IF statement based on True/False that activates a certain list box

I've been asked to create a formula that will react to either "yes" or "no"
entered into a cell which will show options in another cell based on a
certain list.

Example:
Cells D3:D5 contain the values Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (list named BegWeek)
Cells E3:E5 contain the values Thursday, Friday, Saturday (list named EndWeek)
Cell A3 accepts either "yes" or "no" entry only from a list
If A3 = "Yes" then B3 will = drop down list BegWeek
If A3 = "No" then B3 will = drop down list End Week

I don't even know if this can be done in Excel but I am being asked to try.
Considering a combination of formulas/macros but have no idea how to pull it
off. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Select B3. From menu Data>Validation>Allow 'List' and in Source field enter
the below formula..

=IF(A3="Yes",begweek,IF(A3="No",endweek))

--
Jacob

"rittzy" wrote:

> I've been asked to create a formula that will react to either "yes" or "no"
> entered into a cell which will show options in another cell based on a
> certain list.
>
> Example:
> Cells D3:D5 contain the values Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (list named BegWeek)
> Cells E3:E5 contain the values Thursday, Friday, Saturday (list named EndWeek)
> Cell A3 accepts either "yes" or "no" entry only from a list
> If A3 = "Yes" then B3 will = drop down list BegWeek
> If A3 = "No" then B3 will = drop down list End Week
>
> I don't even know if this can be done in Excel but I am being asked to try.
> Considering a combination of formulas/macros but have no idea how to pull it
> off. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Cases and service activities
How do you link cases to a service activity, or use a case to generate a service activity? I would have thought this should be pretty obvious functionality, but I don't seem to be able to work it out. I know you can set the Regarding field of the Service Activity to a Case, but this is too fiddly for our guys. I want to do something quick and easy! I'm not sure what the problem is. Create a new case and save it, or open an existing case. Then select Actions -> Add Activity-> Service Activity. A service activity will be created and it will automatically be linked to the cas...

again: number a list
Hello there! I found a thread "number a list" (June 2nd.2006): >I have an excel ss of book and video titles. I would like to make one >column >the number corresponding to each title. Just a simple scheme like 1, 2, 3, >4, 5, etc... >How would I tell excel to put sequential numbers in a column? The problem was solved easy. But what can I do when I have empty rows? I entered free rows for better looking print result, unfortunately BEFORE >fill>series. Is there a formula, something like IF B1>0 fill A1? Thanks for help! Mike Mike, have a look here and see...

Masking Bank Acct Number on DD Earnings Statement
How can I mask the Bank Number and Bank Account Number to show only the last four digits on the Direct Deposit Earnings Statement? I have looked at the knowledge base article on masking the social security number and it is close, but not every employee has the same bank account number length. Some employees could have an account number length of 8 for their account and others could have 12. Thanks, Jocelyn Jocelyn, If you are a microsoft partner, You can also post your question in Dynamics GP Partner forum that might help you receive suggestions from others also http://social.m...

alignment within text boxes
within a text box, how do I keep the text lines in the heading flush left and make the body justified? I make the heading flush left, then highlight body and justuify it-- but when I do-- the heading becomes justified. Select the heading (high-light) click left justify. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "rebecca1227" <rebecca1227@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A63868C4-1905-42FB-B2A2-E6F55F9CF8C5@microsoft.com... > within a text box, how do I keep the text lines in the heading flush left and > make the body justified? I make the heading flus...

In excel, how do i create a box on a form for a customer to click #2
how do I create a box on a email excel form for a customer to click on to acknowledge they agree with the terms and it automatically put a check mark in the box. ...

Web based financial manager that is equal to M2004?
First, I am not a fan of M2005. I have purchased every version of Money for as long as I can remember and I have looked forward to it each year. This year I was greatly disappointed. I am sticking with Money 2004. Now, with that being sad the one thing that I really want is to be able to use money on 2 computers and have the file be the same on both. Is there a way to to this without ftping the file between computers? Also, is there a web based money manager that is as good as Money 2004? Thanks, Alex Use a memory stick with the money file on it. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Mon...

