Icon Sets - Display icon in one cell depending upon value in anoth

I would like to display in cell A2 a red diamond if the value in
U2="Storage"; a Green Circle if the value in U2="Central Files" "Office" or
Floor"; and a yellow triangle if the value in U2="Missing".

I saw the response to "ICON Arrows UP or DOWN", but I couldn't understand
where the different parts were supposed to go.

Nolene, you can put an IF statement in column A that reflects the information
in column U:

=IF(U2="Storage", 1,IF(or(U2="Central
File",U2="Office",U2="Floor"),2,IF(U2="Missing"),1,""))))

I think I have enough closing parenthesis there . .

Then, use conditional formatting to define if the result in column A is 1
then . . . if the result in column A is 2 then etc

I didn't however double check to make sure than conditional formatting has a
set of icons that included a red diamond, a green circle and a yellow
triangle --

"Nolene" wrote:

> I would like to display in cell A2 a red diamond if the value in
> U2="Storage"; a Green Circle if the value in U2="Central Files" "Office" or
> Floor"; and a yellow triangle if the value in U2="Missing".
>
> I saw the response to "ICON Arrows UP or DOWN", but I couldn't understand
> where the different parts were supposed to go.
That worked. I guess I should have said that this was for using Conditional
Formatting Icon Sets in Excel 2007.

I didn't quite understand how to enter the data for the icons, but I figured
it out. For others wondering, I gave the entire column A Conditional
Formatting with the Icon Sets with the 3 signs style and Show Icon Only. Then
I made the green value >= 3 and chose number for the Type; and yellow >=2
(number). Then I had to fix the formula so that Central Files/Office/Floor
was 3 (instead of 2) and Missing was 2 (instead of 1). Then I just copied it
down the column.

"nita" wrote:

> Nolene, you can put an IF statement in column A that reflects the information
> in column U:
>
> =IF(U2="Storage", 1,IF(or(U2="Central File",U2="Office",U2="Floor"),2,IF(U2="Missing"),1,""))))
>
> I think I have enough closing parenthesis there . .
>
> Then, use conditional formatting to define if the result in column A is 1
> then . . . if the result in column A is 2 then etc
>
> I didn't however double check to make sure than conditional formatting has a
> set of icons that included a red diamond, a green circle and a yellow
> triangle --
>
> "Nolene" wrote:
>
> > I would like to display in cell A2 a red diamond if the value in
> > U2="Storage"; a Green Circle if the value in U2="Central Files" "Office" or
> > Floor"; and a yellow triangle if the value in U2="Missing".
> >
> > I saw the response to "ICON Arrows UP or DOWN", but I couldn't understand
> > where the different parts were supposed to go.

Calculating average discarding lowest value
How can I calculate an average automatically dropping the lowest value--I am requested to use SUM, MIN and Count functions. Thanks I think it would be =(SUM(range)-MIN(range)) / (count(range)-1)) replace the word range with your actual range A1:A5 eg, http://www.excel-ant.co.uk inspiredtoo wrote: > How can I calculate an average automatically dropping the lowest value--I am > requested to use SUM, MIN and Count functions. > Thanks Thanks, that is a great help and it did work, however it only requires one bracket after the -1, or at least that is what the "formula fixer...

How to run a program from another
Hi, I need to run another program from a main program, ie. assume that there are two programs, mainprogram.exe and subprogarm.exe. Now while running the mainprogram.exe, the program needs to start the program subprogram.exe. What instruction(s) do I need to add to the C++ code for mainprogram to accomplish this? Thanks in advance, Raj try to use CreateProcess and pass the filename in 2nd parameter! "Rajesh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2d18c01c39450$47cd0960$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I need to run another program from a ma...

Cells Highlighted
I have a very large excel file, which when I click on an individual cel many other cells are all highlighted in a group. Any ideas, is it something obvious ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Conditional Formatting might be engaged. To see all cells in a sheet that have CF, at the menu, Edit, Goto, SpecialButton, Check Conditional Formatting, OK Delete, or modify....

Cell format and lookups
Hi Group, I have a time sheet which logs skills of those on duty. Cell formatting is applied to the duty skill manager to easily distinguish him on the time sheet. I have created reference tables with links to these sheets and then use lookups linked to a scroll bar to create a static master table so managers are able to view skills available spanning the whole year. The problem is that the formatting I use to show the duty manager is of course not carried over to the master table. Is it possible to read the original cell formatting and apply it to the master table created by the lookups. ...

prompt user to select a cell for use ina formula
I would like to creat a macro to do the following: 1) Move the focus to a specific area on my spreadsheet. (A listing of paper types and weights, with multiple weights per paper type.) 2) Then prompt the user to select the appropriate cell, by actually selecting that cell not just entering the cell reference, and then to press the "enter" key. 3) Upon pressing enter to move back to the location of the command button that activated the macro. 4) Place the cell that was selected by the user into a specific cell. (This cell is then used in a formula.) Any and all help will b...

