Keyboard shortcut for current date and time

Hi,

Ctrl+ ; inserts current date and Ctrl+Shift+; inserts current ti me

Ctrl+Shift+; inserts the current time with the date serial as 0 and
not the current date's date serial.

Presently I am adding the two (ie current date and time) to get the
current date and time. Is there a keyboard shortcut that does this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Raj
0
Raj

CTRL+; then SPACE then CTRL+SHIFT+;
-or-
=Now()
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon  USA

"Raj" <rspai9@gmail.com>
wrote in message
Hi,
Ctrl+ ; inserts current date and Ctrl+Shift+; inserts current time.
Ctrl+Shift+; inserts the current time with the date serial as 0 and
not the current date's date serial.

Presently I am adding the two (ie current date and time) to get the
current date and time. Is there a keyboard shortcut that does this?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Raj
0
Jim

Age Calculation with 2 different dates
Hello All: I am relatively new at creating databases and I have hit a snag creating a database for retirees. One of the fields that I have on my form is called "Retiree Age" I figured out how to get Access to only calculate the age up to the DOD for the retiree. However, not every retiree has a DOD. If this is the case then I need the age to be calculated at now. I am figuring that that is a complex if statement but I haven't figured out how to word it correctly. This is what I really want it to do: If Retiree DOD=Null then subtract Retiree DOD from Now, but if Retiree DO...

Formatting the month of a date
Hello there, I'm extracting the month of a date in a query using Month(date). Since the criteria is for the query to show the records where the month matches the month selected in a combo box (which has the months in letters), I need to add some formating function to Month(date) so that the month in reference shows in letters (like "November") instead of the number ("11"). Thanks! On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 15:21:01 -0800, Alejandro wrote: > Hello there, > > I'm extracting the month of a date in a query using Month(date). Since the > criteria is for th...

Exchange 5.5 offline defrag time frame??
Any idea how long an offline defrag of a 52Gb priv.edb may take? 4hours or 4 days??Thanks. It depends on the amount of white space as well as the size of the transactions recorded in the database. You will be essentially copying all readable data from one database into a new structure in the second, then copying an entire database back (so treat that like a 50+ GB file copy). Typically, PSS provides a conservative 5 - 7 GB per hour for a defrag operation - this will be faster on top of the line hardware and slower on underpowered machines. For a 52 GB store defragging locally, I'd all...

Auto date

Is there a way to automatically add sequential dates in excell?
Is there a way to automatically add sequential dates to a spreadsheet? For example, creating a spreadsheet for recording rental income, typing in each month manually or is there a function that will automatically fill the cells with the months of the year? genectn, select the cell with your first data, move your mouse over the right bottom corner of the cell, where the little black box is at, you mouse will change to a + sign, RIGHT click and drag down, when you let go of the mouse you will get some options, pick fill months -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something ne...

How do I view custom keyboard shortcuts?
How do I view the custom keyboard shortcuts that I have already established. I remember in 2003 there was a way to use the macro interface to get a listing of all keyboard short cuts -- including the ones that I customized. I cannot find this information for 2007. Go to the Print dialog (Ctrl-P), and in the lower-left "Print what" dropdown, choose "Key assignments." Print it to pdf -- it makes a very spaciously laid out two-column table of your custom key assignments (it doesn't include the standard ones). On Jan 6, 4:44=A0pm, jrr <j...@discussions.mic...

If I get 'access denied' one more time with Vista I am going to go to Linux : I hate Vista, I despise Vista. I absolutely hate Vista!
From a 17 year user of windows. I no longer trust Microsoft and will not buy Windows 7, maybe never. "U S Army Veteran" <someone@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7Wdnfh2e4m3HYPWnZ2dnUVZ_tWdnZ2d@giganews.com... > From a 17 year user of windows. I no longer trust Microsoft and will not > buy Windows 7, maybe never. Sounds like you are too stupid to use Windows. You are a perfect candidate for that crappy Ubuntu. Get with Alias, he will be happy to get another user. Don't let the screen door hit your ass on the way out On Tue, 08 Dec 2...

Move to a specific cell on exit of current
I'd like to move to a specific cell on exit of the current cell. Can do this? Thanks -- jafo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jafo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2459 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38184 Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Range("B3").Select End Sub Put this in the appropriate sheet module. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com/ ------------------------------------------- "jafo1" <jafo1.1r41ms_111958238...

