How to freeze one column vertically, one horizontal in same sprdsh

Is it possible to freeze a column vertically and one horizontally in the same
spreadsheet?

Do you mean other than Row 1 and Column 1? If that is what you meant, then
the answer is "no".

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"sweaver" <sweaver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to freeze a column vertically and one horizontally in the
> same
> spreadsheet?

0
Rick
5/4/2010 7:00:28 PM
What cell is below the row you want frozen and to the right of the column you
want frozen.  Find that intersection cell and place your cursor in it.  Then
go to Windows, Freeze Panes.

On 5/4/2010 3:08 PM, Nadine wrote:
> What cell is below the row you want frozen and to the right of the column you
> want frozen.  Find that intersection cell and place your cursor in it.  Then
> go to Windows, Freeze Panes.
>
> "sweaver" wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to freeze a column vertically and one horizontally in the same
>> spreadsheet?

This approach will freeze ALL the rows above and ALL the columns to the
left of the selected cell, not just one row and column.

Bill
0
Billns
5/5/2010 6:38:18 PM
That was what I took her question to mean she wanted.  Sorry if she didn't
want this.

"Billns" wrote:

> On 5/4/2010 3:08 PM, Nadine wrote:
> > What cell is below the row you want frozen and to the right of the column you
> > want frozen.  Find that intersection cell and place your cursor in it.  Then
> > go to Windows, Freeze Panes.
> >
> > "sweaver" wrote:
> >
> >> Is it possible to freeze a column vertically and one horizontally in the same
> >> spreadsheet?
>
> This approach will freeze ALL the rows above and ALL the columns to the
> left of the selected cell, not just one row and column.
>
> Bill
> .

How do I name the column headings ie. Address
I would like to create a database of names and addresses. I'm unable to find out how to label the column headings ie. Name, Address, Town etc. You can't directly, but you could put headings in Row 1 and turn off Excel's column Headings, Tools>Options>View, Row and Column headers. -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Lyric35" <Lyric35@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:443AD86B-E599-4FFF-B733-A432EDC44959@microsoft.com... >I would like to create a database of names and addresses. I...

Format a certain column
I would like to format a certain column, meaning for example the 5th column from the left to be seen. This should not automatically be the E-column!! If for example the B and C column are hidden, I want the format to be for the G-column. Does anybody have an idea how to do that?? Thanks, Teresa, By "format," you mean use a certain fill color, or something like that (the Excel meaning of "format")? If so, a macro will have to do it if columns are being hidden and unhidden, deleted and inserted, and the formatting must change dynamically. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smoke...

A Combination Chart using a Column and Line
I have a large amount of data about protein values and I have grouped these using the Analysis-Pak Histogram wizard. The resulting frequencies have been charted using the 'Column' Chart Type. Using the NORMDIST function I then plotted the appropriate Normal Curve as a 'Line' Chart Type on the same chart but using a secondary y-axis. I was wondering if there is any sensible way of scaling the NORMDIST values so that both sets of data can be charted on the same axis. Any suggestions will be gratefully received. ...

how do i find out what is uncommon in column list A1: A10 and B1:. #2
i want to compare data in list 1 in column A with list 2 in column B and make a column C which shows data which is not in A A B C apple apple cat cat ball rubber ball dog rubber dog Try the following... C1, copied down: =INDEX($A$1:$A$5,SMALL(IF(COUNTIF($B$1:$B$3,$A$1:$A$5)=0,ROW($A$1:$A$5)-R OW($A$1)+1),ROWS($C$1:$C1))) ....confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER. Hope this helps! In article <DC89B66F-07D9-4262-801D-92ACB053C4B5@microsoft.com>, "ykas" <ykas@discussions.micr...

How to configue outlook for multiple users of one computer
Hi, im having a bit of problem trying to configure outlook so that multiple windows users can use outlook on the same computer. Do i have to setup outlook in administrator mode (for the mail server etc), then create profiles which the computer users can then access and not have to setup mail server info again? gilzzz wrote: > Hi, im having a bit of problem trying to configure outlook so that multiple > windows users can use outlook on the same computer. > > Do i have to setup outlook in administrator mode (for the mail server etc), > then create profiles...

How do I use the option button to select one of two subreports?
I'm trying to select one of two subreports I have in an order form, i've tried using this code: Private Sub Design_Frame_AfterUpdate() Const conCatalogue_Button = 1 Const conCustomized_Button = 2 If Me!Design_Frame.Value = conCatalogue_Button Then Order_Details1_subform.Enabled = True Order_Details1_subform.Visible = True Order_Details2_subform.Enabled = False Order_Details2_subform.Visible = False Else Order_Details1_subform.Ena...

line-column combination chart, with stacked columns
I am trying to make a combination chart with stacked colums and an overlayed line (or data point), just like it is possible to make a combination chart with "regular" bars and a line. Hi, Have you tried creating the combination chart yourself? Create a stacked columns chart, including the series you want to plot as a line. Then select this series and use Chart > Chart Type to change the series into a line chart of your choice. Cheers Andy annewcpss wrote: > I am trying to make a combination chart with stacked colums and an overlayed > line (or data point), just like ...

