how to calculate billable rate using base rate and percentage

I have a billable rate of $70 with a mark up percentage of 17.65%. How do I
calculate the base rate?

Hi
70/1.1765
so
70/1.1765 = 59.5
59.5*17.65%=10.51+59.5=70

--
Please click "yes" if this post helped you!

Greatly appreciated

Eva

"Felicia Pickett" wrote:

> I have a billable rate of $70 with a mark up percentage of 17.65%. How do I
> calculate the base rate?
(1+.1765)*X=70
X=70/(1.1765)
X=59.50

Regards,
Fred

"Felicia Pickett" <FeliciaPickett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:FB923CF3-3657-4D7C-8225-33F1A0A7227A@microsoft.com...
>I have a billable rate of $70 with a mark up percentage of 17.65%. How do I
> calculate the base rate?

0
Fred
2/25/2010 3:44:27 AM
=17.65%/(1+17.65%)*70

--
Regards,

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Felicia Pickett" <FeliciaPickett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:FB923CF3-3657-4D7C-8225-33F1A0A7227A@microsoft.com...
> I have a billable rate of $70 with a mark up percentage of 17.65%. How do
> calculate the base rate?

0
Ashish

using info on cd instead of hard drive
I am uncomfortable keeping my MS$ info on my hard drive. I don't have any account #'s entered, and I do use a firewall & a/v updated, etc., but I'm a paranoiac I guess. Is it possible each time I run my MS Money 2004, to use/add to all the data from the backup CD instead of having it stored on my hard drive? If so, how would I do it? Just insert the CD and then enter/update my info and then backup to the same CD-RW? Thanks for any suggestions. I am not technologically advanced, so any help in layperson's simple babysteps would be most appreciated. In microsof...

nOOb Using Excel for cd/dvd database
ok well i guess im not really a n00b but i havent used excel in a long time, since college(6years ago) what im attepting to do is build a database of all my movies and music so i can keep track of it all, also handy for insurance i guess, just wondered what others have done in this regard and what tips you might have for me, as i havnt used excel in ages im not really sure what my limitations are using thisand ive forgotten alot of my vba and formula skills lol, as it stands i have a work book with 4 or 5 worksheets eg 1 for music, 1 for films ...tv shows etc and the cell contain title...

Publisher 2003 websites problem when uploaded using Frontpage 2003
I work for a special school in the uk, we have a school website created and maintained using frontpage 2003. We have the children produce simple webpages using publisher 2003, these are then saved as an htm webpage, producing an .htm file and a folder containing images. When I try to upload these pages to our website using Frontpage we get the text but all the images are missing - Front page can not see the folders and does not FTP them, only the .htm files. Can any one help? AdamS wrote: > When I try to upload these pages to our website using Frontpage we get the > text but all...

FORMULA USING MASTER QTY
have a 12 month period where i enter a master qty per month not to exceed 6 (ie 1.3 = 9 units) how do i sum the period and have excel calculate the formula. ns what would that formula be? todd, I don't know about anyone else but I don't follow what it is you are asking. Can you give more details and possibly a (text) example. -- Regards Sandy sandymann@mailinator.com Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk "todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1450E1A-1C25-48EA-A125-45AA529222C0@microsoft.com... > have a 12 month period where i enter...

Password different using RetrieveGlobals
Hi, I'm experiencing a weird problem when using RetrieveGlobals. The connection string from retrieveuserinfo is showing totally different password from what I used to login so I can't the connection to run any queries. The only account in which the password match is for "sa" account but not if I login using any other valid accounts. Have anyone experienced this issue and/or know a solution? TIA John. ------=_NextPart_0001_0D6BE0B7 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi John I am assuming that you are using Retrieveglobals.dll with Great Plai...

Lost folders in hotmail after using Outlook Connector
I downloaded outlook connector and all of my hotmail items transferred to my outlook fine. However, I just noticed that all of my folders from hotmail were also synched to outlook, and have disappeared from hotmail. I still have the emails in my outlook (2007), however I really need to synch the emails back into my hotmail account - as there are folders on there that I cannot lose so that's why I stick with hotmail - to have web-based storage for these emails should something ever happen to my laptop. How can I get these folders to appear back into my hotmail account? I p...

