Merge Problems

I'm not sure if this question should be in word or excel forums, so let me
know.  I have created a spreadsheet that pulls data from an excel sheet to
complete the merge in word.  One of the cells that transfers over is a
formula that
calculates a score.  I want the merge to show the number that's in the cell.
The cells are formatted to show through one decimal space.  When I merge
over, it shows the entire number that excel calculates.  I can't figure out
if I need to change the excel cells, or the word merge document to just show
the numbers through the first decimal.  Any help would be great.  If you need
the formula to see where to put it it's:

=IF('MidMod Grades+Att.'!H3="","",'MidMod Grades+Att.'!H3)

Thank you for any help.

You can change it in Word using Field Formatting

Or use a helper cell in Excel.

=TEXT(IF('MidMod Grades+Att.'!H3="","",'MidMod Grades+Att.'!H3),#,##0.0")

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 13:53:01 -0800, mdj0615
<mdj0615@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm not sure if this question should be in word or excel forums, so let me
>know.  I have created a spreadsheet that pulls data from an excel sheet to
>complete the merge in word.  One of the cells that transfers over is a
>formula that
>calculates a score.  I want the merge to show the number that's in the cell.
>The cells are formatted to show through one decimal space.  When I merge
>over, it shows the entire number that excel calculates.  I can't figure out
>if I need to change the excel cells, or the word merge document to just show
>the numbers through the first decimal.  Any help would be great.  If you need
>the formula to see where to put it it's:
>
>=IF('MidMod Grades+Att.'!H3="","",'MidMod Grades+Att.'!H3)
>
>Thank you for any help.

0
Gord
1/18/2010 10:14:17 PM
You can either tackle it at the Excel end, and use =IF('MidMod
Grades+Att.'!H3="","",TEXT('MidMod Grades+Att.'!H3,"#.0"))
or do the formatting in Word:

Mail merge Excel to Word:
  a.. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm
  b.. http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge
  c.. http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx
  d.. http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/CustomizingWord2002.htm
  e.. news:microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

--
David Biddulph

"mdj0615" <mdj0615@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm not sure if this question should be in word or excel forums, so let me
> know.  I have created a spreadsheet that pulls data from an excel sheet to
> complete the merge in word.  One of the cells that transfers over is a
> formula that
> calculates a score.  I want the merge to show the number that's in the
> cell.
> The cells are formatted to show through one decimal space.  When I merge
> over, it shows the entire number that excel calculates.  I can't figure
> out
> if I need to change the excel cells, or the word merge document to just
> show
> the numbers through the first decimal.  Any help would be great.  If you
> need
> the formula to see where to put it it's:
>
> =IF('MidMod Grades+Att.'!H3="","",'MidMod Grades+Att.'!H3)
>
> Thank you for any help.

0
David

Send folder problem
My send folder in Outlook 2003 shows that it contains 74 emails according to the properties tab. I have deleted all email in the send folder but it stills shows that there are emails in the folder. any ideas what would cause this problem would be appreciated. Do you have any filters on this folder that would hide some emails, such = as mail from the last 7 days? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Richard M...

Publisher 2003 graphics problem
I have a problem printing some graphics in Publisher 2003. Basically the images are being clipped. If I use a specific one as an example which is 3 images grouped and locked together, it prints Ok from Publisher 2000 and Publisher 2002. If I copy the graphic to Word 2003 it prints OK. But in Publisher 2003 one of the elements moves and other parts get clipped I have tried two printers myself, both Epson inkjets, and I get identical results. Someone else has tried on 3 different printers, and gets the same problem but with varying degrees of clipping or different elemnets move. I hav...

Problems with the Exchange Server
Does anyone know how to stop the Exchange server from going down everyday? What i am doing is re-booting the server and also re- starting one or more of the Microsoft Exchange services. Check your Event Viewer Application Log, look for any red Errors. What are some of the Event ID numbers? -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Jason" <jason.lawrie@lineone.net> wrote in message news:46f701c3e41c$0ac4e940$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to stop the Exchange server from > going down everyday? > > What i am doin...

Calculation Problem 12-05-09
If I delete the contents with this code: Private Sub cmdDeleteDailyRow1_Click() tbStartDate1.value = "" tbEndDate1.value = "" tbTotalDays1.value = "" cbDailyCharge1.value = "" tbDailyChargeRate1.value = "" tbDailyChargeAmount1.value = "" SubCalculate End Sub It deletes all the other daily charges 2,3,4,5,6 on Private Sub subSetInvoiceDetailsValues() is it something to do with "End If" Private Sub subSetInvoiceDetailsValues() CurrentProject.Conn...

