How do I delete excess pages from a file?

I'm sending a file that I only need one page in, but the recipient has told
me that it has 1700 pages. I'm using Excel and sending with outlook.

What does the file look like from your end?

Has it got 1,700 pages or just one?

"deejai03" wrote:

> I'm sending a file that I only need one page in, but the recipient has told
> me that it has 1700 pages. I'm using Excel and sending with outlook.
In Excel jargon a File is a workbook.

A workbook can have multiple worksheets.

A worksheet can have multiple pages when printed.

What exactly is the problem based upon this information?

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 08:40:02 -0800, deejai03
<deejai03@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm sending a file that I only need one page in, but the recipient has told
>me that it has 1700 pages. I'm using Excel and sending with outlook.

0
Gord

FBI FORENSICS CAN FIND DELETED FILES xxxaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssaaaaaaaaa\aaaa
begin 644 30dfr.txt M66]U)W)E(&EN(%-E<FEO=7,@5')O=6)L92 M($ET)W,@82!0<F]V96X@1F%C M="$-"@T*1D))($9/4D5.4TE#4R!#04X@1DE.1"!$14Q%5$5$($9)3$53#0H- M"E1(15)%($%212!42$E.1U,@3TX@64]54B!#3TU0551%4@T*5$A!5"!93U4@ M5$A/54=(5"!93U4@1$5,151%1"X-"@T*(2$A(4)55"!42$59($%212!35$E, M3"!42$5212$A(0T*#0I#;&EC:R!H97)E(&9O<B!D971A:6QS(&]N('1H92!% M5DE$14Y#12!%3$E-24Y!5$]2#0H-"D-L96%R('EO=7(@8V]M<'5T97(@;V8@ M:6YC<FEM:6YA=&EN9R!F:6QE<PT*=&AA="!Y;W4@8V%N;F]T(&1E;&5T92X- M"@T*=W=W+G)E;6...

Large excel files
I use excel files with large amounts of data, sometimes up to 250,000 lines of data. Pivot tables cause the files to become large and cumbersome and frequently my computer freezes and I have to start over. Even when I delete all the PT's to free up space, the files remain over 100mg. I know I should probably be using access and I will (someday), but does anyone have any advice for me now as to how to manage these large files in excel. Would additional memory help? Why doesn't the size of the file reduce once the pt's are deleted? PB Your used range may be larger than you t...

Workflow to export file
Hi All Wondering if it is at all possible to have a workflow rule to export a csv file into a shared directory? I would like to be able to trigger this to happen when a service activity is closed so that file can be imported into an accounting application. Any assistance would be appreciated. Ian Not with standard workflow however you can build a workflow .net dll so you do pretty much anything you want. Some coding required ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "ilr" <ilr@noemail.noemail> wrote in message ...

Help with Help File
Thanks you for your time. I have created a help file through Word and saving it as an html file. I'm trying to press a button on different forms that will go to that particular help file. Here is the code I'm trying to use: Dim stDocName, strHelp As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String strHelp = "login.htm" stDocName = "frmHelpMain" DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , , stLinkCriteria, , strHelp When I put a break in and hover over the strHelp it shows strHelp = "login. htm" for the openargs. The problem is that it comes up wit...

Opening previous version files
I have some word documents in "my documents" that were created by word 9.0 I can open them from within my current version (2003) but when I double click on the file from the my documents folder they do not open. Word 2003 starts but the document is blank. Help please. -- Josh http://www.gmayor.com/Document_Not_Found.htm should help fix the registry issues that cause this type of problem -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor...

how do I share a file with another computer
another person opened an excel - "phone log" now we want it in a shared file so I can open it at my desk - to update the information??? How do I do this?? hi, for using one xl sheet / file by more than one user, u can go through the follwoing details and get the job done.. open the file u want to use, go to > Tools > Share work book > Editing-- here mark tick in the box, go to advanced - tick on chages being saved wins. this will allow more than two user to use the same workbook and also update by different users at the same time... regards, virendra -- vir...

linked graphics moved file and graphics
I moved my large pub file along with the graphics to a new location on my computer. How do you tell publisher to look in another place for all of the graphics. When I open it now, I have to go and look for each graphic and create the link again. Using 2003, however maybe using 2007, so if there is a fix for either would like to know it. Tools, Options, General tab... -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ap1971" <ap1971@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D5B5AE8-5794-4228-9A78-E5DD3D1293EA@microsoft.com... >I moved my large pub file along with ...

