IF Formula 04-09-10

I have formula =min(312,200+8) and im trying to add the IF function to it as
well, with the logic that if 0<312 that the text will change a certain color
if true and a different color if its false.  Is there a way to do this?

SilviaG;695091 Wrote:

I have formula =min(312,200+8) and im trying to add the IF function to
it as
> well, with the logic that if 0<312 that the text will change a certain
color
> if true and a different color if its false.  Is there a way to do
this?

Use conditional formatting? Functions can't change formatting itself.

--
Dulanic
Dulanic's Profile: 1734

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

0
Dulanic
4/9/2010 5:21:41 PM
To change colour based on a condition, the feature you want to look up in
Excel help is "conditional formatting".
--
David Biddulph

"SilviaG" <SilviaG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have formula =min(312,200+8) and im trying to add the IF function to it
> as
> well, with the logic that if 0<312 that the text will change a certain
> color
> if true and a different color if its false.  Is there a way to do this?

0
David

Conditional formula results
I would like to caluclate MIN and MAX on a column of numbers based on text in another column. For example, the numbers are in column B and column Q has "test failed" or some other text in it or no text at all. I want to include values from column B and calculate the MIN and MAX if column Q has "test failed" in that row and in another cell, calculate MIN and MAX if column Q has anything other than "test failed". Any help you can offer is appreciated. Scott in Ottawa R1: =IF(Q1="test failed",MAX(B:B),"") S1: =IF(Q1="test failed...

MATCH formula #3
Thanks. I'll try out those suggestions. De -- da ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dah's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=649 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27191 ...

Formula Help #39
I am using a way to do the following column1 column 2 column 3 (2+3)+(3*5) 5+15 20 in the first column I want to be able to see the expresion in the second column I want to have the result of each parenthesis and in the final column the result Please help Thanks Stelios ...

New formula: = does not disappear
In an excel sheet, I am typing in a new formula: "=Master!C271". However, instead of showing what is in that cell, it shows the formula. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks! Hi Mike tools / options / view - untick formulas or the cell was preformatted as text, use edit / replace - look for: = replace with: = this tends to fix it Cheers JulieD "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78BE9332-7E2F-4DB9-8D84-DE485BB6A878@microsoft.com... > In an excel sheet, I am typing in a new formula: "=Master!C271". However, > ins...

Need help creating a formula
I would like to create a formula that will check to see if there is value in one of two cells, multiply the found value by a value i another cell and return a total. Specifically: Cell B1 Cell B2 CellB3 Either B1 or B2 will contain a value, not both. If B1 has a value, it will be multiplied by the value in B37 and th result displayed in B3. If B2 has a value, it will be multiplied by the value in B38 and th result displayed in B3. Th -- storeman496 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- storeman4966's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.ph...

Calculate/Update Formulas
Lately, I have been having difficulties getting Excel to update existing formulas. I press F9 to update/calcuate and nothing happens. However, if I go to a particular cell with a formula, hit F2 to edit and simply press the enter key, the formula updates. What gives? Is this some type of virus? Thanks for any feedback. Hi could you post this specific formula? Also does hitting CTRL+ALT+F9 change the value -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Kevin wrote: > Lately, I have been having difficulties getting Excel to > update existing formulas. I press F9 to update/calcuat...

MAIL 05-25-10
I am fine to mail? ...

In HQ make works sheets formulas go cross tables..
It would be great to have more functionality in the HQ worksheet formula's if you add a supplier and they have a lot of items, but the costs are the same, a lot of time could be saved if you could copy the cost from the standard cost. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in...

formulas between worksheets
could any body tell me if it is possible to create a formula that allows you for example to input a number in worksheet 1 and for that number to automatically appear in worksheet 2? This formula on any sheet would make the cell equal to Sheet 1 A1 =Sheet1!A1 Mike "ollie" wrote: > could any body tell me if it is possible to create a formula that allows you > for example to input a number in worksheet 1 and for that number to > automatically appear in worksheet 2? thankyou so much > This formula on any sheet would make the cell equal to Sheet 1 A1 > > =She...

excel formula #11
I am working on a bonus chart and this is what I am trying to do: If an employee keeps his liquid tempatures under 40 degrees the recieve 100 points. If they are higher than 40 degrees they get points. the problem is they have two temperature check per week. I they are over on one of the checks they will not get the 100 points. can I have one formula to check both cells (Both checks) without usin an average between the two temps? I have tried playing with "IF formulas until I am blue in the face. Please help Thanks Mike Manick Longmont, Colorad -- Message posted from http://www.Exc...

Multiple Possibilitiy formula (IF or Table or Array)
Using XL 2000 work 2003 home Need easiest way to formula"ize" the following: Column (A) is the linked-cell value in an XL dropdown box. Column (B) is the value that column (A) needs to be converted to to upload to MS Access. Description (A) (B) Strongly Agree 2 4 Agree 3 3 Disagree 4 2 Strongly Disagree 5 1 No knowledge 6 0 (No Answer) 7 0 Therefore, the selection of "Strongly Agree" causes the linked dropdown box to equal 2 in column (A). I need the (B) value to equal 4 ...

microsoft money 2004 09-17-03
I just installed the Money 2004 on this computer and whenever I try to start the program, the error message: Reporting Details: This error report includes: information regarding the condition of Microsoft Money when the problem occurred; the operating system version and computer hardware in use; your Digital Product ID, which could be used to identify your license; and the IP address of your computer. What do I do? ...

