Icon Sets - Display icon in one cell depending upon value in anoth

I would like to display in cell A2 a red diamond if the value in
U2="Storage"; a Green Circle if the value in U2="Central Files" "Office" or
Floor"; and a yellow triangle if the value in U2="Missing".

I saw the response to "ICON Arrows UP or DOWN", but I couldn't understand
where the different parts were supposed to go.

Nolene, you can put an IF statement in column A that reflects the information
in column U:

=IF(U2="Storage", 1,IF(or(U2="Central
File",U2="Office",U2="Floor"),2,IF(U2="Missing"),1,""))))

I think I have enough closing parenthesis there . .

Then, use conditional formatting to define if the result in column A is 1
then . . . if the result in column A is 2 then etc

I didn't however double check to make sure than conditional formatting has a
set of icons that included a red diamond, a green circle and a yellow
triangle --

"Nolene" wrote:

> I would like to display in cell A2 a red diamond if the value in
> U2="Storage"; a Green Circle if the value in U2="Central Files" "Office" or
> Floor"; and a yellow triangle if the value in U2="Missing".
>
> I saw the response to "ICON Arrows UP or DOWN", but I couldn't understand
> where the different parts were supposed to go.
That worked. I guess I should have said that this was for using Conditional
Formatting Icon Sets in Excel 2007.

I didn't quite understand how to enter the data for the icons, but I figured
it out. For others wondering, I gave the entire column A Conditional
Formatting with the Icon Sets with the 3 signs style and Show Icon Only. Then
I made the green value >= 3 and chose number for the Type; and yellow >=2
(number). Then I had to fix the formula so that Central Files/Office/Floor
was 3 (instead of 2) and Missing was 2 (instead of 1). Then I just copied it
down the column.

"nita" wrote:

> Nolene, you can put an IF statement in column A that reflects the information
> in column U:
>
> =IF(U2="Storage", 1,IF(or(U2="Central File",U2="Office",U2="Floor"),2,IF(U2="Missing"),1,""))))
>
> I think I have enough closing parenthesis there . .
>
> Then, use conditional formatting to define if the result in column A is 1
> then . . . if the result in column A is 2 then etc
>
> I didn't however double check to make sure than conditional formatting has a
> set of icons that included a red diamond, a green circle and a yellow
> triangle --
>
> "Nolene" wrote:
>
> > I would like to display in cell A2 a red diamond if the value in
> > U2="Storage"; a Green Circle if the value in U2="Central Files" "Office" or
> > Floor"; and a yellow triangle if the value in U2="Missing".
> >
> > I saw the response to "ICON Arrows UP or DOWN", but I couldn't understand
> > where the different parts were supposed to go.

Summing values
Hi, I have several columns of data in the format "nnt" where n= numeric value, t=text. I need to sum up the numeric values, based on the text value. Is there any way I can do this? Thanks for the help. You need to give us more information, is it always 2 digits and one text character or can there be more than one text character? What would the condition be. For a test assume there is always one text character and always at the end 12t 1n 24t 9t 16n assume you want to sum all the numeric values that ends with the text character t =SUMPRODUCT(--(RIGHT(A1:A5)="t"...

How do I add row total when cell contains both number and letter .
I have a timesheet spreadsheet. Cell contents include hours and coding. Example: 8 (8 hours regular pay-no letter) or 8V (8 hours vacation pay). I want to have a total at the end but my formula will only read the cells that don't have a letter after the number. If the text value is always "V" you could use something like =SUM(IF(RIGHT(A18:A21,1)="V",VALUE(LEFT(A18:A21,LEN(A18:A21)-1)),A18:A21)) entered as an array formula (control-shift -return) If there are other codes than just V, it gets a little more complex. if the coding is never more than just one charac...

Money 2006 Portfolio two different values for Annualized Return
I have the test drive version of Money 2006. In the portfolio manager, I have the Annualize Return column visible. This provides values for each holding, each account, and the entire portfolio. At the bottom of the portfolio manager, I have selected Annualized Return as one of the three to display. My totals line my portfolio displays an annualized return of 7.5%, on the bottom, it displays 10%. I bounced around changing the bottom line to display values such Cost Basis, Market Value, and Total Returns and these all match the line labeled as Total Portfolio Value ($). I believe t...

How do I indicate a empty or blank cell in an IF function?
I am trying to do a simple IF function but don't know how to indicate if a cell is empty or blank then I want a certain text value returned. What I am trying is: =IF('Sheet 1'!A15=IS NULL,"NO","YES") What I want is if the cell indicated on an other sheet is empty or blank then the word NO to appear in the formula cell and if it does have text then YES to appear. How can I do this? Hope I made myself clear enough. I couldn't figure out how to ask help the right way to get the correct answer. Thanks for all of your help! Never Mind. I seem to ha...

