match and sort two different tables

Column A has customer name, columns B,C,D has corresponding sales data for
that month.  Column E is blank.  Column F has has customer name.  Column
G,H,I has the same corresponding sales data for the next month.

Although Column A and F both have customer names, there are many changes
month over month with the addition and deletion of certain customers so the
rows do not match up exactly.  Is there a quick way to have the rows match up
according to customer names in column A and F and then sort them
alpabetically?

Maybe I'm missing something, but if customers are added/deleted from month
to month, how can the 2 lists match up?  Maybe some examples would help.
HTH  Otto

"yowzers" <yowzers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Column A has customer name, columns B,C,D has corresponding sales data for
> that month.  Column E is blank.  Column F has has customer name.  Column
> G,H,I has the same corresponding sales data for the next month.
>
> Although Column A and F both have customer names, there are many changes
> month over month with the addition and deletion of certain customers so
> the
> rows do not match up exactly.  Is there a quick way to have the rows match
> up
> according to customer names in column A and F and then sort them
> alpabetically?

0
Otto
2/3/2010 9:36:29 PM
Thanks for the response.  I hope the example below will clarify.

Currently my list looks like this:
Jan   Feb
A      A
B      C
D      D
F      E
H      F
L      G
M     H

I would like it to look like this:
Jan   Feb
A      A
D      D
F      F
H     H

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

> Maybe I'm missing something, but if customers are added/deleted from month
> to month, how can the 2 lists match up?  Maybe some examples would help.
> HTH  Otto
>
> "yowzers" <yowzers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Column A has customer name, columns B,C,D has corresponding sales data for
> > that month.  Column E is blank.  Column F has has customer name.  Column
> > G,H,I has the same corresponding sales data for the next month.
> >
> > Although Column A and F both have customer names, there are many changes
> > month over month with the addition and deletion of certain customers so
> > the
> > rows do not match up exactly.  Is there a quick way to have the rows match
> > up
> > according to customer names in column A and F and then sort them
> > alpabetically?
>
> .

insert data into table
Hi There, I'm using following code to insert data into my DB but it doesn't work: try { int tmp = 0; tmp = this.routeTableAdapter1.InsertRoute(Int32.Parse(this.DestNum.Text), this.Destination.Text, Int32.Parse(this.LineNum.Text)); MessageBox.Show("inserted " + tmp.ToString() + " elements into the route table."); MessageBox.Show("Update() returns: " + routeTableAdapter1.Update(myPID_DB_DataSet).ToString()); myPID_DB_DataSet.AcceptChanges();...

MBS 9.0 table changes
Does anyone know if there have been changes to MBS 9.0 Payroll and HR tables? Thank you. Hi Robert Yes, there have been changes to both HR and US Payroll tables. Please look in the SDK (Software Developers Kit) for details. The SDK can be installed from the Tools\SDK folder of CD 2 of the Microsoft Dynamics GP install CDs. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com Any views contained within are my personal views and not...

How do I print the odd numbered pages in a two sided printing job.
I made a 34 page booklet in microsoft Publisher and set to print two sided which meants I'd have to insert the pages manually after the first side printed. All went well printing the first side (2 pages to each 8.5 x 11 sheet) and I got the prompt showing me how to put the pages back into the printer to print the other side, however, due to another issue, I had to turn the computer off before I could print. Now how do I get back to that "two sided printing" prompt so I can insert the stack into the printer to print the sequence on the back of the pages properly for the b...

Adding tables from MS Word document
I had someone send me a article we're using in a newsletter that has a table. The article is done in MS Word. How can I easily add the document and keep the table looking the same as it does in the MS Word doc?? Did you try copy and paste? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Steve Grosz" <boise_bound@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uTfwiw8SIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I had someone send me a article we're using in a newsletter that has a >table. The article is done i...

Help with updating tables in many-to-many relationship
Hi, I am working on a database that contains a many-to many relationship. I created an intermediate (linked) table between the two primary tables. I have a Form1 that displays the info from Table1 and a control to open a Form2 that displays records from Table2 that match the Table1 record. Everything works great for displaying and editing information on Form2 except for when I try to add records. I don't seem to have the right code to update the Linked Table. Does anyone have some sample code that works? My tables include the following: Table1 Table2 ...

