Multiple IF statment help 05-24-10

Morning all

Having some trouble in getting a formula together. Am hoping someone can
help me

I have to put a formula (believe it to be an if) which has 3 possible outcomes

For example
D42 has a start date - E42 an end date (although not all the time), F42 a
salary figure and finally I3-AR3 has months starting from 31/01/10 - 31/12/12

I need the statment to have the following

If the start date in D42 is prior to the month (I3) then take the base
salary in F42 and divide by 12.

However

If E42's endate is prior to (I3) then don't take F42 and divide by 12 (and
leave the cell blank)

finally

IF D42 has nothing in it then leave the cell blank

Can anybody help me, driving me nuts

Thank you

Mark

>If the start date in D42 is prior to the month (I3) then take the base

This isn't clear; well to me it isn't, what do you have in I3, is it a
number representing a month? a date? something else?. When comparing to I3
are we ignoring the year?
--
Mike

question.

"Mark D" wrote:

> Morning all
>
> Having some trouble in getting a formula together. Am hoping someone can
> help me
>
> I have to put a formula (believe it to be an if) which has 3 possible outcomes
>
> For example
> D42 has a start date - E42 an end date (although not all the time), F42 a
> salary figure and finally I3-AR3 has months starting from 31/01/10 - 31/12/12
>
> I need the statment to have the following
>
> If the start date in D42 is prior to the month (I3) then take the base
> salary in F42 and divide by 12.
>
> However
>
> If E42's endate is prior to (I3) then don't take F42 and divide by 12 (and
> leave the cell blank)
>
> finally
>
> IF D42 has nothing in it then leave the cell blank
>
> Can anybody help me, driving me nuts
>
> Thank you

Sorry Mike I was worried I didnt put enough information in

I3 - AR 3 has a date in it (so I3 has 31/01/10, J3 28/02/10 and so on).

So I always need to compare the start date of the employee in this case to
the date in I3, if its prior to I3 etc then take the salary divided by 12),
unless the end date of the employee exists in which case do the calculation
off of the end date.

I wrote the following since posting on here which I think is working.

=IF($E42<I$3,"",IF($D42<I$3,$F42/12,""))

"Mike H" wrote:

> Mark
>
> >If the start date in D42 is prior to the month (I3) then take the base
>
> This isn't clear; well to me it isn't, what do you have in I3, is it a
> number representing a month? a date? something else?. When comparing to I3
> are we ignoring the year?
> --
> Mike

> question.
>

> "Mark D" wrote:
>
> > Morning all
> >
> > Having some trouble in getting a formula together. Am hoping someone can
> > help me
> >
> > I have to put a formula (believe it to be an if) which has 3 possible outcomes
> >
> > For example
> > D42 has a start date - E42 an end date (although not all the time), F42 a
> > salary figure and finally I3-AR3 has months starting from 31/01/10 - 31/12/12
> >
> > I need the statment to have the following
> >
> > If the start date in D42 is prior to the month (I3) then take the base
> > salary in F42 and divide by 12.
> >
> > However
> >
> > If E42's endate is prior to (I3) then don't take F42 and divide by 12 (and
> > leave the cell blank)
> >
> > finally
> >
> > IF D42 has nothing in it then leave the cell blank
> >
> > Can anybody help me, driving me nuts
> >
> > Thank you

Mark,

I think this satisfies all the conditions but I still don't understand what
to do if E42 is < i3 but you should be able top substitute the text with the
formula you want.

=IF(D42="","",IF(AND(E42<>"",E42<I3),"I don't understand",F42/12))
--
Mike

question.

