How to create a formula to remove multiple . in a numbers?

Ex: 11.2101.1030.0000.0000.1982 how can I remove these dots in multiple
numbers on a spreadsheet?

If you really mean a formula, meaning you will retain the dotted values and
display the number without the dots in another cell, then use this
formula...

=SUBSTITUTE(A1,".","")

If, on the other hand, you are trying to modify each cell's value in place,
then you can use Edit/Replace from Excel's menu bar... put a dot in the
"Find what" field and leave the "Replace with" field blank (empty).

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Cheri.l" <Cheri.l@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ex: 11.2101.1030.0000.0000.1982 how can I remove these dots in multiple
> numbers on a spreadsheet?

0
Rick
5/6/2010 9:14:16 PM
Cheri.l wrote:
> Ex: 11.2101.1030.0000.0000.1982 how can I remove these dots in multiple
> numbers on a spreadsheet?

You can remove the "dots" with SUBSTITUTE:

=SUBSTITUTE(A1,".","")

The result is still text that looks like a number, but due to the length of the
string, it isn't going to be much good as a number, anyway.
0
Glenn

How do I create a sample in Excel?

multiple email identities

Format for credit card numbers

Help With Margin Formula

limit the number of outgoing messages
Hi, who can I limit the number of concurrent outgoing messages? for example: if I have a queue of 1000 messages, how can I force exchange to send only 50 messages at a time? ...

Creating Exchange 2003 organization

Removing random extra spaces
I have a column for comments there are 900 rows (A1:A900) this data is being imported from another source and some users have extra spaces that I want to remove and place in (B1:B900)...I also want to format it so that it is converted from all caps to all lowercase. For example: A1 reads "INT IN A FREE QUOTE ON 50000 CASH FOR DEBT CONSOLIDATION" B2 reads "int in a free quote on 50000 cash for debt consolidation" -- jermsalerms ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jermsalerms's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/mem...

Opening Multiple Web Links in a Column

Removing spaces from text #4
I'm in excel and i have a bunch of text data that has an extra space at the end of the text on the right hand side for each cell. Is there any easy way to remove this space? Use the TRIM() function. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "lj" <lj@spu.edu> wrote in message news:1144876429.220961.309040@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I'm in excel and i have a bunch of text data that has an extra space at > the end of the text on the right hand side for each cell. Is there any > easy way to remove this space? > I tried using that function but the results st...

Remove headers in Outlook 2003?
I have the weirdest problem, From certain people that send me e-maols, the entire header is shown, all the technical gobbleygook that I really don't need to see and it causes the message to be 1) long ans 2) hard to read through all the techno-stuff. Most people that send me e-mail, I just get the message, am wondering what I need to do? Am I missing a setting in Outlook "03? (For some backround info-actually have Office '07 but had to remove it and install Office '03 for a few weeks due to a technical issue on my part) Any help is appreciated, Jeff "Jeff"...

multiple iterations of same query
Running Access 2003 on Vista. I have a query that chooses 15 records at random. This works fine. What I want to do is run the same query for approx 110 different users, each with their own randomly selected 15 records. Obviously, I want to avoid manually running the same query that many times. How can I get around this? Post your query SQL. -- Build a little, test a little. "Nathan" wrote: > Running Access 2003 on Vista. > > I have a query that chooses 15 records at random. This works fine. > > What I want to do is run the same query fo...

Can't create the item #2

Numbering in Book Files
I am creating a tech manual where each chapter is its own file. I have created an outline numbered list and saved the list in a template that I then use to create the new chapters. However, I am finding that when I go into a new chapter that the outline numbering does not pick up on the chapter (Heading 1) number. For example: Chapter 1: Heading 1 style 1.1: Heading 2 style 1.1.1: Heading 3 style, etc. But when I start my next chapter, when I update the chapter number to start at 2, I get this: Chapter 2: Heading 1 style 1.1: Heading 2 style 1.1.1: Heading 3 style, etc. ...