Keyboard shortcut for current date and time

Hi,

Ctrl+ ; inserts current date and Ctrl+Shift+; inserts current ti me

Ctrl+Shift+; inserts the current time with the date serial as 0 and
not the current date's date serial.

Presently I am adding the two (ie current date and time) to get the
current date and time. Is there a keyboard shortcut that does this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Raj
0
Raj

CTRL+; then SPACE then CTRL+SHIFT+;
-or-
=Now()
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon  USA

"Raj" <rspai9@gmail.com>
wrote in message
Hi,
Ctrl+ ; inserts current date and Ctrl+Shift+; inserts current time.
Ctrl+Shift+; inserts the current time with the date serial as 0 and
not the current date's date serial.

Presently I am adding the two (ie current date and time) to get the
current date and time. Is there a keyboard shortcut that does this?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Raj
0
Jim

Need to filter more than one date
Excel 2003/XP I have an Excel sheet that has numerous rows and columns that I want to filter by 3 dates. I can use AutoFilter and filter one date but the others won't show up. I don't want to show the entire worksheet. Please advise. Thank you. Hi this can be achived using advanced filtering - check out http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html for details -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "HT" <asfafd@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23NMctcOSFHA.3144@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > E...

how do i insert todays date in a spread sheet just prior to print
wish to have excel automatically add date to same cell in spread sheet every time it is opened. hi, enter the formula =today() -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "wayne h" wrote: > wish to have excel automatically add date to same cell in spread sheet every > time it is opened. Your body description is at odds with your subject line. Which is correct? Before Printing or when workbook is opened? You choose. ...

Time conversion #7
When i download imformation from the internet the time format is in mm:ss.00, how can i convert that to ss.oo, ie: 1m58s.05 to 118.05 or 0m57s.15 to 57.15. Any help would be welcomed Format/Cells/Number/Custom [ss].00 In article <010F5974-3002-4D5F-A87A-2BA4758353AD@microsoft.com>, "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When i download imformation from the internet the time format is in mm:ss.00, > how can i convert that to ss.oo, ie: 1m58s.05 to 118.05 or 0m57s.15 to 57.15. > Any help would be welcomed ...

date and time difference
A | B | C | D | E 1| 12/09/04 | 3:45 PM | 05/15/06 | 1:00 AM | 2| 3| 4| 5| Log for short and long term visits. Colums A&B being start date and time in that format Colums C&D being end date and time. Need E1 to = total duration in Format YY/MM/DD HH:MM And E5 to = total of E1:E4 in the Format YY/MM/DD HH:MM Please help, been at this problem for weeks now. E got cut off should be at the end. "Stumped" wrote: > A | B | C | ...

Getting date/time of HTTP file
Hi, is there any way of getting details (such as last modified/ created date/time) of a file located on the web? E.g I'd like to know when the file "http://www.myWebSite.com/ update.txt" was last created/modified. I'm *guessing* I can use CHttpResponse to get some "Last-Modified" value, but I've found it very difficult to get come clear cut code on how to do so. Many thanks for any help, Tony. baker_tony <baker_tony@hotmail.com> wrote in comp.lang.c++: > Hi, is there any way of getting details (such as last modified/ > created > date/time...

Default sort for Due Date on Home Page
I have several users (Telemarketers) that are tired of having to sort their Activities on the Home Page everytime they navigate there. By default, the Activities on the Home Page are not sorted. Any supported way to set this? Thanks! --Dodd no supported way to do this. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Dodd" <Dodd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9670E2FB-0D25-4112-80E9-AB42C71FDEE8@microsoft.com... > I have several users (Telemarketers) that are tired of having to sort their > Activities on the Home Page everytime th...

help! Error: The XML element is already in the current scope...
"The XML element 'EnableTheming' from namespace 'http://tempuri.org/' is already present in the current scope" I created a Web Service: I imported System.Data.SqlClient so I could access SQL server tables programmatically. The web service builds and deploys with no problems. When I try to add the corresponding Web Reference to the Web Site project I get the error listed below. I am able to create other Web Services on the same server and I am able to add Web Referneces to them. I have narrowed it down to the "Imports System.Data.SqlClient" statement, I thi...

