I cannot enter information in excel sheet, info bounces to top

I am entering information into an excel sheet and it bounces to the top of
the worksheet and overrites information.  This sheet has alot of formulas in
it and some of the cells are locked. I checked to make sure they are not
locked and I tried the Turn automatic completion of cell entries off but that
also did not work

Right-click the pesky worksheet tab, and click 'View Code'.  Is there some
VBA code in the window that opens?

--
Ryan---

"Ambitious Angela" wrote:

> I am entering information into an excel sheet and it bounces to the top of
> the worksheet and overrites information.  This sheet has alot of formulas in
> it and some of the cells are locked. I checked to make sure they are not
> locked and I tried the Turn automatic completion of cell entries off but that
> also did not work
Please post some cell references instead of "into a sheet" and "bounces to
the top".

i.e.

I enter data in G23 and the data shows up in G1

Which cells are locked?

Do you have any event code in the worksheet module?

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 07:33:02 -0800, Ambitious Angela <Ambitious
Angela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am entering information into an excel sheet and it bounces to the top of
>the worksheet and overrites information.  This sheet has alot of formulas in
>it and some of the cells are locked. I checked to make sure they are not
>locked and I tried the Turn automatic completion of cell entries off but that
>also did not work

0
Gord

number rounding in MS Excel

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

Public Folder link to Excel File

Filters in Excel 2003

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Referencing cells across sheets

printing imported gif files in Excel

ExCel programming

Macro

macros entering data

Excel fun patch

Excel 2003

Need macro help to close excel

Get info from Fidelity
I use money's portfolio manager to retrieve info from my Fidelity accounts. However, it only retrieve stock and bond informations. It did not retrieve the money market fund information. How can I make it download money market fund info? In microsoft.public.money, Peter Tso wrote: >I use money's portfolio manager to retrieve info from my >Fidelity accounts. However, it only retrieve stock and >bond informations. It did not retrieve the money market >fund information. How can I make it download money market >fund info? Fidelity does things a differently th...

Excel Text Function (Right, Left)

copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint

Protection/hide information
Good morning, If anyone has any useful web links for information regarding protection/hide information for 2000 & 2002 generally to broaden my knowledge that would be great. Thanks. Not really sure what you're looking for, but here's some info on worksheet/workbook protection: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html In article <O1SJMW$VEHA.4064@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, "Kassie Alcorn" <marketing@qld.apollopatio.com.au> wrote: > If anyone has any useful web links for information regarding protection/hide > information for 2000 & ...

Updating External Links Excel 2000 vs 2002/2003

How do I disable the handicapped feature in Excel?
Someone in my office turned the handicapped feature on and now you have to hold the key down for a couple of seconds or the letter never appears. Does anyone know how to reverse this? Duh! Nevermind. Not an Excel problem. Control Panel - Handicapped feature. Thanks. "TIrish" wrote: > Someone in my office turned the handicapped feature on and now you have to > hold the key down for a couple of seconds or the letter never appears. Does > anyone know how to reverse this? ...