How can you show the new items in a refreshed document?

When refreshing a spreadsheet that is pulling information from a different
database, is there a way to highlight the new lines?

Document access denied, user does not have access privileges
I'm using Word 2003, XP Media Center Ed. I saved my file, opened and closed it a number of times, each time saving as usual. After completing the document, I saved again and now can't open it, getting this message: Word cannot open the document--user does not have access privileges. Another document I was working on at the same time still opens perfectly. I've been through all the steps to recover mentioned on the MS website to no avail. Can anyone help? -- Beryl Remember, YHWH God is always blessing you. Receive it. Pass it on. ...

Can Excel automaticly help me
I have following problem. I have created my own worksheet. I use it for controlling work progress and deadlines on different projects. My question is: can i program Excel to automaticly give me a notice when the date for an deadline approces. Kim, There is more than 1 way but a solution most favoured is to change the colour of a cell using conditional formating as the date in that cell approaches. Try this:- Select the cell with your due date in (A1 in this case) and then Format|Conditional format Select formula is and paste this in =TODAY()-A1<=5 Select a colour (say red) and cli...

Can I automatically enter the current date or current time into a
Hello everyone and thanks again to the kind people who, for some reason, take the time to help me through this website. As indicated in my subject line, it seems to me that there should be an easy way to do this. Thank you- Ben Hi Ben Your subject line was truncated. I am assuming you wanted date? =today() will give you the current date. HTH "Ben" wrote: > Hello everyone and thanks again to the kind people who, for some reason, take > the time to help me through this website. > As indicated in my subject line, it seems to me that there should be an easy > way to do...

created new list, disabled default columns, can't modify
Hi, I created a new list using the tasks template. I've created my own columns and disabled the default ones. Just found out that doing this, I cannot modify anything. Normally, when going into a list, you can click on the default column (title I think) to modify or to get into the information that's there for modifications but because I am only using customized columns, I can't modify anything even though I have full control so it's not a permission issue. Normally what I do is to rename the default "title" list to something else I use and people are...

Managed Default Folder for Calendar Items
Does the rules in a managed default folder work for calendar items which are not sent (example a meeting request with no recipients)? ...

Stop Win Explorer from opening My Documents?
Can I stop Windows Explorer from opening My Documents everytime I launch it? Better yet, can I make it open the C drive instead? TIA LAS In news:OwsaAJmgKHA.1648@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote: > Can I stop Windows Explorer from opening My Documents everytime I > launch it? > > Better yet, can I make it open the C drive instead? Explorer command line options: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314853 -- Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@iphouse.com Create a desktop shortcut to the C drive. "Laurel"...

New messages not visible
Hi all, I have a strange problem this morning. I have just set up maybe our 10th user with Outlook 2007 (on Windows XP.) She has a unique problem in that when new messages arrives, it dings and shows an icon in the system tray all correctly, but new messages won't display in the Inbox unless she clicks another folder and goes back to the Inbox. I found one post that suggested disabling a Google Desktop add-in, but she doesn't appear to have that add-in installed. Any ideas? The only difference between her and other users that I can come up with is that she has Office 2007 Profess...

OWA Not show messages
Users messages and folders can display in OWA but when a user clicks on the message to read it they got an Internal 500 error. I am using Exchange 2000 SP3 on a Windows 2000 SP4 Box. Any ideas on what cause this? Thanks ...

Rules and moving items
I'm using Outlook 2002 and have several email accounts. I have setup a rule to move a copy of items I send through a specific account to a different folder. It works except that it leaves a copy in Sent Items. Is there are way to get it to actually move the item instead of just copying it or to setup an additional rule to go back and delete it from Sent Items as I don't want two copies hanging around? Thanks. Tony <TPR990003@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there are way to get it to actually move the item instead of just > copying it or to setup an additional rule to go...

Can a form's query use dbSeeChanges to get new autoincremented key?
When a form was bound to a jet table I could get the new autoincrement pkey value in the before insert event. Is there a way to do with with a slq server 2005 odbc linked tables? Something like the dbSeeChanges param that one can use with recordset inserts? No, you can't because of the case of an ODBC linked table to a SQL-Server, the new autoincremented value will be defined only after the creation of the new record. Access/JET seeds the new value before creating the record - so you can access it even if the record doesn't exist yet in the table - but SQL-Server doesn't w...

New Window format
What a nightmare! My company does not have an employee for each work screen. We all wear multiple work hats here. If you open enough screens to do your routing, everyday, multiple jobs - the system basically just stops working. You have to log out of each and every one of the routing, everyday, multiple job work screens - select only one, and then it is possible to print. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" bu...

Matrix Items in Assemblies
I run a bowling pro shop. I want to put assemblies together such as Ball, Bag and Shoes. The Balls and Shoes are setup as a Matrix because of the different weights and sizes. When I try to create an Assembly and select the Matrix Item, it wants me to select from with in the list. There will be on my website so I want customer to go into the Assembly part number and select the weight and size. How can this be done? Bill You can't do this in RMS. Assembly items are built using the same data tables as Matrix Items. Basically, there is an ItemClass that represents the Assembly o...

Retain Ownership of Document
When someone edits the document and resaves it the ownership changes to the editor. I need the original owner of a document to still show as the owner after others have edited the document. ...

