in MS EXCLE how we can protect only one cell?

plz do repl me soon

Hi

First select all of the cells in the
Sheet>Format>Cells>Protection>remove the check mark form Locked.
Next select the single cell you want to be
locked>Format>Cells>protection>check Locked.
Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet (optionally provide a password - remember
to write it down somewhere of you do)
--
Regards
Roger Govier

anu khan wrote:
> plz do repl me soon
0
Roger
5/24/2010 11:36:22 AM
EXCEL 2007

This assumes that you wish to protect cells D 83 to D 85.

If you wish to protect just one cell replace D 83 to D 85 (below) with the
cell number you wish to protect.

Take the following actions assuming that the range that you wish to, "lock"
is D 83 to D 85.

1. Go into you Worksheet and click on cell to the left of column A and above
the number 1.

This should highlight the whole Worksheet.

2. Ctrl + 1 (at the same time) / Custom Lists pane should launch (sometimes
this window has a different name because there is a bug in the software here)
/ go to the Protection tab / remove the tick (check) from the Locked field
and hit OK.

3. Now go back to your Worksheet and highlight cells D83 to D 85 only / Ctrl
+ 1 again / Custom Lists should launch / go to Protection tab again and place
a tick (check) in the Locked field / OK.

4. Home tab / Cells group / Format / Protect Sheet / Protect Sheet window
should launch / put a password of your choice in / hit OK / put password in
again / OK.

5. Now to test that it has worked go back to cells D 83 to D 85.

If you try to enter info into any of those 3 cells you will not be able to
but you will be able to see the formulas there.

6. You should be able to enter data into all other cells in the Worksheet.

Thanks.

"anu khan" wrote:

> plz do repl me soon

Can't display all text in cell
I'm trying to display text in a cell. I've got Wrap Text on, and I hav several paragraphs of text. All of it appears in the formula bar, bu not in the cell displayed on the screen. And yes, I increased the ro height, but it still doesn't show. Any ideas? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am having the same problem. Apparantly there is a 1024 character limitation per cel in excel. The only advice I have received so far, which does work, is to press alt+enter to create a line break. If you find another work around, I would be interested. Hi besid...

can i use
Hello, I am Pramod from INDIA. I have some code in C# and some code in VC+ +.NET. I want to know that , can I use my C# code in VC++.NET. if yes what's way to use it give me example. Thanks & regards Pramod Sahgal These articles may be intersting to you assuming you are trying to call managed code from unmanaged code. If you are using totally managed code in C++/CLI then it is less of an issue. http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/InterOp.asp http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread620468.html http://www.andymcm.com/csharpfaq.htm http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/sd10k43k(...

Can you ignore table validation on query append?
Hello, I have a table that has validation: IIf([Document 1] Is Null,[Document 2] Is Not Null And [Document 3] Is Not Null,IIf([Document 1] Is Not Null,[Document 2] Is Null And [Document 3] Is Null)) This is because when my user fills out their form, they must select one choice from List A OR one item from List B and one item from list C. My problem is that I have an append query to add any new hires to the table in an autoexec. The append query is failing because I am not updating any data for the above Documents. Is there anyway for me to get around the table validation on my append? Any ...

Export Access Record to Specific Cells in Excel
I'm looking for suggestions on how to export data from an Access table or Query into specific cells of a Worksheet. The table I'm importing will always contain a single record only. For example, I'd like to export data from Field1, field2...etc in an access table to Sheet2!A3, Sheet2!B3...etc. Any sugestions would be most appreciative. ...

How to open MS Excell 2007 Sheet in MS Excell 2000???
Hello, All! Is anybody know any converter for this trouble or how to . . .??? With best regards, Alek Luchnikov. E-mail: alekluch---FORSPAMERS---1983@mail.ru REMOVE ---FORSPAMERS--- Alek Luchnikov wrote: > Hello, All! > > Is anybody know any converter for this trouble or how to . . .??? > > With best regards, Alek Luchnikov. > E-mail: alekluch---FORSPAMERS---1983@mail.ru REMOVE ---FORSPAMERS--- > > Search for Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack. It should have prompted you to download it when you open the doc. Once it's installed you will be able to vi...