Form base authentication #3
Hey! We don't use Form Based Authentication currently. If we turn that on, will/could it cause problems to anything else? Any reasons to why not to go with Form Based Authentication? We are using OWA, Outlook remotely via RPC over HTTPS, and mobile devices, on a FE/BE clustered Exchange 2003 environment. TIA!! / Per ...

Combo Box Not in List function 11-27-09
I have a combo box that lists the option (limited to list) from a table called tblALLRECCS which has only one field called RECS. How do I write a code in Not In List event of the combo box so that any new entries that is not in the list will be added to the RECS in the tblALLRECCS, after prompting the user with a message box whether he/she wants to add the new item (string) ? Can some one help. Thanks in advance Leo Hi - This is from A2000 - I doubt it has changed much. When you open the event procedure for the NotInList event, you will see that there are two parame...

Certain Form load according to combo box value on currnet form
I have an If-Then VBA procedure that's nested, and works like a charm, however, I've got around twenty different forms that are "page 2" forms, in an application. Page one is the form containing the person's name, address, etc.. in the last textbox of page one is the choice for which position the applicant is interested in. Now, if all the "page 2" forms were idnetical, I've got VBA for that situation, but each page 2 form is unique. I am interested in a VBA procedure that works so that the drop down combo box (containing the job openings w...

Payee line and memo line need to be reversed for certain transacti
I currently am using Money 2004. Here is my question- I import my transactions each month. The only problem is that evry transaction that is a debit card purchase currently as to be manually fixed, because in the payee box I see the bamk's info ex:" DDA PUR 4545454". tHEN IN THE MEMO LINE WILL BE THE actual name of the business that the transaction was made at. I am hoping there is a way to automate the process of switching these two fields. So basically, i want to progem Money to look at the Payee line and if it starts with "DDA" switch it witth the payee line. ...

Show a list of address
Can anyone help me. A short method to show company address after selecting the company name. ...

SQL to get Item price list
I'm trying to get a price list out of the GP (7.5) tables into a SQL view for reports and other integration projects. I've got it working based on the pricing method. What I would like to do now, is incorporate the Item Price List Options logic (IV00107) to do the correct rounding on the item prices. What I've got so far just rounds to two decimal points... Is there a function to do this, or does someone have some SQL code to re-create the business logic. Here's what I've got so far: SELECT IV00101.ITEMNMBR, IV00101.ITEMDESC, IV00101.PRICMTHD, IV00101.STND...

Having marketing lists in outlook as Distribution list
We have already CRM specialized Distribution lists for contact, lead, accounts, we should also find here all the marketing lists owned by the user and with members accepting email contact. Thanks CS ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microso...

Outlook Distrubution List
Is there any way that I can save a disturbution list that I have made to a network drive, or a cd, and put load the distrubution list to other computers in my building? ...

Add record and update List
This message has two questions: When I click my command button (Code Below) I need it to open the form in ADD mode but still linked to the Parent form as it is doing now. Second, that Parent form has a list box that needs to be updated when the record is added. Suggestions?? This is the command button form: Private Sub cmdProvADD_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdProvADD_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "f_ProvDetail" stLinkCriteria = "[ICNNo]=" & "'" & Me![ICNNo] & "'" ...

Migrating activities to Existing Accounts
Hi Could someone verify the possibility of using the CDF to import data as Activities and relating them to Accounts?.. From a post someone mentioned it wasnt possible.. although when I logged a similar scenario (Contact import instead of activities).. Support mentioned that I just need to populate the cdf tables of account specifically destinationID with the GUID of the existing record and MSCRM. The activities would then be migrated normally while the Accounts wont.. Verification needed.. Thanks =) "Mark Anthony" <MarkAnthony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Excel Chart Trouble on Auto-Filtered List
I'm plotting a chart based on visible cells in an auto-filtere spreadsheet. Everything works fine as far as the data and legend range go (cols 2 and 3 below). My problem is I want to add a text box to th chart and link that box to the name of the data being plotted, but need to show only a "distinct" cell from the range, i.e. in the exampl below the linked text box shows "GAIG GAIG GAIG" because those cells ar visible. I can't seem to find what Excel function/feature or formula t use to make this display just "GAIG" or "AFG" in the linked text ...

