how can I use conditional formatting with formula and 3 poss resul

Want to test 5 calculated results against a static target. If result greater
than target, color cell green. If result = target, color cell yellow. If
result less than target, color cell red. Results are presented in a column
with the target number in a cell 2 rows above headers in the same column.

Just the way you specified. Your conditions would be something like:
=a2>a1 [color green]
=a2=a1 [color yellow]
=a2<a1 [color red]

If you need more help, post back with the version of Excel you are using, as
the instructions differ.

Regard,
Fred

"CBS" <CBS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Want to test 5 calculated results against a static target. If result
> greater
> than target, color cell green. If result = target, color cell yellow. If
> result less than target, color cell red. Results are presented in a column
> with the target number in a cell 2 rows above headers in the same column.

0
Fred

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

New to excel

conditional formatting sort

Count If Formula #4

Using Relative path for XML data file?

learning Excel #3

Setting a dynamic range in a formula

Formula for Game Spreadsheet
I am currenly playing a game of Ars Magica. I am using a spreadsheet to compute the info for my character. I am having a probllem with the casting total for spells related to a paticular character. The Formula is as follows : =IF(H13="","--",IF(J13="",INDIRECT(H13),MIN(INDIRECT(H13),INDIRECT(LEFT(J13,2)),INDIRECT(RIGHT(J13,2))))+IF(K13="",INDIRECT(I13),MIN(INDIRECT(I13),INDIRECT(LEFT(K13,2)),INDIRECT(RIGHT(K13,2))))+Sta+IF(N13="",0,$H$2)) I am trying to compute the casting total for the spells castable by this character. The total for the ...

Emails #3

using the journal on outlook

Converting Formula into Numbers?
With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same number)? -- Emp-Designer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Emp-Designer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37564 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=571948 Emp-Designer a �crit : > With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into > straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same &...

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

formula or VBA
I need to search through a column checking condtions. If the conditions are met, then I want to enter the corresponding value in the column next to it into a different cell. Basically, I want to search column A and, if the conditions are met, put the value in B into C. Would this be easier via formula or code? And maybe some starting suggestions would be nice if you don't mind. -- Thanks, Jim in a formula in col b =if(cond,a1,"") using vba for each c in range("a1:a100") if cond then c.offset(0,1)=c next -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "...

number format with leading 0

Formula for cross tab data filling

How can I create Schedule Chart?
I have simply an activity list which shows START and FINISH date of related activity. I need to put this information into a Chart, so that i will get a bar chart highligting the line between the START and FINISH date of the activity. It is very similar to what we can create in Microsoft Project. Do you know a specific chart type for this? It's called a Gantt chart: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA010346051033.aspx http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html http://www.mrexcel.com/tip058.shtml -- David Biddulph "mezzanine1974" <savas_karaduman@yahoo.com>...

how to create a multiple conditional formula
I am trying the find a solution for the following multiple formula (example); IF(A1="K"; B1+(B1*C10);B1) AND IF(A1="N";B1+(B1*C11);B1). So actually two expressions in one formula. I can't find a good solution. Is there anybody who can help me? Thank you in advance. Ad Buijs =B1+B1*IF(A1="K",C10,if(A1="N",C11,0)) "Ad Buijs" wrote: > I am trying the find a solution for the following multiple formula (example); > IF(A1="K"; B1+(B1*C10);B1) AND IF(A1="N";B1+(B1*C11);B1). So actually two > expressions ...