How do I get the formula icon back on my toolbar?

I seem to have lost the formula icon off my toolbar and don't know how to get
it back so that I can do quick sums in my spreadsheet.  How do I do this
please?

hi
are you talking about the autosum icon.
if so then....
right click any toolbar and from the popup. click customize.
in the customize dialog, click the commands tab.
on the left, click insert.
on the right, scroll down to autosum
right click and hold the autosum icon and drag it to where ever you want it.
release the mouse.
close the customize dialog.
done.

regards
FSt1

"Andrea confused" wrote:

> I seem to have lost the formula icon off my toolbar and don't know how to get
> it back so that I can do quick sums in my spreadsheet.  How do I do this
> please?

Back-up, yes
Yes, I have a pretty recent back-up. In microsoft.public.money, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Yes, I have a pretty recent back-up. Good start. After you think, don't bother post that you then have pretty recent back-upS. ...

Formulas #24
How can I programme excel so that if Column A is filled in for a value then it will ignore any values in Column B Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany GBH99 wrote: > How can I programme excel so that if Column A is filled in for a > value then it will ignore any values in Column B ...

How do I get a dialog box asking if I want to open a downloaded do
When I download a document, I would like a pop-up box to ask if I want to open the document. On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 18:02:01 -0800, Ron <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I download a document, I would like a pop-up box to ask if I want to >open the document. It seems to me that would be a function of whatever program you're using to do the downloading. Is that Word? -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. ...

Some poor slob installed Ubuntu. Needs to run line commands to get that piece of crap to work
I installed ubuntu 9.10 and it was rebooting just before the login screen. After really long search it turned out it's the video driver, I guess the one coming with ubuntu didn't like my card. I have integrated Radeon HD3200. What worked for me: 1. Select recovery mode from grub menu (in your case for 9.10 too) 2. In the first following screen select "root with networking" to have internet 3. Install video driver package EnvyNG with: sudo apt-get install envyng-core envyng-qt <==================== line commands to get sucky Ubuntu to work. Oops. 4. Run i...

How do I get rid of these weird lines?
Here is a pic: http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h126/majchan/weirdlines.jpg I can't select them, I can't delete them, all I can do is move them up or down a line. I tried copying my document into a new document, and the lines are copied with it. How do I get rid of them? I am using Word 2002. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "majean" <majean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E47F9E5-268D-49C5-88CA-D3F...

Get KSPROPERTY_BDA_NODE_DESCRIPTORS in a Filterdriver once
Hi i try to get the BDA Node discriptor in a device upperfilter for a BDA device. ksProperty.Set = KSPROPSETID_BdaTopology; ksProperty.Id = KSPROPERTY_BDA_NODE_DESCRIPTORS; ksProperty.Flags = KSPROPERTY_TYPE_GET; i test in FilterDispatchPnp after IRP_MN_START_DEVICE send Irp sync down -> crash STOP 0000007E after IRP_MJ_CREATE (send sync...) -> crash 7E now my problem is, i need this befor the first IRP_MJ_DEVICE_CONTROL comes in. is there any other suggestions for me BTW: it is posible to get the node discriptor from outer with the BDA driver stand alone! th...

AHHHH-Get Data from Multiple Excel workbooks
Dear All, I am going down real bad. 1 - I have many excel workbooks. Let's say around 30. 2 - Each workbook contains only 1 sheet or may in the future contain more sheets. 3 - Each sheet contains list of data with dynamic named ranges which expand as new data is entered. 4 - How do I create a query in Excel (MS query) from the Data > Import External Data > New Data Base Query command. 5 - I tried everything. Nothing works. I can not add a second excel workbook while I want to add as many workbboks as I want say 30. The Owner & Table > Add Table > Workbook options in MS...

Average formula #2
I need a formula that would look at a month's worth of information and throw out any info that is unusual - (st.Deviation?) I really only want business days. Denise You mean like putting this in column B =IF(Abs((A1-Ave)/StdDev)>1,"This looks dodgy","") I have assumed that the data is in column A, you calculated the average of the data and put it in a cell named Ave, and you calculated the std dev and put it in a cell named StdDev. You can use the built-in formulae to calc average and std dev "Denise" <denise_blinn@hotmail.com> wrote in messag...