Mapping one custom attribute to another and filling the data
I have created two new attributes (Net Commission) one under leads and one under oppurtunity. I did not realilze that although I created the two same attributes I did not create a relationship between the two. Now there is data in one that is not in the other. Basically the oppurtunities section contains all the data because that is the form that lets the user input this info. The leads attribute for net commission is basically blank. I would like to be able to create a relationship between the two attributes and copy over any of the data that has been entered into the oppurtunities se...

protect multiple worksheets #2
I'm able to protect multiple sheets all at one time - got that! Now, how can I do that with criteria, a.k.a. "Allow users of this workbook to..." Is it possible? adey v. Allow users of this workbook to..." What? "adey v." wrote: > I'm able to protect multiple sheets all at one time - got that! Now, how can > I do that with criteria, a.k.a. "Allow users of this workbook to..." Is it > possible? > adey v. ...

Ms Money hangs when generately monthly reports
I am using Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe Trial Version 17.0.120.727, and everytime I generate monthly reports under the Reports Tab I will encounter the following error and MS money will hang & close. Any idea what's wrong with ms money? Error message:- Runtime Error! Program: ... gram Files\Microsoft Money Plus\MNYCoreFiles\msmoney.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminte it in an unusual way Please contact the application's support team for more information ...

Conditional Formatting
I have a row of cells that calculate the totals for their columns but I force to be blank via IF statements until certain conditions are met. Once these conditions are met, the total appears. I'd like to also highlight these total cells via conditional formatting. My conditional formatting input is simply "If Cell is Greater than 0, format". For some reason all the cells format as though they are all > 0 yet they don't display anything. Are there some internal rules that specifiy when a cell is really 0? Is there another way to do this that won't care what the for...

Custom made default scatter plot only works for one session
When I create a custom scatter plot and make it my default chart it works as long as I keep excel open. If I close excel, re-open it and try to use my default plot again the plot displays with all the information squeezed up against the upper edge of the chart window. ...

Allow use of a control scroll bar in protected worksheet
Hi all, I have a control Scroll Bar in my worksheet (Excel 2003). I want to protect everything except the use of that scroll bar (let the possibility to scroll). I've tried to play with all the options in the Protect Sheet dialog box.... but when I click my scroll bar it doesn't want ! Any clue would be very apreciated. Thanks ! Marco Do you have a linked cell assigned to that scrollbar? If you do then that cell can't be locked on a protected worksheet. You could either unlock it or assign a linked cell on a different worksheet. Marco wrote: > > Hi all, > I have...

Can't find CD/DVDdrive
My DVD drives have disappeared. they don't show as hardware in control panel. Working fine yesterday - no software changes made. Both have power to them. I've unplugged everything and put a new lead from them to the motherboard. Doesn't appear to be anything physical. Followed various posts on this site. Mr Fixit recognises the problem but can't fix it. Went into registry. Higher filters there but no lower filters. Any suggestions? On 06/20/2010 05:13 AM, Philx5 wrote: > My DVD drives have disappeared. they don't show as hardware in control panel. ...

Can't send large attachments
I can't seem to find the place in Outlook to change the size of outgoing attachments. My ISP has a 10mb limit but Outlook seems to balk at anything larger than 2mb. Anyone? -- Nadyne Nelson nadyne@prospectiveplanning.com Nadyne on MSN Messenger Cable/DSL or dialup? If Cable/DSL, are you behind a router (Linksys) that lets you share a single IP address with many computers? "Nadyne Nelson" <nadyne@verizon.net> wrote in message news:Sizgc.19499$G_.13360@nwrddc02.gnilink.net... > > I can't seem to find the place in Outlook to change the size of ...

Multiple mfc activex controls in one dll
In VS6, there was a possibility to define up to 4 controls, when creating a new activex project. No such possibility in VS2005. Is there any way in 2005 to add an addtional one to an existing MFC ActiveX project? Any pointers will be appreciated! ...