Example of use WM_PRINTCLIENT and getting bitmap from invisible wnd
Hi, I had take a look to other post about this argoument, but I can't bitBlit ( or something similar ) the content of a window into another when the first is partially or completly invisible. I've succesfully grab the WM_PRINTCLIENT message in this way: ........... //{{AFX_MSG(CTest_Dlg) virtual BOOL OnInitDialog(); afx_msg LRESULT OnPrintClient(WPARAM wParam,LPARAM lParam); DECLARE_EVENTSINK_MAP() //}}AFX_MSG ................. .......... LRESULT CTest_Dlg::OnPrintClient(WPARAM wParam,LPARAM lParam) { HDC const hDC =(HDC) wParam; CDC *const pDC = CDC::FromH...

Using Bound Form and controls to inquire and update with other requirements
Most of the stuff I have done in Access mainly dealt with unbound forms due to the fact that I have issues with how error checking is done. It's been a long while since I have worked with Access and now having to get back into it, but only this time with bound forms and controls. I am still needing to use my custom error checking code to get around the fact that without such code, when doing data validation on individual controls (when moving from one control to another) as opposed to doing data validation on the whole form (moving from one record to another record), data validati...

using check boxes in excel
how do i simplfy size and centering of check boxes on multiple columns? Hi Tommy, Something like this may get you going. Used macro recorder and then tweaked the code. Sub BoxesAway() Dim i As Integer Dim j As Integer Dim k As Integer j = 1.5 k = 1 For i = 1 To 5 ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes.Add(j, 10.25, 24, 17.25).Select Selection.ShapeRange.ScaleWidth 1.91, msoFalse, msoScaleFromTopLeft Selection.Characters.Text = "Howard" & k j = j + 48 k = k + 1 Next Range("A1").Select End Sub HTH Regards, Howard "Tommy" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

Generating a table of figures and table of tables using 'insert caption'

The toolbar at bottom of screen has the word calculate
My excel sheet is not updating other files when they are all opened. The word calculate continues to appear in the ready toolbar at the bottom of the screen. The calculation option in the tools option is set at automatic, iteration is ticked and at maximum iterations. When a number changes the sheet calculates this sheet but not the other opened files. This file is not linked to any other file (i.e it is not dependant on any data in any other file) Can anybody explain what is causing this problem "Calculate" means there's a circular reference. Go through your worksheets u...

Solution To Microsoft Knowledge Base Article
Save the distribution list as a text file and then import the text file either into excel or back into outlook in the contacts folder. From there, you can either drag the lists' member information into a message or print out the list. I discovered this solution when trying to automate the creation of a separate contact card for each member in the list. By saving the list as a text file and then importing the file into my contacts folder, I was able to create separate cards for every member of the list. rgds//Jerome j_thomas_nyc@hotmail.com ...

Percentages #2
I am trying to get some percentages from a sheet that I have imported with about 300 stock prices. I want to get what percent D 1-300 is of C 1-300 and have the answer go to H. I checked the help file and can't seem to find this. Thanks Triad, in Cell H1: =D1/C1 and press enter. Format the cell as %. Copy the formula down Column H. Or if you mean whole columns, then =SUM(D1:D300)/Sum(C1:C300). -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" www.ddmcomputing.com "triad" <triad33@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:109ahnp7572r35d@corp.supernews.com... ...

Return Text based upon text matching
I have two separate worksheets Worksheet A COLUMNA COLUMNB Insurance Company Name Maketer NAME Aetna John Smith BCBC Mary Doolittle Abbington Mike Doe Worksheet B COLUMNA COLUMNH Insurance Company Name Marketer Name Aetna BCBC Abbington I need the Marketer Name to show up in Colu...

Display Bitmap using GDI+
Hi all, I have a MDI application in which I want to display bitmap in view ( Base class is CScrollView) with Scroll bar using GDI+, later I want to mark some part of the image. So plz tell me how I can draw a bitmap with Scroll bar. Thanks and Regards Rinu Use GetScrollCtrl to get scrollbar window and subclass window to intercepting message. in intercepted handler, process WM_PAINT with drawing bitmap image.. -- WebSite : Realization of Dream { imagine your dream} - http://rodream.net WebMail : rodream@naver.com "Rinu Gopalakrishna Pillai" wrote: > Hi all, ...

How Calculate How Many Toolbars Will Fit On a Frame "Row"
Hello, I have several toolbars that I'd like to display on as few "frame rows" as possible. Since the User may change display resolution I can't hardcode which toolbars should be displayed on a row and I therefore need to calculate how many will fit at runtime. To do this I get the size in screen units of the Frame that holds the toobars and then, for each toolbar, I get the size (again in screen units) of the toolbar and use that to calculate how much "space is remaining" on the row. If there's enough room left I add the toolbar to the row and if not I star...