Add data but disallow the deletion of the original data
Hi, Is there are a way to let users add on data to a spreadsheet but disallow them to modify/delete the original data? -- Regards, Adrian lock the cells to be protected>unlock the cells allowing changes>protect sheet -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Adrian" <xinke@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OUrzVeShEHA.1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is there are a way to let users add on data to a spreadsheet but > disallow them to modify/delete the original data? > > -- > Regards, > Adrian > > Adrian You...

I need to concatenate multiple Publisher/PDF files into 1 PDF document
Help! I'm working on policy/procedure documents and I'm trying to concatenate all document sections into 1 PDF file. Is this possible? If 'yes' how? In Adobe Acrobat, file, Create PDF... from Multiple files... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com <rodney.ingram@sdhc.k12.fl.us> wrote in message news:1136562593.047928.259530@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Help! > > I'm working on policy/procedure documents and I'm trying to > concatenate all document sections into 1 PDF file. Is ...

Page lifecycle execution continues after server.transfer in 3.5 framework
I have noticed that after switching to 3.5 from 2.0 after a server.transfer, the page lifecycle of the new page run but when its done, it comes back to the original page to finish the page lifecycle there. this causes errors in my web application. is there a change in 3.5 that causes this issue? page_load of 1st page, => server.transfer => page_load/Render etc of 2nd page => returns to 1st page to finish page_load and rest of events. in 2.0, the executing code never returned to 1st page. We have exception logging that is now getting filled up with these exceptions t...

Riferimenti a file esterni
Ciao a tutti, il mio problema � il seguente: Devo fare dei riferimenti a diversi file esterni, i nomi di questi file sono presente nel mio foglio di lavoro ed il loro percorso � identico. Io volevo fare un discorso del genenre: Scrivere il percorso ed al posto del nome file fare riferimento alla cella dove sono scritti i nomi ma non funziona, mi tratta la formula come testo! Esempio: ='D\Directory\[nomefile.xls]Foglio1'!$A$1 io voglio che il nomefile venga preso da una cella: ='D\Directory\[B2]Foglio1'!$A$1 Ciao e grazie, Davide Ciao Davide, Spero che capisca =INDIRECT(&...

spellcheck takes 10 minutes on users 1 page outlook e-mail.
we did try rebooting and delete OST and SRS files. rebuild profile...? please advise. thanks I'm not surprised the ost and srs files didn't affect it - I wouldn't expect either to make adifference. I'd start with office diagnostics or do a repair install of Office. Maybe rename the custom.dic. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook ...

how can I open .bmf files in Publisher 2003?
I used to be able to download files from corel gallery in old Publisher. Publisher 2003 will no longer open the .bmf files. Are you sure you could before? Which version did you have prior to 2003? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "guybc" <guybc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1CB790E-3686-451C-ADD6-0FB9A3E0BB33@microsoft.com... >I used to be able to download files from corel gallery in old Publisher. > Publisher 2003 will no longer open the .bmf files. www.xnview.com will open .bmf images. Free program, maybe a copy/paste. -- Mary...

Error on Page
I cannot seem to access any station on live365.com. No matter which station I choose, I get "error on page." Any ideas? Well, for starters, you might want to try a different forum. This one is for Microsoft Dynamics GP (great plains). Good luck, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com ...

Can I get a publisher file into word?
A friend did a flyer for me in publisher. I only have word 2003 is there any way for me to view this in word. We are a new small business and I may need publisher to do flyers, is there a way to get publisler online? Microsoft has a Publisher trial download. It would be much less expensive to buy it from another vender. Your friend can save the flyer as a PDF, there are free converters around. The friend can try to copy/paste to Word. You will lose the formatting for the most part. A lot depends on the complexity of the flyer. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http:/...

FRx enchace page set up tab to include paper size
The page option tab in FRx should include an option to choose the paper size, letter or legal, which would make FRx similiar to excel or word where you can choose the paper size. The problem is that when I chain both letter and legal size formatted reports, all the reports will be printed in either letter or legal depending on the paper size that was chosen in the printer setup window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message p...

