How to return to the previous active sheet after hyperlink?

I have many sheets have hyperlinked into 1 common worksheet.
How can I return back to the original sheet after click the hyperlink and
navigated to the common work sheet?
Thanks for advise!

Under view - toolsbars - Web. Note the back/forward buttons. You can either
leave the whole toolbar open, or move these buttons to a different toolbar,
and then use them to go back to previously active sheet.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have many sheets have hyperlinked into 1 common worksheet.
> How can I return back to the original sheet after click the hyperlink and
> navigated to the common work sheet?
> Thanks for advise!

0
Luke
3/17/2010 4:45:32 PM
Hi,

F5 > Enter will take you back the sheet you came from

--
Regards,

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have many sheets have hyperlinked into 1 common worksheet.
> How can I return back to the original sheet after click the hyperlink and
> navigated to the common work sheet?
> Thanks for advise!

0
Ashish
3/17/2010 11:58:11 PM
Thanks a lot for your advise! Brilliant!
I used the back button in the tool bar in Excel 2003.
However, I can't find the button in the Excel 2007 tool bar.
Is there any navigating backward button provided in Excel 2007?

"Ashish Mathur" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> F5 > Enter will take you back the sheet you came from
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Ashish Mathur
> Microsoft Excel MVP
>
> "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have many sheets have hyperlinked into 1 common worksheet.
> > How can I return back to the original sheet after click the hyperlink and
> > navigated to the common work sheet?
> > Thanks for advise!

I found it in the list. Thanks for all of the help!

"Terry" wrote:

> Thanks a lot for your advise! Brilliant!
> I used the back button in the tool bar in Excel 2003.
> However, I can't find the button in the Excel 2007 tool bar.
> Is there any navigating backward button provided in Excel 2007?
>
> "Ashish Mathur" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > F5 > Enter will take you back the sheet you came from
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Ashish Mathur
> > Microsoft Excel MVP
> >
> > "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I have many sheets have hyperlinked into 1 common worksheet.
> > > How can I return back to the original sheet after click the hyperlink and
> > > navigated to the common work sheet?
> > > Thanks for advise!

You are welcome

--
Regards,

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP

> Thanks a lot for your advise! Brilliant!
> I used the back button in the tool bar in Excel 2003.
> However, I can't find the button in the Excel 2007 tool bar.
> Is there any navigating backward button provided in Excel 2007?
>
> "Ashish Mathur" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> F5 > Enter will take you back the sheet you came from
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Ashish Mathur
>> Microsoft Excel MVP
>>
>> "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I have many sheets have hyperlinked into 1 common worksheet.
>> > How can I return back to the original sheet after click the hyperlink
>> > and
>> > navigated to the common work sheet?
>> > Thanks for advise!

0
Ashish

R squared not the same in graph and spread sheet.
I have an X-Y plot displayed with a trend line equation and R squared. I also calculate R squared (RSQ) and the numbers are not the same; 0.8918 and 0.928. Can someone explain this (Excel 2010 and Windows 7)? -- Jim Silverton Extraneous "not" in Reply To. "James Silverton" <jim.silverton@verizon.net> wrote: > I have an X-Y plot displayed with a trend line equation > and R squared. I also calculate R squared (RSQ) and the > numbers are not the same; 0.8918 and 0.928. Can someone > explain this (Excel 2010 and Windows 7)? You would need to post [1] m...

Change links to hyperlinks in a workbook?
I have 5 Income Statement sheets in a workbook. The first sheet is an Income Statement summing four departments (listed by columns). Column B has Dept 1 data, column C has Dept 2 data, etc. ALL data on this sheet is linked (referenced) to the other four sheets which are the individual departments. I know I can set hyperlinks one at a time, but is there a way for me to have each of those links (every cell containing the data from the other four sheets) become hyperlinks? If I have to add another sheet that mirrors the summary sheet but has hyperlinks, that would be fine. I am just ...

calculating return in a range
Hi, I have a range of stock prices. with indication for buy or sell. and i want to calculate the return of the range for example : buy 522.73 buy 527.9 buy 528.81 buy 532.33 buy 535.1 buy 536.23 buy 537.03 buy 538.57 sell 537.54 sell 532.86 sell 538.14 sell 533.08 buy 531.22 I want to calculate the return for the first buy signal. the range is from the start to the first sell signal 537.54- 522.73 then the sell range untill the first buy signal 531.22- 537.54 and so on.... -- kman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kman's Profile: http://www.e...

