how do I achieve my xl spread sheet in Alphabetical order

how do I structure my spread sheet to decend Alphabetical.

Select all cells in all columns that are related and use Data Sort, then
identify the column you want to sort by and choose the Descending option,
click OK.

"Generous" wrote:

> how do I structure my spread sheet to decend Alphabetical.

How use Property sheet from a DLL library?
Hi, All, I want to create a common extension DLL library that only includes one property Sheet with more than one property pages. this DLL also includes a invoke API that can be called by Win32 application. my problem is that I can't Add property pages to property sheet and error message shows Resource was unvailable inside invoke API. below is some sample code: In MyProp.dll includes these: 1) void InvokeApi(HWND Hwnd, HINSTANCE hLib, ...); 2) class CPage1: public CPropertyPage{ ...} 3) class CPage2: public CPropertyPage{ ...} 4) class CMySheet: public CPropertySheet{ ...} here is I...

Can't print and the chart is missing in a new sheet
Here's my problem: I bought my laptop which came with Vista Home and with Office 2007 60 days-trial version. I installed Acrobat Pro and updated to the version 8.0. The Acrobat buttons in the Office applications never worked, so I created my PDFs printing with the "Acrobat PDF Converter" printer. Everything worked fine until November when the Office trial period expired. I started working with OpenOffice without problems (by the way, the Acrobat buttons in OpenOffice did work). Three months later I get sick of OpenOffice and I bought the Office 2007 license. I entered the...

Adding sheets #2
HI, I have a file I got from a friend which has 2 worksheets in it. I want to add a sheet or make a copy of one of the sheets, but all those options are disabled. Is there a way I can undo whatever has been done on this file to add a sheet? Thanks Ramesh Ramesh, Check that the workbook isn't protected. You don't want it protected. Tools - Protection - Unprotect Workbook. If you see Protect Workbook, it's not protected. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "Ramesh" <ramborums@@yahoodotcom> wrote in message news:ubVcPxmjFHA.3348@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl......

Error message with copying sheet to another workbook
I always encounter an error message when i copy a sheet from one workbook to another workbook. The error message is as below: ================ A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name '____123graph_A', which already exists on the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of the name? - to use the name as defined in the destination sheet, click Yes - to rename the range referred to the formula or worksheet, click No, and enter a new name in the Name Conflict dialog box. ================ I have tried to click No and enter a new Name, but afterward...

Excel---Copying text from one cell a a sheet to another cell on a
I know this will sound stupid but, I cannot get TEXT that I type in one cell on sheet 1 to show up in a cell on sheet 15. Aby help?? If the cell on the 1st sheet is A1, in the cell on Sheet15, you put the formula =Sheet1!A1 On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:33:01 -0700, "Reeezzzy" <Reeezzzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know this will sound stupid but, I cannot get TEXT that I type in one cell >on sheet 1 to show up in a cell on sheet 15. Aby help?? ...

Achieving HA -- clustering+SAN or distributed ?
Hi all, I was wondering what your opinion is in providing High Availability for Exchange 2003, if site resilency can be assumed (e.g. geo-cluster / replication not required)? Say if the requirement is not to have 500 users (out of several thousand users) down at any given time, Is it better to: 1. go the clustering+SAN route, where the clustering provide HA at server level and our SAN provides redundancy from HBA and out (e.g. redudant HBA, FC switches, SAN controllers, RAID, etc); or 2. go with a distributed model so to minimize impact of a failure? Thanks in advance, itrcb4 On ...

Chart sheet causing error
Hi all, I'm having a problem at the last line of this code: For Each ws In Workbooks(sFile).Sheets If ... Then cboSheet.AddItem ws.Name End If Next The problem occurs when I step into a chart sheet, which results in a type mismatch error. Why does that happen how do you handle that? Gustaf You probably have ws defined as a variable of type worksheet. Either change it to Object, or outsort the charts n the code. HTH Bob "Gustaf" <gustafl@algonet.se> wrote in message news:ulMjdDCmKHA.1536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi all, &g...

changing sheet size
We have a worksheet that is maxed out to 65536 rows & also lots & lots of columns. No need for that we could use 1000 rows & 20 columns. How can we do this? TIA -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "mmap hq" <mmaphq@netzero.net> wrote in message news:uHwBsMl$JHA.1336@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > We have a worksheet that is maxed out to 65536 rows & also lots & lots of > columns. No need for that we could use 1000 rows & 20 columns. How can we > do this? TIA > If you look...

