If statement 01-12-10

I want to look in multiple cells and return a predetermined value:
I want cell F5 to return a value if there is an X in any of the cells A1
thru A5, if there is no X but there is an R, I want to return a different
value, and if those same cells are empty, I want to return a different value.
Is this possible?
  A B C D E F
1 X
2 R
3 X

Hi,

maybe this

=IF(COUNTIF(A1:A5,"X")>0,"XXXXX",IF(COUNTIF(A1:A5,"R")>0,"RRRRR","No X or R"))

Mike

"gbish" wrote:

> I want to look in multiple cells and return a predetermined value:
> I want cell F5 to return a value if there is an X in any of the cells A1
> thru A5, if there is no X but there is an R, I want to return a different
> value, and if those same cells are empty, I want to return a different value.
> Is this possible?
>   A B C D E F
> 1 X
> 2 R
> 3 X
> 4
> 5

SUMPRODUCT 05-06-10
Hello, I've used this formular to find work piece that gets done per department. =SUMPRODUCT(('Q2'!E13:E150="Done")*('Q2'!G13:G150="14532")) Department 14532 was not picked up even though other department's number was correctly counted. But if I put a letter, say like C (14532C) and adds C to my formular as in =SUMPRODUCT(('Q2'!E13:E150="Done")*('Q2'!G13:G150="14532C")) then it picks up how many pieces were done for this department. I suspect this is in my cell format but I could not figure out wh...

Query Problem 03-27-10
Hi, I have 2 tables, tbBaby and tbVaccineInjection. tbBaby stores the babies' personal data like Name, BirthDate etc., tbVaccine stores VaccineName, DoseNumber (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.) and InjectionDate, etc. These 2 tables are one to many in relation, because each baby may have several vaccinations on different dates. I'd like to build a query to retrieve babies with their most recent injection date, i.e. only one record for each baby with latest injection date. my query is as follow SELECT tbBaby.*, tbVaccine.* FROM tbBaby INNER JOIN tbVaccine ON tbBaby.ID=tbVaccine.B...

outlook calendar #10
How can I set up the calendar so that each of my appointments are automatically given 15 minutes or 10 minutes ? set the time scale to 10 or 15 min. right click on the time scale in day view or change it in tools, options, calendar. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www....

Printing Statements?
I'm a new user. Printing my first statements. How Do I get rid of the Minimum Payment field or change the amount to show the current balance? -- JD Hi JD - Thanks for your note. In order to modify the account statement, you will need to modify the XML file. The file name and path can be found in Store Operations Administrator, in the Configuration dialog, Templates tab. Typically, the file is Statement.XML and is located in c:\program files\microsoft retail management system\store operations\receipt templates folder. Once you find the file used for your account statements, locate...

SumProduct 12-11-09
I am trying to creat a roll up sheet. on my data sheet I have multiple columns of data. F K L R 51160 2 6 3 51160 1 4 1 51162 0 5 2 51162 1 0 3 I am trying to create a formula that will search column F for matching numbers and then add all cooresponding data in column K, L, and R. So cell A1 of my roll up sheet for "51160" will show the total of 17... Any ideas? Thanks Try =SUM(SUMIF(F1:F10,51160,INDIRECT({"K1:K10","L1:L10","R1:R10"}))) -- Jacob "HeatherMichelle" wrote: >...

a long thread of if-then statements
Hi. I'm using MS Excel Xp. Here's my problem: :confused: I have a large flatfile of our sales people and I need to do a pivot table on them. but before that, I need to create a new column which contains certain tiering of their earnings. For example: Name: Earnings Tier Person A $5000 $0 - $10,000 Person B $34,500 $30,001 - $40,000 Person C $1M $990,000 - $1,000,000 Person D $2.5M $2,490,001 - $2,500,000 The column "Tier" is the one I need to create. How do I create a long IF-TH...

Contacts Permissions Problem
Hi- I am running OL2003 on WinXP & 2k with Exchange 2k. I have a large public folder of contacts. I can edit all of them. I created a new user, gave her owner permissions on the folder, but she cannot edit many of the contacts. When she opens them, they show as <read only>. Today I was researching this and I found something interesting - some of the records show Outlook Version 10, and others show Outlook Version 11. It turns out that the recs that are version 10 can be edited by the new user, but those that are version 11 can only be opened as read only. I tried to change the ve...

