I need a formula to mark up a product by 200%

Hello, i am stupid when it comes to this stuff and frustrate easily!!  If
their is anyone that can help me i would greatly appreciate it.  I have a
product and it cost me $4.50 to produce.  I would like to mark it up 200%.
What would the function be??  Thanks

On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 18:29:01 -0800, StitchWitch
<StitchWitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello, i am stupid when it comes to this stuff and frustrate easily!!  If
>their is anyone that can help me i would greatly appreciate it.  I have a
>product and it cost me $4.50 to produce.  I would like to mark it up 200%.
>What would the function be??  Thanks

  100% "mark-up" would be $9.00.  200% mark-up would be $13.50.

  Mark-up is an amount added to a cost to arrive at a price.

  Percent increase is a bit different.  An price that is increased by 25%
would be (4.50 x 0.25) + 4.50 = 5.625

  Then you have to decide how you want to round your calculations,
because you can see where certain math creates yet another significant
figure. Round up... round down... but at what point?

  100% markup is (original_value x 1) + original_value

  So, to review.  100% is your original number multiplied by 1.00 and...

 25% is your original number multiplied by 0.25.

  One percent is 0.01 times the number (your number).

  So the scale is 0.01 through 0.99 as representing 1 percent and 99
percent, respectively.  100% (the scale is really zero to 1) is "One
point O" or 1.00 times the number, so 200 is 2.0 times the number.

If your price is in A1

 =A1+(A1*2)

  If what you really wanted was 100% markup, yielding a price double the
original, the formula would be:

 =A1+(A1*1)

  It really is not required for me to parenthesize the second portion,
but I do so to show the process.

  As an aside, you could place a number in B1 that represents a markup
percentage between 1 and 100 (any number really), and use this formula in
any other cell (C1)

=A1+(A1*(B1*0.01))

  That will give you any markup percentage calculation you want.
0
Jupiter
3/5/2010 3:39:01 AM
On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 18:29:01 -0800, StitchWitch
<StitchWitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello, i am stupid when it comes to this stuff and frustrate easily!!  If
>their is anyone that can help me i would greatly appreciate it.  I have a
>product and it cost me $4.50 to produce.  I would like to mark it up 200%.
>What would the function be??  Thanks

http://www.mediafire.com/?txmjzjjmmmm
0
Jupiter
3/5/2010 4:20:37 AM
=a1+a1*200%

Regards,
Fred

"StitchWitch" <StitchWitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, i am stupid when it comes to this stuff and frustrate easily!!  If
> their is anyone that can help me i would greatly appreciate it.  I have a
> product and it cost me $4.50 to produce.  I would like to mark it up 200%.
> What would the function be??  Thanks

0
Fred
3/5/2010 4:40:59 AM
=A1*3

"StitchWitch" wrote:

> Hello, i am stupid when it comes to this stuff and frustrate easily!!  If
> their is anyone that can help me i would greatly appreciate it.  I have a
> product and it cost me $4.50 to produce.  I would like to mark it up 200%.
> What would the function be??  Thanks
On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 06:01:01 -0800, Teethless mama
<Teethlessmama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>=A1*3
>

>"StitchWitch" wrote:
>
>> Hello, i am stupid when it comes to this stuff and frustrate easily!!  If
>> their is anyone that can help me i would greatly appreciate it.  I have a
>> product and it cost me $4.50 to produce.  I would like to mark it up 200%.
>> What would the function be??  Thanks

  Well, your nym is right on the money.
0
Capt
3/6/2010 3:32:50 AM
On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 06:01:01 -0800, Teethless mama
<Teethlessmama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>=A1*3
>

>"StitchWitch" wrote:
>
>> Hello, i am stupid when it comes to this stuff and frustrate easily!!  If
>> their is anyone that can help me i would greatly appreciate it.  I have a
>> product and it cost me $4.50 to produce.  I would like to mark it up 200%.
>> What would the function be??  Thanks

Times 3 indeed.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mz4jxq41wzj/MarkItUpRev3.xls
0
CellShocked

Insert rows and fill formulas
I have just added this on a work sheet. It works OK when sheet is unprotected but when I protect the sheet it comes up error 400. If I select Insert row on protection box it will insert row but not formulas while protected. How can I get it to work while sheet is protected. I have also setup a botton on the taskbar to do this for me but it will only do it for the day I set it up in. When I save as for the next day it wont work on the new sheet. Your help will be appreciated Regards Chris I'm not an expert but I thought the whole idea of protecting the worksheet is so p...