Custom Control: Image from resource at design time
I have developed a small (composite) custom control. One of the child controls (and the only one visible) is an asp:image. I have embedded the image as a resource in the Custom Control dll. At runtime I set the ImageUrl in onLoad using "Page.ClientScript.GetWebResourceUrl" This works fine but the image will not display when in the designer. if I hard code the ImageUrl pointing to the image which I also have in my web site project it will show correctly in designer. But this is of course no a good design because it will not display the icon (at design time) if the fil...

Determining number of weeks between dates
Hello all, wonder if anyone can help me out with this question. In database I need to say how many weeks are left between two dates. Fo example 21/05/04 and 31/03/05. Anyone have any ideas how to do this Any help much appreciated -- goonboy17 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- goonboy175's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2533 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38810 How accurate do you want it? You could simply subtract one from the other and divide by 7 e.g =(A1/B1)/7 -- ...

Excel/Handspring Visor/ Time Sheet/ Hot Sync/ How to
Generally in the subject line I wish to create a time sheet in Excel that I can place on my Handspring Visor Deluxe. Use the PDA to record tasks planned and unplanned and time consumed. At the end of the day transfer the in field data to Excel on PC. "=?Utf-8?B?SGFyZEhhdEJvYg==?=" <BobV01@hotmail.com> wrote in news:56211C9C-635E-4633-826E-732F808EA033@microsoft.com: > I wish to create a time sheet in Excel that I can place on my > Handspring Visor Deluxe. Use the PDA to record tasks planned and > unplanned and time consumed. At the end of the day transfer the in >...

more about time stamping
Can I make a current time stamp in a cell that is triggered by checkin a box? Thanks, Lane Also...the time must remain as it was when entered, [not =now()] -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Lane, Add this code to the sheet code module. Duble-clicking coilumn A will put the date in column B Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) With Target If .Column = 1 Then If .Value = "" Then .Value = "a" .Font.Name = "Marlett" .Offset(0, ...

Calculate time till my Holiday
I want to calculate the time till my holiday in days,hours,minutes and seconds. I've got this formula from internet it works well, but i want to get my breakes out of it. How do I do this? Thanks in advance! STARTTIME= 07:30:00 FIRST_BREAK= 09:30:00 END_FIRST_BREAK= 09:45:00 SECOND_BREAK= 12:30:00 END_sECOND_BREAK= 13:00:00 ENDTIME= 16:15:00 LAST_WORKDAY_2004= 23-07-2004 =IF(INT(TODAY())=INT(LAST_WORKDAY_2004);ROUND(24*(LAST_WORKDAY_2004-TODAY());2);(24*((ENDTIME-STARTTIME))*(MAX(NETWORKDAYS(TODAY()+1;LAST_WORKDAY_2004-1;0);0)+INT(24*(((LAST_WORKDAY_2004-INT(LAST_WORKDAY_2004))-(TODA...

Convert dates stored as text
I have Excel 2007 in English, but I sometimes receive data that comes from another applicationes, so dates are stored as text because they come in following format: dd/mm/yyyy. And I have the format mm/dd/yyyy. So, in the same column, I have dates stored as dates, and dates stored as text. Which is the easiest way to convert them all to date format? Thanks in advance. Regards, Emece.- Be careful. I'd bet that those values that come in as real dates aren't what the original data represent. For instance, if you have two values: 25/12/2010 and 01/02/2010 The...

Date Question...
I am trying to create a query to give me the results from the first weds of each month back to the following day after weds. Having trouble formatting the Date function. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks David Create a table CountNumber with field CountNUM containing numbers 0 (zero) through 6. SELECT YourTable.* FROM CountNumber, YourTable WHERE ((([SomeDate]) Between (Date()-Day(Date())+1)+[CountNUM] And (Date()-Day(Date())+1)+[CountNUM]-6) AND ((DatePart("w",(Date()-Day(Date())+1)+[CountNUM]))=4)); -- Build a little, test a little. &q...

date problem--excel changing entry
I want date to show as 11/05/03 and not have to enter the / or a -. Have formatted cells to date and that but excel ix changing to a totally different date----7/19/06? You could use a macro that converts numeric entries to dates. Chip Pearson has shared his: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Or if you're consistent (leading 0's for days and months), you could format the column(s) as text, do your data entry and then use data|text to columns to convert them to real dates (choose mdy as the field type). D Blount wrote: > > I want date to show as 11/05/03 and...