How to get paper size from dmPaperSize returned from GetDevMode?
For example, dmPaperSize returns 1 which is DMPAPER_LETTER, how do I calculate the paper size like in this case 8.5"x11"? There are so many paper sizes, is there any function call to calculate based on the return value of dmPaperSize or mapping between the value of dmPapersize and actual size? Thank you. The reason I asked the question was because dmPaperLength and dmPaperWidth are 0 for some printers. Also, my HP laserjet returns as a color printer (dmColor = 2) from GetDevMode call. Anyone knows why? ...

cannot insert hyperlink
Hi - others had reported this to me before, and at that time, it worked perfectly well for me - but now, my system has the same problem: I cannot insert a hyperlink into an email message. It's in HTML format, so I select a word of text, and use Insert / Hyperlink, enter the URL - but after that box closes, there's still no hyperlink. I am aware of the fact that hyperlinks will only be clickable after the message will have been sent; however, now, they aren't any more. And, before, I'd at least see the text formatted like a link - that's no longer the case. Any hints ? ...

08 Mac Office activation problems
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Just found an article posted by michellec and I am faced with exactly the same problem - on 'activation' of the product, none of the 3 product keys seem to be correct, hence activation is unsuccessful!! Have received some help emails (and thanks Diana yours had the microsoft help number that has been good, despite the fact they can't help me and tell me I must get in touch with Digital River) but seems that what I need is another product key, and now that I'm asking for that since about 10 days, I don't get any reply ...

Incorporating detail of one sheet into another. #2
There are 2 excel worksheet. I would like to incorporate detail of sheet 2 into sheet1. e.g Sheet2 Contain the following details A B C D E F G Agent1 Agent2 Agent3 Agent4 Agent5 1 Apple Cycle 2 Mango Car 3 Banana Bus 4 Coconut Motor and so on in coloumn c , d , e,f and g. Now what I would like to do is If in sheet 1 If I select Agent 1 all the detail of sheet2 which has column as agent1 should appear exactly as it is in sheet2. And the same thing for Column B, c ...

How can I have more than 64000 rows in one sheet?
I want to import an access database in one excel sheet, it requires 200.000 rows. Any suggestions? "blafblaf" <blafblaf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3D0F75D-7F4E-4F76-95F3-72D7F3AE8D7A@microsoft.com... >I want to import an access database in one excel sheet, it requires 200.000 > rows. Any suggestions? Hi BlafBlaf, The current worksheet row limit of 65536 is not expected to be increased in the immediately foreseeable future. To import your database to Excel, it would therefore be necessary to pass 64k tranches to each of four worksheets. This...

How do I view all Global Catalog Servers in Active Directory
Guys, Is there a way to view and confirm all the Global Catalog Servers in Active Directory? I'll appreciate your help.Regards. -- Buchi On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 08:21:01 -0700, "Buchi" <Buchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Guys, >Is there a way to view and confirm all the Global Catalog Servers in Active >Directory? I'll appreciate your help.Regards. You could in the DNS (dnsmgmt.msc) under the _msdcs folder for your AD domain. or nslookup (ls -t SRV ADdomain.com) or look via Sites and Services or use repadmin: (repadmin /showreps YourDC). The result wi...

Today's date on an Active X Calendar
Could anyone tell me how to set the properties so that the ActiveX calendar I have in the database, displays the current date when the program is openend. I thought this would have been easy, but obviously not! Thanks for any help. CEL504 wrote: > Could anyone tell me how to set the properties so that the ActiveX calendar I > have in the database, displays the current date when the program is openend. > > I thought this would have been easy, but obviously not! > > Thanks for any help. http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.ms-access/msg/1564d683ede98f8c Jame...

Hyperlink File Help

makro to return email
I want a makro that if a check box is checked, a email is send to a recipient. See your other mail and http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Esrei" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:174801c50514$05025190$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I want a makro that if a check box is checked, a email is > send to a recipient. ...

linking sheets
Hi All, How do i link my drop down list in a13 sheet 1 to column f in sheet 2. Hi Jinx if using Data Validation to create your drop down list the easiest way is to range name column F in sheet 2 (go to sheet 2, click on F, click in name box (left hand side of formula bar) type name (no spaces), press enter) then click in Sheet1!A13, choose Data / Validation, choose List - click IN the big white box, press you F3 key to bring up list of names in workbook, choose the name, click OK, click OK again and it should work fine. Hope this helps Cheers JulieD "Jinx" <anonymous@discus...

Active X error
I have tried removing the signature, unchecking the Smart Tags, changing the editor to Plain Text as well as to Rich text all to no avail....here is the error one of my users gets when she tries to send and email from Outlook - she can receive just fine: "One or more ActiveX controls could not be displayed because either: "1) Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page, or "2) You have blocked a publisher of one of the controls. As a result, the page may not display correctly." ...

Protecting user from changing previous data
Hi All, I have a block of data A1:D10 with Protection using ALLOW USER TO EDIT RANGE. The user enter data with the following order: Input 1: A1, B1, C1, D1 Input 2: A2, B2, C2, D2 Input 3: A3, B3, C3, D3 I would like to Automatically prevent the user from changing ROW A1-D1 when Inserting NEW ROWS (Row A2-D2, Row A3-D3). Thank you. This can be a very complex issue if you don't think things out really well ahead of time. What happens if, after they've typed data in A1:D1 and while entering more data in rows below row 1, they realize they made a mistake...

