hyperlinking email addresses

I have a list of email addresses that have hidden text before the first
letter of the email address.  I tried all the functionalities to get rid of
this spacing/hidden text, but, it does not work.  Now I am trying to
hyperlink the email addresses, how do I do that?

Most likely a non-breaking space...........char 160

CLEAN and TRIM will not pick it up.

Try  Edit>Replace

What:  Alt + 0160(on numpad)

With:  nothing

Replace all.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 13:44:01 -0800, CharlesZ
<CharlesZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a list of email addresses that have hidden text before the first
>letter of the email address.  I tried all the functionalities to get rid of
>this spacing/hidden text, but, it does not work.  Now I am trying to
>hyperlink the email addresses, how do I do that?

0
Gord

sentence format changes in email
Trying to help a friend who receives email that was sent in a list format with tabs to 2nd, 3rd, or 4th columns, but when opened, the email message changes format and all info line up on left side of page. Any ideas why this happens? Sorry, I don't know much about how the sender formats his mail. Also, the receiver can read mail either on a PC or Blackberry. Not sure if that makes a differece. Thanks, ...

Workflow email based on ownership
I have a need to send an email to the owner of any new opportunities that are created. But I only want to do that if the user creating the opportunity is not the owner. I see no reason to send the opp owner an email if he/she is the one that just created it. They obviously already know they have a new one. I wanted to put something like... if Opportunity.<Owner> <> Opportunity.Created By' then send email endif but there doesn't appear to by access to the created by or modified by attributes in workflow. So short of a custom assembly, is there any way to send an...

How can i make outlook emails "NON RECOVERABLE" after deleting?
How can i make outlook emails "NON RECOVERABLE" after deleting? It is really important to find a way, i do not want anyone accessing my computer to recover my emails that i have deleted. You can try compacting your PST file after you empty the Deleted Items file. That should throw a reasonable roadblock in front of those trying to recover your items. "Kat" <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4F80DAD-7BBF-4758-91A6-7BF7014E7646@microsoft.com... > How can i make outlook emails "NON RECOVERABLE" after deleting? > It is really imp...

Receive the same emails twice
Hi all, One user in my organization always receive the same emails twice, these emails come from internal domain and external domain. There is no rules and only one exchange account in his outlook 2003. Does anyone know why this happen and what is the solution? Thanks Dwi where is the message received twice? Outlook? how is outlook connecting Server? What does message tracking show SMTP? What do the SMTP transaction logs show Do the messages come in all at the same time or at different times? "Dwi" <dw_ay@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message news:2BAF367D-93EF-42A2-976B-...

Importing Outlook emails into an Access table
I know that I can import data from my Outlook inbox by going to File -> Get External Data -> Import -> Select Files Of Type Outlook() etc... using the wizard but can this be done systemically via VBA code similarly to transfer text. I actually need to import data from a group account at work. I have searched hi and low through the Newsgroups and web and have found nothing. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks to all in advance, Markco NEWSGROUPS wrote: > I know that I can import data from my Outlook inbox by going to File -> Get > External Data -> Import -...

address book set to contacts
Subject: Re: address book set to 3/25/2004 6:56 AM PST By: Brian Tillman (search by author) In: microsoft.public.outlook DaveB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > When ever I want to write a new email I click on new and then when > try to select a name from my address book the default lookup i > accounts, but all of my names in outlook are in contacts. Is there > way that I can make the default lookup contacts instead of account > so that I don't always have to change it each time I want to write a > email? Outlook version -- 2004 Unless you ar...

Can't send emails #4
Hi I am getting this error when sending emails 'No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient.'. This problem is intermittent and does not happen all the time. I have repaired the personal folders using scanpst but this has not eliminated the problem. This is on a win xp laptop. The laptop also connects with exchange server (sbs 2003) when in the office under a different username. The offline folders have been turned on under the office username/profile. Anything I can try to fix this mail sending problem? Thanks Regards Checked with your ISP lately -- Pe...

