How to calculate the present value of a security, $5000 @ 7%, 20y.

I'm trying to use excell to calculate the present value of a security that
will pay $5000.00 in 20 years at 7% interest.  PV=FVn/(1+I)N

There is a PV function in Excel. Have a look in the Excel built-in Help for
more info on how to use the function.

Regards,

Tom

"catslgc" wrote:

> I'm trying to use excell to calculate the present value of a security that
> will pay $5000.00 in 20 years at 7% interest.  PV=FVn/(1+I)N

Microsoft wireless laser mouse 5000
I just got one of these. I'm running Windows Vista & have been using a wired Intellimouse. I installed the software & followed the installation instructions (I thought), but the wireless mouse & receiver (which the system reports is working normally) doesn't seem to do anything. The old mouse is still installed & connected & works. What should I do to get the new mouse working? Be gentle with me I'm not a computer wizard... Hi, spentbros. Since we can't see your computer and mouse, we'll need a lot more details to be able to guess at a pr...

how do i change the default value of measure from points to inche.
how do i change the default value of measure from points to inches when setting the width and hight of cells? You don't. Excel uses only points for these measures best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "yoyo4u" <yoyo4u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33420157-6E05-4A55-9003-088D731E495E@microsoft.com... > how do i change the default value of measure from points to inches when > setting the width and hight of cells? yoyo Row heights are measured in points. There are 72 points to an inch. Th...

Rules not working #7
I have a mail profile that I use with one email address that gets a LOT of spam. I have a fair size number of rules (probably 10-15) for categorizing and filtering it, all of them starting wth "Apply this rule after the message arrives". Problem is that most of them only work about half the time. I'll get some messages that were moved to the correct folders, and some similar messages still in the inbox. If I click "Rules Wizard" and the "Run Now" button, selecting all the rules, it moves the ones still in the inbox to the correct folder. How come it didn&#...

test #7
test ...

RE: Use that security update
--dedtgpho Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yzkfzsfqtv"; type="multipart/alternative" --yzkfzsfqtv Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="qeviqcxczwaquy" --qeviqcxczwaquy Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to hel...

Chart to show Portfolio Value over time?
I'm using Money 2003. I would like to be able to see the $ value I have in my portfolio over time. So that I can weep. Money does have a chart view that allows you to see the PRICE history for a given stock over time - but not the dollar value of your investment in the stock over time. In fact, I can't seem to find a view at all that shows you the net value of your portfolio/individual stocks changing over time. The best I've been able to do is to use the "Net Worth" report and unselect all the other accounts. This has insufficient granularity (months instea...

Insert empty numeric value
Dear all, In VB, I have three textbox which are amount1,amount2 and amount3. After user enter the value in the textbox, I will insert the value into Access table. The table have three columns amount1 , amount2 and amount3, and all are nummeric Type. However, if the user do not enter any value in textbox . The insert statement will become as follows: Insert into table1 (amount1,amount2,amount3) values (,,) Then access complain that there is syntax error in insert statement. Does that mean I cannot insert empty value for the numeric value in access.? How to solve this problem. Than...

Subtracting value from main form
I have a borrow module which will alow user to return item separately. So, I have get the structure of returning it separately. In my main form is the borrowing item, with the loaned quantity and the owed quantity (will be calculated). In the subform, there is the returning transaction. User will need to key in the quantity returned and it will be automatically deducted from the quantity owed. But how am I supposed to get the quantity deducted while it 1 is in main form and the other is in subform? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-fo...

GP 6.0 Security
Hi! I am setting User Classes in GP 6.0 and am interested if there's any document showing relations between windows, reports, files. Information in Tools/Resource Decriptions doesn't look usefull. For example if I need to enable Trial Balance Report option for the user, which Windows, Reports and Files have to be included in order for the report to print correctly without 'not privileged' errors. What should be better approach: disable everything and add wanted options or enable everything than disable just screens that I don't want users to see. Latter looks easi...

Calculating values for empty cells.
Hello. I have a very simple problem that I cannot find the answer to. I have data in two columns, some of the data in one of the columns is missing and I want to automatically extrapolate what the data should be based on the trend. How can I get Excel to fill in empty values without overwriting the known values. Below is a sample of my data. 1500 1600 1700 1800 4000 1887 5700 1900 5500 1910 7300 1912 8100 1920 8800 1926 10100 1930 11900 1936 12200 1938 -- Ryan Taylor rtaylor@stgeorgeconsulting.com Not sure what yo...

Replace null value with the previous value?
I have a database that was just imported that has approximately 388000 records. The problem is that there is information about a person in multiple different records but the name did not come across with each record. (So I have 10 records with information for a certain name, but the name only appears in field 1 of the first record and not the subsequent 9, etc.) I need to create a query or expression that will fill field 1 with the preceding value if it is null. This way I will have all the information for field 1 in a manner that I can link and combine data. Simply I need to fil...

How do I find a value on a line?
I made a line graph of data to use as a calibration. I know the y value and I want to find the X value. Is there a way that I find find this specifically on the line without using a trendline formula or guessing by looking at the gridlines? The only way to find a specific value is to use the formula. Rgs, Bou If you can accept piece-wise linear interpolation, see Interactive Chart http://www.tushar- mehta.com/excel/software/interactive_chart_display/index.html -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity s...

Default value for custom field?
How can I populate a custom field with a default value? Specifically, I have a custom field "DisplayName" associated with the Quote Detail object. I want initially to populate this field with the value of the product name field when a new product is added to a quote. The user can then edit the DisplayName custom field if desired. The DisplayName custom field will be used as the product name on a Crystal Reports quote form. ...

