I have a file that is 4mb. Cleared all formating...still big

I have a file that has cols a-p, rows 1-40.   Had a lot of colors and stuff
but I cleared all formatting and saved file.   Still 4mb.   Can't figure out
where the issue is.   Can anyone help?

Hi
Who knows what people do with spreadsheet sometime. I experienced once the
situation where somebody put nonvisible large object so there was a
spreadsheet with a simple calculations but it was huge. I found it and got
rid off it, but I think that easier will be copy all to a new spreadhseet and
save it.
Click yes if helped
--
Greatly appreciated
Eva

"JDH" wrote:

> I have a file that has cols a-p, rows 1-40.   Had a lot of colors and stuff
> but I cleared all formatting and saved file.   Still 4mb.   Can't figure out
> where the issue is.   Can anyone help?
I have found that deleting ALL columns to the right of my required
data and ALL rows below was effective in removing unwanted
formatting.   Crude perhaps, but it works.
Just today I reduced a 4mb s/sheet to 275k.

Best o' luck

On 28 Jan, 16:47, JDH <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have a file that has cols a-p, rows 1-40. =A0 Had a lot of colors and s=
tuff
> but I cleared all formatting and saved file. =A0 Still 4mb. =A0 Can't fig=
ure out
> where the issue is. =A0 Can anyone help?

0
DaveMoore
1/28/2010 5:14:49 PM
Hi JDH,

Try below options:-
1) Delete the columns to the right and rows after last row of the data.
2) Check if there are some objects used in the excel file.
3) Check if there are some sheets XLveryhidden.
4) Check for the specia fonts /formatting / formulation from external links.

At the end, copy your data to some other excel file and save that as yours
new file. :)

If possible, send that file to me and I can give a try.

Best of luck.
--
Click on Yes, if it is useful.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Dilip Kumar Pandey
MBA, BCA, B.Com(Hons.)
dilipandey@yahoo.com
dilipandey@gmail.com
+91 9810929744
New Delhi, India

"JDH" wrote:

> I have a file that has cols a-p, rows 1-40.   Had a lot of colors and stuff
> but I cleared all formatting and saved file.   Still 4mb.   Can't figure out
> where the issue is.   Can anyone help?
Important rider.

After the unused row and column deletions you must SAVE the workbook.

I some earlier versions you had to Save, Close and re-open to effect change.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 09:14:49 -0800 (PST), DaveMoore
<david.moore@uuplc.co.uk> wrote:

>I have found that deleting ALL columns to the right of my required
>data and ALL rows below was effective in removing unwanted
>formatting.   Crude perhaps, but it works.
>Just today I reduced a 4mb s/sheet to 275k.
>
>Best o' luck
>

>On 28 Jan, 16:47, JDH <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> I have a file that has cols a-p, rows 1-40. � Had a lot of colors and stuff
>> but I cleared all formatting and saved file. � Still 4mb. � Can't figure out
>> where the issue is. � Can anyone help?

0
Gord