How to make "X" have the value of 1?

In an excel spreadsheet, how can I make "x" have the value of 1 so the column
is totaled automatically?

=COUNTIF(E4:E8,"x")

will count the number of "x"s -  make sure to use your range that you want
to count the "x"s over (E4:E8 is just an example of a range)

--
Wag more, bark less

"lettbonn" wrote:

> In an excel spreadsheet, how can I make "x" have the value of 1 so the column
> is totaled automatically?

1 Mailbox for 2 E-mail addresses?
We have a user who is taking extended leave (1 year) and we would like to have all of his e-mail automatically sent to another user's mailbox without the forwarding. Is it possible to set it up so that this other user can just go to her e-mail and get his e-mail sent directly to her mailbox without the mail having been forwarded from his mailbox? why don't you want the mail to be forwarded? other option is to move the email address from the user who's going on leave to the person who's going to manage the email... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "David Rosen" <Dav...

Modify scale in X axis on a scatter plot from Pivot data
I need to increase the gap between my labels on the X axis in a scatter plot. They are too close and I can not read the labels unless i make them 4pt and zoom in to 200%. There are about 200 points on the X axis at .2 increments. I would like to be able to have labels for whole numbers only. I can not use a fixed set of values by generating a dummy X-axis since the range changes as I apply the different filters. Any ideas? thanks! Sandy Pivot charts don't let you change the spacing of the categories. They also don't let you make an XY (scatter) chart, so you probably have ...

How do I display a text message when a cell has a certain value??
Hi, I have a cell where if the cell is empty (A1=0), then I would like the cell to display "Enter your value here." Otherwise, I would like the cell to display the value a person enters. I have tried using an if/then/else statement and, understandably, I get a circular reference error: =IF(A1=0,"Enter your value here",A1) Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks! Why not just enter the text itself? The value entered by the user will displace (replace) it. This should work if the form is a template. -- HTH, RD ===================================================...

Replace Option Group Value from form with text in report header
Hi all, Question: How can I convert the numerical option group value from a form to a string value and place it in the control source of a textbox in a report header? I have a form used to 'build' reports: users choose a query, a report, and then the rest of the controls on the form are used to build a 'where' clause for the DoCmd.OpenReports statement attached to a command button which opens the report based on all the user's choices. I've tried creating a variable on the report in the declarations area and then using a select case statement in the 'open&...

Office 98 compatable with OS X
Will Office 98 work with OS X? or do I need to purchase a version of Office designed specifically for OS X? Thanks, Rick Office 98 will run fine in OS X's Classic mode. You may need to fine tune your print settings, but other settings should be fine. Make sure you've applied the applicable updates from MacTopia: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx In article <801f01c47764$d2695590$a501280a@phx.gbl>, "Rick" <rk808@aol.com> wrote: > Will Office 98 work with OS X? or do I need to purchase a > version of Office designed specifically for OS...

Backup Exec 9.1. Where is public folder backup located?
Hi All, Using BackUp Exec 9.1 SP1 on an SBS2k Server. I was reviewing my backup selections in a new installation of BE and noticed that under the selection "Microsoft Exchange Public Folders" I only see "Internet Newsgroups." Where is my public calendar? But I see the "Public Folder Store" under "Microsoft Information Store" > "First Storage Group". In addition, I also see the "Mailbox Store" under the same group of "Microsoft Information Store" > "First Storage Group". Is this by design? Has it always be...

BUG?: Excel scatter chart: will not plot x-values
I am trying to make a simple scatter plot. There are two columns of data. Excel will not plot values on the x- axis, only categories. I have entered the ranges for x and y values correctly, and the chart wizard shows it; yet, the chart comes out with the x-axis showing only the points numbered in the order they are entered in the spreadsheet. Oddly enough, if only one y-value is included, it plots properly; the x-axis correctly shows the range of x-values entered, and the single data point shows up at its proper xy location. as soon as I expand the y-range to more points, the x-axis r...

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Conversion_de_donn=E9es_textes_en_nombre?=
Bonjour, J'ai fait un copier-coller d'un tableau sur le Net dans une feuille excel 2007. Ces donn�es sont reconnues comme du texte, comment faire pour qu'elles soient converties en nombre. Avec une version pr�c�dente �a marchait tr�s bien avec "collage sp�cial>multiplication". Mais avec 2007 �a semble ne pas fonctionner. Avez-vous des id�es? Merci pour votre aide. Alain CTRL-H Rechercher ALT-0160 Remplacer par "" et apres (seulement pour �tre s�r) "collage sp�cial-multiplication" -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "A...

