How do I subtract todays date from range of dates

I need to make todays date as a constant so when I drag the formula down the
cells used in calculating the cell with todays date does not change.

Use =TODAY()
USe absolute references as in =$A$1
We could help better if we saw you formula
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"AHD3" <AHD3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need to make todays date as a constant so when I drag the formula down
> the
> cells used in calculating the cell with todays date does not change.

0
Bernard
3/10/2010 9:06:22 PM
Control semi-colon if you don't want it to change on subsequent days;
=TODAY() if you do.
--
David Biddulph

"AHD3" <AHD3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need to make todays date as a constant so when I drag the formula down
> the
> cells used in calculating the cell with todays date does not change.

0
David

Dates and Cell Values
How can I get the minimum value from column C for all 8/24/2009 dates in Column A? I tried some index and match functions but still doesn't work. Column A Column B Column C Column D 8/24/2009 12:12:56 AM 113 904 8/24/2009 12:52:56 AM 114 908 8/24/2009 1:32:56 AM 114 907 8/24/2009 2:12:56 AM 112 897 8/24/2009 2:52:56 AM 113 902 8/25/2009 12:13:57 AM 82 654 8/25/2009 12:53:57 AM 81 650 8/25/2009 1:33:57 AM 81 650 8/25/2009 2:13:57 AM 81 650 8/25/2009 2:53:57 AM 81 649 8/25/2009 3:33:57 AM 81 647 8/25/2009 4:13:57 AM 81 646 8/25/2009 4:53:57 AM 81 643 8/...

In Excel, how can a range of Pos #'s be changed to negative num
I dulicate a large series of cells that are all positive. Is there a shortcut to change them to all negaive? Hi, Type -1 in a cell, copy that and then select the range, which has the positive numbers which you want to convert to negative. Right click on the range, select paste special, and choose action as 'Muliply'. Regards Govind. Stuart Millner wrote: > I dulicate a large series of cells that are all positive. Is there a > shortcut to change them to all negaive? Perfect, thanks a million, what an easy solution.... "Govind" wrote: > Hi, > > ...

"Allow users to edit range." Office 03 vs. 97...
I am working on a project related to spreadsheet security and would like to utilize the flexibility the "Allow users to edit ranges..." feature in Office 03 offers. Most people at the company appear to still be on office 97 (Win2k is the OS) and this feature does not appear to work. Does anyone know if there is anyway to use this feature in office 97, or would an upgrade be required? First of all "spredsheet security" is an oxymoron, there is no such thing, sure you can protect against Grandma Sarah but anyone that would bother to use a search engine will find t...

How do you point to a named range in linked workbooks?
Workbook #1 has a range named "Gross Sales" in Sheet1 Cells A2:K2. How can I point to this range so that I can link it to Sheet1 Cells2:K2 in Workbook #2? Is this what you're looking for...? In workbook 2 enter "=[Book1]Sheet1!$A$2" in cell A2. Do the same for cells B2 through K2 with the correct respective links. Hope this helps. -Chad "KG" wrote: > Workbook #1 has a range named "Gross Sales" in Sheet1 Cells A2:K2. How can I > point to this range so that I can link it to Sheet1 Cells2:K2 in Workbook #2? Or, if you don't like to ...

unwanted csv date conversion
I have a CSV file with the following information: "Co","Profile","Profile Name" "003","MAR4","MARK ROGERS - District or Corp Accountant" "004","MAR4","MARK ROGERS - District or Corp Accountant" Excel is automatically converting my TEXT MAR4 field to 4-Mar (3/4/2005). The only way I can find to avoid the incorrect conversion, is to change the extension to *.txt, then Import it, and on that column, change it from the default type of "General" to "Text". Is there some setting somewh...