Need help bring over GP 7.0 data to new a GP 8.0 server.
I'm setting up a GP 8.0 Test Server with SQL 2000 SP3a installed. How do I bring my Great Plains 7.0 Data into the GP 8.0 envirnoment? Thanks in advance, The easiest way is the following: On the 7.0 server, detach DYNAMICS. Copy the DYNAMICS mdf and ldf file from the 7.0 to the 8.0 server. On the 8.0 server, attach and browse to the mdf that you copied. On the 7.0 server, attach DYNAMICS. Repeat for all databases. If you also need the sql logins from the 7.0 server, there is a TK on how to do this (uses a table called RecoveryMaster within Dynamics db). If you can go without the s...

EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know #3
EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know Hello every body , im be glad to introduce one of the best MLM for every body who wants to explod his/her earning with very simple steps and incredible situation! JUST IMAGINE...... If you achieve only 10% success you will still make $ 143,489.28 If you achieve only 1% success you will still make $ 14,348.928 But If we trust to each other and be serious, reaching to $ 1,434,892.8 is not seem so far,just three or four weeks!! The whole works that you should do : 1) You should open an e-gold account ,th...

Excel Formula Help
I need to create a spreadsheet to calculate my weekly payroll. The timecards are punched in a timeclock which prints out the in and out times. for example, in at 7:30 am out at 5:00 pm. It also gives me a running total of the number of hours accumulated. I want to take the total number of hours and minutes and convert that to a decimal. If an employee has 32:35 minutes total time accumulated, then using a formula in an excel spreadsheet, I want to see these hours in decimal format, i.e., 32.58 Anyone know how to help me do this? Thanks! might want to try microsoft.public.excel Mat...

Product Key
Is there anyway to retrieve the product key from a SS2005 Standard Edition installation? Can I use Developer Edition media and convert to Standard Edition using the installed product key after testing? I only have one licensed production server. No media no key for Standard Edition. OS on both servers is Windows 2003 sp2. Thanks, Kevin ...

Do I need these?
I was looking through my Add/Remove Programs list and saw the following. I have a Dell Latitude D600 with XP SP3. I use VB 6.0 (Classic). The MSXML KBs stacked up? The .NET updates? Do I really need these? -- Windows Live OneCare Scanner -- MSXML 4.0 SP2 KBs 936181, 954430, 973688 w/ MSXML 6 SP2 KB 973686 -- VIsual C++ 2005 & 2008 Redistributables -- MS .NET Framework 1.1, 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2, 3.5 SP1 -- Memory Key Boot Utility Ed Ed from AZ wrote: > I was looking through my Add/Remove Programs list and saw the > following. I have a Dell Latitude D600 with XP SP...

Formula to track wins/loses
In match set of five games I want to keep track of the wins and loses of the matches. Example; if the number entered in cell b5 is greater than the number entered in b6 then a 1 (for one win) is entered in cell v5. If not, then a 1 (for one lose) is entered in cell v6. This scenerio would be repeated in ajoining cells as the matches progress. I.e., next match would be entered in b6 & c6, b7 & c7, etc. The numbers in cells v5 & v6 are cummulative. So, if a person won 4 matches with scores of 3/2, 4/1, 3/2, 3/2 and lost 3 matches with scores of 2/3, 1/4, and 2/3, in cells...

Exchange Information Store -- Stops
Hi, Recently at one of the Exchange server, emails stops working. When I recycle "MSExchangeIS --- Microsoft Exchange Information Store", it doesn't stop gracefully, so have to kill "Store.exe". This just happening since last week. No sure when it happens, as System logs doesn't have any errors. Any help, direction would be applicated. Thanks One of the warning messages I get is below Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WAS Date: 6/4/2010 4:35:52 AM Event ID: 5138 Task Category: None Level: Warnin...