Excel 2002 opens fine but Excel 2003 "File error: data may have been lost."
I have a spread sheet that's about 10MB large. I try converting it to a .XML spreadsheet from a computer running Excel 2002, but during the conversion it crashes. Any suggestions? ...

All of my posts got deleted
Hi All....... Really strange thing.......I got up this morning and noticed that ALL of my posts have been deleted from this newsgroup. There were well over a hundred in the last few months and now they are all missing. The other Newsgroups seem fine. Only on this one are they missing. Anybody know anything other than "they have been having trouble"? Is this a permanent situation? Is anybody else missing posts? Hopefully, they will be restored, huh? Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 Something is wrong here today. Using OE, all day I have been at the most 23 hours behind t...

XML data into MDB file
Hi all I am a newbie in xml. I have a requirement where I have a predefined XML files and I want to add the data in these file to into Access mdb through my application The xml structure is fixed and I hav eto implement a button which on click submit the data to the mdb file without any further intervention from user. My problems are :: 1) Since xml file structure is fixed but it can have multiple nested elements in different files, the database in MDB should be relational. I dont know how I can achieve this. How will I maintain multiple tables in the target database?? for example :: on...

File locations
Hello all - I was curious as to where I can find the out-of-the-box form files that are displayed to CRM users so that I may customize them using VB Studio. I have found the IIS location, but it seems that the .aspx files are sparse and not exactly what I am looking for. My ultimate goal will be to alter the behavior of the preview window. What would be the generally accepted approach to accomplish my goal? Points to other newsgroup posts would be just fine if they tackle this subject. Thank you, Steve Hi Steve, STOP there! First I just want to warn you that changing is CRM's ...

How to Play audio file through VC++ application... #2
Hi i want to play audio file in VC++ with the follow file properties... -Bit Rate 20 kbps -Channels 1 (Mono) -Audio Sample Rate 11 KHz -Audio Format MPEGLayer-3 Could any body please help me by some hints... Thanks Mujtaba Mp3 is a difficult one, as its a prop format and you would have to access the WMP Core or have some other core-technology access its functionality. However, if you can convert them to WAV though, PlaySound API is exactly what you are looking for. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/multimed/htm/_win32_playsound.asp Ensure you utilise ...

Opening Files with the Same Name
Hello. I have users who, when they had Office 2000, were able to open files that had the same name. (The files were in different directories, of course). Now, with Office 2002, they cannot open the files. Is there any way around this, or do they have to rename each file? Example: A file name of FINANCIAL SUMMARY is in each directory. The Directories are named 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003. Thank you! -- MB Think they might be mistaken about what they 'remember'. Different directories or not, that was only possible if you launched more than one instance of Excel, and that hasn&...

Import Excel Cells in File, Merge to Single Table Record
I have a folder with 'X' number of Excel files. In each Excel file there is data in several cells scattered in different places (i.e. a1, d3, f7). I want to import the data in each Excel file and append cell data into a single Access table record for each file. Anyone? Thank you much in advance, Todd ...

How are you creating reports on file (viewable)?
I would like to know from whoever is creating reports on file (viewable) what methods they are using? Presently I am either writing plain reports to text files or when formatting and shapes such as rectangles are required, I am using RTF files. RTF files are cumbersome to work with and very time consuming. I am looking for alternatives that do not require 3rd party software. Thanks, Charles. "Charles C." <binstar@aei.ca> wrote in message news:Ow1ylxlHEHA.2720@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I would like to know from whoever is creating reports on file (viewable) > what ...

Would like Multi-Page Publication to Output as Single Pages and Ba
Hello All, I am just starting on MS Publisher. I am trying to find out if Publisher can do the following, and how: 1. Need to take a multi-page MS Word Doc(page size = 7"W x 11"H) and "place" those pages on a 24" W x 11 Publisher doc. This Publisher doc will be sent to the printer for mailer. 2. That same Publisher doc with the embedded text will then need to be printed as separate pages and outputed as a web page displaying as separate pages. For Task One I am getting pretty good at creating a Master Page with text boxes as placeholders for the Inserted...