If sign of sum is negative change to positive

I am using a formula that may produce positive or negative results. Once it
has produced the sum the sign is immaterial. I need the result to add as a
positive.
I need something that says if the sum is less than 0 change the result to
positive. How do I do that?

Hi,

=ABS(yoursum)

Mike

"BigR" wrote:

> I am using a formula that may produce positive or negative results. Once it
> has produced the sum the sign is immaterial. I need the result to add as a
> positive.
> I need something that says if the sum is less than 0 change the result to
> positive. How do I do that?

Change Arrange by Date Grouping behavior in Outlook 2003
I like the grouping feature in Outlook 2003, especially by Date. The only problem is that as emails get older, Outlook creates coarser and coarser groups (e.g. "last week", "last month"). Does anyone know a way to configure this behavior so that it continues to group day-by-day? Thanks in advance, JT As of right now, the groupings that you see cannot be changed. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching googl...

Documenting Changes to Modified Forms
I have inherited some Modified Forms (Forms with VBA are not a problem). I would like to know what changes were made to the Modified Forms from the original Forms. Any suggestions? Is there anything like "Print Definition" in Report Writer that would give me something tangible to compare? With VBA code I can decipher what the code is doing. With Modified Forms, there are so many properties to compare, I am afraid I might miss one. Thanks you for any help you can give Don You could export the form as a package from Customisation Maintenance. Then rename the forms.dic and ...

change cell name to text nmae
I have a worksheet that is 2 x100 in size, that is columns A and B, Rows 1 through 100. Each cell is filled with a single "word", in this case the sheet looks like the following: A B 1 data1 data2 2 data3 data4 3 data5 data5 4 data6 data7 5 data8 data9 6 data10 data11 7 data12 data13 8 data14 data15 etc,etc,etc.... I would like to name the cells the same as their content. In other words the cell that contains the word data3 would be named data3. Once this is done I want to delete the contents of all of the cells but keep the names that I have created f...

Making an entry in a cell change the name of a sheet
Is anyone aware of a way to make data entered into a cell change the name of the sheet? For example if you have a file with many sheets and you'd like the name of the sheet to become the name of a certain date that was entered into a particular cell. Many Thanks :-) Mr. Bungle The macro below will do what you want. Right-click on the sheet tab, select View Code, and paste this macro into the module displayed. X-out to return to the worksheet. As written, the cell with the date is A1 and the date format for the subsequent sheet name is "mmm d yyyy". Change these as need...

Changing the text color on a commandbar button
I have defined a commandbar button as follows: Dim Cbar As CommandBar Dim Button As CommandBarButton Set Button = Cbar.Controls.Add(msoControlButton) With Button ..OnAction = "" ..Caption = "Sending Country" ..Style = msoButtonCaption ..Width = 100 ..Enabled = False ..BeginGroup = True End With The default color of the caption is grey ( some kind of default coinciding with the windows color). How do I change that default color to something like black or something else. Please help ...

Negative time remaining on Contract Line
Hi, I hope you can help with a problem we have. We pre-sell time for support contracts and as customers use up the time, it reduces their balance. Therefore time based Contracts in CRM3.0 seems perfect for this. However, if a customer has, say, 10 minutes left and we want to allocate 30 minutes of billable time on case (which would make the allotments remaining -20), we get a warning error that there are not enough allotments remaining. However, there is an option to continue anyway - if we take it CRM errors with: [COMException (0x800404ef): <description>Allotments: remaining + u...

Changing the color of a cell based on the color of another cell.
How can I have Excel automatically change the color of a cell, for example "A5" if "D5" is found to be the color RED due to a conditional format. Automatically change A5 to the color RED, IF D5 is fould to be RED. So D5 changes to red because of its conditional formatting? Use the same rule(s) in A5 as what you used in D5. Change the formatting if you want, but use the same rules. LATC wrote: > > How can I have Excel automatically change the color of a cell, for example > "A5" if "D5" is found to be the color RED due...

Changing the Background color
I'm looking for a way to change the default background color in eac sheet from white to some other color. Haven't found a way to keep color for new sheets. Looking to do something like this: http://www.wordtip.com/disp.php?view=tip&tip_id=5 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Create a new workbook, with the number of sheets, options, and formatting (including background color) you want, and save the file *as a Template* in your XLStart directory with the name "Book1.xlt"). if you're using a Mac, save the file as a template in the Microsoft Office...