DATEVALUE("10/30/2009") Fails with #VALUE! Error

OWA access #12
Can anyone give me a theory on this. I am stumped. UserA was disabled 6 months ago. Password expiry age on the account has passed. UserB was able to log onto UserA mailbox via OWA. We do not have the "change password" facility available in OWA. How was UserB able to do this? thanks ShuggyB "free.teranews.com" <hgaryblackSPAMFRITTER@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Ovig4FhwGHA.2232@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Can anyone give me a theory on this. I am stumped. > > UserA was disabled 6 months ago. Password expiry age on the account has > passed. ...

Removing Senders from the Blocked List 07-12-10
For months I have been unable to remove blocked senders. I have tried from Windows Live Mail and from the Windows Live Hotmail website. After a short while they reappear. If someone can tell me what I must do, or if this can be resolved remotely, I will be most appreciative. It is most frustrating and I have been unable to receive any assistance. PLEASE HELP! ...

external connector 10-17-06
Hi, I am just wondering what kind of license we would need if we are to create an online system that will integrate with MS CRM 3.0. The online system will have its own database. We would like to integrate our database with the CRM db. Clients will access the system through the internet. Do we need the external connector license for us to access the data on CRM? Like write data from our db to CRM db and vice versa? Thanks! The external connector license is designed to enable external access to MSCRM for an unspecified group (unlimited number) of non-CRM users. If these external use...

Recovery Console 03-04-10
I had Recovery Console installed, but as I ticked the box in msconfig/boot.ini to the origianl boot, the line in c:\boot.ini disappeared. As to uninstall the Recovery Console you need to delete that line and two folders in the root directory, I decided to complete the task. However, I am unable to get rid of cmdcons. Can anyone help? Thanks JB Please, ignore. I found solution. Thank you "JB" <open@closed.com> escreveu na mensagem news:OrcmLs7uKHA.5812@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I had Recovery Console installed, but as I ticked the box in ...

Advanced month deposit should be shown in the statement after PTR
Posting for Kenny Wu Of Professional Advantage PTY LTD. Details: After running PTR on a given cut-off date (e.g. 8/31/2007). Transaction's Apply date field like 9/31/2007 should still be shown in the RM statement eventhough you have posted them on or before the PTR's cut-off date. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-...

GP 10 fails to store menu toolbar locations
GP version 10.00.1237 Standard The menu/toolbar fails to keep the menu options and buttons in the location I put them in and then lock the toolbars. Sometimes they work, but other times if I work on other programs while GP is starting up after selecting my company to work in when I return to GP the menu is all rearranged, but is still locked. I searched and there was one question directly relating to this and another that references locking the "toolbar", but neither really address the issue or offer a solution. Does anybody from Microsoft have a solution to this problem or...

system restore 12-12-09
tried a point only 2 wks old. in Safe mode. No Changes made.... No Norton on set. Actually I want to dump all Updates that autoran in the last 2 wks, so I can retry SP3 taht is crashing. is there a way to do them en masse? thanx Never, EVER use System Restore to "undo" an update, Service Pack, or IE upgrade! Intead, uninstall the update, Service Pack, or IE upgrade & reboot. If that doesn't correct the problem, then try System Restore. -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002 www.banthecheck.com plugg...

If Statements #3
Hi all I am new to this, can someone, please help me with this. I wont to now how to evaluate two or more logical conditions if they are true or false using if functions for example. If total purchases in A2 are greater than $7000.00 deduct 15% from those purchases and if purchases are greater than $5000.00 deduct 10% of purchases otherwise purchases stay the same. How would I do this if funtion, Please, maybe use a or somehow? Cheers Mark -- burkey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ burkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?actio...

