How do you search within a document?

I am woundering how you search with in a saved document. I want to make a
spread sheet for my buisness on my supplies, my cost, and my mark up cost but
there is over 200 so I was woundering how i can go into this saved document
and just type in the item I am looking for and have it pop up with out having
to scroll throu the list?

The first thing you should look at is Data>Filter. It may well do everything
you want. If you need more help, post back.

Regards,
Fred

"Me2020" <Me2020@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am woundering how you search with in a saved document. I want to make a
> spread sheet for my buisness on my supplies, my cost, and my mark up cost
> but
> there is over 200 so I was woundering how i can go into this saved
> document
> and just type in the item I am looking for and have it pop up with out
> having
> to scroll throu the list?

0
Fred
3/17/2010 1:21:41 AM
"over 200" what?

Instances of an item?

Worksheets?

"Scroll through the list".............what list?

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 18:07:01 -0700, Me2020
<Me2020@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am woundering how you search with in a saved document. I want to make a
>spread sheet for my buisness on my supplies, my cost, and my mark up cost but
>there is over 200 so I was woundering how i can go into this saved document
>and just type in the item I am looking for and have it pop up with out having
>to scroll throu the list?

0
Gord