On order but not open POs
On GP version 8: I have an inventory item that lists an On Order amount but there are no open purchase orders for this item. All purchase order amounts have been received and invoiced and closed purchase orders have been moved to history. Is there a way to determine why Great Plains thinks there is an On Order amount? Is there a way to zero out the On Order amount? Thanks, M. E. Houston Hi, did you try to Reconcile the Item? Tools-Utilities-Inventory-Reconcile -- Frederik Gagnon Analyst Programmer Dexterity Engineer "M. E. Houston" wrote: > On GP version 8: > &...

Financial Calculation across sheets
Need some help with a formula. Sheet1; A1=$2200 A2=$150.00 A3= $1800 A4=SUM(A1:A3) answer is $4150 Sheet2; A1=1029514 A2=2663427 A3=(A1/A2) answer is rounded two two decimal places (.39) Sheet3; A1=SUM(Sheet1!A4/(1-(Sheet2!A3+.1))) answer comes out $8082.38 Equation should calculate $8137.25 =4150/(1-(.39+.1) How do I get this to calculate. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Hi Dave: The problem is the .39 You have adjusted the display to present .39, but the value Excel is using is 0.386537345 In Sheet2,A3 use =ROUND(A1/A2,2) -- Gary's Student "Dave Keister"...

Excel sheet is missing in application
Hi I am not able to open my excel sheet by doubleclicking on it. The excel sheet is missing from the excel application (leaves a gaping hole in the center) with only the menu bar visible. But am able to do the same by running a instance first (from RUN) and then opening it from there. Any way out? Dey Are you sure it's not opening? Maybe it's just off the screen. Try clicking on Window on the toolbar. Do you see your workbook name at the bottom of the list? If yes, try Window|Arrange|Tiled and then resize by hand (and then save it). If it's not really there, do you get...

Share sheet automatic on the internet.
Hello, I've got this spreadsheet where in I want one of the worksheets to be visible on the internet. This particular sheet is a sheet that shows the previous sheets making use of the camera tool in Excel. Is there a way to make Excel save and publish this sheet every time it is updated? Can Excel do this by FTP? There is no need to make it interactive. I have a server where I can make a special user and a password for this job. Could this be done with a macro? Thanks!! I think there is an option AutoRepublish every time this workbook is saved. you need chekc this option. On Oct 22, ...

Question about auto fills or linking sheets
Hello all. I am very new to excel and want to know if this is possible. I want to enter a name into box I6 and have it automatically fill in box B6, C6,D6 AND K6 on sheet 1, when I hit enter or toggle one of the arrow keys to another box.. I have about 200 or so different items that can go into row I. Sheet 2 has all the serial numbers and stock numbers etc. Row B,C,D and K are names of the items in the inventory, basically a combination of numbers and names with no math involved. Just serial numbers and stock numbers, that sort of thing. What I need is to be able to enter the common na...

Mail a singel sheet i an xls file.
How can i mail only one sheet in Excel 2000. Kirsten Hi Kirsten, > How can i mail only one sheet in Excel 2000. See Ron de bruin's SendMail page at: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm --- Regards, Norman "Kirsten" <Kirsten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:793C9B36-31A3-4A1D-9233-A57E69F8DD82@microsoft.com... > How can i mail only one sheet in Excel 2000. > > Kirsten ...

HELP! sum value to be displayed in sheet 2 when data is in sheet 1
How do I do this? any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =SUM(Sheet1!A1:A100) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "Muppet >" <<Muppet.18bcuz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Muppet.18bcuz@excelforum-nospam.com... > How do I do this? any ideas? > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > =SUM(Sheet1!$A:$A) as an example for sum of Column A in Sheet1 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Mail Merge has extra sheets
I have a mail merge document that uses an Excel Spreadsheet for the merge fields.Everything was fine until I removed some of the records in the spread sheet (made them blank cells). In the beginning of the year, I only have one record to merge (why merge?). However I add a record every few days. Now, with only one record, If I preview, the record is there plus 4 form letters with no data in the merge fields. How do I reduce the number of merge records to the number of records in the spreadsheet? I know I can do "CUSTOM" in the merge, but then I would have to do them one at a ...