I'm looking for a To Do List template to use with Outlook.
I need to keep track of my tasks on a day to day basis and I'm looking for a template that I can use or modify to help me. An Excel spreadsheet will probably provide the best usage because it will allow me to sort and change my data around. Here is a standard To Do List that Microsoft offers as an Excel template: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC010185861033.aspx -- John Mansfield http://cellmatrix.net "Sharon J." wrote: > I need to keep track of my tasks on a day to day basis and I'm looking for a > template that I can use or modify to help ...

Need to move activities from one account to another CRM 3.0
Two companies have merged and we need to move all the contacts and activities from the one account to another existing account. Tasks and emails are created at the account level. I got the contact converted but cannot get the activity history converted. Any help would be appreciated. On May 7, 11:43=A0pm, C.J. <C...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Two companies have merged and we need to move all the contacts and activit= ies > from the one account to another existing account. =A0Tasks and emails are > created at the account level. =A0I got the contact converted b...

Custom List View Filter on Dates
I appolgize if this is a second post of this question, but I do not think that my first one made it to this group. I have created a custom list in MOSS2007. The list has several dates, each indicating a stage in the process. I wish to make views that allow me to see those items that have Date 1 filled in but do not have Date 2 filled in. I have tried to use [Empty], [Blank], 0, and less than 01/01/2009. None of these work. Is there a special word for filtering dates? Thanks! GregDC ...

How to stop automatic moving of closed activities to history
Here is what i want to do. I do not want to move completed items from the activity page to the history tab, I want to keep everything on the activity tab. I've been searching through the posts here and i realize that this functionality is not inherently accesible without a 3rd party product. But how exactly does this process work? Could you possibly change how CRM reacts when it's told to mark an activity as completed? Thanks, Dave No. What you would do is create your own app and have it show all activities (open and closed). You can build it yourself (read the SDK), or buy it fr...

Sum Total Estimate Revenue based on Status
Hi, I am in CRM 3.0 and trying to build a report of opportunity that is attached to the account. Since this report is group by account, at the end of the report, I want to show that for opportunity with status lost how much is the total lost, total win and total open based on estimated/actual value. How can i add the condition to sum the total based on status? Thx, Carrie Not sure I've got this exactly right but would one option be to: 1.Create new new Advanced Find view (All opportunities) & Save it as named view 2. From opportunities area select this new opportunity view ...

Problem with serializing multiple collections with a base class #2
I have the following code. When I serialize the DriverCollection I would like to get both the Driver Collection and the DeletedItems collection. I end up with only the Driver collection. I have tried numerous attributes with no success. Any help would be appreciated... using System; using System.IO; using System.Text; using System.Xml; using System.Xml.Serialization; using System.Runtime.Serialization; using System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary; using System.Collections; namespace SerialTest { #region BusinessObjectBase /// Summary description for BusinessObjectBase...

attaching unique id to each mail sent out through CRM while using quick Camapaign for a selected list of contacts
Microsoft CRM : how to attach unique id to each mail sent out through CRM while using quick Camapaign for a selected list of contacts? The ID should be different for each contact. Also , i need to have a mechanism to include a mail template from a set of available templates while the quick campaign is created. Any help will be appreciated. ...

What is an automatic way to delete all rows of a certain kind
Is there a way to do this automatically? I want to change (a) below to (b) below further (i.e. just all those rows in between the data - pretty simple) I have a lot of data, lets assume. (a) -------------- 27 4:11 5:44 1:12 5:08 8:38 10:12 28 4:12 5:45 1:12 5:08 8:38 10:12 29 4:12 5:45 1:12 5:08 8:38 10:12 30 4:13 5:46 1:12 5:08 8:38 10:12 July Date Fajr Sunrise Dhuhr Asr Maghrib Isha 1 4:13 5:46 1:13 5:09 8:38 10:12 2 4:14 5:47 1:13 5:09 8:38 10:11 3 4:15 5:47 1:13 5:09 8:38 10:11 4 4:16 5:48 1:13 5:09 8:37 10:11 5 4:16 5:48 1:13 5:09 8:37 10:10 6 4:17 5:49 1:13 5:09...