One Nest Too Many
Hi all, I'm working on a spreadsheet and have hit upon a problem. Due to an extension in the range I am calculating my nested formula now exceeds the magical 7 limit. I only actually need to add on more range to calculate, but cannot work out what to do. The formula I'm using is below. I basically just need to do the same calculation for columns BT and BU: =IF('Resource Calcs'!B2="","",IF('Resource Calcs'!$BF2='Resource By Div'!$A$1,'Resource Calcs'!B2*'Resource Calcs'!$BG2,IF('Resource Calcs'!$BH2='Resource By...

How do I use a single cell value to chart a horizontal line in Exc
Background: I am making a chart where monthly expenses are represented by vertical bars and the monthly budget is a constant, for the entire year, which is represented by a horizontal line. If a vertical bar for a particular month rises above the horizontal budget line then I have exceeded my budget for that month. What I can do: I can create this chart if I use a monthly budget row where each cell in the row has the same value. What I want to do: To keep my spreadsheet manageable, I want to have the monthly budget specified by a single cell, rather than an entire row, because it is a...

How do I create a one cylinder graph?
I want to create a single cylinder graph that is split into 4 pieces by color (like a pie graph but in a cylinder shape) with the bottom piece of the cylinder having the most color at 50%, etc. Put the data in this form: CYLINDERNAME Data1 Data2 Data3 Data4 Use the Chart wizard to create the cylinder chart of your choice. Make sure the series is in COLUMNS. If the data is listed like this: CYLINDER NAME Data1 Data2 Data3 Data4 Do the same thing, but the series must be listed as ROWS. "Ana" wrote: > I want to create a single cylinder graph that is split i...

Delay in receiving mail to one domain
Using Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 on our LAN. In the DMZ-zone is a SMTP-server (Windows 2003) that sends mail to/from the internet and to/from Exchange server. MX-record points to this SMPT-server. The SMTP-service has defined four remote domains, dom1.no, dom2.no, dom3.no, dom4.no and one local (default) domain dom.local Sending mail out from us (all domains) goes immediately. Receiving mail to three domains (dom2-4) goes immediately. But to dom1.no the mails are staying in the queue on the SMTP-server for some minutes and then are sent to the Exchange-server. It looks like the mails to ...

550 5.7.1 Unable to relay to one domain
We have two sites. Our sister site is running Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003. They can send email to any domain BUT ours and we can receive email from any domain BUT theirs. I have verifed that we are not on any blacklist. There error message the sender receives is: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'user@domain.com' on 11/1/2004 8:43 AM 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@domain.com Is it something on our end that is not letting them email us or something on their end in DNS?? Any help would be appreciated. Mr. Mike ...

X axis on 0 on Line-Column on 2 Axes
Is there a way on a Line-Column on 2 Axes chart to have the 0 value on both the bar and line axes be straight across from each other even though the bar chart is in 1,000s and the line axes is in single digits and has negative numbers? Only way I can figure is to put negative numbers in the bar axis as well. Try this: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AlignXon2Ys.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Supe" <Supe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1174954-513D-...

two reports in one
Hi Am I able to print two reports in a report. As in Page one, query 1; page 2 query 2. Now I am opening two reports as Page 1 and Page 2. Many thanks in advance RIchard Richard Create Report1 based on Query1. Create Report2 based on Query2. Create Report3 based on nothing. Open Report3 in design view, add Report1 and Report2 as sub-reports. If you want a page break between them, add that control on the Report3 definition. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Richard" <richardbee@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eX$1R0ngHHA.4208@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gb...

Column/Row Formating
I am using Office XP which inclued Excel 2002; my problem is my row/column formating will occasionally change without any input from me. I have several cells merged and do not have width set to adjust for the amount of text,just text wrap. Any ideas, I have to keep correcting my formats. Thanks, Gary C. Gary Merged cells will allow "wrap text" from Format>Cells>Alignment but.......... Excel has a problem auto-fitting merged cells. You can resize manually or via Macro. Jim Rech has written code for this. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkm...

Attachments to one address and not another?
Outlook 2007 - Is it possible to send an attachment to an email address (ex -in the 'To' field), but not send the attachment to another address (ex - in the 'Bcc' field) for the same message? No. TimBCC wrote: > Outlook 2007 - Is it possible to send an attachment to an email address (ex > -in the 'To' field), but not send the attachment to another address (ex - in > the 'Bcc' field) for the same message? Didn't think so, but thought I'd ask. Thanks. "Bob I" wrote: > No. > > TimBCC wrote: > &...