6 bottles of wine gets you 10% off?
Has anyone figured out how to do this without an add-on? RMS Out of the box, or is it impossible? -- Thank You Vince :) One way is using the discount section. But you have to figure out amount for the 6th bottle and above. "Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message news:14DF8630-C031-4C90-8FCB-BE8085FFCA25@microsoft.com... > Has anyone figured out how to do this without an add-on? RMS Out of the > box, > or is it impossible? > -- > Thank You > Vince :) Can you elaborate any further? If in using the discount section won't tha...

COUNTIF Function 04-19-10
I am trying to use the countif function by rows and it is not calculationg correctly. I try to drag the formula down and it just repeats the same value as the origin cell. Is there some type of malfunction with tis function? It would help immensely if you had posted your formula for us to evaluate. Without it, my best guess would be that your formula currently looks something like: =COUNTIF($1:$1,"My value") when it should be: =COUNTIF(1:1,"My value") -- Best Regards, Luke M "csmith13" <csmith13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

If Statements in Access
Hello I am currently using the following IF statement in Excel however i will need to convert it so that it will work for me in Access =IF(Expiry Date<>"",IF(Expiry Date <Todays Date,"Cease Working ",IF(todays date> Expiry Date -60,"Submit New Application"," ")),"") Can someone please help Thanks Longbeach LongBeach, I take it you're updating a text control with text according to the value of [Expiry Date] vs. the current system Date... And, you don't need the If [Expiry Date] <> "". If it's...

Fix for 12.1.1 error a version of the software required not found
12.1.1 updater woes- a version of the software required not found <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/06/1211_updater_woes.html> In case the above link does not work: <http://tinyurl.com/3u83hv> -- Diane I have never done any of the things that the article states would cause the update failure. Now to have to completely reinstall the software, I am not happy. There must be something else going on here. yeah i used monolingual. tyvm. "petrafan@officeformac.com" wrote: > yeah i used monolingual. Did the fix work? -- Diane Just had the same problem afte...

Collections Management Default Statement ID
In GP 10, we've assigned a Default Statement ID in the Collections Management Local Setup window. However, when we go to the Collections Management Print Selection window and put a checkmark beside Print Statement, the Statement ID is not defaulting in. This worked in GP 9. Did this break in GP 10? Or, are we missing something? ...

Format 05-11-10
In table A I have Paid_Amount which is stored as currency. In table B I have Membership which is stored as a number long integer. In the query I have PMPM:([Paid_Amount]/[Membership]) The query runs fine, but the data is a long number. I then changed it to say PMPM:FormatCurrency([Paid_Amount]/[Membership]) and I end up with $0.00 for all my answers. What can I do? well technically, Paid_Amount is being stored as Double or Decimal, but being presented as currency. When you divide by an integer, Access thinks you are "integer math" the solution, is to convert the...

MS Chart Control for VC++9 03-14-10
I am trying to use MSchart control in my Visual C++9, However, the MS chart control in not available in activex list!. I ve downloaded the MS chart control for APS. Net but I couldnt use it with my VC++ programs. Is there any clue? thanks "Azed" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:OTMhW14wKHA.1692@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I am trying to use MSchart control in my Visual C++9, However, the MS > chart control in not available in activex list!. I ve downloaded the MS > chart control for APS. Net but I couldnt use it with my VC++ programs. > Is...

IF Statement....If False how ignore referenced cell
Hi, Is there a way using a "IF" statement that when the statement is false it ignores the cell it is writing to. For example: If(A1=1,B16,ignore) When it looks at cell A1 it will write what is in cell B16 (let's say 7). Next I want to change cell A1 to a 2 (because my value in B16 has changed), which makes the original IF statement False and typically overwrites the value in the cell with False, " " or "0". I would like it when FALSE, to leave the value 7 and not overwrite it.. Hope this makes sense. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hi th...

Smart List record count in 10.0 SP2
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone else has seen a situation in the standard smart list for Purchase Line Items returns a different line count in the window than on the bottom of the window in the status bar. For instance, a client requested a search using the view "Today's Expected Receipts", so the window shows 4 rows, but the status bar at the bottom shows 8. The search criteria look to be the same as in my local view. Trying it in my local view, I get the same results for other views under this object, for instance the window shows 13 rows, but the status bar shows ...