need a formula 11-15-09

need to find the formula for b3 is 8 hrs  c3 = -.50min / b3 is less than 8hrs
c3 -.25 example  b3 8. hrs  c3 7.5 hrs   /  b3 6. hrs c3 5.75

Terry: take a big breath and retype this slowly using punctuation and line
feeds. We do want to help but this makes no sense to me Unlike cell phone
text messages, there is no word-count cost.
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> need to find the formula for b3 is 8 hrs  c3 = -.50min / b3 is less than
> 8hrs
> c3 -.25 example  b3 8. hrs  c3 7.5 hrs   /  b3 6. hrs c3 5.75

0
Bernard
11/15/2009 8:05:34 PM
I agree with Bernard, but I think what you need is this in C3:

=3DB3-IF(B3<8,0.25,0.5)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 15, 7:04=A0pm, Terry <Te...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> need to find the formula for b3 is 8 hrs =A0c3 =3D -.50min / b3 is less t=
han 8hrs
> c3 -.25 example =A0b3 8. hrs =A0c3 7.5 hrs =A0 / =A0b3 6. hrs c3 5.75

0
Pete_UK

Column Headings #11
Can you add seperate column headings (A, B, C, ...) into one spreadsheet? I'm attempting to alter the column sizes half-way through the spreadsheet w/out affecting the upper column sizes... Coolumn width belongs to the entire column and cannot be altered in separate sections of that column. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 15:51:01 -0800, spencer4hire <spencer4hire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can you add seperate column headings (A, B, C, ...) into one spreadsheet? >I'm attempting to alter the column sizes half-way through the spreadsheet >w/ou...

Need Syntax for "AND" to Evaluate 2 Cells
I need to evaluate 2 cells while inside an "Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)". I thought AND would work but I cannot get it to work; I receive a syntax error on the AND(Range... line. Can someone please provide me the proper syntax to evaluate the 2 cells? Here's my code... Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If ActiveSheet.Name = "Sheet1" Then And(Range("I3") <> "", Range("K4") = "") Then Range("K4") = Range("K3") End...

Need to import EDI file
Hello. I have an EDI TS-130 file (academic transcript) that I would like to import into Access 2003. Is this possible to do for free? If so, how? ...

a simple math formula
Hi, I'm new to this and have a very simple question. I have values, simple numbers representing weight in kg, that I wish to automatically convert to US pounds. The 'kg' numbers are in fields B5 - to B77 for example. I want the conversion result (simply multiplying each B cell entry by 2.2) placed in the ''cell adjacent. Thanks! Dave Horne Hi David In C5 enter =CONVERT(B5,"kg","lbm") and copy down through C6:C77 -- Regards Roger Govier "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message news:upOf6pgUJHA.4916@TK2MSFTNGP06.p...

You wont believe this! SERVER DOWN
I was helping the operations/it director to get RPC over HTTP going on their exchange server for a company I use to be the sys admin for. The ops/it director was doing the add/remove programs portion to add rpc over http there, somehow in the process of doing this he managed to uninstall IIS -or- just NNTP and SMTP (I can't figure out which and he claims he did neither). Long story short, I've reinstalled NNTP and SMTP, reconfigured SMTP to the best recollection I have of the previous config and the server still refuses to send/receive email, even internally. All services are s...

Array Formula #7
I have an array formula that works correct up to the 20th row. It quit running on row 20 or it does not pick up any information after row 20. Any help out ther -- pete576 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pete5761's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2961 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49427 Rather impossible to tell... What's the formula, and what cell(s) is it entered into? What type of data is in any referenced ranges? In article <pete5761.205n5a_1134773401.141...

need custom cut and paste functions
Hello, I once wrote here about a problem I had cutting and pasting where columns would turn to "REF!" after a cut and paste. I would work around it by copying, pasting and then manually deleting instead. I thought turning everything in the sheet to absolute references would solve the problem but it didn't so now I am thinking of a different solution. Could someone tell me what I need to do to write my own cut and paste functions which would basically copy the selection and then on a paste it would paste and then delete the original selection from where it was copied from...

Labels in Formulas requires manual refresh?
I use Labels in Formulas extensively. (Excel 2003 11.5612.5606) That is, I tick off Options/Calculations/"Accept Labels in Formulas" and then use whatever text string I've placed at the top of a column of data to refer to it. It has many benefits over Named Ranges, dynamic or otherwise for my purposes, but one ongoing annoyance. When I add data to the bottom of the column of data, the in-cell formula using the label for reference does not change when it should. Workaround: Select cell, F2 or double click to open it, Enter. I have a number of such formulae so updating can be ...

Scheduling formula question
I know both are the same equation. Which one is by definition ? "Duration = Work / Units" or "Work = Duration x Units". I have a three day task with a resource assigned (Max. Units 100%, Units:100%). All calendars are the default Standard base calendar; Hours per day is 9 hours. How do we build the equation to calculate 27 hours of work ? TBol -- To be technically correct, the Duration Equation formula is written as: Duration = Work/(Hours Per Day x Units) You find the Hours Per Day value on the Calendar page of the Options dialog, accessed by clic...

SK 40175 Tuff-1 1/2-Inch Drive 15-Inch Reversible Ratchet
Price:$90.24 Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B0009U5RRM Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B0009U5RRM Item #: SKT40175. Features & Benefits:Tuff 1(r) Ratchets 72 tooth head design delivers a short 5" stroke for use in tight areas.17 teeth engage when torque is applied to provide a strong grip without slippage.Thumb falls naturally into position, giving instant control with one hand.Easy to reverse, 4 point cap.SuperKrome plating for long tool life and maximum corrosion resistance.Description: 15" Reversible Tuff Customers also search for:...