Resize the Data table in the Pivot chart.
I have a prepared a chart where there are count of 15-20 items displayed in the chart and I have also shown the data table for the same. But the data table do not fit in all teh 15-20 items. Could some one help in with a method where I can fit all the data in the data table along with the chart. Earliest help much appreciate. Regars GS Hi, You have very little control of data tables - your only solutions are to make the font size smaller, and to enlarge the entire chart. I recommend you place the equivalent of a data table below the chart, in the spreadsheet, where you have 100% contro...

Run 2 instances of Outlook each with a different profile at the same time?
G'Day, Env: Outlook 2002 I have 2 user profiles on the same box. Is it possible to start up 2 seperate instances of outlook one for each profile? --D No. If this is a Windows XP PC, I suppose you could do this with Fast User Switching, however. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Donovan J. Edye" <donovan@edye.wattle.id.au> wrote in message news:OV35b%23rWEHA.3716@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > G'Day, > > Env: Outlook 2002 > >...

Populating tables
I am creating an engineering database to track drawing changes. I have several tables that should link by an "ECN" number. I am trying to create an input form where on the main form I enter a new ECN, a date and an Originator. In the sub form I want to populate the part numbers descriptions revioion letters and drawing numbers ( this is in separate tables). Am having trouble geting this to work. Can anyone offer guidance? Thanx Tom ...

pivot table filters
Hi, I have a pivot table and i would like to clear the filters because everytime new data comes into the pivot table, in the filter is displayed results from previous data in the pivot table. I have tried to 'clear filters' but this doesn't seem to work, is there another way? thanks Hi Take a look at http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html -- Regards Roger Govier "Dal" <Dal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3740113F-223B-4594-ACD9-54AA9E6A1A8E@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a pivot table and i would like to clear the filters b...

searching multiple tables
I have a access database i have programmed and used for years. I have divided it up to have company data for each year. So each year has a MDB file with data table, multiple search queries, and a interface to click on particular queries. The data base has first name, last name,tracking number, date, and item description. I the past, i have just clicked on this years file and could search that year. What i tried to do was move data tables from past years into a new MDB file and put in a new search quires. Some of the names may be the same as does the item type. The tracking ...

have the same user name for different companies
My environment is two servers, one Win2003 DC-GC, second is Exchange 2003 with all current SP. I am hosting 5 companies on same Exch 2003 server. I set a Virtual HTTP server for each company domain so that each company can log on using their own FQDN (mail.company.com). Under Exchange Path, I selected Mailboxes for SMTP domain, and selected their UPN suffix. For recipient policies, I am only assigning each company their own FQDN, not the main Exchange Organization. All users are successfully logging on using their full email address and password. (Windows 2000 logon is problematic due t...

Out of sorts
Robert & Dave, Rec'd your info, thank you, however, I need to sort on three columns at the each time. PM (Always) Number (Always) then the user can select which sort they would like from there: 1.) Date 2.) Status 3.) Client Is this possible? I appreciate your expertise and assistance with Excel. Thank you. Mary You have a response at the other thread. Mary wrote: > > Robert & Dave, > Rec'd your info, thank you, however, I need to sort on three columns at the > each time. > > PM (Always) > Number (Always) > then the user can select which sort ...

receiving error "id" is not an index in this table error 3800.
When trying to access a table in a exsisting database, I get a error box stating "id is not an index in this table. Accessing the help button for this error. The statement of Error 3800 is displayed. Does anyone know how to clear this up? Is it a failure with Access or the state of the database? EveryCreatureCounts wrote: >When trying to access a table in a exsisting database, I get a error box >stating "id is not an index in this table. Accessing the help button for >this error. The statement of Error 3800 is displayed. Does anyone know how to >clear thi...

Writing user friendly error message in Access for specific SQL Server table error
Hello, I have several forms using data stored in SQL Server tables. When a user enters duplicate information, I get the Access error message that says (correctly) "The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values...etc.". I would like this message to say "The contact information you entered already exists. Please choose this contact from the contact list and add or modify information as needed." I am not using OnError to do this because if there is another problem that causes an error message to occur, I don...

How do I change column widths within idividual tables on the same.
I'm using xl 2000. I want to place several tables on the same worksheet. Is it possible to change column widths of a table without affecting the column width of the other tables. Hi! If the tables are one on top of the other, no. Both column width and row height are constant for the entire column or row. A possible workaround would be to merge cells but that has disadvantages. Biff >-----Original Message----- >I'm using xl 2000. I want to place several tables on the same worksheet. Is >it possible to change column widths of a table without affecting the column...