How do you get changes in the HQ Db picked up by Worksheets
Many times we need to make large volume changes to products in our RMS databases (over 26000 SKUs). We use MS Access queries to make those changes. Right now those changes need to be made in HQ and each of the SO databases. I would like to be able to make them in the HQ Db only and have the RMS work sheet process propigate the changes to all the SO Dbs. I am assuming that the DBTimestamp is what is being used to determine what records need to be update or not. How do I update the timestamp using MS Access to make this happen? Thanks, TomT If you can represent the ...

How can I get the selected item number from a combo box?
How can I get the selected item number from a combo box. Say that combo has only two items: (Madam;Mister). If "Madam" is selected, I would like to get item number of Madam < it is zero in this example. Thank you You refer to the value via the name of the control. If it is multi-column, you append .column(number) to the name where number is 0 for the first column. -Dorian "mezzanine1974" wrote: > How can I get the selected item number from a combo box. Say that > combo has only two items: (Madam;Mister). > If "Madam" is selected, I would like to g...

Icons and sorting
I just started using a great little tool called, "RSS Popper"[1] to get RSS feeds into Outlook. It works pretty well. It creates RSS items in an Outlook folder. My question is mundane and I'm honestly a little embarrassed... I don't know how to make Outlook rules that deal with the items RSS items that RSS Popper creates. I don't recognize the icons! I've posted a screen shot here http://www.thebiermans.net/junk/outlook.png If anyone could tell me what these are, and/or how to make rules that deal with them, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks very much....

excel 2000 formula
can anyone help I'm new to excel formula, I want to find a function that will help me calculate the following: I'm a coach in athelitics, if my runners get below a certin time they go into a group "intermediat group" if they are above a certin time they go to the "advanced group" I need the formula to show nothing in the speadsheet and then when a time is entered it produces what group the athlete will be best suited to. Criteria: Less than 2 minutes = Advanced group More than 2 minutes = intermediate group and I need the cell to show nothing untill a time ...

How to reach at the source of the formula
HI IF I HAVE A FORMULA IN A1 CELL OF SHEET1 I.E "=SUM(SHEET2!B3:B40)", HOW CAN I GO TO THAT RANGE WITH OUT USING SHEET TAB WITH THE MOUSE OR alt+page down. AHMAD You can click "Trace precedent" on the Formula Auditing toolbar, then double-click on the dotted arrow line (leading from the little sheet icon) to surface the "Go To" dialog. Then just double-click on the range in the dialog's window and it'll zap you straight to that source range. If the above helped you in any/some way, pl press the YES button below p/s: Don't use all caps in your p...

Counting formula help needed!
I'm attempting to do a spreadsheet to show our turnover data. I have sheets titled Terms, Hires, 1st Shift, 2nd Shift and 3rd Shift. My terms and hires sheets have a columns for name, shift and month of term/hire. My shift sheets have the months listed down the left side. I need a formula to count the number of 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift employees termed/hired in each month (i.e. count the number of 1's in the shift column and 1's in the month column, etc.). Once I have the initial formula, I can copy and make changes where needed. I've tried everything I can th...

Writing back to POP tables through SQL
Hello, Does anyone have experience, or know if there is an acceptable way to update POP10100 and POP10110 through a backend process? I'm working on a B2B (RosettaNet) integration with our GPS8.0 system. I have it pulling out new POs and sending them to one of our vendors but I need the ability to update them when I get a confirmation back from the vendor. I've been looking for a way to do this using third party tools but I haven't found anyone that let's me write to the PO tables. They usually just let me read. I'd like to just do a simple SQL update but I'v...

repeating a formula throughout a worksheet
Hi I havent used excell for some years and have set up a basic worksheet, but am wanting to repeat a formula each third row which is row 1 balance plus row 2 minus row 3 equals balance as displayed in row 4 and then repeat this thoughtou the worksheet for several columns ( if that makes sense- im sure it can be done not sure how thou and have looked through help topics everywhere so if any one can help in basic language it would be great thanks. Jtnru If its single row then click your cell that contains the formula once then hold shift and click the further most cell that you want the f...