Windows 7 uninstall
Well, fool that I am sometimes, I bought an upgrade to Windows 7 Professional at Costco to put on my Dell laptop which is running Vista Home Premium. Turns out I can't do the upgrade but can do an install. So I did, turns out that I now have both operating systems running and hardly any room left on partition D. Next step, I think, is to uninstall 7 and rethink the whole thing. I haven't been happy with Vista, makes the laptop run terribly slow, wish I'd gotten XP instead. Dell's answer to me was to buy another computer, running 7. How does one go about...

New Windows Tempalte LIbrary (WTL) 7.1 released
This version provides full support for Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Windows XP and CE. Download links: http://wtl.50megs.com/wtl.htm > This version provides full support for Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Windows > XP and CE. > > Download links: > http://wtl.50megs.com/wtl.htm Wow - intersting way to promote your politicala agenda. Back on topic.. has anyone ever written documentation for WTL? One of the beefs I had about it when tring to use it 3 years ago was the utter lack of documentation. -- Jim Johnson ...

Upgrading from Great Plains 7 (SQL) to Great Plains 8
When upgrading from Great Plains 7 to Great Plains 8 will all dexterity and other supported customizations be persisted? I would doubt it since some there were changes in some of the tables. I know that some of our customized reports, specifically Purchase Orders and most of the documents in Sales Order Processing that we customized had to be redone. "GaryG" wrote: > When upgrading from Great Plains 7 to Great Plains 8 will all dexterity and > other supported customizations be persisted? Hi If you have had any bespoke work added to your v7 GP, you will need to up...

Security tasks necessary to post from Sales >Receivables Batch scr
I created a new role and assigned task trx-sales-022, enter/edit receipts batches. Description of task says it doesn't include posting. When I click on post on the Receivables Batch screen I get message that I don't have security to the window that is trying to open. I assume it is one of the posting journals. What tasks do I have to assign to the new role so that I can post receivables batches? This could be a really tricky question to answer depending on whether you wish to use the default tasks that are set up, or if you need to modify to make your security more specific...

Security Issue after upgrade to 2003
I upgraded a client to Office 2003. He then received an email with excel attachments. When he tried to open the attachment, excel gave him the error: "Cannot open file. Your antivirus has found a problem with this file" I forwarded over to my email (we are on the same network) and while I had to enable a macro, it opened fine. I downloaded both files and sent it back to him. Same message. I then disabled Norton Enterprise so that he has no AV running and tried to open it again. Same message. Everyone else I have sent it to has no trouble, and this is occurring only since t...

Limit value for Storage Groups
Hello, we are running Exchange 2003 Standard edition. The limitation on Storage Groups for e.g. "Issue warning at(KB)" is default set by 2097151. I read that i can change this value by using ADSI Edit and edit the values mDBOverHardQuotaLimit mDBOverQuotaLimit mDBStorageQuota But each of them has a lots of values and i could not find out which one i have to edit. Could you please give me an advice? TIA helpi If you want to set a value bigger than 2GB for all users on an entire mailbox store, bring up the properties of that mailbox store in ADSIEdit and set the mDBStorageQuot...

custom report not showing values
I have uploaded a very simple SRS report that includes "out of box fields" and custom fields. When I run the report, instead of my custom field values showing in the report, I get the id of the value. What am I missing? -Melissa ...

Extract Values from a Column
I have a worksheet used to track time spent on various jobs. One column is for the JOB # while others are for descriptions, etc. I would like to have formulas or possible a macro (if necessary) to sum the time spent on different jobs. For example, say (for simplicity) that each row is equal to 1 unit of time. Then in this row I put 342 for JOB # 342. After the entire day I have worked on say 5 different jobs. I would like to have a cell that says "Total time spent on Job # 342" and then next to it a formula that would look at the column and count all the values that are equal t...

Value shading map issue
I am creating a map in Excel using MS Map to show a US map. When using the value shading function, I can't figure out how to keep the states that have no values blank. What happens is the key shows a range of values (0- 10, 11-20). I need the states that have NO value to have their own color (or lack of color) and I am not sure how to do this... Any suggestions? Chris In your data, you could calculate the state name in a new column, and use the calculated name in the map. For example, if state names are in column D, and values are in column E: =IF(E2=0,"",D2) Th...

Help: Seting the value of another cell with a formula
I know that there's a way to make a cell a particular value based on the entries of a range, or array of cells, but is it possible to do the reverse, using only one formula in a cell. Here's what I'm trying to do: What I would like to do is set one of a range of cell to have a value based on the value in A2. Example: Cell A1 has a value of 2, A2 has a value of 2007. I want A10 to equal A1, i.e.:2 Cell A1 has a value of 2, A2 has a value of 2008. I want A11 to equal A1, i.e.:2 Cell A1 has a value of 2, A2 has a value of 2009. I want A12 to equal...

Exchange Security/Auditing Tool?
Hi Gang, I'm looking for a product that will do Exchange Security Audits. I'd like the tool to be able to tell me this person logged on to this mailbox at this time from this IP address. Any added functionality would be great, but not my primary objective. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Brad Hi Brad, This is already available in Exchange System Manager. Go to your Administrative Group/Servers/<server>/First Storage Group/Mailbox Store/Logons And when you select Logons, you would be able to see all users currently logged on with time(from when to when). Let me k...

averages without including zero values
={AVERAGE(IF(J7:J21<>0, J7:J21,""))} Trying to use a array formula similar to the above to calculate an average of numbers from a column without including zero value fields in the average. but I am not successful. Any ideas -- lighting ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lighting's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29656 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=493664 Hi Lightning, The Average function ignores empty cells, so try: = Average(J7:J21) --- R...