Help with formula please #3
Hello, I need a formula that can do the following: -give an average minutes and seconds per phone call This is the data that I will be entering: Calls: 120 Total talk time (hours): 4 Total talk time (minutes): 47 Total talk time (seconds): 52 Thank you Assuming the hours will not be greater than 23. Try this: B1 = 120 B2 = 4 B3 = 47 B4 = 52 =TIME(B2,B3,B4)/B1 Format as m:ss or h:m:ss -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Jimmy H" <spokenwords@gmail.com> wrote in message news:658b55fd-93e6-4eea-b11f-585544d97364@m7g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I need a...

help needed with repeated copy/paste special
[image: http://home.cogeco.ca/~rbhayana/backload.gif] [image: http://home.cogeco.ca/~rbhayana/mastertable.gif] I ran into a lot of work and am wondering if anyone can help me out. Help would be greatly appreciated because going thru 19272 records for copying and pasting is driving me insane. :mad: These are the 2 files I'm dealing with (see pictures above). Top one is backload file and the one underneath is mastertable. As you can see, FundataKey is common to both files. The values of Fundatakey are not repeated in mastertable however are repeated in the backload file. What...

excel formulas #2
Can someone help me with how to create a formula that looks at one cell and based upon the number in that cell (if statement) then gives me another number? example: If cell c4 contains the number 1; then how can I have cell a8 look at cell c4 and give me the number 1 (other than a link) / then have cell a9 look at cell c4 if it contains the number 2 to then give me the number 2.................... I need a formula to look at a cell that will contain a number from 1 to 5 or above and then accoridingly give me a coresponding number to reflect if that number is 1,2,3,4 or 5. Each cel...

IF, OR, CONCATENATE Formula
I entered the following formula and the only way I get the result of each cell that doesn't have "xxxxx" is to fill in all cells; I want the result cell by cell, can you help? =IF(OR (C5="xxxxx",L5="xxxxx",U5="xxxxx",AD5="xxxxx",AM5="xxxxx"), "",CONCATENATE(C5&", ",L5&", ",U5&", ",AD5&", ",AM5)) Hi not quite sure what your expected result is. Could you give an example? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Marcia O" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

How do I get my formula to stay the same
I have a worksheet to calculate 12 week averages, and every week I need to add a row, but my formulas automatically change so do not include the new row. What do I need to do to stop the formula changing everytime I insert a new row? Tell us the layout of the worksheet: what cells have data, what cell has average. Then we can be of more help Bernard "BertiesMum" <BertiesMum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF72CB7F-2866-47DF-AA47-909371817130@microsoft.com... >I have a worksheet to calculate 12 week averages, and every week I need to > add a row, b...

Need a ZERO as the first character in a cell
How do you make the first number in a string of numbers a zero and keep it there? Depends on if you want a *true* number, or a text number. For Text, precede the entry with an apostrophe ( ' ), OR, pre-format the cell as text. For true numbers, custom format the cell with the number of digits you're using: 00000 -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===================================================== "Mr_Jim" <MrJim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

need some help with: formatting of x2 dates in 1 cell
Hi and thanks to anyone who reads this. I have a worksheet which contains two columns of dates. In a second worksheet i have a column which adds the two dates together as TEXT and ommits dates which are blank which works perfectly, however: I would like to know how i could format each of the 2 dates in the 1 cell to have different font colors? Here is my existing cell formula: =IF('Data'!E2=0,"",(TEXT('Data'!E2,"dd/mm/yy"))&" "&IF('Data'!F2=0,"",TEXT('Data'!F2,"dd/mm/yy"))) I have a feeling its not...