Changing values of x-axis to include greek letters
I'm trying to graph the function sin(x) in radians and I want my x-axis to list the standard "pi/2; pi; 3pi/2; and 2 pi" but I can't figure out how to do it (short of copying the graph into a paint file, using Microsoft Equation 3.0 to create the equations and replace each value with what I want. Excel has a built-in function called "PI". As an example for creating your X-axis, try entering "=PI()" into cell A1. In cell A3 enter "=A1/2". In cell A4 enter "=A1". In cell A5 enter "=3*A1" And so on. The values in cells A...

text color change in cell reference
I have a workbook in excel 2003 with two sheets. Cell references on the second sheet refer to the first sheet ='CODE SHEET'!I102 when I change text color in cell I102 on the code sheet how do I get the color to automatically change on the second sheet. That requires VBA. Check the archives: http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?as_ugroup=*excel* here's one suggestion: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_fr m/thread/ccbd9afeb33f0cdb/e991c1faf1f02314 In article <596DD3DD-39F8-4A52-8D90-C0E4763E4575@microsoft.com>, TomKat...

changed eurosign in to DJE (?)
In microsoft money 2006 in windows XP the euro sign suddenly changed from ? to DJE (?) how to repair. I changed under tools the euro sign in ? when money is restarted it is again changed to DJE (?) on internet I found this : example, the Euro symbol (?) is hex 80 (decimal 128) in Windows-1252, but in Windows-1251 the value hex 80 represents the capital letter DJE (?) and hex 88 is the Euro. So, when the computer sees the value 80, it depends on the current system locale setting how it is going to display that character. so I tried to change my local settings but it did not help. Any sugge...

How can I change the background color of an multiline and read only edit box?
Hi: I create a MFC dialog based project. I put a Edit Box on it with read only and multiline propertys. My question is, How can I change it background color from Dark gray to White? "mRbEn" <mrben_2004@126.com> wrote in message news:efssCIRJFHA.3076@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi: > I create a MFC dialog based project. I put a Edit Box on it with read only > and multiline propertys. My question is, How can I change it background > color from Dark gray to White? > > Handle the WM_CTLCOLOR message in the dialog or formview that contains the control... HBRUS...

Edit Chart to Change Source Data
Background: A decade-plus ago, Excel would allow you to create a chart (based upon cell data), then allow you to select a datapoint in the chart, and literally drag the datapoint, resulting in a change to the cell data value. This was great for visually doing 'what if' examinations (a poor man's method of NOT having to use Goal Seeks!). This capability died out at some point. Is there a way to do this in Excel 2007? Any suggestions? wamiller36 - > Is there a way to do this in Excel 2007? < No. It's what Microsoft calls a "deprecated" feature. >...

change the default "From" when sending emails
Hi, Here is my problem: My CSRs only use emails addresses attached to the queues when sending/answering customers. Problem is that, even though the case/activity is owned by the user attached to the queue, emails from the CSRs are sent with their personal email addresses. We are managing various queues so it's not possible to just swap the email address with another one but is it possible to do it by checking a field in the case (a custome field that indicate which product...so which queue)? Thanks Eric ...

crazy changes in Word 2000
I know I'm using a really old version, but it's the one my employers installed on my computer. Everything was working ifne, but some things are going crazy. I could finish typing a paragraph, hit enter to start the next one, and the font and size reverts back to the default (which I'm unable to change permanently due to users' security being limited). Also, I opened up a document I'd been working on, and anything that was on the top line of the page has moved in an inch. The tabs are all exactly the same as they were before, and haven't been touched....

how to stop last edit date changing when record just viewed or copied
I want a textbox (DateChanged) on the subform (sfmStakeholder_Details) to reflect the date the record was last changed. This subform has a number of tabs and often I need to view the tabs and/or copy text (Ctrl +C) without editing or changing DateChanged. There may also be a number of records (Stakeholder_Details) for each frmStakeholder and I don't want the date changing when they are passed using the navigation record selector or when the details are copied into a new record (thus ruling out Dirty or BeforeUpdate??). I tried using sfmStakeholder_Details_AfterUpdate but the form loads wit...

Columns headings changed to numbers in all of my worksheets
Recently, and I do not know how, all of the column headings in all of my worksheets changed to numbers (i.e. 1-4) as opposed to letters (as they are supposed to be). Any ideas on how I can change the default settings of Excel 2003 to give me letters for the column headings again (preferably for all worksheets)? I much prefer A1 as a reference to a specific cell than R1C1. Goto the menu Tools>Options>General tab>uncheck R1C1 reference style>OK -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "thunderhead" <thunderhead@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C13F4B62...