Can't SEND SSL email out!! Please Help... it HURTZ!
OKay... being a bit silly about he hurting part. I have a strange email issue with some of my computers at home that I use for work. We have 4 computers. 2 of them work FINE, the other 2 have issues. I know the email accounts are working correctly because if I run them on the 2 *good* computers they work like they should. Configurations: (GOOD Notebooks) 1 - HP AMD-XP notebook with WinXP-Home SP1, Office 2000 2 - Sony P4 Notebook with WinXP-Home SP1, Office 2000 (Bad systems) 3 - Dell P3 notebook with WinXP-Pro SP1, Office 2002 4 - Compaq AMD-XP with WinXP-Home SP2, Office 2000 ALl ma...

Excel & Email
I was wondering if there was a way to setup an Excel spreadsheet that has a bunch of email addresses in it, to send an email (through Outlook) to everyone in the spreadsheet? (Pushing a button, or running a macro or something?) Thanks! Eric Have a look at Ron's site http://www.rondebruin.nl/ -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Eric Fehlhaber" <efehlhaber@weathershield.com> wrote in message news:1647401c447d1$afd31600$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I was wondering if there was a way to setup an Excel > spreadsheet that has a bunch of email address...

Detailed email header
Hi! Is there a way (utility, plugin or third party program) to always get the detailed email header to appear in Outlook every time a message opened ??? (instead of right clicking the message/options .... which is very boring and time consuming). Thanks! ...

Email Address Pirated
Someone is sending email from a computer in China that are being sent as if they came from my computer using my hotmail email address in the from address tag. A few of these show up in my "Sent Items" mailbox, but mostly I am getting "failure to deliver" messages when the emails fail to be delivered. No other known problems exist. I am using both Outlook and MSN to read email. The OS is Vista Ultimate 64 and my security software is Norton Security Suite 2009. I never open web sites or an email that Norton identifies as being harmful. I have run severa...

Whitelisting e-mail addresses
How do I set up a whitelist so all the e-mails from my friends don't end up in my spam filter? Hardly ever necessary. What spam filter do you use that blacklists legitimate addresses? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "LadyJae16" <LadyJae16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4835109E-1F6D-4588-8253-F4DD7793661B@microsoft.com... > How do I set up a whitelist so all the e-mails from my friends don't end > up > in my spam filter? I use the spam filter that comes with my Outlook 2003 Some of my e-mails from my friends end up in the junk e-mai...

Unknow Outgoing email
I am running Exchange 2003. I have noticed that about 200 - 300 emails are being sent via the administrator account each month. These are all generally very dodgy emails not going to any email addresses I recognise. So I guess that we have a program on our system sending these emails or someone is relaying through our servers. I have McAfee AV running and Lavasoft Ad-aware running on all servers and desktops, neither of these progranms can find any malicious software running. Do you know where I can find any info or help about checking the security set up of my Exchange Server? As far a...

address sorting problem?
I have a mailing list with the standard information; company, address, city etc. lots of cities and streets What I want to do is sort the names (within city) by address, but by street name before number, I want to wind up with: 1 adam st 2 adam st 5 adam st 4 brown st Not brown in the middle of adam Is there a way to "strip" a number portion off of the address column and create a new "#" column? then I could sort by "street"/"#". Thanks, Frank Hi yes, you can 'strip' the number portion off using two helper columns, say your addresses are in...

HTML eMail in CRM 4.0
it would be nice to have the possibility to create a HTML-code based eMail. This would help to improve the workflow-created emails with embeded links - or is there another way to create dynamic links in a email? In 3.0 the emails created with workflow could be coded as HTML and so it was possible to do this. thanks for any help. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to ope...

Why Outlook is "offline" to receive,"disconnected" to send email?
When I started using Outlook a few weeks ago, it would always say "connected" when I was getting and receiving email. But recently I found (by trial and error) that I had to click it to "offline" in order to receive and "disconnected" in order to send. Moreover, I see the notice as to when the folder was last updated is sticking at 11/9 when there are messages in it since then, clearly labelled up to 11/14. I tried the "detect and repair" command, but nothing changed. what type of email account do you have? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Auth...