Why doesn't this work with XPath 1.0?
I'm using .Net 2.0. I realize that this means XPath 1.0 (which is ridiculous). So here's a document that I have that's not on disk but held in a variable (I queried an Exchange appointment calendar): <?xml version="1.0"?> <a:multistatus xmlns:b="urn:uuid:c2f41010-65b3-11d1-a29f-00aa00c14882/" xmlns:d="urn:schemas:httpmail:" xmlns:f="urn:schemas:mailheader:" xmlns:c="xml:" xmlns:e="urn:schemas:calendar:" xmlns:a="DAV:"> <a:prop> <a:parentname>http://mail.somewhere.com/davrdir/john.doe...

In Excel, how can I print a long list on 1 page in multiple colum.
I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? Thanks Check out this David McRitchie link for the columns question: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm "Chuck" wrote: > I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print > the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on > multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? > > Thanks ...

default combo box value based on most recent record
Hi, I'm working on a database for financial planning. A client could have many plans written over time and it would be best if the same plan writer prepared them. How would I get the Plan Writer combo box value to default to be the same as last time for a particular client. I don't want to simply assign a plan writer to a client, thats not very flexible. My database has a Plan table with lookups for Client and PlanWriter. The Plan table is used as the record source for a form. So, if the most recent record for Fred Flintstone has Barney Rubble listed as the Plan Writer, the next ...

Scaling the x-axis on a line chart
I am having trouble scaling the x-axis so that the intervals are equal. The source data is not in equal intervals, it goes 0.0,0.2,0.4,0.45,0.5,0.6,0.7,0.8,0.9 (I think). What can I do to make the interval on the graph 0.2? I'm using XP. Don't make a line chart. Make an XY chart, using the markers and lines option. Then you can double click the X axis and set any appropriate tick spacing. An XY chart treats X and Y as continuously varying numerical values. A line chart treats Y that way, but treats X as non-numerical text labels. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel M...

Upgrading from Office 98 AND a G3 to a G5 and OS 10.X
I have an older G3, with Microsoft Office, running OS 9.2. I'm going to buy a new iMac. What is the most painless and proper way to upgrade from my Office 98 to the latest version of Microsoft Office on my new iMac? Do I have to install the old Office onto the new computer, or can I purchase the upgrade with the i.d. information that came with my purchase? Thank you. When you install the upgrade version, there should be a point at which you can insert the original office 98 cd and point to it as the qualifying version. Not done this myself, but everyone says it works. Enjoy the new...

Word 2007, Runtime Error code: 429, Active X component can't creat
We have office 2007 professional installed, some users are getting the following error when opening word 2007 Runtime Error code: 429, Active X component can't create object. When I re-create windows profile it's works fine, Is any workaround for this, or is any easy way to just re-create offcie 2007 profile ? ...

Exchange 5.5 and FW-1
FW-1 using Sendmail can't forward alert messages thru exchange, gives error "can't communicate with Port 25". Is this an exchange issue? any known fix? can anyone help at all? if it helps FW-1 is running FreeBSD with Sendmail 8.*..... Check your firewall >-----Original Message----- >FW-1 using Sendmail can't forward alert messages thru exchange, gives >error "can't communicate with Port 25". Is this an exchange issue? any >known fix? can anyone help at all? if it helps FW-1 is running FreeBSD >with Sendmail 8.*..... >. > Mak...

CheckBox returning a Null value
Hi all, I know a checkbox is supposed to return a True (-1) value when in selected state or False (0) value when in unselected state. And that works fine. The problem is that right after opening the form the CheckBox is unselected by default but it's got no value - it returns Null and isnull(me.check15) returns True. Is this a correct behaviour? Should I have a OnLoad event which makes all the checkboxes False? Thanks for help Morris hi Morris, Morris wrote: > Is this a correct behaviour? Should I have a OnLoad event which makes > all the checkboxes False? You may set the Defau...

Print 12/1/1 in cell (Excel changes it to date or another #
While trying to formulate a magazine order list, Excel changes the number of magazines needed (12/1/1) to a number other than that typed into the cell. What I need is the number 12 (for English), 1 (for MP3) and 1 (for Finnish) in this particular cell. How do I get it to print the actual numbers? try putting a ' infront of the numbers "Say Goodnight, Gracie" wrote: > While trying to formulate a magazine order list, Excel changes the number of > magazines needed (12/1/1) to a number other than that typed into the cell. > What I need is the number 12 (for Engli...

