how to delete and insert in a two cells merge using Access 2003?

I want to merge a column of names to a column of 10 digit mobile numbers; but
in doing so I need to delete "0" (the first digit) before adding "44" to the
front ot the remaining 9. I know of the "=A1& " "&B1" formula, but it does
not do the necessary deletion and insertion I need to do. Any help?

Hi,

Try this in cell C1

=A1&SUBSTITUTE(B1,0,99,1)

--
Regards,

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Dubois2U" <Dubois2U@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to merge a column of names to a column of 10 digit mobile numbers;
> but
> in doing so I need to delete "0" (the first digit) before adding "44" to
> the
> front ot the remaining 9. I know of the "=A1& " "&B1" formula, but it does
> not do the necessary deletion and insertion I need to do. Any help?

0
Ashish
1/14/2010 11:12:40 PM
This is an Excel news Group and you are asking about Access 2003.

I will assume a typo................

Would be nice to see an example of before and after but perhaps something
like this?

=A1 & " " & "44" & RIGHT(B1,9)

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 14:56:03 -0800, Dubois2U
<Dubois2U@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I want to merge a column of names to a column of 10 digit mobile numbers; but
>in doing so I need to delete "0" (the first digit) before adding "44" to the
>front ot the remaining 9. I know of the "=A1& " "&B1" formula, but it does
>not do the necessary deletion and insertion I need to do. Any help?

0
Gord

Unable to delete empty database

Reporting from Project Server