Link Drop Down with Pivot Table

Hi

I'm using MS Excel 2003 and need a solution regarding link my drop down list
with my pivot table.

Query :
I have created a drop down list in which month can be selected and wanted to
link with pivot table in which month wise team count is displayed for a
selected month. Presently I'm drag n drop the month in pivot table and its
shows the count. But this exercise I have to do every time when I need the
report.
Is it possible that I have select the month from my drop down list (created
in same sheet) and pivot table shows the data related to that month.

Please help me.

------------------------------
Thanks
Nitesh
------------------------------

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 04:34:01 -0800, Nitesh
<Nitesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I'm using MS Excel 2003 and need a solution regarding link my drop down list
>with my pivot table.
>
>Query :
>I have created a drop down list in which month can be selected and wanted to
>link with pivot table in which month wise team count is displayed for a
>selected month. Presently I'm drag n drop the month in pivot table and its
>shows the count. But this exercise I have to do every time when I need the
>report.
>Is it possible that I have select the month from my drop down list (created
>in same sheet) and pivot table shows the data related to that month.
>
>Please help me.
>

>------------------------------
>Thanks
>Nitesh
>------------------------------

  You can make a link INSTEAD of the month list in your dropdown table,
THEN you can put an alternate text identifier on the link, so it reads
"January", but links to "you_link_here".

 So, you define a link in the January location, then do the remaining
links where you once had the month texts.  Then edit the links so that
they show up as the text word January. It will be underlined, and will be
a link, but so will your drop downs.

  Now, whether or not a link in a cell that has a drop down selector
attached to it will actually allow you to 'hit' the link is another
question.

  Tested: Copies the assigned text from the link, but not the fact that
it is a link, and it fails.

  New method using vlookup:

Still can't get it.
0
CellShocked
2/25/2010 5:41:03 AM
On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 04:34:01 -0800, Nitesh
<Nitesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I'm using MS Excel 2003 and need a solution regarding link my drop down list
>with my pivot table.
>
>Query :
>I have created a drop down list in which month can be selected and wanted to
>link with pivot table in which month wise team count is displayed for a
>selected month. Presently I'm drag n drop the month in pivot table and its
>shows the count. But this exercise I have to do every time when I need the
>report.
>Is it possible that I have select the month from my drop down list (created
>in same sheet) and pivot table shows the data related to that month.
>
>Please help me.
>

>------------------------------
>Thanks
>Nitesh

  One would think that you can make dynamic range names for the data for
each month, and then reference the named range when you create the pivot
table.

  At least I would want that ability.  Whether the pivot table wizard or
parameter definition dialogs allow that or not, I do not know.  Sure
seems like such a capability would be a nice feature.
0
CellShocked