Mail Merge with Word and Outlook 2000
One of my Outlook categories is "Christmas Cards". I mail merge the contacts in that category to Word in the following way: Mailing Name Company Mailing Address Because I do not want the address to start at the very left hand side of the label, I place these nearer to the middle at the set-up section. When the contacts are merged, only the name, company and first line of the mailing address are where I want them to be. The remainder of the mailing address is at the extreme left hand side. I tried correcting this by setting different margins in page setup but that did not work s...

Excel ver 10 "Encounters a Problem" on starting
G'day there Excel People, I'm posting this message to 2 groups, not because I expect one of them will ignore me, but because my ISP's newsgroup service can best be described as "sporadic". There are sometimes delays in updating the message list. I therefore apologise to those who get the same article twice. I'm currently using Office XP including Excel ver 10.0.6501.0. I've installed Office XP SP3. A few months back, Excel started giving the "Excel has encountered a problem" message on starting from a shortcut I'd set up. This shortcut ...

bank online update problems
Hi, I just upgraded to Money2007 and moved to the US. I was able to successfully add new bank account, Washington Mutual, from the list. However when I tried to setup the online services I get an error saying: "This account uses a different default currency than these statements. To add statements, go to this account's settings page, be sure it uses Advanced Register, change the default currency, and then provide your sign-in information again." I checked the account and indeed it was in Philippine Peso but I made the changes. I did everything it asked me to do but I keep on ...

Problem compacting or converting mdbs after changing from novel to
I am having a very strange issue while converting access 2000 db to access 2007 on a network drive after our company changed from novel to AD. When I run the compact a database.mdb file is created and the compact does not work. I understand that access creates this mdb then deletes the old and renames the database.mdb to the correct name. My issue is that I am not sure what permissions I needs to complete this. The only permissions I do not have are Full control, Change permissions and take ownership. This is really confusing me. thanks For testing, get Full control of the folder hold...

problem with primary key in schema
Hello all, I have a schema which includes the primary key for the table. The primary key was added by the VS XML Designer tool, but when I generate my typed dataset from it there is no findby method using the key. Any advice gratefully received.. An abbreviated version of the xsd follows: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <xs:schema id="TideStations" elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns="http://tempuri.org/XMLSchema1.xsd" xmlns:mstns="http://tempuri.org/XMLSchema1.xsd" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XM...

Am I missing something with mail merge?
I can't get a list of primary contacts. When I try to merge on Accounts it tries to use the Account.Email address instead. An thoughts?? Jake ...

Outlook problems after recovering Exchange Server.
Our Exhange Server 5.5 hard drive died, installed new drive and rebuilt exchange and restored mailboxes. Now in Outlook when you compose new message and click on "Contacts" an error pops up saying "the contacts list this folder is associated with has been removed ...etc". However you can edit your contacts from the main screen just fine. In fact when you are looking at the address books dialog it shows two contact address books, one works fine, the other gives the above error. Where do I find where Outlook is storing the link to this invalid contacts list? I have ...

How do I delete merged cells in Excel without deleting the final d
I have a column of dates that was formatted YY/MM/DD that I wanted formatted MM/DD/YY. I split the cells then recombined the 3 new columns into a 4th using the concatenate function. How do I delete the 3 columns without deleting the combined data in the 4th? Thanks, Mary First, if the data were really dates, you should be able to just format the cells the way you want. But if it's text that looks like data, you did ok! You can either hide the original columns and keep the concatenation formula --or convert the column of formulas to values (edit|copy, edit|paste spec...

Problem
Publisher 2003 beta with the latest upgrade: When I turn to a page (with grafics) in a document, the grafics are blinking - twinkling (I don?t knew the right word) twice, three times, sometimes ten times or more, and I can?t stop it. I also have the latest video driver. Has anybody else this problem? Berndt Hi Berndt, Is this in all .PUB files or only one? Was this publication created in this version or an earlier one? Do you get the same thing if you start Publisher 2003 in Office safe mode (hold ctrl key whey clicking the Publisher shortcut/icon)? ======= <<"Berndt H&q...

Help with configuration Problem
Upgraded to Outlook 2003 this morning. The old version was improperly configured to an MS Exchange server should have been POP3. The error is attempting to migrate to the new version of Outlook. Can someone tell me how to find the files that contain the old configuration so I can eliminate them before I reopen Outlook. Thanks. Run the Mail applet in Control Panel to create a new profile and make it your default. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumps...

from field upload file problem
www.icingpictures.co.uk win xp FP 2003 online order form url http://www.icingpictures.co.uk/online_order_form.htm Problems with online order form - upload files form field Everything on form works fine 100% except one aspect. Maximum file size it can upload. I can successfully upload up to 8 files simultaneously using the from providing the file sizes are small (under 2MB). If I try and upload either one file or a number of files and the combined size is around 2MB plus – I get a user name and password prompt – obviously customers using the form would not know this and th...

