hyperlinking email addresses

I have a list of email addresses that have hidden text before the first
letter of the email address.  I tried all the functionalities to get rid of
this spacing/hidden text, but, it does not work.  Now I am trying to
hyperlink the email addresses, how do I do that?

Most likely a non-breaking space...........char 160

CLEAN and TRIM will not pick it up.

Try  Edit>Replace

What:  Alt + 0160(on numpad)

With:  nothing

Replace all.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 13:44:01 -0800, CharlesZ
<CharlesZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a list of email addresses that have hidden text before the first
>letter of the email address.  I tried all the functionalities to get rid of
>this spacing/hidden text, but, it does not work.  Now I am trying to
>hyperlink the email addresses, how do I do that?

0
Gord

Backing Up Outlook Express Emails
Does anyone know how to back up email's in Outlook Express? Backup your dbx-files For more assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Cindy" <anonymous@discussion...

Cannot move emails between folders

How do I break URL address over two lines?
I am trying to enter website addresses into footnotes and Word automatically forces the footnote onto a separate line. I need to conform to certain aditing requirements and want the url to start right after the citation and continue on to however many lines are necessary, but not leave a gap because it starts the url on a separate line in the footnote. Help please. In the edit hyperlink dialog, put the URI in both the Address and Text-to- display boxes. That way you can use a space or linebreak to wrap the display text to the next line without affecting the hyperlink ability. Hyp...

Anonymous LDAP Browsing in OL2K3 Address Book
Authenticated users are able to browse, list, and resolve email addresses to my LDAP directory server. Anonymous users are able to resolve email addresses to my LDAP directory server but are not able to browse or list the LDAP directory. Is their a permission I need to set for anonymous users to be able to browse and list the LDAP directory? Any help is greatly appreciated. You need to ask this in a group that supports your mail serve, not the client. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name ...

Send 1 address to 2 mailboxes
I want to create an address and have any mail sent to that address delivered to two separate users' mailboxes. How can I do that. I've tried simply adding the address in the two users' "Email Addresses" tab in the User's properties of ADU&C. But it wouldn't allow me to add the same address to the second user ("This email address already exists in this organization"). I've also tried creating a new user for the address and forwarding the email to the 2 other users (Exchange General tab - Delivery Options button - Forward To field). But ...

Email to generate case
Hi, we've recently implemented CRM in out organization, we are a small IT support company, and as such we recieve support queries by email. I have set up CRM so that it puts inbound email in our support queue as email activities, is there any way to get CRM to automatically convert these email activities into new cases? Many thanks, Dan. c360 has an add-on that will do this (www.c360.com). -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Dan Baird" wrote: > Hi, we've recently implemented CRM in out organization, we are a small IT > support company, and as suc...

Reminder for a received email for follow up
I would like to put a reminder on an email already received. This reminder would basically call my attention to the email (even though the email is in a different folder). Is there a way I can easily do this? I'm using Outlook 2003 SP1. Thanks John Off the top of my head, quick and easy, drag and drop a copy into your calendar. -- K. Orland Such as are your habitual thoughts, such also will be the character of your mind; for the soul is dyed by the thoughts - Marcus Aurelius "John" wrote: > I would like to put a reminder on an email already received. This remi...

makro to return email
I want a makro that if a check box is checked, a email is send to a recipient. See your other mail and http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Esrei" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:174801c50514$05025190$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I want a makro that if a check box is checked, a email is > send to a recipient. ...

Hyperlink File Help

Phantom emails
Why would outlook 2007 try to send emails about every 60 seconds when there is no emails to be sent in the outbox? Carolyn On Mon, 24 May 2010 08:45:01 -0700, Carolyn <Carolyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Why would outlook 2007 try to send emails about every 60 seconds when there >is no emails to be sent in the outbox? >Carolyn What is the indication Outlook is trying to send e-mails? -- To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious and .invalid from my e-mail address. Could it be a stuck read receipt? See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/deletereadrecei...

modify contact address when account address gets modified
Hi, How do I ripple my changes from company level to the related contacts ? For example the main company phone number and the main address ? Do I need a product like Scribe for this, or can this be done with the workflow ? Thanks for any advice Wim You can't do this with workflow, and I don't believe Scribe can do this (though I may be wrong - I've only used Scribe for one project). I would think that you'd need to create a post callout using the SDK. There is more info at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/CrmSdk1_2/htm/v1d2microsoftcrmversi...