CANNOT PROTECT
Trying to password and read only protect a Microsoft Word docuement that is embedded in Excel. When I open the "protected" document, the read-only prompt does not appear...and I can still make changes and close the docuement. HELP! Try this: create the document directly in word, protect it and save it to disk. Then copy the text you want and past it special as an OLE object in excel Peter ...

can you date time stamp entries in excel
is it possible that when someone puts an entry on a shared worksheet in excel it can automatically date and time stamp their entry. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(By Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:H10")) Is Nothing Then With Target .Offset(0, 1).Value = Format(Now, "dd mmm yyy hh:mm") End With End If ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub 'This is worksheet event code, which means that it needs to be 'placed in the appropriate ...

How can I access a file in Outlook Public Folder by VBscript
It does not have to be VBscript.. I need sync the file with my local harddrive... Thanks. Nix wrote: > It does not have to be VBscript.. > I need sync the file with my local harddrive... > > Thanks. Why does it need to be a script at all? You can add your public folder to your PF\Favorites (drag it there) and include it in your send/receive settings for offline use with your OST file. ...

counting same text from different cells
Hi I was Trying to count text such as "p" for pass from different cell in excel but i am not sure what is the formula for that. It will be really helpful if u could send me the solution thank you om Hi =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"p") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "om" <om@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:96B25715-6B88-40F8-8360-9602A05E3B30@microsoft.com... > Hi I was Trying to count text such as "p" for pass from different cell in > excel but i am not sure what is the formula for that. > > It will be rea...

pulling cell "value"
in the cell C4 i have the formula =now() and I have that cell formatted to custom mmmm so that it displays as January. I am now trying to write some VBA code to look at cell C4 and take the January and then do a vlookup on the array that i have named months. months is the cells D14:E25 column D has a list of the months and column E has a list of numbers that corresponds to these months. This is a custom list so I can not use the standard numbers that excel uses for the months. The vlookup in vba should take the January and find the number in col E that corresponds to it th...

How do you protect Publisher (2007) documents from changes?
I need to know how to protect my Publisher documents from changes when I send it to another computer. Send it as a .pdf file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "EFO" <EFO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92FBCB96-B4CA-43CC-BB0F-D5D7C6800E13@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to protect my Publisher documents from changes when I >send > it to another computer. ...

Formatting Cells #13
If you want something from cell (A) to appear in cell (B) and change when the contents of cell A changes, how do I do that? Acurran, =A1 ??? -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 2003 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "Acurran" <Acurran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E800CB99-E6BA-4DF3-BCA0-445A89B2E8A8@microsoft.com... > If you want something from cell (A) to appear i...

How can you enable a combobox to be "tabbed" or entered out of?
I am trying to allow users to tab in to a combobox and then tab/enter out after a selection is made. Right now you have to use the mouse to enter the combobox (tabbing goes to the cell underneath it) and after you make a selection, its like you're stuck in the box - you can only get out by using the mouse or pressing escape (which then brings you to the last cell you were in). Is there a way to fix this? ...

Software copy-protection strategies involving unlock codes
I would like to learn about strategies for protecting my software against illicit copying, by supplying users with unlock codes which they have to use to unlock the program's full functionality. Does anyone know of any good books on this topic, or other sources of information on it. TIA Simon I don't, although I've done a bit of work in this area myself. The first issue you need to deal with is how to stop a customer that has the code from being able to give it to someone else. I simply have the code tied to the customers name and company, if any. This way, they can st...

Can I use Rule to move digitally signed messages to separate folder?
Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed messages? Thanks in advance. deko <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder > using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed > messages? I don't see that as a selection criterion in the Rules wizard. -- Brian Tillman ...

How can I customize the right-click context menu in Word 2007
I use cut & paste of imported text a lot in both Word 2007 and Excel 2007. In Excel the right-click context menu includes Paste Special; in Word it does not. How can I add Paste Special to the Word context menu? See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Word2007_SC_Menu_Programatically.htm -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "Steve Samson" <SteveSamson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A20FD91E-CFE2-402A-8A54-9F58880A3126@micros...