"Mark D" wrote:

> Sorry Mike I was worried I didnt put enough information in
>
> I3 - AR 3 has a date in it (so I3 has 31/01/10, J3 28/02/10 and so on).
>
> So I always need to compare the start date of the employee in this case to
> the date in I3, if its prior to I3 etc then take the salary divided by 12),
> unless the end date of the employee exists in which case do the calculation
> off of the end date.
>
> I wrote the following since posting on here which I think is working.
>
> =IF($E42<I$3,"",IF($D42<I$3,$F42/12,""))
>
> "Mike H" wrote:
>
> > Mark
> >
> > >If the start date in D42 is prior to the month (I3) then take the base
> >
> > This isn't clear; well to me it isn't, what do you have in I3, is it a
> > number representing a month? a date? something else?. When comparing to I3
> > are we ignoring the year?
> > --
> > Mike
> >
> > When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that
> > introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the
> > question.
> >

> > "Mark D" wrote:
> >
> > > Morning all
> > >
> > > Having some trouble in getting a formula together. Am hoping someone can
> > > help me
> > >
> > > I have to put a formula (believe it to be an if) which has 3 possible outcomes
> > >
> > > For example
> > > D42 has a start date - E42 an end date (although not all the time), F42 a
> > > salary figure and finally I3-AR3 has months starting from 31/01/10 - 31/12/12
> > >
> > > I need the statment to have the following
> > >
> > > If the start date in D42 is prior to the month (I3) then take the base
> > > salary in F42 and divide by 12.
> > >
> > > However
> > >
> > > If E42's endate is prior to (I3) then don't take F42 and divide by 12 (and
> > > leave the cell blank)
> > >
> > > finally
> > >
> > > IF D42 has nothing in it then leave the cell blank
> > >
> > > Can anybody help me, driving me nuts
> > >
> > > Thank you

Hi Mike

If E42 (end date) is prior (less than) I3 I want to put the cell blank

Thanks again for your replies.
"Mike H" wrote:

> Mark,
>
> I think this satisfies all the conditions but I still don't understand what
> to do if E42 is < i3 but you should be able top substitute the text with the
> formula you want.
>
> =IF(D42="","",IF(AND(E42<>"",E42<I3),"I don't understand",F42/12))
> --
> Mike

> question.
>

> "Mark D" wrote:
>
> > Sorry Mike I was worried I didnt put enough information in
> >
> > I3 - AR 3 has a date in it (so I3 has 31/01/10, J3 28/02/10 and so on).
> >
> > So I always need to compare the start date of the employee in this case to
> > the date in I3, if its prior to I3 etc then take the salary divided by 12),
> > unless the end date of the employee exists in which case do the calculation
> > off of the end date.
> >
> > I wrote the following since posting on here which I think is working.
> >
> > =IF($E42<I$3,"",IF($D42<I$3,$F42/12,""))
> >
> > "Mike H" wrote:
> >
> > > Mark

> > > This isn't clear; well to me it isn't, what do you have in I3, is it a
> > > number representing a month? a date? something else?. When comparing to I3
> > > are we ignoring the year?
> > > --
> > > Mike
> > >
> > > When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that
> > > introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the
> > > question.

Hi Mark

then I think what you want is
=IF($D42="","",IF(AND($E42<>"",$E42<I$3),"",$F42/12)
--
Regards
Roger Govier

Mark D wrote:
> Hi Mike
>
> If E42 (end date) is prior (less than) I3 I want to put the cell blank
>
> Thanks again for your replies.
> "Mike H" wrote:
>
>> Mark,
>>
>> I think this satisfies all the conditions but I still don't understand what
>> to do if E42 is < i3 but you should be able top substitute the text with the
>> formula you want.
>>
>> =IF(D42="","",IF(AND(E42<>"",E42<I3),"I don't understand",F42/12))
>> --
>> Mike
>>
>> When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that
>> introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the
>> question.
>>

>> "Mark D" wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry Mike I was worried I didnt put enough information in
>>>
>>> I3 - AR 3 has a date in it (so I3 has 31/01/10, J3 28/02/10 and so on).
>>>
>>> So I always need to compare the start date of the employee in this case to
>>> the date in I3, if its prior to I3 etc then take the salary divided by 12),
>>> unless the end date of the employee exists in which case do the calculation
>>> off of the end date.
>>>
>>> I wrote the following since posting on here which I think is working.
>>>
>>> =IF($E42<I$3,"",IF($D42<I$3,$F42/12,""))

0
Roger
5/24/2010 12:42:29 PM
Hi Roger

Maybe it's my fault in explaining things but I am still having problems.