Exchange 2003: Missing emails
Hello, Strange problem, not sure if anyone else experiencing: We are running Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2000 SP4. A manager came to me and asked where some files had gone in their folders. I checked through their mailbox, and sure enough the emails that had been filed away were missing. Checking through the backups, the email was last in the folder about 2 weeks ago. Does anyone know how i would audit what has happened here? i am not asking what has happened to these emails, but moreso who has accessed this mailbox, and when, in the last 2 weeks, thanks in advance John- Did your...

Unable to receive email from CRM to Outlook
Hi, I have configured the CRM router and am trying to send mail from CRM. I am able to send the mail without any error in CRM. When I click the send button the email form closes. However, I am not getting the mail in outlook. Can anyone provide any hints on what could be the problem... Thanks and Regards Amit Amit, Is it an internal mail? the CRM Exchange Router only works with external mail. Thanks Simon "AmitK" <amitkarnik78@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1129643395.576146.287270@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I have configured the CRM r...

Emails are automatically opening
When I select an email in outlook xp the emails are automatically opening the first highlighted email. Yes, ;) I have checked my settings in folder views - double click is selected, even if I reset it to single then back to double still no go. Also once I close a message, the next one automatically opens - just close not move or deletes. ...

Address Book in Outlook 2002
I own two computers (a laptop and a desktop) and both run on Window's XP Professional and Outlook 2002. I would like to get a copy of my address book on my desktop and place it on my laptop. How do I do this? My thanks in advance. Outlook does not have an address book. All Contact information is stored in the Contacts Folder. You can export your Contacts Folder to a PST file, then import that into the other installation. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Matthew" <mdash@telusplanet.net> wrote in message news:013d01c3a7c4$f1bc1650$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I own two c...

Email Tracking from Shared Outlook Inbox
We have our system setup so that some users have Full Access rights to other users inboxes. The problem comes when a user attempts to track an email from a mailbox other than their own. From an open message the user does not have the Track in CRM button, but if they attempt to track using the buttton available from the inbox, they get an error message stating that they cannot track from the Outlook store to the CRM store. Does anyone have any ideas on how to correct this? Thanks! You have to drag the email into the inbox of the CRM user before tracking it. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM ...

Hyperlink To JPG File
I have added a hyperlink to a jpg (photo) file, and when i select the hyperlink, the jpg file opens in Corel Photo-Paint. Is there a way that I can force it to open with Windows Photo and Fax Viewer, Instead. Thanks GW Open Windows Explorer and find a *.jpg file. Select it and right-click and "Open With" Make Windows Photo and Fax Viewer the default "always open with". If you get an error, you may have to open Corel Photo-Paint and disassociate *.jpg files using probably some Options setting. If neither of these steps work for you, in Windows Explorer>Tools>...

Problem in restricting users from sending/receving internet email
I have found a helpful articel here: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html I read it through couple times but I would like to ask some questions before I start the work on our Exchange 2000 server. 1. The "group" I am going to create for adding users into the restricting list, will it be a Security group or Distribution group? What group scope should I give it? 2. Under the section of "Restricting Users from Sending Internet Base Email", the article tells us to create a *new* SMTP connector and add the group into the "Dilivery Restriction" page. Will ...

User accout shows new email
On start up a message shows in my user account that I have new email messages but am using Outlook 2003 and all incoming emails have been deleted. How do I clear the message ...

Default email addresses keep changing.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I upgraded to version 12.2.4 and every so often the default email addresses that I have chosen, switch to another email address such as the default was Home and is now Office. Even after I change them back, it can change again. <br> This is a problem because when I compose an email, I now have to be very careful which default address appears so that I send the email to the right place! <br> We have more than one Mac. I run Office Business; some use Student/Teacher. Some use S...

playing sounds in email #2
I wonder if anyone can please help me to know how to send an email which will automatically play a sound file when it is previewed or opened by the recipient I have received such emails occasionally, and I now have a serious reason (as opposed to a 'fun' one, which is what all these others were!) to want to do this. Thanks, Jeff ...