Mailbox needs reducing
We have this mailbox that has been left for months and with no limits, it's now 11GB!! Ho can I trim in down, I don't really want to go into the mailbox and do it, can Exchange do it? In news:euNRN1iPHHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, Gonzo <no@no.com> typed: > We have this mailbox that has been left for months and with no > limits, it's now 11GB!! > > Ho can I trim in down, I don't really want to go into the mailbox and > do it, can Exchange do it? Presuming you're not on 5x or earlier, you can use mailbox management policies to get rid of items ol...

I need help restoring Public Folders
Hi I've been having issues getting Public Folder replication going between 2 Exchange 2003 servers. Prior to doing any work I performed a Backup using Veritas Backup Exec and this completed and verified correctly. I screwed things up and managed to delete some of the public folders on my original server. I'm not 100% sure what I did but it is a mess and the only backup I have is the Exchange backup I created before doing any work. The public folders contain a number of Contact Lists and a very important Event Calendar. I have restored the public folders but when the restore c...

Need help on a formula 05-20-10

Subform question 04-09-10
I have a form (Form1) that contains a subform (Subform1). Within this subform I have a combo box which, depending on what is chosen, pops up another form (Popup1)for additional information. I need this additional information in the form that pops up to be 'linked' with the subform. The problem I am running into is that when the user enters information in Popup1, the table has not been populated witht he data that is in the subform so there is no record to 'link' to. What is the best way to force te esubform to pass its information to the table? Thanks i...

How do I import data from lotus123 & maintain formulas/worksheets
I am trying to convert several complex Lotus 123 workbooks with formulas into Excel 2003. How do I do this and maintain my formulas and the individual tabs (worksheets). hi, if the lotus file is a wks version or earlier, xl should open it and let you save it as an xl file. if the lotus file is a 123 version or higher, you can open the file in lotus and save it as an xl file. if you don't have lotus, find someone who does. "Ineluctable" wrote: > I am trying to convert several complex Lotus 123 workbooks with formulas into > Excel 2003. How do I do this and maintai...

Excel Formula Help
I am setting up a basic excel spreadsheet and really have got no experience with excel. I want to do something real basic like if A2=laptop display $10 or if A2=desktop display $20 how do I do this? I think that if the list of options is more than a just a few, a =vlookup() function would work nicely. It may seem a little complex to start, but once you use it, you'll find tons of more reasons to use it. Debra Dalgleish has some nice instructions at: http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html BadSector wrote: > > I am setting up a basic excel spreadsheet and really have got no...

Formula to find last monday (tue, wedn, thu or friday) for a given month
Hi, I need a formula to calculate the date of the last monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday or friday of a given month. Can't seem to find the answer anywhere. example: day: wednesday (or corresponding nr) month: 3 year: 2004 Result: 31/03/04 Who can help? Thank you for reading and eventually answering my question.Back Visit http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeWS.htm#DaysInMonth -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Michele" <mw001@pandora.be> wrote in message news:b30b6913.0402090708.556d0faa@posting.google.com... > Hi, > I need a...

Need to retrieve a deleted Excel File
On Saturday I hide an excel sheet and then protected the workbook. When I got into work today to open the file it was non-existent. What do I have to do to retrieve the file? Does it make a difference if the file extension ended with .csv? Thanks in advance! Search in Windows to make sure it's still on your compute -or go to the folder the file is in and look to make sure it's still ther -or If you didn't do this, you might need to to text, which includes *.cs Excel is not set to open this type of file by defaul tj Did you (try to) open the file with Excel. If so : did ...

Need Help With GP Item Pricing
GP ITEM PRICING I need to use “Bucket Pricing” for items in GP. For example below is the pricing schedule that I need to use. First 20 …………….$ 1.75 Next 280 ……………… 1.36 Next 700 ……………… 1.23 Next 2,000 ……………… 1.09 Over 3,000 ……………… .82 So if I had a Qty. of 350 it would be as follows 20 * 1.75 = 35 280 * 1.36 = 380.80 50 * 1.23 = 61.50 Total : $477.30 In GP I can only set it up to do a “Quantity Range” in the Item Price List Maintenance window. Problem is if I set it up that way and enter a quantity of 350 it will default to the $1.23 ...

I need to round up to the nearest 50.
I am trying to calculate the number of raw material bags I need in a batch. If I use the mround function is will round down. Is there a way to only round up? =ROUNDUP(A21/50,0)*50 or =CEILING(A21,50) -- HTH Bob Phillips "karenm" <karenm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBE54F5E-0524-4DFF-BC52-D966BBEE26E9@microsoft.com... > I am trying to calculate the number of raw material bags I need in a batch. > If I use the mround function is will round down. Is there a way to only > round up? > Hi karenm, First of all, I believe MROUND rounds...

creating nested formulas from drop down box
Hi, I have cell A1 with a drop down box containing 26 available choices. B1 has the dollar amount matching to the choice in A1 using vlookup. E1 totals several cells including B1 together. I want F1 to look at A1 and either enter the number from E1 or NA. Here's billing example: A1=January , B1=$5 ,C1=$10, D1=$1, E1=$16 (total of b-d1) F1 is the column for January G1 is the column for February H1 is the column for March, etc If A1 = Jan, then F1 should be $16 If A1 = Feb, then F1 should be NA or $0 This is the formula that has been working so far: =IF((G2="...

Access 2007 12-17-09
I am building a contact data base for my church. How do I get the phone field to automatically format like this (xxx) xxx-xxxx when the numbers are typed in the cell? -- Thank You In the form design view select the phone control and open the properties dialog. Goto the Data tab and use the Input Mask to define the format you wish to use. If you click on the ... to the right hand side on the property you will get another dialog where there are predefined input mask or you can define your own. For instance, I use !\(999") "000\-0000;0;_ to format my telepho...