Swap Cells
Is there an easy way to select two cells and swap them? Thanks, W Wolfe Depends on your definition of easy. Temporarily, click and drag the first cell to an empty cell. Click and drag the 2nd cell to the 1st cell. Click and drag the temporary cell to the 2nd cell. Depending on how far apart the cells are, it may be easier to use cut+paste rather than click-and-drag. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Multi-disciplinary business expertise + Technology skills = Optimal solution to your business problem Recipient Microsoft MVP award 2000-2005 In article <#WTIBH...

Multiple numbers in a cell separated by a comma, need separate cel
Multiple numbers in a cell separated by a comma, need separate cells. Is ther a way to take the contents of cell A1 (contains: 192410, 192413, 90704, ....) and "separate" the data to individual cells (without entering manually)? Thanks. Use text to columns facility. Works even when data is not text. Paste data into A1 then highlight extent of data just in col A. Hit text to columns. Chose delimited. Next. Delimiters comma (uncheck others). This should now have appearance of columns. Next. Format cols as general. Finish. Russell Dawson Excel Student Ple...

automatic total of selected cells
Usually if I select a column or row of cells, I can see the total at the bottom of the worksheet - this seems to have disappeared. How do I get it back? I know this is dead simple, but I can't find the answer in help. The area is called the Status Bar. Right-click the Bar and select the desired function to appear there. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200826 "MarlboroughT&C" wrote: > Usually if I select a column or row of cells, I can see the total at the > bottom of the worksheet - this seems to have disappeared. How do I get it > back? I know this is de...

Drag a file(path) from an Access Form into another app?
I’ve read all about dragging files INTO Access forms, and dragging and dropping data between controls on Access forms. I need to do something different: MyApp has a subform with a list of files in a folder on the local HD. Currently I have buttons that opens the file using a Shell() command. The Users want to be able to drag files out of the list (on the subform in Access) and into other programs (like Notepad or Word), and have them open just like you dragged a file there out of windows explorer. I downloaded modules that “expose that Windows API” before, I’m assuming ...

How can I search for and display actual record numbers in Access?
I have a form that has several fields to save data in for achieve purposes. I also have a search form that pulls that data and displays it, each in an individual line. It would be ideal to be able to click on a search result and then on the main form have that record be displayed. I do not know how to do that, so I was hoping to just be able to display the record number in the search results so that you can just type it in the main form and go right to that record number. I am unable to do that either, I tried several combinations of displaying something like me.currentrecord for ...

I want a cell should 2 accept only >=0 or <=30 or Y or N
I want a cell should to accept >=0 or <=30 or Y or N Regards Brijesh =OR(AND(A1>=0,A1<=30),A1="Y",A1="N") In "Custom" for Data Validation. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Brijesh Poojary" <Brijesh Poojary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F46DC05-D143-407F-BB81-D5D9109914D6@microsoft.com... > > I want a cell should to accept >=0 or <=30 or Y or N > > Regards > Brijesh ...

How do I make the heading cells always display?
Hi I want the cells (column heading) at the top of the worksheet to always display as I scroll up and down the worksheet? Thanks Mark Aus Assuming your headings are in row 1, select cell A2 and do Window > FreezePanes...........if they are in a nother row, select the cell in column A just below that row. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Clubsprint" <clubsprint@nospam.com> wrote in message news:e726a6$2hk$1@news-01.bur.connect.com.au... > Hi > I want the cells (column heading) at the top of the worksheet to always > display as I scroll > up and down the work...

How to set default delimiter for text files...
Hello, Database produces output files as text delimited files with CSV extension. Problem is that different versions of ms excel has different default delimiter: comma or semicolon. How to configure ms-excel: default field separator (delimiter), to be the same on all workstations opening these files ? Open must be full automatic - just by clicking CSV file in the explorer, users are not a gurus.. Thanks and regards, GG On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 13:33:21 +0200, "GG" <iksio1@no_spam.gazeta.pl> wrote: >Hello, > >Database produces output files as text delimited files with C...

wrong format for month in cell
Hi all, Using Excel 2003 on Windows XP Pro. sp2 I have a date in a cell like this 03/01/2008. let say cell B1 Under format cell; Category = Date , Type = *03/14/2008 In another cell I have a formula like this; =MONTH(B1) Under format cell; Category = Custom, Type = mmmm the result = January. what??? I want it to be March, don't understand why it thinks 01 = month? Not sure why it would not be; 03 = month, 01 = Day, 2008 = year Will on top of wanting the correct format that I mentioned for month above, I also need it be be the previous months name? so the value in the c...

Too many cell formats #2
I have a set of spreadsheets that I am unable to change the format of any cells. When I try to change the background color, font or font size, an error message pops up saying there are too many cell formats. I really want to avoid having to re-create all of these spreadsheets. Please help. Thank you. Excel has a built in limit to the number of cell formats. You have reached that limit. As the message indicates, you cannot use any additional cell formats. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "wsdanalyst" <...