How to creat 2 half sheets with identical margins
Hello! I'm trying to create an 8 1/2 x 11 document that contains 2 identical half sheets of content. I need to cut the full size sheet in half and then 3-hole punch my half sheets, and because of this I need both left-hand margins on the the half-sheets to be larger than my other margins. This seems impossible to do in both the "book fold" and the "2 pages per sheet" settings. Is there a way to make this work? When I try to change margins manually by dragging the margin rulers, they simply bounce back to where they were. Help! I hadn't r...

Sorting a Work sheet
Hi there, i have an example sheet here: www.dj-jammy.com/test.xls im want to be able to sort the countries on the left, by who has the highest figures for that month, at the top ,and the lowest at the bottom, but, i want to be able to select which month i want to find out for by a drop down menu; e.g., i select march from my drop down menu, and it sorts the sheet, with canada at the top, and uk at the bottom (and obviously the appropriate ones in between), but, if i then select may from my drop down box, it places poland at the top, and usa at the bottom. How would i do this - im not a pr...

"Per Sheet" options in Excel
I hope this is an easy one - I have 1 sheet that needs to use colons (:) instead of periods (.) for the decimal separator. But if I change it in the options, all my sheets are changed. Can I set options for just 1 sheet? Hi this is (AFAIK) a windows setting (regional settings) and is applied for all worksheets (and all other applications). So IMHO you can't do this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Brian wrote: > I hope this is an easy one - I have 1 sheet that needs to use colons > (:) instead of periods (.) for the decimal separator. But if I change > it in the opt...

Outlook Filters- Order?
Can someone help me with some info onthe use of outlook's filters. In particular I would like to know if various filters can be set in a order of when they operate?. Or is it that all filters just work together with no precedence ? Also could you tell me if I can get at individual filters or are they all inside *.pst files? David You mean Wizard Rules? (or Rules and Alerts in Outlook 2003) They fire in order from top to bottom. I don't know what you mean by your last question. Could you specify? don't forget to mention your version either. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]...

Create an order for multiple accounts
My issue: I am inporting a large database with accounts and contacts (approx. 13000 records) For the specific company I am doing this for, there is a history in the orders for a number of accounts (approx. 500 orders for 3 products). I want to create these orders in the CRM for this history, but cannot find out how to create these orders. Logically, I wanted to create 1 order and assign it to multiple accounts, but that does'nt seem to be possible. How can I best solve this? Logically I don't prefer to manually create each of 500 orders. Paul, by default on order is as you menti...

Order Entry and Leadtimes
We are having a lot of problems lately with our Customer Service Department entering orders at the appropriate lead-time. We have a lot of products with various lead times so the problem is understandable to a certain extent, but as you can imagine, this problem puts a strain on our procurement group and frustrates customers when we fail to meet commitments. Can something be done in Dynamics to prevent people from entering sales orders in the system inside the lead-time that is set-up for that item? What about a broader lead-time restriction? -- Eric Powers I think the only way to ...

How to change how a document (order, invoice) is printed?
Hi, i was wondering, how do we tell GP WHAT information to print on a sale order or invoice etc? I mean when i print a sale order or invoice there is always too much information written for each article, i want to have only ONE LINE of information for each article and not 2... how do i do it? Thank you! William! You would need to use Report Writer to modify the report. Print the order or invoice to screen and click the Modify button. This action will put you into Report Writer. You will need to set security to the modified report after you are done. To set security, launch Advan...

Graph links to copied sheet
Hi I have noticed a difference between Office 2003 and 2007. In 2007 when you copy a sheet with graphs in it, the new sheet keeps the links to the table in the original sheet not the copied one. So when you input new values on the new table the graph does not show them, but the old ones. Does anyone know how to change settings so the new graph has the links to the new table/sheet? Many thanks PS Also, anyone knows how to eliminate some sections of the ribbons? Miguel - I think this discrepancy existed in early versions of 2007, but in SP2, and I think SP1, a chart on a copied shee...

Using forms to enter Data into an Expense Sheet.
We have a corporate expense sheet. 7 columns of data for a week and 20 rows of items requireing data input. I want to create a form that would allow me to enter data say for Monday in item "Lunch" with subcolumn for "Taxes" I haven't worked with forms and would like to know how. -- RayJ I'm not really sure whether a form is what you want... If it is, you need to create a User Form in Visual Basic editor, with list-boxes for days of the week and expense items, text boxes for cost and tax perhaps and Ok and Cancel buttons. This is very much like using a draw...