 PM
Hi,

First of all kindly put headers for the both the columns.  In a blank cell
(say E17), type Criteria and in cell E18, type =COUNTIF($E$6:$E$13,H6)=0.
H6 is the cell reference of the first ID which has signed up for the
training program.  E6:E13 has the list of unique ID's.  Now click on any
blank cell and go to Data > Filter > Advanced Filter > Copy to another
location.  In the list box, select H5:H15 (please note that H5 is the header
row).  In the criteria range, select E17:E18.  In the copy box, select any
one blank cell.  Now click on OK

--
Regards,

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"BP" <benpalchick@aol.com> wrote in message
> I have 2 columns of numbers.  The first column is a list of unique IDs
> (221 IDs) that have signed up for a training program.  The second
> column is the full list of people who are assigned to course (360
> IDs).  I need a third column to display only the IDs that do not show
> up in the first column.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

0
Ashish

CRM 3.0 and Microsoft VPC Help
Forum Members: I am trying to install Microsoft CRM 3.0 (VPC) and Microsoft VPC 5.3.582.45. I can't figure out how to get the CRM image up and running. My CRM files are loaded on an external hard drive. Please help! Thanks, Casey Please clarify: The CRM 3.0 VPC expired on 11/30/2008 Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Virtual PC Demonstration - August 2007 Release: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=57394BC8-5ECC-422E-A066-34189F48F8C8&displaylang=en Directions: For the VPC documentation and demonstration materials: download the VPC Documentation and Demonstrati...

How to stop "Help" accessing Office Online
Excel 2003. I'd like to restrict F1/Help to just searching the local help file. For example, with a stupidly simple example: =vlookup Press F1 Assistance appears, then if you hit the green arrow it goes to the online mode and searches the web.... really a pain. Esp. since my firewall blocked the search and thereafter Excel simply crashed. Try: Help|Microsoft Help|Online Content Settings|Online Content Category Turn off what you don't want. Steve wrote: > > Excel 2003. > > I'd like to restrict F1/Help to just searching the local help file. For > exampl...

Linking files 2 ways

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Find and Replace Footnote Numbering
I often have documents where I need to put formatting before or after the footnote number for every footnote, often for hundreds of footnotes...anyone know how I can do this in one shot? I know I can specify ^f in find and replace, but only in the find portion...it gives an error if you put it in replace. ...

More Columns #2

find action on log file

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

Please help #8

Contacts in Exchange #2

Goal Seek #2

random number generator
Hey is there a way to generate random numbers like you would for a draft. In other words, i have numbers 1 through 10 and generate a random order for those? Use the RAND() function. If 1-10 are in A1:A10, enter =RAND() in cell B1 and copy it down through B10. Recalc (F9), then sort by column B. Hope this helps, Hutch "pat67" wrote: > Hey is there a way to generate random numbers like you would for a > draft. In other words, i have numbers 1 through 10 and generate a > random order for those? > . > You would have to generate 10 random numbers ...

how to find an item in a list control?

Columns #4
My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Hi Me! I'm just guessing what you mean. Use: Tools > Options > General Remove check from "R1C1 reference style" OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "me" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D9050B-079C-476D-B5B6-84445F60EA51@microsoft.com... > My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Another gue...

I need a macro

Help with importing data

Increment A2 from A1 and A2 Sum #2

number format with leading 0