Use of Parntheses in Expressions
Hello, I am fairly new to Access and Excel. I am trying to write a formula/expression, but I think my problem is as simple as having the parenthese in the wrong place. The formula I have currently is as follows: Sum(((IIf([Mapping]![Pricing]="CPM",[TPImpressions]/1000*[Mapping]![Price],IIf([Mapping]![Pricing]="CPC",[TPClicks]*[Mapping]![Price],[TPConv]*[Mapping]![Price]))))*[Mapping]![Eye Engage Cost]))))) I basically want the SUM(IF part to be evaluated first and then multiply the result by [Mapping]![Eye Engage Cost] at the end. Currently, the formula abo...

Data migration strategy from custom MSSQL-based app to CRM 4.0
Hello, We have a client looking to transition to CRM 4.0 from their current home-grown application based on SQL Server 2005. I am curious to get suggestions from the group on how to approach this. Here is one approach I am considering: 1. Create denormalized views in SQL (picklist values included instead of PK/FK keys) 2. Script queries to these views that send query results to a CSV file 3. Create data mappings in DMF to perform mass import 4. Run import with fingers crossed One requirement to note is the client is not looking for a staged migration - everything must be brought over at...

is there a template to use pc as cash register
i am just trying to figure it all out and cant seem to get it to do it properly so i was hoping someone already worked out all the bugs and have a template ...

Use the correction package
--jbughcysxtlv Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="euikrxuqdlkz"; type="multipart/alternative" --euikrxuqdlkz Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="filxxywwowb" --filxxywwowb Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from these v...

Run macro based on cell value in worksheet
Does anyone know of a way to do run a macro based on a cell value. EG i cell A1 = 0, dont run macro - otherwise run macro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Does anyone know of a way to do run a macro based on a cell value. EG i cell A1 = 0, dont run macro - otherwise run macro. below macro will run your code is cell a1 is anything but 0. Do you want the macro to run automatically if a different value i inputted into cell a1, or are you happy for the user to run the macr manually? (if automatically, more code is required) sub Macro 1 () if cells(1,1) = 0 then exit sub &...

won't calculate far enough
Hello, I have a formula (see below) that will work for rows 2-1000, but once I change it to look for columns beyond 2000, it will not work anymore... Any suggestions? This works: =SUMPRODUCT(--('Q Info'!$A$2:$A$1000= 'Per Peice'!A9),'Q Info'!$C$2:$C$1000*'Q Info'!$B$2:$B$1000) This DOESN'T work: =SUMPRODUCT(--('Q Info'!$A$2:$A$9999= 'Per Peice'!A9),'Q Info'!$C$2:$C$9999*'Q Info'!$B$2:$B$9999) -- Nicki Taylor Both you formulas work for me. -- HTH Sandy sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace@mailinator.com with @tiscal...

How do i select different cells to be use in a formula.
Hi I need to know how to select different cells to be used in a formula, but i don't know what is the separator that i need to use to this, see the example bellow Cells that i need to include on my formula: A1 C5 BH32 Thanks. Hi you didn't mention what formula but here's a starting point: =AVERAGE(A1,C5,BH32) or depending on your regional settings =AVERAGE(A1;C5;BH32) hope this helps Cheers JulieD "Manuel" <Manuel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A855A562-725C-4B10-B111-A88F7A767122@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I need to know ho...

Filter a List Box Using a Combo Box
I have a dialog box that contains a list box of all my records; basically this is used as a way for a person to find/edit a previously-entered record (select from list box and click to edit/view). The list box is based on a simple query. I want to add a combo box that will allow me to filter the list box by one of the fields - so the user could select what type of record he/she would like to see, and the list box would automatically filter. I know I need an After Update event on the combo box, but I can't figure out the code. The complicating factor is that there are other filter...

Using Hyperlinks #2
I have a workbook with approx. 100 separate sheets (1 for eac customer). Is there any way of setting up an introductory screen tha would allow a user to select a customer from a drop down list, tha would automatically move them to the appropriate worksheet. (eg. I customer aa1 is selected excel would automtically move to a given cel reference on worksheet aa1). Thanks in advance. Dere -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Take a look here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/listnames.html "derekm >" <<derekm.168o10@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in messag...