In MSExcel2000, how do I make a sheet that adds up my other...
Hi - I have a spreadsheet with pages for 2000, 2001, 2002, etc - how do I make a page in the spreadsheet that continually updates the totals/changes of these pages? -- ahmebah Hi check out the data / consolidation menu option Cheers JulieD "ahmebah" <ahmebah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AED13E75-DEB8-4534-9DFE-21CFBD2B512C@microsoft.com... > Hi - I have a spreadsheet with pages for 2000, 2001, 2002, etc - how do I > make a page in the spreadsheet that continually updates the totals/changes > of > these pages? > -- > ahmebah ...

Acrobat PDFMaker 8.1 for Excel
Acrobat PDFMaker 8.1 for Excel - is this standalone software or part of some Adobe suite? thanks. It is part of Adobe Acrobat 8.1 amber wrote: > Acrobat PDFMaker 8.1 for Excel - is this standalone software or part of > some Adobe suite? > > thanks. ....and which has been superseded by Acrobat 9.3 => http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb10-02.html Bob I wrote: > It is part of Adobe Acrobat 8.1 > >> Acrobat PDFMaker 8.1 for Excel - is this standalone software or part of >> some Adobe suite? If she didn't...

X-Y axis
Is there a way I could get the x and y axis coordinates to display in cell as I drag the shape around with a mouse? Example ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddLine(14.25, 7.5, 143.25, 8.25).Select With ActiveSheet.Shapes.BuildFreeform(msoEditingAuto, 10.5 378.75) .AddNodes msoSegmentLine, msoEditingAuto, 10.5, 297# .AddNodes msoSegmentLine, msoEditingAuto, 109.5, 297# .AddNodes msoSegmentLine, msoEditingAuto, 109.5, 381# .AddNodes msoSegmentLine, msoEditingAuto, 10.5, 378.75 .ConvertToShape.Select I want to be able to cross compare other shapes relative to the ne position of this shape after it has b...

1.2 Redeployment Tool Unhandled Execption
i have the same problem. I tryed it with a redeployment on Windows Server 2003 R2 and on Windows Server 2003 but at no version it works. Than i tryed to install all the updates and servicespacks but it still does not work. What can be wrong?! A new redeployment tootl for 1.2 does not exists also. Best reagards Daniel Doerfel ...

how do you make backgrounds fixed?
How do you make backgrounds for a webpage be fixed and non-repeating (tiled)? I've been trying for anges and haven't managed to get it to work... And when I say fixed I mean so that when you scroll down the picture stays put in the background. Any clues? Drew I don't know how it's done but I can tell you that I find that irritating for some reason. I think it's because when I scroll down to read it, the background seems move in the opposite direction. Quite distracting. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.micro...

Using DateTime X-Axis Labels on MSChart control
I am using the below subroutine to load data for a MSChart control in Access. The query "ChartData" is dynamically linked to a SQL linked table. I wanted to take this approach so the chart would dynamically adjust itself to the table regardless of the number of columns in the recordset. My problem is that the first column in my record set (columns below) is a DateTime data type. I found that I could not use this timestamp as labels for my X-Axis unless I cast it as a VARCHAR before using it. However, if I do this, the X-Axis is no longer automatically scaled, so when I get >5...

Allow Multiple Values check box not showing up
I am trying to create a Multivalued Lookup Field. I am using the Lookup Wizard, but when I get to the place where is should let me choose to store multiple values for the lookup that section does not come up. I went online and printed the instructions off the help page so I know I am doing it right. Help! IMO, multivalued and lookup fields are not a good idea. You didn't mention what version of Access you are using. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "mschurter" wrote: > I am trying to create a Multivalued Lookup Field. I am using the Lookup > ...

need some help with: formatting of x2 dates in 1 cell
Hi and thanks to anyone who reads this. I have a worksheet which contains two columns of dates. In a second worksheet i have a column which adds the two dates together as TEXT and ommits dates which are blank which works perfectly, however: I would like to know how i could format each of the 2 dates in the 1 cell to have different font colors? Here is my existing cell formula: =IF('Data'!E2=0,"",(TEXT('Data'!E2,"dd/mm/yy"))&" "&IF('Data'!F2=0,"",TEXT('Data'!F2,"dd/mm/yy"))) I have a feeling its not...