Compare two lists
I have 2 columns of ref numbers and I need to compare the 2 columns so that I can identify the items in column 1 that are not in col 2. What is the best way to tackle this problem. Bob Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#InOneNotOther -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Box 666 wrote: > I have 2 columns of ref numbers and I need to compare the 2 columns > so that I can identify the items in column 1 that are not in col 2. > > What is the best way to tackle this problem. > > BobH Thanks Frank just what I was looking for. Bob "Frank Kabel...

Football leagueprediction table in excel
Every year my work colleagues and I do a Premier league football prediction game, in that you have to predict the final league table i.e Arsenal 1st, Chelsea 2nd etc Points are awarded for how accurate peoples predictions are i.e 5 points for spot on, 4 points for one away, 3 points for 2 away etc. I've been doing the calculations by hand but it's a time consuming business. How would it be done on excel? I assume that you have to assign values to the actual league Arsenal=1, Chelsea=2 etc and values to the forecast then do a sum of the differences, but how? TIA Dave Lester ...

Data table without graoh details
hi I am using a 100% stacked column graph to show the details of % late against % on-time delivered, for each week. To obtain these figures I had the, total delivered and late delivered volumes and did the necessary sums. Q. how do I show the late and delivered volumes as well as the precentages in the Data Table below the chart, but only show the required 100% stack chart for % late against % on-time Help appricaiated Regards Brian -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-chart/200806/1 You could format the unwanted series so as to hide them ...

retrospectively apply different margin to r and l page
Is there any way to retrospectively apply different margins to r & l pages of a large document (80 odd pages already) - the publication will be bound in such a way that this is necessary. If so as the margins change is there an easy way to ensure that everything else on the page will move with the margin? You might be better off saving the document as a Word file. Then import the text back into Publisher with the new margins. Create a text box, right-click, click change text, click text file, browse to the file you just made. If you don't want to do that, try this: Are the...

Pivot Table (Running averages)
Using a pivot table I need to create a running average of values for the last 10 days. It's easy to display the averages for each day and filter off everything but the last 10 days BUT... I can't get a running average working. The goal is to develop a dynamic graph/chart that shows the average with a trend line for the running average to see if things are improving. There is a built in function for running totals but I need the average of the previous numbers not the totals. I am somewhat familiar with calculated fields but am not smart enough to pull it all together to make th...

Pivot Table Error...Help!
Hi, I have created numerous pivot tables in my workbook. The refres function was working fine. A couple fo days have passed and now when go to refresh the tables i get the attached error. does anyone know how to fix this? thanks +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: pivot.jpg |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=2677 +------------------------------------------------------------------- -- molavi11 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mo...

cannot open a table by todays date
Hi Can anyone point me in the right direction here, I would like to open a table in access 2003 by date. I have an asp web page which needs to read data from a table with each days today's date (which ever day that is) then a new table is created with today's date. Example: I have a table called 17-may-2007 my ASP page reads this table for 24hours then tomorrow (12:00 midnight 18th) I will have a new table called 18-may-2007 and the old table is left behind (As 17-may-2007) so I need my sql statement to automatically open table by today's date. This is what I have so far but it...

Default Weight in Pivot Table Charts keeps getting reset
Hi, I have created a Pivot Table chart and I am using basic line chart to display the data...I would like to make the line weight 2 points heavier than the standard but each time I select new values from the Pivot Table chart it resets to the default....where do you set this to remain at the values entered... Any help appreciated.... Scott ...

Can I retrieve e-mail sorted into folders from my internet mail?
I am setting up Outlook for the first time. I have a web-based email portal (paid subscription) that I have been using, and I have been storing my email in folders on the server. I have re-created each folder in Outlook--but is there a way to mass-import the emails into the correct folders? I don't want to have to put all of those e-mails into the inbox and then re-sort them! Spock_Rocks <Spock_Rocks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am setting up Outlook for the first time. I have a web-based email > portal (paid subscription) that I have been using, and I have ...

Two New Addons?
I was just wondering if any companies had already created addons like the following: 1. Returns... it'd be nice to have a Custom POS button that you can click and it immediately asks for the order number. You can then scan or type in the order number, and the order will be recalled. Instead of bringing all of the items up with negative quantities, show a window that allows the cashier to check off the items they would like to return (and then load only those items with negative quantities, but still retaining discounts/price changes/etc.) This will save the step of the cashier having to s...