Problem sorting by column when 2 spreadsheets are combined.
I have 2 spreadsheets that have 2nd (B) column in common (Account Number) and have a different total number of columns. I want to be able to paste the 2nd spreadsheet's data to the end of the 1st spreadsheet and sort by column #2 (B) so that all rows become intermingled. However, when it sorts the combined report, it sorts the data from report 1 and report 2 separately even though they are combined on the same spreadsheet (as if it remembers which data came from which report). How can I force it to sort by column B for real and disregard the different number of columns in rows? You shoul...

Digital id ---problem
Hi all, I want to send a encrypted message from Outlook Express 5, but when I try to send it I get a message saying that "Outlook Express was not able to locate digital ids for the following receipient" and then I have to say cancel or Dont encrypt option. Can anyone please tell me how do I get the digital ids of the people I want to send a encryted mail to. Regards, Salina If encrypting both sender & recepient require the encryption key If Digital ID you will have to purchase, download and install. The ID will be linked to yr specific mail address. You might also get a...

mail merge wizard
I have created a newsletter for print but I am unable to mail merge the addresses. When I go to tool mail merge the mail merge wizard along with the insert fields options are greyed out. This is so frustrating. Can anyone help? By the way, if I open a blank document the mail merge wizard is available. Help! ...

sumproduct problem (another one)
I have to determine the weighted average of two arrays of cells. The one array (A) is 7 cells next to each other (in the same row) The other array (B) is 7 cells underneath each other (in the same column) On worksheet 1: The difficult part (for me) is that array (B) is dependend on the week number, ie. array (B) for week no. 1 are the cells CQ8:CQ14. For week no.2 the cells are: CQ15:CQ21 and so on. In cell C8 up to C14, I have the week no. 1 (the number "1" in each cell) In cell C15 up to C21, I have the week no. 2 And so on. On worksheet 2: In column A is the week...

Qwest ISP Problem
We have an e-mail problem. We use Qwest as our ISP for outgoing e-mail, and another ISP for incoming e-mail. Qwest recently made a change, and we are no longer able to send e-mail out. It has something to do with the fact that we are not using Qwest for incoming and outgoing e-mail. We are using Outlook 2000, and Exchange Server 5.5. We are getting the message 'no transport provider available to deliver the message to the recipient'. Does anyone know what to do to resolve this issue? Is there something that needs to be changed in the Exchange Server? I am not very proficient i...

Problems w/ Exchange 5.5 MTA
I am having some problems with my Exchange 5.5 MTA. Here is the configuration. Antivirus is configured correctly. Exchange 5.5 SP4 Windows 2000 SP4 This server is a bridgehead with Directory Replication Connectors, Site Connectors and an Internet Mail Connectors. Recently, users have been complaining about mail not going to their intended recipients. I created some test accounts on various servers and noticed that some mail made it, some did not. When I track the messages, they typically get received by the MTA but do not get forwarded on to a connector or another MTA. They just disapear...

Pivot Table
Hello. I have a pivot table that tracks my medical expenses and insurance benefits. The layout uses the "Provider" field as a PAGE filter, and so I can see which provider is being displayed when I choose their name from the list. However, there are times that I want to view the information for ALL providers. But when I choose the "ALL" selection from the list, I can no longer tell which information goes with which provider because the provider's name is not one of the fields listed in the "ROW" layout. I have tried to add the Provider field to both the P...

Mail Merge from Outlook
I am creating name tags with pictures. I would like to merge contacts from Outlook and alos use the picture in the contact profile, is this posible? What version Publisher? You might try the catalog merge or use the regular mail merge, convert to a publication in step 5 or 3 depending on the version. Once you do that you can insert the pictures and do a page setup for a name tag. Catalog Merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH010504381033.aspx Mail and Catalog Merge data sources used in Publisher http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP030713471033.aspx -- Mary Saue...

POP client configuration problems
I keep losing my pop mail server entry with Outlook 2003. The entry, pop.mail.yahoo.com keeps getting replaced with local host. The pop.mail.yahoo.com gets appended to the end of my user id. I can go in and reconfigure and send/receive mail OK, but I need to do this each time I use the product. I suspect this is a registry problem. It actually did the same thing with Outlook 2000, and problem persisted after upgrading. Any thoughts? Do you have an antivirus program running and set to scan incoming messages? If so, that's probably the cause of the localhost problem. Try temporar...

Hotmail backup / sync problem
I have a problem backing up my mails using outlook with hotmail. I copy the ..pst file for hotmail, store the file in a different folder with a different name (and .pst extension). Then I start outlook again, and using file->data file management; -I add the backed up file to the mail folders pane, in order to view the files. When I now delete a mail in the hotmail inbox in outlook, the backed up file is also deleted!! Horror! There seems to be some sync mechanism going on here, between the backed up .pst file and the hotmail account. First time I tries this, I realized that the mails were p...