I entered your formula and it is generating the salary / 12 even if the
start date (D42) is > I3 (31/01/10)

The formula I have created works but I have 1 issue with is. That is if D42
is blank - it's still generating the salary / 12

=IF($E42<I$3,"",IF($D42<I$3,$F42/12,""))

Sorry I am sure I'm getting this wrong somewhere

But
"Roger Govier" wrote:

> Hi Mark
>
> then I think what you want is
> =IF($D42="","",IF(AND($E42<>"",$E42<I$3),"",$F42/12)
> --
> Regards
> Roger Govier
>
> Mark D wrote:
> > Hi Mike
> >
> > If E42 (end date) is prior (less than) I3 I want to put the cell blank
> >
> > Thanks again for your replies.
> > "Mike H" wrote:
> >
> >> Mark,
> >>
> >> I think this satisfies all the conditions but I still don't understand what
> >> to do if E42 is < i3 but you should be able top substitute the text with the
> >> formula you want.
> >>
> >> =IF(D42="","",IF(AND(E42<>"",E42<I3),"I don't understand",F42/12))
> >> --
> >> Mike
> >>
> >> When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that
> >> introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the
> >> question.

> .

Hi

Sorry, I missed a parenthesis off my last formula, and, I hadn't catered
for the situation where D42 was not blank, but was also later that the
value in row 3
Try
=IF($D42="","",IF(AND($E42<>"",$E42<I$3),"",IF($D42<I$3,$F42/12,"")))
--
Regards
Roger Govier

Mark D wrote:
> Hi Roger
>
> Maybe it's my fault in explaining things but I am still having problems.
>
> I entered your formula and it is generating the salary / 12 even if the
> start date (D42) is > I3 (31/01/10)
>
> The formula I have created works but I have 1 issue with is. That is if D42
> is blank - it's still generating the salary / 12
>
> =IF($E42<I$3,"",IF($D42<I$3,$F42/12,""))
>
> Sorry I am sure I'm getting this wrong somewhere
>

> But
> "Roger Govier" wrote:
>
>> Hi Mark
>>
>> then I think what you want is
>> =IF($D42="","",IF(AND($E42<>"",$E42<I$3),"",$F42/12)
>> --
>> Regards
>> Roger Govier
>>
>> Mark D wrote:
>>> Hi Mike
>>>
>>> If E42 (end date) is prior (less than) I3 I want to put the cell blank
>>>
>>> Thanks again for your replies.

>> .

0
Roger

Excel 97 VBA Help File

multiple flyers per page?

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Removing multiple users from Outlook

Help, I cannot Save!

Multiple stacked bar charts

Dr Wilbers Montgomery 05/21/2010
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01CAFB6E.DEB1D090 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I'm trying different types of places to send thru. If this doesn't come thru I will call KTIS tomorrow and have them help me. I have been having a problem with them too... Sorry it's taking so long. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01CAFB6E.DEB1D090 Content-Type: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document; name="may21201...

Help Required

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

Multiple Simultaneous Outlook Sessions

Single click selects multiple cells

Invoice Numbers 10-27-07

printing multiple copies of Sigel GmbH

GP 10 AP Reconciliation Statement
Hi All, I have one query about the reconcile feature that is available in GP 10 to reconcile the AP and AR to GL. It has come to my notice when i take a recon statement for AP it does not match with the AP historical aged trail balance after taking into consideration the unmatched and potentially matched transactions. I have taken the AP smartlist for the given period and compared it with the transaction being displayed in the recon statement. What has come to my notice is the recon statement is not taking few transaction like invoice or payment for some reason. I faced this issue with almo...

Need HELP! for Linking data

Help with Registration

Help about numeric type field. Thanks.

HELP! Outlook POP3 problem(s)