Get outlook icon back on desktop. How?
I accidentally deleted the Outlook icon (office 2000) on my desktop of a 2003 server. How do I get it back? Apparently it's not just a copy or shortcut of outlook.exe. I already tried that. Dave Fixed it. I just did a "detect and repair" with "recreate icons" checked. ------------------------------------------- "Dave Niemeyer" <nospamdniemeye@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OWYKMCpeEHA.2804@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I accidentally deleted the Outlook icon (office 2000) on my desktop of a > 2003 server. How do I get it back? Apparentl...

Excel 2003
When I click on the end of a formula in a cell, I usually get all the associated cells highlighted with different coloured borders. I have one workbook with several sheets where this no longer happens on just one sheet. Is there some option I need to turn on in the sheet to make the coloured cell borders appear? Or might it be something to do with very recently using automaic update to bring my Office 2003 up to date? Any assistance much appreciated. Tom Walker You should always get *exactly* the same actions if you would click in the formula bar. As far as having the cell itself h...

How to set publisher 2007 as default program...
I have publisher 2007 and 2003 installed on my computer (my company wants to keep the old version in case the new version doesnt work out). Everytime I open one of my Publisher (.pub) files, it opens in Publisher 2003. My question is, how do I set all my .pub files to open in Publisher 2007 not 2003. I have searched high and low and cannot find an answer. I have already attempted set the program default, but it does nothing. (I Right-clicked, properties, Change Default program... Publisher 2007 is not listed. I browsed for the .exe file for Publisher 2007 (which has the same name as th...

Map one more column map within a single XSD element.
Map one more column map within a single XSD element. I have export the xml file from the excel file format, the data has in one more column a xml element data. How can I map one more column? In my XSD (problem is "sub-item" element) <xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xsd:element name="body"> <xsd:complexType> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="item-group" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"> <xsd:complexType> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="item...

Help please
Hi everybody, what can be the reason why for some crm users in our domain, the incoming replies originating from crm contacts are populated as an activity but for some others they are not (eventhough replies come to their outlook inbox folder). Am I missing something in terms of user rights for that users? Any help will be appreciated! Thanks Have all the users had the CRMEMailEnable setting added to their profile in AD? -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Isil" <Isil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A86BDB4-F184-45D0-9A38-3C1D1470B88B@microsoft.com....

WSDL generates with wrong "minOccurs" values
Using the XSD.exe tool, I created a number of classes from my XSD file. When I generate the WSDL for my web service, the schema does not have the proper Occurance constraints for the attributes. In this example, the MessageID element should always occur (minOccur=1, maxOccur=1), but the WSDL generates minOccur=0. I can't pinpoint why this is happening and I can't find a may to force this in the code either. Anyone have any insight? This is happening with a large number of elements, I just provide one example below. Code of the schema, classes, and WSDL excerpts below. Thanks. //...

How do I set up a repeating meeting in outlook? #2
Richard Zaw Lin <Richard Zaw Lin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> Click the Recurrence tab and fill in what you want. -- Brian Tillman ...

Get error message when press Test account setting
I just set up a new POP account on my Outlook and i get this message everytime i press the Test Account settings button. Send test email message: Unable to send test Message. Please verify the E-mail Address field. I still can send and receiev mail but this error is really bugging me. ...

How do I set up the "Office Shortcut Bar" on my desktop in Office
I want to have the office shortcut bar on the right side of my monitor as I did previously in Office 2003. Can't seem to find it in Office 2007. Thanks, Stan http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822573 "The Office Shortcut Bar is not available in Microsoft Office 2007 or Microsoft Office 2003. However, you can use the Start menu in Microsoft Windows XP to start an Office program or to open a file or a folder. Additionally, you can use the Quick Launch bar in Windows XP or in Microsoft Windows 2000 to start an Office program or to open a file or a folder." Further ...

Why I need to display item
Hi I am trying to use redemption. A few issues crop up: 1. Why do I need to display the form? It creates an error if I don't. 2. After send, it goes to drafts folder, how do I get it out immediately? Here's my code: If Not rs.EOF Then rs.MoveFirst Do Until rs.EOF Set myFolder = nspNameSpace.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderDrafts) Set emailitem = myFolder.Items Set FWDItem = emailitem.Item(1).Forward Set mySafeItem = CreateObject("Redemption.SafeMailItem") FWDItem....

Color rows based on date in a cell?
Programming question? Hopefully so. Excel novice here I would like to color a row yellow at a certain date, then red at another. This is for a project and the yellow and red correspond to due dates. Say at 12/11/2009 the row is yellow. At 12/19/2009 it is red. I would also like to color a row (some color) when a 100% is reached in the "completed %) cell. Help is appreciated! Ignore, as this is now in General Excel forum,, "tbo" wrote: > Programming question? Hopefully so. > Excel novice here > > I would like to color a row yellow at a certai...