Windows Live Sign In Service
I'm having a problem where the Windows Live Sign In service is not starting automatically. Every time I boot I go into Services, set it to Automatic and start it, but it reverts back to "Manual" at the next boot. Anyone else seeing this? Known bug? On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 07:33:14 -0700, Victek wrote: > I'm having a problem where the Windows Live Sign In service is not starting > automatically. Every time I boot I go into Services, set it to Automatic > and start it, but it reverts back to "Manual" at the next boot. Anyone else > seei...

Email format changing when moving to next cell
I have an excel spreadsheet I created for when we get a new customer. The user opens the protected sheet and enters info by tabbing from cell to cell. I have changed the format of the email address cell to be Arial Narrow and bold, when I enter info and tab or enter out of that field the formatting changes to Arial and unbolded. How can I keep the format I want instead of what excel wants to default to? Thanks for the help! Kat in WI On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 16:17:49 -0500, "Kat" <kat@nospam.com> wrote: >I have an excel spreadsheet I created for when we get a ...

sum cells with numbers
This shouldn't be too diffacult but I can't seem to find the function that would allow me to sum the cells with numbers and then divide that by the number of blank cells. e.g. cells A1:A5, if A1 is 5, A2 is 10 and cells A3 through A5 are blank then the answer would be 5. 5+10/3=5 I tried isnumber and isblank but that doesn't work. Any ideas? What result do you want if all the cells contain numbers? Biff "mmcap" <mmcap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A310857-9441-4187-AF8C-2A27749BA62A@microsoft.com... > This shouldn't be too diffacu...

how to Sum last 10 values of a dynamic column excluding zero
hi, i have this formula =SUM(OFFSET(P2,MATCH(1E+30,P:P)-1,0,-10,1)) which sums the last ten values in column P, i was hoping someone could amend it slightly for me. As column P is dependent on other entries the entire column has 0 in it which makes this formula ineffective, i can't put an IF formula into column P because then that wrecks other formulas that need column P, so i need to work in a way of excluding zero into the forumla above. Also, the formula does not work until there are ten values in the column, is there any way to make it work and count the values up until ...

Automatic sequential numbering where a value changes
Hello! I have items coming to me from various areas, which get recorded in a spreadsheet and given the next number in a list. A manager reviews the item, and then approves or otherwise So the spreadsheet looks like this: Request number; Area; Details ;Approved/Not Approved 1 - Green - DaDa - Approved 2 - Green - DaDa - Approved 3 - Red - DaDa - Approved 4 - Red - DaDa - Not Approved 5 - Green - DaDa - Approved 6 - Red - DaDa - Approved I want to put in a column that automatically puts in the approval number for each area. So in this example, request 5 would be approval num...

Changing the labels on a form via VBA
Apologies if this is really stupid question... In Excel 95 my forms were via Dialog sheets and setting the name of labels via VBA was easily achieved by : DialogSheets("Dialog1").label(x).text = lab_txtname where x represented the label number and lab_txname the name I wanted the label to have(at run time the data on the sheet determines the label names for dynamic form creation) However, now I have moved to Excel 97, dialog sheets have become User forms, but I've tried the same syntax as above, but with UserForm1, rather than Dialog1, but it isn't working. Can anyone te...

Conditional/variable sum??
Hi, I am trying to sum the sales values of months (say Jan to Mar) with the start month being fixed and the end month being a variable. I have therefore named a cell as my EndMonth and want my sum to change automatically every time I change my EndMonth variable. ie. if the sales values for Jan to Dec are in range B2 to M2, I want my sum to change automatically from B2:D2 for the period Jan to Mar to B2:G2 for the period Jan to Jun. Is there a function for this? I tried Index for no luck. A B C D E F G En...

Sum function on subform error
Hi I have a main form that contains a subform the main form is an invoice and the subform is the parts of the invoice and on the footer of the subform I have a sum function that gives the total. =Sum([SPQty]*[SPUnitPrice]) my problem is stability. Somtimes it works fine and somtimes I get an Error that seems to go on endlessly like its in some kind of calculating error loop. when I run the subform on its own and not inside the main form the sum function always works fine every time but when its within the main form as a subform it works only somtimes. any comments or help please Im using VI...