Dead Hyperlinks
Hello everyone. I have a user who was trying to open up hyperlinks that were inserted into her email. If the user did not have any instances if IE open when she clicked the hyperlink, Outlook would open a new IE window and not find the page like no internet connection. If the user already had an instance of IE open and clicked the link, Outlook would use the already running IE window and the page would be found fine. Is there an option or setting that needs to be set or this one of those off the wall problems? Also its the latest IE with all the latest updates. Thanks. Gary ...

copying rows from next sheet over
I'm trying to copy a range of rows from one sheet over from the activ sheet, and paste them onto another sheet. This is what I tried: ActiveSheet.Next.Range("a2:b100").select selection.copy However, I'm getting the error "selection method of the range clas failed" What am I doing wrong, and is there an alternative way to do this? Any help would be appreciated -- ayl32 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ayl322's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=984 View this thread: http://www.excel...

Creating aCRM activity from SFO
I want to send an email that will create an activity for a CRM user. I took an existing e-mail that I had previously sent and clicked on "Promote to CRM activity." I thought this would assign the email as an actrivity to this CRM user. But when I looked in CRM Workplace, the activity did not show up until I looked under "Completed Activities." Why was the e-mail marked as complete? Maybe I don't understand the concept. How do I generate an open activity (something that needs to be followed up on) for a specific user from within SFO? Maybe what I really should be ...

Return the "name box" to the tool bar.
The "name box" disappeared from the tool bar. The name box is ususally on the left end of the format tool bar. It allows the user to view the underlining formulas etc. as opposed to the data or answer displayed in the cell. One way: Tools/Customize. In the Toolbars pane, select Formatting toolbar (e.g., "Formatting" highlighted, not just the checkbox checked). Click Reset. In article <8E82A125-6086-4686-8E53-9F96823C083E@microsoft.com>, ^mike^ <^mike^@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > The "name box" disappeared from the tool bar. Th...

Hyperlink To JPG File
I have added a hyperlink to a jpg (photo) file, and when i select the hyperlink, the jpg file opens in Corel Photo-Paint. Is there a way that I can force it to open with Windows Photo and Fax Viewer, Instead. Thanks GW Open Windows Explorer and find a *.jpg file. Select it and right-click and "Open With" Make Windows Photo and Fax Viewer the default "always open with". If you get an error, you may have to open Corel Photo-Paint and disassociate *.jpg files using probably some Options setting. If neither of these steps work for you, in Windows Explorer>Tools>...

Hyperlink Problem #6
Hi all, Maybe someone can help me with a hyperlink problem we have. We have an index spreadsheet with links to all our main documents etc. These documents can be Pdfs, gifs Jpegs etc. I would have expected that when you click on the hyperlink the document would open with the program associated with the file type. On my particular box, the image file ( gif, jpeg) open in internet explorer although the association to the file should use irfranview, on other machine the file opens in Irfranview. I am not understanding why the file should open in different programs although the file associa...

Sorting Sheets?
In Excel 2002 is there a way of sorting sheets other than by dragging? See www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm for sample VBA code to sort worksheets. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "rifleman" <me9@privacy.net> wrote in message news:bpikvi$1odhnd$1@ID-108938.news.uni-berlin.de... > In Excel 2002 is there a way of sorting sheets other than by dragging? > > Using VBA http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "rifleman" <me9@privacy.net> wrote in mess...

Active docuent
Hello, I just want to show up an RTF report file previously created using automation into a non-modal dialog. CRichText activeX control does not work for this purpose as shows tables, headers etc... diferent from what is into RTF file. I've read about Active Document and the ability to use MS Word seamessly into my aplication. I've downloaded a couple of examples and read a bit about (hard to implement technology, my aplication doesn´t support (i.e. didn't check active container support in wizard when created). It looks that MS Word (or any other active document) takes co...

Discharging a message box with return key
Hi, I handle PreTranslateMessage, look for VK_RETURN in a edit control, the SendMessage() to a button press handler, OnApply(). The effect is, when the user presses RETURN in a specified edit ctrl, the 'Apply' button is pressed programicly. The OnApply() method issues a MessageBox() system modal. Pressing enter to discharge the message box causes the message box to disapear( as expected) but then for some reason PreTranslateMessage receives that return key press, and calls OnApply() again... Clicking OK in the message box works as expectred. Why do i see the return key press in ...

Using a lookup to return multiple values in one cell??
Ok, basically I want to do a lookup to return some figures... I know all the VLOOKUP, etc... trouble is I don't just want to return one figure. It may be 1 figure but then it may be about 9/10 as well. I've got a list of order numbers and a list of orders that need an invoice date next to them. So I've done a bog standard vlookup and it only returns one figure where as there might be 10 invoices related to 1 order... make any sense :? (Table 1) Order Number................... Invoice Date 10010001....................... 22/11/05 10010001....................... 14/10/05 ...