Business Portal time sheets
I am unable to access my time sheets for Canadian Payroll using the Business Portal. I get the error message "You are not authorized to view this page" I assume that its a security issue but thought I had given the appropriate level of security. Appreciate any help or suggestions frank -- Vancouver, Canada Frank: We are experiencing the same issue. When we first discovered it, one thing we noticed, is that if you have more than one company, check to verify that the company you're viewing is in fact the company you're assigned to as an Employee. Check the drop down ...

vacation, sick time not on pay checks
I am having a problem with the vacation/sick and holiday hours are not posting to the payroll checks correctly. The totals in the HR module are correct but when the payroll checks print the totals do not change. We are on 10.0 and I do have the "print available time on checks" button marked. I have reconciled several times and now there are no hours listed and it does not update after accruing. Employees now show negative hours. Please help. Thanks Cheryl I'm wondering where the "print available time on checks" button is? Do you have a 3rd party module ins...

How do I open to a specific worksheet every time?
I have a workbook with a large number of wooksheets, but I want to open to the same one each time. I have closed the file while on this worksheet, but it always opens to another one (about midway). I thought I used tools/options in the past for this, but can't seem to find a way in Excel 2003 to accomplish this. Can anyone assist? Thank you. Hi you can use a workbook_open macro to ensure that the same sheet is opened every time e.g. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheets("Index").Activate Range("A1").Activate End Sub --- to use this code, right mouse cl...

After concatenating data, how do I get Excel to recognise date?
I have used the "concatenate" function to put together data from 4 separate columns to form a date & time entry in the next column (the original 4 columns came from a .cvs file) on the basis of dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm format. I have defined the destimation column for 'Custom' Cell Format using the dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm choice. But Excel does not recognise the information as date & time, BUT, if I press the Return Key on each individual cell, then Excel does recognise the contents as a date & time. Then I can go on to chart my results on a timeline (the whole purpose o...

Service not responding in a timely fashion (error 1053)
Hi, While starting a windows NT service, a dialog box pops up indicating that "The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion" (error 1053) My service takes around 2-3 mins to start. In my code I continuously update the status of my service using the dwWaitHint and dwCheckPoint variables with SetServiceStatus API. I made sure that the values are updated properly with the SCM using "sc query <service_name>" command. Service does gets started after all the initialization is completed. Problem is: Can I get rid of that pop up error dia...

Archive thrown off by modification date
We are running Exchange 2003, and Outlook 2003 in cached mode. We are trying to impose storage limits on the user mailboxes, and encourage the users to use AutoArchive within Outlook to help keep their mailboxes clean. Some users have noticed that certain messages are not archiving as expected. In looking into this, we've discovered that many e-mail messages have a recent "Modified" date, and so they are not archived. For example, several messages from a month or two ago, have a modified date of yesterday. Many of these messages are modified at the exact same date and time. These...

ShortCut Key question
I know that Ctl-X is a ShortCut Ket to "Cut" something out of a Document and Ctl-C is "Copy" and they both put what ever the Cut or Copied onto the Clipboard but what if you Ctl-=X (cut) and then Ctl-C (copy) and then paste it into anthoer email... of course the last thing (the copied) will be pasted... How can you go back and get the item that you "Cut"? I tried this and I can not see the "Cut" information on the Clipboard.... is it Lost or any way to retrieve it? I had a user ask me this and never really knew the process, just thought everythi...

Filter for time elapsed between 2 columns
I have Planned Start Time And Actual Start Time I only want to return records where the Planned Start Time is equal to or less than 48 hours from the Actual Start Time Thanks for your help I assume that this time fields include also the date, other wise you can't know the different between two times unless they are both on the same day, which mean up to 24 houres In the query create another column that calculate the different between the two fields HoursDiff: DateDiff("h",[Start Time],[Actual Start Time]) That will return the different in hours, under that field create t...

CALCULATE DATE AND TIME
hOW DO i calculate the total time between two columns that contain a date and a time. Just subtract one from the other. If you want it in hours, format it as [h]:mm. If you want days and it will not exceed 31 days, format it as d hh:mm:ss. If it can be more than 31 days you will need something like =(INT(A1-B1)-(MOD(A1,1)>MOD(B1,1))&" days ")&TEXT(MOD(MOD(B1,1)-MOD(A1,1),1),"hh:mm") -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Pam C" <PamC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78112373-65A9-450D-...

daylight saving start time in CDateTimeCtrl
it seems a bug of CDateTimeCtrl: when I set "2004/4/4 2:00" (which is daylight saving start time) to it, it always shows "2004/4/4 1:00". But when I set "2003/10/26 2:00" to it, it shows "2003/10/26 2:00". We've been using CEdit control for all the date/time fields in our project's GUI. one of the screen has a field for users to view/set the daylight saving start/end time. We're thinking of replace CEdit with CDateTimeCtrl to make it easier for users to edit date/time, and this "2004/4/4 1:00" just create confusion. ...