Help: Need to delete duplicates
I have an access table that has over 470,000 rows. I need to delete the duplicates. None of the "append" query ideas will work as it involves copying and pasing the structure, and Access won't allow me to copy 470,000 rows. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to accomplish this? What error do you get when you run the append query? It could be that the file size is nearing the 2 GB limit. First make a backup copy of the database then run a compact and repair. Then try the append query ideas. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bont...

need a finacial planner for home use.
i just need a simple planner to help budget my finaces. Browse through the Excel Templates found at the MS Template Gallery. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 16 May 2005 18:33:33 -0700, "howrangi" <howrangi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i just need a simple planner to help budget my finaces. Hi If you need a simple planner I use Financial Fire Drill - You can find it on the Web. It's very simple and it's off line. There's a 30 day trial - Hope it helps "howrangi" wrote: > i jus...

Referencing relative to a formula reference
I have an Excel workbook with two worksheets. In one sheet (Books) I have defined a series of items with column 1 being my book Id and column 4 being the book title. In the second sheet (ISBN) I may have multiple entries per line of the first sheet, since a given book may have multiple editions, each with its own ISBN number. In column 2 of ISBN I have the BookId from the first sheet, which I have as an absolute reference (eg. the formula would be something like =Books!R4C1). Now here's my problem. I'd like to have a column in ISBN which reflects the book's title tha...

Need Help
Hi, We are using a Great Plains Dynamics 5.0 system. The client machine was recently attacked with viruses and I am trying to set up a new machine as a client. The error I am currently getting is "Files for this company have not been updated." when I try to log into one of the companies in Dynamics. I accidentally installed (halfway) the 5.5 client rather than the 5.0 client. Is it possible this updated some files on the server that I can roll back from a backup tape? Somethings I have read mention something about performing an update from within Dynamics Utilities, howe...

Need help modifying XML file...

Need Help with Illegal Operation Error
Hi - I am hoping someone can help me. I have a file that I set up that links to other files. I created i and I can open it fine but the problem is when anyone else tries t open it they get an error similar to illegal operation and their exce closes. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Please email me at - Dreams1106@hotmail.co -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Help with formula #16
I have a worksheet that has the following labels, Name , Facility, Class, 16yd/1, 16yd/2, 16yd/3, 16yd/4, 24yd/1,24yd/2, 16 total,24 total, overall total. Te formula in the 16 total is =sum(D4:G4) which give me the total of all the 16yd shooting. in in Column D thru G the 24 Total is =Sum(H4:I4) this will give me the total for the two columns labels 24yd. OK when I put data into these 6 cells, the 16total adds as I input into the first four cells, but it also picks up the next 2 cells for the 24yd/1 and 24yd/2. The 24yd is always correct as is the Overall total, and the 16ydtotal are w...

formulas #10
Can someone please help me with these 2 formulas that I need to enter into my Spreadsheet?. I am trying to set up a Profit calculator for my Ebay listings. This would be appreciated thanks so much Selling Price - US$25.01 - US$100.00 10.00% of the initial US$25.00 (US$2.50), plus 7.00% of the remaining closing value balance Selling Price - US$100.01 - US$1,000.00 10.00% of the initial US$25.00 (US$2.50), plus 7.00% of the initial US$25.01 - US$100.00 (US$5.25), plus 5.00% of the remaining closing value balance US$100.01 - US$1,000.00 On Feb 7, 11:36 am, "Bacchus" &l...

Search formula showing results plus 100 characters
I use a formula to find text in a particular text and ask the results plus the next 100 characters to display in another cell. I was wondering if there was a way to show the proceeding characters. The formula i am using is: =MID($G6&$H6,SEARCH(C$2,$G6&$H6),100) =LEFT(G6&H6,SEARCH(C2,C6&H6)-1) "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4226FC3-1108-4C51-8563-12B32E2C0231@microsoft.com... > I use a formula to find text in a particular text and ask the results plus > the next 100 characters to display in another cell. I was w...

Need help on this formula!
Hello, I need help with a formula I'm trying to create. I have data in column but the data is scattered. For example, there will be a numbe in row 20 then it's blank until row 35, then blank until row 68, and s on. I need a formula that will copy the data to the rows that are blan below it. For example, if row 20 has a number in it I want to cop that number in the blank rows until it reaches the next number. An once it reaches row 35 it will copy that number to the rows below i and so on. I would do this manually but the spreadsheet is huge. Thank you for your help, Olimits...