Outlook 98
I have someone who have multiple appointments in his calendar. He wants to show 7 days in the outlook today folder but it only shows 5. There are appointments on the days that are not showing. I have set under TOOLS, OPTIONS to show all 7 days of the week but it still only shows 5 days. Is there is a limit as to how many appointments are to be displayed? ...

trying to resolve range names to variable that vba can act on
Good afternoon I am trying to loop thru all ranges on a particular worksheet (sheet2) and execute the command Range("loopthruallranges").ClearContents. the clearcontents was provided by MVP Rick and it does exactly what i want to do but my problem is resolving the names of the individual ranges so that =93loopthruallranges=94 can be replaced by a variable. I believe it has to be something like Sub clearcontents() dim rn as string for each range in worksheet (sheet2) range. x=3Drange.name x.clearcontents Next end sub But I have tried a multitude of different schemes...

Script for changing users date format
Hi, Is there an easy way to change a bunch of users date format in one go? Thanks, Sophie Hi Sophie, Have you look into using workflow to update the data format field fo the users? Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe Horwath http://www.crowecrm.com On Dec 16, 6:27=A0pm, Sophie <Sop...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Is there an easy way to change a bunch of users date format in one go? > > Thanks, > Sophie Hi Darren, Thanks for getting back to me. I can't find anywhere in the workflow an option to change the date format? Thanks, Sophie &qu...

Today only, join for FREE: http://beam.to/wealthymen
Today only, join for FREE: http://beam.to/wealthymen Wealthy Men is the one and only online personals site dedicated to those men & women seeking a higher caliber online dating experience. 5 Great Reasons to Join WealthyMen Women now can join a personals site with successful men who make over $100k a year. Men receive many more emails from women than from any other dating site. Men are verified using our patented WM Verification System. Our sophisticated user interface makes checking messages & browsing new members a snap. Connect with thousands of new members eve...

Hallo, I want to group my sent mail by day (and not by day, hour and minute). So if I have sent 200 e-mails in the previous 14 days I want to see 14 groups instead of nearly 190 because they are not clusterd by day. I have tried to create a new field (formula,= integer(sentdate)), this field works fine in a normal view but if I want to group with it, then outlook does not allow it (I think no new, selfmade field allows grouping). Who can help? Thank you very much in advance! Sabine I thought I had the answer - but it didn't work. Still, if I tell you what I did, it might spark some ...

Copy and paste two named ranges together.
I am attempting to copy and combine two named ranges of equal size into a blank spreadsheet. How does one copy the first named range and concurrently seperate each copied row with a blank row into the blank spreadsheet, and copy the second range and paste those copied records into the blank rows? I am looking for a systematic way of doing this consolidation. There can be hundreds of rows of data. Also the named ranges can very in size month to month. The end result is to combine two ranges for a journal entry upload into a financial accounting entry. The two arrays represent the ...

Task reminders set for a time/date AFTER due date

Listing Dates #2
Hi! I have a spreadsheet with the following info: Date Time Profit 03/10/2003 0132 65 03/11/2003 0358 -22 03/12/2003 2135 120 ..... ..... 10/29/2004 1826 -18 So there are hundreds of rows of data. 1-How can I generate a list of all the MONDAYS to the side of this list? 2-How can I get the average value of PROFIT when Time is <= 14:00) Thank you Maxime 1-How can I generate a list of all the MONDAYS to the side of thi list? you can show Mondays with :- =IF(WEEKDAY(A2)=2,"Monday","") 2-How can I get the average va...

Disable mouse clicks on a range of cells with validations
I have ranges of cells that have a validation based on the results of a formula in another portion of the sheet. The idea is prevent the end user from entering a value that has already been entered xxx times within given column. Everything works fine. The problem is that the end user can bypass the validation by entering the value they want and simply "clicking" over to another cell. Is there a script that I can insert into the spreadsheet that will either disable mouse clicks within a given range(s) or force the end user to either use the "enter" key or the &...

Changing number to dates
When ever I try to paste the characters 6-16 or 4-14 for example it is displayed as a date. I have tried formatting the cells to read this information as text. it is always overridden and converted to a date. How do I paste this info and have it appear the way that I want? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Hi Craig format the target cells as 'Text' or insert the values with a leading apostrophe (') Frank Craig wrote: > When ever I try to paste the characters 6-16 or 4-14 for example it > is displayed as a date. I have tried formatting the cells to read > this info...