How do i make a variable part of a formula
Say I have some vba code that looks like: ActiveCell.Range("A1:B5").Select Selection.FormulaArray = _ "=LINEST(R[1]C[-3]:R[5]C[-3],R[1]C[-2]:R[5]C[2],TRUE,TRUE)" Let's say that I am looping over some variable i, and would someho like to insert that variable into the code: Selection.FormulaArray = _ "=LINEST(R[1]C[*i*]:R[5]C[*i+1 ],R[1]C[-2]:R[5]C[2],TRUE,TRUE)" Obviously, I can't simply insert the i's in there -- what instea should i do? thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Selection.FormulaArray = _ "=LINEST(R[1]C["...

formula to get true average
Hi, I need a formula to achieve a average for some mutual funds I have purchased over a period of years. Column A contains the number of shares I have purchased and Column C contain the price per share and Column D contains the cost for these shares. For example column A2 contains 130.29 and Column C2 contains $18.30 and Column D2 contains $2,484.25. Each cell in Column A contains a different number of shares and likewise so does column C and D. I have 40 cells in Column A each with a different number of shares and Column C has 50 cells each with a different amount per share and Colum...

Using text in a cell in a formula
I need to have a formula use the text of adjacent cells to determine where to look for values. I want to grab data from multiple datasheets but I don't want to have to type the sheet name in every formula, I want the formula to grab the name of the sheet from an adjacent cell. i.e. I need a formula like =if(sheet1!B2>0,100,""), but I need a function that will fill in the sheet name from the text value of an adjacent cell that would have the sheet name in it as I will be doing this for multiple cells on the same sheet. see your other post -- Biff Microsoft...

PhoneCall get from ID
Hi, how can I get in a phonecall entity the ID and the entitytype from the field "from"? Christian Hi Christian, Not sure in exactly what way you need it (means in client side scripting or in programming) Script: var lookupItem = new Array; lookupItem = null; lookupItem = crmForm.all.from.DataValue; // If there is data in the field, show it in a series of alerts. if (lookupItem[0] != null) { // The text value of the lookup. alert('name' + lookupItem[0].name); // The GUID of the lookup. alert('id' + lookupItem[0].id); // The ...

Get the ID of a newly added record
I have a table that is being accessed through a class derived from MFC's CRecordSet. The table is actually implemented in Access and it's ID is an auto number field. After doing an AddNew to the table, how can the newly added row's ID be retrieved? In SQL server, I just would have created a stored procedure which would have added the row and returned the ID. obviously, I can't do that in Access. Any ideas? -- Richard Lewis Haggard Hi U�ytkownik "Richard Lewis Haggard" <HaggardAtWorldDotStdDotCom> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:%23VlM$X1%23EHA.4092@TK2MSF...

How to pull back information(taxes,customer payment history)
Hello, We send GP customer bills using SOP transactions using e-connect once a month. I send them in Batches. GP calculates taxes for us. All is well and working. Question 1: How do I pull back taxes for the SOP items that have been posted for a given customer for a given month and product? I am going to use this tax information to generate our bills for the customers. Which requester object would you use for this? If not what tables should I directly pull this info from? Question 2: In the front end application, I am trying to build a screen where I dsiplay customer payment history,...

hot to get + sign on positive nos
Dear all Need quick help. It is possible to get minus sign for negative nos. But HOW CAN I GET PLUS '+' SIGN FOR POSITIVE CALCULATION. E.G. SUBTRACT VALUE OF COL B FROM COL A and result should be +2 COL A COL B COL C 50 48 +2 if any body know how to do please reply soon. Regards Anoop -- anoop ------------------------------------------------------------------------ anoop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3066 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=4847...

Array Formulas
Is there some kind of default I need to reset in order for the arra formulas with the {} bracket to take effect after pressin CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER? For some reason the formula is not bracketed {} eve after pressing the CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER keys. Thank you for any info you might be able to share -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com mymk You must be in Edit Mode when you CRTL + SHIFT + ENTER. Double-click on the cell or click on formula in formula bar. Then CSE Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 14 May 2004 16:34:36 -0500, mymk <<mymk.169mbn@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: &...

cell formula
I have a cell formula i want to modify so it says "YES" if today is a monday and "No" if today is any other day of the week. =IF(B9="","YES","NO") at this stage it works if B9 is not empyy is this possible? thanks rslc Hi, How about this =IF(WEEKDAY(B9)=2,"Yes","No") -- Mike When competing hypotheses are...