Automatically update charts for only the most current 12 months?
I am trying to update 8 different charts in one workbook. The charts are based off of one table that is a running total for 1997-2005 and is continually being updated monthly. The charts only show the most current 12 months. How can I make the charts get updated automatically. The data is entered in column by column. See Dynamic Charts http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html particularly example 2 -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <6F0602...

save file with tdays date.
Is it possible to set a macro to save a file handle as "real_text_dddd, mm/dd/yy" with the dates populated to the current date? You can't use the slash character as part of a file name (if that is, in fact, what you mean by "file handle"), so you will have to use a different character for it in your filename. You can use the VB Format function to create the date part of your file name; you can use VB's Date or Now function as the argument for the Format function as they both contain the current date (The Now function also returns the time as well as the date, ...

How do I mark a date on a calendar by placing an X on the date
I am publishing a calendar in Publisher and need to place an X on certain dates to mark them. Is there an easy way to do that? henry wrote: > I am publishing a calendar in Publisher and need to place an X on > certain dates to mark them. Is there an easy way to do that? 1) What version? Different versions work in different ways, you know... In 2003 you can simply type in the boxes. 2) But, then, I much prefer PagePlus for calendars now I've discovered it... -- In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/ Insert an image http://office.microsoft.com/cl...

Shortcut for mail accounts
Using OL 2002 SP2 on XP Pro SP1 Hi all, Is it possible to create a shortcut for the individual mail accounts that I use that will show up as icons under My Shortcuts on the left side of the UL window pane? I was looking for something along the line of what appears there with the Hotmail account that I now have. The icon will show how many emails in the account as it does in the Hotmail one. I'm trying to do this so I can monitor an account that I have at my ISP that filters spam out to a separate account. What I have to do now is open that account separately to check the volume of ju...

If I re-install outlook 2003 will I lose my current contacts etc
I'm having problems sending email through AOL using outlook 2003. the following Task 'UDSimap.aol.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC6F) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 554 TRANSACTION FAILED' If I reinstall outlook, will I retain my current contacts and othere saved data ? The first thing to try if you have an antivirus program integrated with Outlook is to disable that integration. It coul...

How do I create shortcuts to take me to parts of a spreadsheet?
I need to create bookmarks at various points in a spreadsheet to make it faster to get around. does anyone know how to do it? Naming cells is one way to do it. Select the points on the worksheet (or workbook for that matter) where you want the bookmark. Then click in the Name Box (the box to the left of the Formula Bar) type in a name for your bookmark and hit enter. Once you’ve built your bookmarks (as named cells) click the down pointing arrow in the Name Box and select the bookmark to which you want to move. "Patricia H." wrote: > I need to create bookmarks at vario...

Opening Calendar to current time instead of start of day
Whenever I click to Mail and return to Calendar...it reverts to 8am and I must scroll to current time of day. Any way to get calendar to open to current time? "NoviMich" <NoviMich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BEFFC4EC-D505-4BE3-A670-8F6185616493@microsoft.com... > Whenever I click to Mail and return to Calendar...it reverts to 8am and I > must scroll to current time of day. Any way to get calendar to open to > current time? When switching back to the day view, your day's start time will be at the top. Make your time interval ...

Formatting an inserted date field in an email template
I am inserting a date field from the contact form into an email template. While the field is formatted as Date Only, in the resulting emails it shows up as "02/16/2008 12:00 AM". How do I format the date so I can get rid of the bogus time portion? Thanks! Andy. i also have the same question. Is there a solution? thanks. Max On Feb 19, 11:30=A0pm, "Andy Slocombe" <an...@outreach.umass.edu> wrote: > I am inserting a date field from the contact form into an email template. > While the field is formatted as Date Only, in the resulting emails it show= s ...

How do I keep the EULA from popping up every time I open a doc?
A box saying I must Accept or Decline the Microsoft End User License Agreement (EULA) pops up every time I open a Microsoft document. I ACCEPT it every time, I've printed it, but it STILL keeps popping up. It's annoying as heck. Is there some way to make it go away for good? I understand the terms already! Sheesh! "License Agreement Popup Question" <License Agreement Popup Question@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58CF6A60-6010-471B-A2CC-A9730A9D6E31@microsoft.com... > A box saying I must Accept or Decline the Microsoft End Use...