Combine Hyperlink with Text
We use hyperlinks on our analysis spreadsheets so that people are able to trace back to the source data file easily. I like to be able to combine the hyperlink with some standard text so that the hyperlink makes more sense (Source: Insureds File: Hyperlink for example) . Does anyway know if this is possible? Cheers Lee The syntax for the HYPERLINK( ) function is: HYPERLINK(link_location,friendly_name) This enables you to put a user defined description (friendly_name) which will appear on the spreadsheet, so you could have something like "Jump to Insureds File". Hope th...

restoring addresses and sent files
Hi, I can not access my old sent files or address book. Before I went through an XP restore, I saved all .pst files (all eight)and copied them successfully back to the Documents and Settings/owner/local settings/application data/microsoft/outlook directory. Here are the file names: 1. archive - 48 KB 2. mailbox - 32 KB 3. Outlook - 106 MB 4. Outlook1 - 103 MB 5. Outlook2 - 109 MB 6. Outlook3 - 32 KB 7. Ted_Home - 69 KB 8. Outlookold - 900 KB When I go to "Tools" and "E-mail accounts" and then click on "Directory and "view or change existing directories ...

hyperlinks in outlook received messages does not open
As of 2 days ago, I cannot open the hyperlingks which came in my receiving messages. I ckck on them as usual and the hyperlinks do not load. Any trick I can do for having them back, please ? Rgds Solon Seixas Sdruws <Sdruws@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > As of 2 days ago, I cannot open the hyperlingks which came in my > receiving messages. > I ckck on them as usual and the hyperlinks do not load. > Any trick I can do for having them back, please ? Try this: if Internet Explorer V6 is your web browser, open it and click Tools>Internet Options>Programs>Reset ...

Email delivered to wrong mailbox
Running Exchange 2003 3 Users - 3 mailboxes Users are Don, Barb, and Tom Email comes in addressed to Barb@domain.com Email is delivered to Don@domain.com Turned on Diags on SMTP on server. It shows the email coming in to Barb@domain.com but it still goes to Don@domain.com. The problem is that this does not happen every time. I thought user was crazy but he was right. Tom does not get either ones email Barb only get here email except for the ones going to Don. Help.. have you checked to see if Barb has any rules forwarding specific messages to don and/or Tom? that's what it sounds li...

Programatically add an attachment to an Email
I am trying to integrate MSCRM with SharePoint and need to build a web service that creates a CRM Email Activity (easy to do) then attach a document from a SharePoint Document Libary to the activity. I am struggling to find any information on how to programatically upload and attachment to an activty.. Looking in the /MSCRMServices/ folder it would appear that there are some undocumented web services available (e.g.ActivityAttachmentUpload.srf and ActivityAttchmentDownload.srf) that might do the job, but without any documentation, they are not useful. Does anyone have a code sample I ...

Outlook 2003, deleting incoming email text
I am receiving email from people, only to open the email and see that the text message is not there...blank. This happens to about 50% of my incoming messages, with no apparent consistant manner. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. you probably have your mail set to rich text or html and those messages are coming in plain text, or just the opposite. >-----Original Message----- >I am receiving email from people, only to open the email >and see that the text message is not there...blank. This >happens to about 50% of my incoming messages, with no >appa...

Re: Address Book / Contacts Confusion
Thanks Jocelyn I did try that. The following is from the Microsoft knowledge base, hence my cynicism.... NOTE: These procedures only apply if you have installed Outlook with the Internet Mail Only option. To determine your installation type, click About Microsoft Outlook on the Help menu. If you have the Internet Mail Only option installed, you see "Internet Mail Only". SYMPTOMS The "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" check box in the Properties of your Microsoft Outlook Contact folder appears dimmed. CAUSE The Internet Mail Only installation uses the Windows Ad...

How do I make an email template(page) longer once I have started?
I am having trouble figuring out how to make my page longer without shifting the entire publication. I noticed that I could do it from page set up, but is there not a way to add space to the bottom once I get started??? ...

sorting by street address
I'm a neophyte at excel and can find no way to make this sort properly except to put the street number in a separate cell from the street name. If you put 25 South St, 76 Main St, and 100 Main St into three cells in a column, it sorts as 100 Main St, 25 South St, and 76 Main St. Am I using an incorrect format? What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. Hi you have to separate the values. Excel can't sort by street name if you preced it with a number -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany oarmaster wrote: > I'm a neophyte at excel and can find...