Can Excel Check two spreadsheets against one another for changes?
I have two spreadsheets one an original and the other has been revised by a second party. Is there a way that Excel can go through the original and highlight any additions, subtractions, changes, etc... Thank You, Judd Sandstrom It depends. If the changes do not include removing rows or columns (or inserting rows or columns), then you could use a program written by Myrna Larson and Bill Manville. You can find a copy on Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/whatsnew.htm look for compare.xla But remember this does a cell-by-cell comparison against two worksheets-...

552 <FQDN>your message counts in one session of 198 exceeds maximum setting 20
Hello Folks, I get the error "552 <FQDN>your message counts in one session of 198 exceeds maximum setting 20" The original message was received at Mon, 2 May 2005 11:18:00 +0300 (AST) from ns1.piramide.nl [195.18.93.6] ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <xxx@xxx.com> ----- Transcript of session follows ----- .... while talking to [192.151.106.72]: >>> DATA <<< 552 momserver.riyadh.afg.com: your message counts in one session of 33 exceeds maximum setting 20 554 <xxx@xxx.com>... Service unavailable Any insights?? It seem...

counting a reoccuring pattern within column
This is my first post. :) I am trying to count the number of times pattern of nonconsecutive numbers occurs within a column. Each numbe is within a separate cell. Any suggestions -- genericia ----------------------------------------------------------------------- generician's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1466 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26286 Hi not completely sure but check out COUNTIF >-----Original Message----- > >This is my first post. :) I am trying to count the number of times a...

Cedit multiline problem
i have a CEDIT control, and multiline is enabled. The problem i have is with a client, all CRLF are displayed as 2 stripes. I can't simulate it. his configurations are: winxp professional service pack 1 font Trebuchet MS 11 Bold does anyone know what the problem could be?? i have tried running my app on more than one xp box, and tried some fonts, but i never have this problem. Maybe there is a known problem with xp ? i don't know thx in advance Does it happen for even something as simple as this? DWORD style = WS_CHILD | WS_BORDER | WS_VISIBLE | ES_LEFT | ES_MULTILINE; edit.C...

Filter data from one collum by looking up from another column
Hi, I am stuck on the following problem: I want to exclude names (or give them another color) from 1 column if they are also in another column. To illustrate this, the result from the following data: A B 1 John Peter 2 Sue Floyd 3 Peter Dan 4 Mike Chris would have to be: John Sue Mike Or in this case I could use a conditional formatting to paint A3 red. How do I do this? Try something like this: Using your posted example: Select A1:A4, with A1 as the active cell From the Excel main menu: <format><conditional formatting> Formula is: =COUNTIF($A$1:$B1,A1)>1 Click the...

Unbound checkbox on datasheet subform
Is there any way to check just the one you checked? Robert Hi Robert, this issue was discussed at length recently on this newsgroup. The short answer is No. The long answer is that you can make the checkbox bound, but it is not very easy. Look at this thread: checkbox on continuous form from Design by Sue Thursday 20 December 2007 Jeanette Cunningham "Robert" <cpq1bcle[REMOVE]@verizon.net> wrote in message news:4778181a$0$19883$bbae4d71@news.suddenlink.net... > Is there any way to check just the one you checked? > > Robert > > "Robert" &...

Duplicate Data -Adding information to another column in row & dele
I have a spreadsheet that I have sorted and contains duplicate cells of information within the same columns, but has needed information within the row. I need some help writing a formula that would allow me to do as discribed below down the entire worksheet: If Cell B2= B3, Then add value in cell E3 to cell E2, retaining the E2 cell vaue, using sometype of delimiter such as a comma or hard return to seperate the 2 values, then delete row 3 and move down through the entire worksheet. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks, Jacky Del Hoyo Try this against a copy of your wor...

Freezing headers with Excel
I'm using Excel 2000 on a Windows XP SP2 computer. I have created a simple spreadsheet, with lots of data regarding my exercise routine on a treadmill. There are several headings at the top of the page, such as minutes, miles, calories, and comments . So far, the spreadsheet is about 3 pages in length. How do I configure this Excel document so that those headings are always at the top of the page, even if I'm on the 2nd or 3rd page? I did some searching on the Internet and came up with this: <<This URL has a solution: http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archiv...

Transpose large data from columns to rows
Hello thanks for the help if possible. I have 2 columns. Column A contains names of employees column B contains the trainings the employees attended. Each employee has different number of trainings (I got this data sorted by simple pivot table) A B Employee X training 1 Employee X training 2 Employee X training 3 Employee Y training 3 Employee Y training 2 Employee Z training 5 Employee Z training 7 Empl...