How can I translate text in many cells of an Excel sheet from English to Greek with VBA
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet with thousands of rows and columns of text that I'd like to translate into Greek. Can anyone tell me how I might do that using VBA with some free service or API online? Many thanks in advance. Kim Kim wrote, on 01st March 2012 00:11 UTC + 1 : > Hi all, > > I have a spreadsheet with thousands of rows and columns of text that > I'd like to translate into Greek. > > Can anyone tell me how I might do that using VBA with some free > service or API online? > > Many thanks in advance. > > Kim Hello, This is a quite classical...

Disabling Standard Icons
I am running Office 2003 and I want to assign a error message to the SAVE icon on the StandardToolbar to disable the standard save function to get the user to use another save button that I have set up on the Sheet. I know it can be done because I have it on a spreadsheet someone elsse set up but I cannot find where they set it up. It needs to be done in such a way that it stays with the sheet (not with the PC) as the sheet will be given out to multiple PC's Any help would be most apprciated. Ignore this one .. it got posted twice .. "Learning" wrote: > I ...

cell reference problem #2
I am trouble with cell references in a spreadsheet. Some cells will display the cell reference rather than the value it points to. For example the cell will display =A1 as text rather than the content of that cell. What could cause this???????? thanks in advance david Hi David, First check that you have calculation turned on. Tools, Options, Calculation, automatic calculation If that is the problem and it recurs, see my slowresp to see how to spot the problem earlier. The other possibility is that you have Text formatting instead of General or a numeric format. Other things t...

Public Folder Limits
Hi We have Outlook Security public folder configured on our server. A while ago it decieded to delete the post that configures the outlook settings. How can I setup exchange to never delete this item? The folder itself is configured for 'Use Public Folder Defaults', the Server\First Storage Group\Public Folder Store > Properties > Limits > Age Limits is NULL. Any advice would be much apprecitated Thanks B On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:01:50 +0100, "Ben" <Ben@NoSpam.com> wrote: >Hi > >We have Outlook Security public folder configured on our serve...

Unable to detect language settings in eventviewer Outlook Client 4
Hello, another problem with the outlook client 4.0. A view machines get the following error in the eventlog : Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMAddin Event Category: None Event ID: 5909 Date: 7/11/2008 Time: 9:27:42 AM User: N/A Computer: NLCAPD9VQS72J Description: The Microsoft CRM Outlook add-in failed to initialize the user's language setting. Restart Microsoft Outlook and try again. HR=0x8013150b. Context=. Function=CAddin::HrActivateAddin. Line=650. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. The user has FULL access to...

Data from 1 sheet to another sheet in same worksheet but then sorted....
I'm importing data from other worksheets with the database query function, this does carry a possibility to sort but due to specific matters I can't use the sorting function. My idea is now to have the data thus important automatically listen on another sheet in the same worksheet but on another sheet but this time sorted according to certain criteria. I'm sure this is easy with lists etc and filters, but what I'm looking for is something simple where even I can work with. Your suggestions are very welcome, thanks, martin ...

Min value excluding 0 and another criteria
Hi I am trying to exclude zero plus add another criteria in calculating the min value of a column. I want the other criteria to be the text value of a different column. For instance column A has dog, cat, fish, etc (up to 16 category types) and column B has age. I am trying to find min age for each category and not include zero. I know this will find the min age of everything =MIN(IF($G$5:$G$40>0, $G$5:$G$40)) but i am at a lost for how to incoporate the other criteria any suggestions would greatly be appreciated On Apr 24, 10:41=A0pm, calebmich...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi > >...

Attachments to one address and not another?
Outlook 2007 - Is it possible to send an attachment to an email address (ex -in the 'To' field), but not send the attachment to another address (ex - in the 'Bcc' field) for the same message? No. TimBCC wrote: > Outlook 2007 - Is it possible to send an attachment to an email address (ex > -in the 'To' field), but not send the attachment to another address (ex - in > the 'Bcc' field) for the same message? Didn't think so, but thought I'd ask. Thanks. "Bob I" wrote: > No. > > TimBCC wrote: > &...

Return to a previous cell
I have a macro button in a frozen pane which finds and goes to another occurrence of the contents of the active cell, often several hundred rows below the active cell. I'd like to have a macro that would take me back to the first cell. I figured it out myself. (give self pat on back) "Ken G." wrote: > I have a macro button in a frozen pane which finds and goes to another > occurrence of the contents of the active cell, often several hundred rows > below the active cell. I'd like to have a macro that would take me back to > the first cell. I actually hav...

pasting linked excel cell and maintaining formatting no matter wha
I am linked pasting a data cell from Excel into Word. I am using the paste special, paste link: unformatted text I make adjustments to the font and font size in Word. I goto Excel, and I modify the text in the cell and go back to Word and it changes. How can I get the formatting to stay the same, no matter what? In Word, make sure to modify the *paragraph style* applied to text. That way you would prevent any unexpected changes when the OLE link is updated. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "JEB" wrote: > I am linked pasting a data cell from Exce...