Macro Help 11-24-09
I have one workbook of data (1 tab) that has data for 20 different Sales Reps (different names). I need to copy all data for "Rep A" into a separate worksheet, and same for "Rep B" and so on. At the end I would have 1 tab for all data and 20 tabs with the data for each rep. Basically, I need to copy and paste each rep data into a new worksheet within the same workbook but didn't want to do it manually. I hope this makes sense. See Ron de Bruin's site for code. http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm Also check out his easyfilter add-in. http://www.ro...

Bold part of formula results
Windows XP Professional Office 2000 I have a formula that produces a sentence based on the value of a cell: =IF(H18>=0,CONCATENATE("Shpt Volume Increased ",TEXT(H18,".0%")," Y-O-Y"),CONCATENATE("Shpt Volume Decreased ",(TEXT(-H18,".0%"))," Y-O-Y")) I want the word "Increased" or the word "Decreased" to be bold in the resultant cell. Does anyone know the correct way to achieve this? Thanks in advance for any help you may provide! Rita Palazzi Senior Engineer / Global Trade Services FecEx Express Hi thi...

Excel formula to add color filled entries
I have been trying to figure out a formula so it will add only the specified color filled entries. EX. I have a spreadsheet of 2000 lines. I want it to add the 75 lines that I have highlighted yellow. Anyone have an aswer for me? Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html Processing Coloured Cells -- HTH RP "Fustrated in Edmonton" <Fustrated in Edmonton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8970AF2F-B942-42CD-AF5C-3713BCEC92BC@microsoft.com... > I have been trying to figure out a formula so it will add only the specified >...

How to upgrade from GP6.0 to 10.0
I know that we can upgrade from GP 7.5 or 8.0 - to 9.0. And also from GP 8.0 or 9.0 - to 10.0. I would like to know how can we upgrade from GP 6.0 to 10.0. Is it from 6.0 to 7.5 to 9.0 and then to 10.0 ? Please confirm. On Jul 31, 10:37=A0am, Systems Advisers <SystemsAdvis...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I know that we can upgrade from GP 7.5 or 8.0 - to 9.0. > And also from GP 8.0 or 9.0 - to 10.0. > I would like to know how can we upgrade from GP 6.0 to 10.0. Is it from 6= ..0 > to 7.5 to 9.0 and then to 10.0 ? > Please confirm. You are in for a rough ride m...

eConnect #10
Dear All, I did an integration application in cv.net 2005 with developer tool kit to integrate purchase order to microsoft dynamics. How do i distribute the application to client machines. Should i create a set up file for the application and install it on each client. Can i just put an exe file in shared location and just create a short cut on each clinet. I was trying to create the set up and i got the following warning econnect90.dll cannot be included. And after insallation the clint machine is giving error, it is not running the application. Any helps will be greatly appreciated....

captech 11-09-07
captech egilance ������ҵ ...

Counting based on a formula's result
Hi, I had a question about counting based on the result of the formula "Type(A1)". I needed to count cells in a range if their Type was =2. I also wanted to accomplish this in a single formula. In the past I have used Sumproduct to count. So to count the occurances of the word "Car" in the range A1:A100--> =Sumproduct((A1:A100="Car")*1) I tried using sumproduct and the type function but it did not work. Is there any way to do this, maybe with an array formula? Thanks Hi Jeff the following works for me: =COUNTIF(A1:A100,1) and =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100=1...

text / formula help
Hi, trying to find a number within text, to do a calculation on it. Item is as: :060101 at the left of a cell, with text following. (if can treat as a date in another cell: to add/subtract 5 days, would be the 2nd question). thanks Hi, Use =DATE(MID(A1,6,2),MID(A1,4,2),MID(A1,2,2)+5) where A1 has the number and text. I have assumed that the number position is exactly as you described. The formula might change if not. Regards Govind. nastech wrote: > Hi, trying to find a number within text, to do a calculation on it. Item is as: > :060101 at the left of a cell, with text fo...

Excel shortcut key "Cut" Ctrl+X come up a formula to me why?
When I use keyboard shortcut key Ctrl+X (Cut) and come up a formula that =+"upper cell" and can't be undo. Is there any way I can set my short cut key for "Cut & Paste"? That sounds like you have a Macro that's been allocated the Ctrl+X shortcut. If that's causing you difficulty, you could re-allocate the Macro's shortcut key, or even delete the macro entirely if you no longer have any use for it. Rgds, ScottO "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F70CDCCE-FC0E-46F8-9547-DBC32228D79D@microsoft.com... | When I...

UPgrade 9 to 10
I am running a test upgrade from v9 to v10. I am doing the option to upgrade the security. When I try and run GP10 utililties to start the upgrade, I get the following error message: File Not Found: C:\program files\microsoft dynamics\GP$GPLOCAL10\SQL\0\Upgrade.dll.UPGRADE_9_0_314.DRIVER.INI My only option is to click OK, and then GP utilities exits. Anyone else run into this and what did you do to correct? thanks Doug -- Doug On Apr 3, 8:21 am, Doug <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am running a test upgrade from v9 to v10. I am doing the option to upgrade >...

Formula calculation
I have a simple amount due to contractors and a schedule of payments when they reach certain points in the job (ie 25% 50% 75% 100%). The calculations work out fien if everything goes according to schedule. But, if we amend the contract and increase the contract price, say, after the 50% payment is made....when I change the original amount, the two pyments already made will now change to their respective percentage of the NEW total amount. I don't want my data entry person to have to manually figure the payments. Is there a simple fix for this issue? Example: Original Data ...

excel formula problem #4
Thanks For That, It Works Brilliantly, Youre A Geniu -- jimbo69 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jimbo693's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1421 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=25844 ...