Validating entered dates
Is there a way either by using Excel functions or VBA, to validate an entered date i.e 40/12/2003 (dd/mm/yyyy) is rejected ? I have tried using Date/Validation, but this seems to fail when a date is copied in to the cell. Thanks in advance. Richard It would appear that is not a date, as there are no months with 40 days. You can make date range entries in Data>Validation>Settings tab>Allow>Date. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Richard" <nomailplease@all.co.uk> wrote in message news:09a401c34c6e$0308d590$a601280a@phx.gbl....

Validating a date field
I need Excel to validate that an entry in a date field is correct. Specifically, if someone includes the day of the week in an entry (e.g., Wed 02/16/05) I need Excel to display "You entered an incorrect date format. Enter the date as mm/dd/yy and do not include the day of the week." Can anyone tell me how to do that? Ken Elder Oklahoma City -- kenelder ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kenelder's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20020 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t...

Capture Date when Query Refreshed
I have an Excel file that has several queries that import data from an Access Database. I'd like something that 'stamps' a cell informing the user the last time the data was refreshed. For example, when the user clicks the refresh data button on the External Data toolbar, or is there something that I can do that will capture when the data was actually updated? Have to account for users who are not connected to the network. I don't want it to stamp the new date if the data source isn't available to make the update. Thanks in advance. Frank ...

Default Task due date
I've looked all over, is there a way I can set the due date on a new task to today? By default the due date ion a new task s "none". ...

Inventory
Does upgrade V8 allow you to print an inventory valuation for a prevoius date. Our present version only allows a valuation for the day, and the transactions that have been processed at that time, and does not allow new month transactions to be processed if one is going to get a valuation for a particular day. We can not start new month posting until all transactions for the month have been processed, and ALL valuation, creditors and debtors reports have been run. This is no longer acceptable . . . ...

sumif using >range as criteria
I am trying to figure out a way to sum a range if it is less than th value in another range. Basically, I have a column of data in colum A. In column B, I have a column of numbers that are break points. Let's say that column A is the numbers 1-100. Column B has 10, 20, 30 40, etc up to 100. I want to write a sumif formula that will add u the numbers that are greater than 10, the numbers that are greater tha 20, etc. I know that I can put ">10" as the criteria and make it work I really need to be able to use the range that contains the #10 as th criteria, as 1) I want to ...

Get First date from a set of record 06-17-07
Please help me create a function to 1. returns a value of 1 if the expression ("date") is the first date from a specified set of records. 2. returns a value of 2 if the "date" is the second date from a specified set of records that meets the following criteria: ...

Customize Outlook Today #6
Since applying critical updates for Windows 2000 and Office 2000 my Customize Outlook Today will not work. The button will highlight, but nothing will happen. So far our IT Administrators have recommended to uninstall and reinstall. I have tried this, but even without the new updates the option is no longer available. Any suggestions/advice? Check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 "Ken Myers" <ken.myers@med.va.gov> wrote in message news:0ae901c355d9$b2ca6a60$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Since applying critical updates for Windows 2000 an...

WORKDAY returns too late a date
When I use the formula =WORKDAY("12/5/05",4) it returns 12/9/05 and =WORKDAY("12/5/05",5) returns 12/12/05 What I really need is a formula that will let me add 5 days (or whatever) to a date, count that date as the first day, then return the date that would be the 5th date. e.g. 12/5/05, 5 12/5/05, 12/6/05, 12/7/05, 12/8/05, 12/9/05 so it should return 12/9/05, not 12/12/05 =WORKDAY("12/5/05",5)-1 returns 12/11/05, so this is not the answer. I also have a range of holidays in the formula but that is not an issue here. Can anyone help me with this formula...

View emails sent by time range excl weekends
Want to create a query to view email by sent time range e.g. 9-5 excl weekends pmr wrote: > Want to create a query to view email by sent time range e.g. 9-5 excl weekends Not an Outlook expert but you could set a filter. Mon(1)-Fri(5) if vbMonday used. ? weekday(now(),vbMonday) <= 5 True Look at the Restrict method in help for filtering. ...