Payment due date notification
I have the 2004 Standard Edition and I miss its ability to notify me (by popup or email) when a due date for a payment comes up. I usually don't run Money unless I need to enter something in it, so sometime I miss payments that I have to mail or handle outside of Money. Is there a version that provides such notification capability? Thanks, RP MoneyExpress was pretty broken right up until the removed it with M07. In M07 or M+ (can't recall which) they added back in a thing called Money Insights. I think it purports to do the same kinds of things but I'm not sure it will p...

Imported dates have month first.
I have imported some dates. They are in the mm/dd/yy format. Half of the cells, excel recognizes as dates(days under 12 used as months), and the other dates as text(13 and above). My dates are in column A: 10/06/24 Cell B1 has the formula: =LEN(A1) Cell C1 has the formula: =IF(LEN(A1)=5,A1,DATE(RIGHT(A1,4),LEFT(A1,2),MID(A1,4,2))) This works for the text cells, but it doesn't reverse the date cells. I think I got this formula from this newsgroup, but I can't find it. Any help would be great. Joe If you're importing the data from a text file (.txt), then you should be able to ju...

Text date to date
Is there a function that will convert text dates (month, year) JULY, 2009 AUGUST, 2009 SEPTEMBER, 2009 to this: 7/1/2009 8/1/2009 9/1/2009 Thanks. You can use: =--SUBSTITUTE(A1,","," 1,") And then format the cell the way you like M/D/YYYY (and even convert the formula to values if you want to delete the original data) T2B wrote: > > Is there a function that will convert text dates (month, year) > > JULY, 2009 > AUGUST, 2009 > SEPTEMBER, 2009 > > to this: > > 7/1/2009 > 8/1/2009 > 9/1/2009 > > Thanks. -- Dave Peterson ...

Charting dates
I would like to display the dates I have entered in two columns as a graphical representation each month. (bar chart etc) Could someone help? Specifically, I have two columns, one for start date and one for end date. I would like a colored bar for each entry from start to end so I can look at the month and see conflicts graphically TI Kev Jon Peltier's site has links to several sources of instructions for creating a Gantt (timeline) chart. http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html Kev wrote: > I would like to display the dates I have entered in two col...

To goup in each month on date column
I am using office 2007 and I have an excel sheet with the following Date OS 2/1/2009 200.30 2/1/2009 300.00 3/2/2009 400.00 5/2/2009 600.00 How I can group the excel to know outstanding in each month. To group January os and February os and so on.... Please help with thanks and Regards Try =SUMPRODUCT((TEXT(A2:A10,"mmyyyy")="022009")*(B2:B10)) with the date in cell C1 =SUMPRODUCT((TEXT(A2:A10,"mmyyyy")=TEXT(C1,"mmyyyy")*(B2:B10)) -- Jacob "pol" wrote: > I ...

Selecting a date value from two fields
I have a table with two date fields: one an unconfirmed date scheduled upto 3 years in advance, and a confirmed date which is entered nearer the appointment time. I need to be able to run a report showing either: the unconfirmed date if no confirmed date is entered, or the confirmed date if it is available. I need to keep the two dates as I also need to show how many appointments were done early or late, compared to the advance-scheduled date. How do I do this. I have struggled through and can't make it work. ...

Converting Date 03/01/2010 into a simple Month
Is there a way to convert a numeric date 03/01/2010 into a single month function? I have a worksheet that pulls in data from another worksheet, and column A has a numeric date of 03/01/2010. Want to put a statement in column B or where that only shows the month instead of the whole date field. One way... A1 = a date like 03/01/2010 B1 formula: For the short month name like Mar =TEXT(A1,"mmm") For the long month name like March =TEXT(A1,"mmmm") -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Kennedy" <Kennedy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Date & Control Button Focus
I have a form that has the calendar in it and 3 buttons that represent 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift. We input up to 50 forms per day. The forms may be entered the next day. The calendar will always go to todays date because of the code Now() used. How do I make the date stay at the last date that was enetered? How do I make the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift buttons stay at last shift selected after data has been entered? This would allow the data entry person not to have to change date or shift if forms are grouped together. default values -- Hi Bill, "The calendar will always go to t...