Cell formatting 04-06-10
I am sure I am doing something incredibly stupid here but just cant seem to figure this out. I have a budget work sheet. The first column is the account number. the next twelve columns are each month's budget (Jan-Dec). In the original budget file, some numbers were simply keyed in and others are formulas. (Some are a gross # times a percentage and others a gross # divided by 12 months). I am creating a text file to import the budget data into my financial system. The first thing I did was to take the budget file and copy it into its own file by using paste spe...

Explorer doesn't use 64x64 icons
Apologies for posting here but I can't find an appropriate forum. Our main application icon is available in 16x16, 32x32 and 64x64 versions. However, when Windows Explorer displays it in Tile or Thumnail view, which should show the 64x64 version, it appears to stretch the 32x32 version. This looks horrible and appears to have scaling artifacts around the edge. The other views look fine. Does anyone know why it does this and how to stop it? Cheers --- Al. You sure its not trying to show 48x48 (which I believe is more 'standard' than 64x64)? "TVR Fan" <nosuch@ad...

Paste into visible cells
I have a situation where I'm trying to copy a range (e.g. A1:D5) into a sheet with hidden rows. I cannot find a way to paste into visible cells only. (I can copy FROM visible cells only, but cannot paste TO visible cells only). Does anyone know if there is a way to do this? -- ERR229 Sometimes you can sort the range first--so that your intended paste range is nicely grouped. Then paste. ERR229 wrote: > > I have a situation where I'm trying to copy a range (e.g. A1:D5) into a > sheet with hidden rows. I cannot find a way to paste into visible cells only. > (I can c...

How to protect a cell INSTANTLY the moment the data is entered!!
Hello, I want to know how to protect the cell at the very moment data i keyed in and entered without using the protection option in the tool' bar! I would like the process to be automatic!! for example: in cell B if i type in the word "king" and press ENTER! after this i must not b able to modify the word as the cell should be automatically protected if any one has a response to this please reply i would be eagerl waiting for it! thanx! Mot -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could do this by having the cell unprotected>entering the data>have a workshee...

Project 2007
One of my students has some tasks which will be repeated at different points during the project (Reoccurring task won't work in this case). Is there a way to copy and paste his extensive note information without having to open the Task Information window each time? Selecting the task row to copy and paste won't bring over the notes. In article <8FB23A12-C779-4370-9749-D9758403B352@microsoft.com>, Mikel Anne <MikelAnne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > One of my students has some tasks which will be repeated at different points > during the project (...

Displaying multi-select parameter on report?
Hi, I have a report where I use a multi-select parameter to filter the report by the user's initials who entered the record. I typically like to print the paramters selected for a report in the header of the report. However, when I put this parameter.value on the report I only get the first option selected. How can I list all the selected entries? SQL Server 2005. Thanks in advance, Linn Linn, To take care of this you can use the Join Function to deplay a delimited list. Here is an example: =Join(Parameters!ReportParameter1.Value,",") The sec...

Displaying long entry in Task Pad
Is there a way to have task pad "word wrap" and show long entries on multiple lines. My to-do list items are often too long for the space allowed. This problem extends to printing as well as the on-screen display. ...

Exch 2003 SP2
Following the typical procedures below I am able to update one node at time of the Exchange 2003 servers to SP2. As per recommendation below, I applied Exch2003 SP2 to one offline Node1. Then when I attempt to "move resources" to node Node2, I noticed that failover doesn't complete - Systems Attendant fails to get started. In my pre-production environment, I was able to instal the Exch2003 SP2 only upon taking the resources "offline" in the Cluster administrator tool. Then I was able to install the Exch2003SP2 on both nodes, upgrade the Virtual Exchange server an...

display red value if true?
Let's say that I make a logical test...the test is true and it displays a certain value... Example: =IF(A1>0;"blablabla") (the logical test is "A1>0" and the value if true is "blablabla" My problem is that I need the "blablabla" to appear [Red], but only if the logical test is true. If it's false the color should be "Automatic" or whatever I've selected. Hope someone understands my question, cus I really need a solution... I've tried this, but of course it didn't work: =IF(A1>0;"blablabla";IF(A1>0;[...

OWA hangs after moving mailboxes to another Exchange Server
After moving a group of mailboxes to another Exchange Store on another Server, clients cannot login to OWA. The OWA logon is successful but the mailbox never loads in the IE page. Clients with mailboxes on other Exchange Servers do not experience this problem. No errors are occurring onscreen or in the event logs. Any ideas? On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 07:58:32 -0800, JDavis <JDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After moving a group of mailboxes to another Exchange Store on another >Server, clients cannot login to OWA. The OWA logon is successful but the >mailbox never ...