Can EXCEL list amounts that, when added, total to a specific value? How?
My task is to generate a list of all "6 value combinations" that total a collection of specific sums. Simple Example: All "2 value combinations" that, when added, =13 List: D701:D709, filled with 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 Solutions: 4&9, 5&8, 6&7 ( 9&4, 8&5, 7&6 would be considered duplicates for my task but I can deal with this manually if they can't be "programmed out" ). This would take care of one specific sum. Summary: If I have 10 specific sums for which to perform this, and must ...

E2K3: How can I modify folder permissions via script
Hello NG, how can I modify folder permissions of an Exchange2003 mailbox with windows Scripting Host or VB6 or whatever? I need such kind of script to add delegation for OWA 2003. I found an MS article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;295558 Does anybody know, if I can use this for Exchange2003? Thanks Petra ...

Anybody ever set treeview item's state to TVIS_CUT?
// clear cut state TreeView_SetItemState( hwnd, hItemCut, 0, TVIS_CUT ) ; // set cut state TreeView_SetItemState( hwnd, hItemCut, TVIS_CUT,TVIS_CUT ) ; When I cutted the item,its icon changed to dark.I hope it changes to a little vague,just like windows explorer.I can change item's icon by myself without setting TVIS_CUT state,but does it mean TVIS_CUT is useless if I do that? Also I tried to use overlay image to get the effect but failed. Are there anyone who ever set treeview item's state to TVIS_CUT?What's effect do you get? wei....@gmail.com 寫道・3校 > When I...

Suddenly can't access my Money file
Suddenly, my Money file won't open. Tells me my password is wrong, but I know it isn't (tried all the usual checks re case, etc.). Any clues why this might be? Problem was concurrent with my installing Bit Defender antivirus program, which slowed down machine considerably (more memory on order...). Thanks in advance. <carolannedwyer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2b16d09b-9ff7-42b0-b6c3-b87e28080c95@l37g2000vba.googlegroups.com... > Suddenly, my Money file won't open. Tells me my password is wrong, but > I know it isn't (tried all the usual checks re case, e...

Can a workbook be prevented from being copied?
If I sell a workbook to someone, can it be protected so that they are the only one capable of using it on one computer, and not be able to pass it on to their friends or other users? In short no. Copying a workbook is just copying a file and that is controlled by the operating system. The XL file has no say in whether it gets copied or not. There is no foolproof way to restrict an XL file. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Nest Egg George" wrote: > If I sell a workbook to someone, can it be protected so that they are the > only one capable of using it on o...

dates of time items on invoice
i am switching from quickbooks to money 2005 small business 1) is there a way to include the date on the time item line item? my clients need to know what date the service that is described on the invoice was provided. the date is in the file, how can i print it on the invoice? 2) is there a way to record which employee provided the service? 3) i need to email the invoice to my clients. is there a way to send the invoice with a little bit of formatting? or dies it have to be a txt file. in quickbooks (which i am switching from), i can send it as a pdf. what are my options in money? thanks...

message rule for outgoing messages (sent items)
How can I set a message rule for all outgoing messages to be auto-copied to another folder? In other words, how can I have all messages in my "sent items" folder automatically copied (as they are entered) to another folder? I have MS Outlook Express 6. ...

Calculating shift patterns (Sorry can't be more specific)
I really hope that someone can help me. I'm at the end of my wits tryin to work this one out. I have a time sheet M T W T F S S (ETC for 3 months) PERSON A E E L M E O O PERSON B O O L M M E E E Shifts M Shifts L shifts O (Off) I want a formula that could help calculate how many people are on certain shift on each day. So, E shifts for M = 3, for instance, so that each time I add a shif it automatically calculates the number at the bottom. Also and I know this is cheeky...but does anyone know how I can tall how many L shifts someone does in month etc. To keep an automa...

Item Search Error
Hi I'm running MS POS, when I type / scan an item in the serch box provided at the top, it keeps searching by Customer name and returns " the customer was not found". I really want it to search by Item #. Is there something I am doing wrong or is it a bug in the system? Thanks In MS POS (not RMS) a scan and a search will behave a bit differently. If your scanner isn't setup properly you could get some mixed results. First, about scanners... Your scanner needs to be configured as a device for the register. Unlike RMS even a keyboard wedge device needs to be setu...

Promoting emails from Sent Items
Hi can somebody please help me. can you promote emails from your sent items folder into CRM? Is there a workaround to this because I get an error saying and error occured while tring to promote email Can'd be done in the current version. Will be able to do this in CRM 3.0 in a few months. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Kuvenp" wrote: > Hi can somebody please help me. > can you promote emails from your sent items folder into CRM? Is there a > workaround to this because I get an error saying and error occured while > tring to promote email ...

Our new website
This website is for artist, freelancers, programmers, writers, translators. All who is looking for work. If you are a skilled professional use page "Add profile" to create your profile. Also this website is for those who is looking for skilled professional. If you are looking for a professional use page "Projects" to post a project. www.ewho.us ...

New Access User Help
I have been using Excel to create reports for over a year now, and my information and reporting is getting too big. I am going to start to need to use Access. I have never used it before. So I am litterarly starting from scratch. Does anyone have any websites that has some good training for someone who does not know much about Access and can walk someone through how it works and creating reports. I am also hoping that I can import some of my excel work over to access. Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated. There are lots of great online ressources! Take ...