formula help 02-10-10

Hi-

Issue:

Would like to accomplish:

How do I add number 2 infront of the above ISSUE numbers as I have thousands
of line to do.

Soth

If your number is in column A then in column B type
=2 & A1
and copy it down.

--
-John http://www.jmbundy.blogspot.com/
is helpful.

"Soth" wrote:
> How do I add number 2 infront of the above ISSUE
> numbers as I have thousands of line to do.

If the original data are truly numbers, not text, and all of them are 3
digits as in your example, you can do the following....

Put 2000 into an unused cell, and copy it (ctrl+C).

Then select the range of original numbers.  If they are contiguous, you can
enter the range in the Name Box.  Then do a special-paste-add, for example by
right-clicking the selected range.  When done, you can delete the cell with
2000.

If that procedure does not work for you, my assumptions about your data are
probably wrong.   Please explain the situation more completely.

> How do I add number 2 infront of the above ISSUE numbers as I have thousands
> of line to do.
>
> Soth

You saved my day.  Thank you.

Soth

"John Bundy" wrote:

> If your number is in column A then in column B type
> =2 & A1
> and copy it down.
>
> --
> -John http://www.jmbundy.blogspot.com/
> Please rate when your question is answered to help us and others know what
> is helpful.
>

> "Soth" wrote:
>
> > Hi-
> >
> > Issue:
> > 211
> > 310
> > 410
> > 569
> >
> > Would like to accomplish:
> > 2211
> > 2310
> > 2410
> > 2569
> >
> > How do I add number 2 infront of the above ISSUE numbers as I have thousands
> > of line to do.
> >
> > Soth

Hi,
In an adjacent column enter

=2&a1

John Bundy wrote:
> If your number is in column A then in column B type
> =2 & A1
> and copy it down.

To keep the result as a number instead of text:

=--(2&A1)
0
Glenn

Need help to read Pie Chart Series Range
Excel 2003, I have an existing Pie Chart and want to extract the Ranges (cells) used. My code below returns with a "Type mismatch" error. Sub GetPieChartSeries() Dim mySeries As Series ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Activate Set mySeries = ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1) Debug.Print mySeries.XValues (errors here) Debug.Print mySeries.Values End Sub Thanks, - Pat ...

need Help for Migration Exchange 5.5
Hello NG, we`ve the following Configuration : - Exchange 5.5 with SP4 - single Winwos 2000 DC - configured both side ADC a new Hardware should be used for an Exchange 2003 and second DC. next steps i would do as following : - Update ADC Version with Exchange 2003 ADC - running Exchange 2003 forestprep, then domainprep, an after all running setup to install Exchange 2003 in the same organization, site - replicate system Folders and public Folders - moving all Mailboxes to the Exchange 2003 Store - configure the Exchange 2003 virtual SMTP Server to send outgoing Mail - reconfigure the F...

date problem #10
Thanks a lot, Dave This piece of code works great. M P Redd -- mpredd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mpreddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1327 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26358 ...

Word Doc Macro help needed please!
I need to make a mocro that will work in a word doc. This macro would start with [000001] and count up one number each paragraph. For example paragraph two would auto show [000002] and so on. Any help would be GREAT! I have a word file which contains 100 pages. All the pages have name & address of companies.(not in table) i have to transfer them to excel in column format(for example first name, last name, address, phone etc) can any one tell me code for this( i know how to open word & creat new excel sheet) . I need code for how to reach to lines of word. r there any thing like &quo...

Printing changes layout
I am printing a booklet on Pub 2002 - when I print one page, it prints a page where everything has changed - resized, cut off the edges, etc. The worst part - when done printing, it goes back to normal view and it actually changes my layout to match what is printed - permanently. Any ideas what is going on? I printed on both my Lexmark and HP printers, does the same thing. I have Windows XP. Help! Thanks! Look at your page layout, has it changed? I know this will happen to me occasionally when I change printers. If I change back to the original printer the publication will revert...

Help With Sorting #3
Gudday to all XL gurus. I need some help on using the SORT function. I have a list of 100 competitors in a scoring spreadsheet that I hav written. I was trying to sort by surname (a-z). The problem is that this list i generated elsewhere and contains VLOOKUP functions. Obviously if i hav less than 100 competitors I end up with some cells appear blank bu contain VLOOKUP functions. XL sorts them first and I want them sorte last after the surnames (a-z). I cant add a helper column as this lis relates to over 48,000 forumulaes and functions that are already added If I add a helper column I have...

Need help converting Microsoft Outlook calendar to Entourage.... At wits' end here! Please advise...
I have a Mac at work which runs Microsoft Outlook 2001 client on an Exchange server. I have a calendar on this machine (stored locally, not on the server) which has a ton of reminders programmed into it - very useful! Now, at home I got a new Mac laptop with Entourage X. Is there any way to move all of the reminders (appointments) from my calendar on Outlook to my Entourage calendar? I've tried two things: 1) I exported the calendar info as a CSV text file, and then tried importing it in Entourage. The problem is that Entourage import function seems to think it's importing an Address...

Windows Media Player no picture 08-03-10
Vista windows Media Player 11 has sound and visualization but no picture on some AVI files. One file that does not respond is Fill Handle.exe. AVI which is a tutorial for Windows Office 2007. ...

help with lookup formula (sheet 2, not a double post)
I need to make a formula using a lookup. The first spreadsheet is a inventory (ALO INVENTORY JP). The second (P&G 103) is a chart tha tells number of gallons of alcohol per foot/inch/fraction. On ALO INVENTORY JP I insert the # of feet, inches, and the fraction i cells R5 and T5. I want these numbers to lookup the number of gallon off of the P&G 103 worksheet. For example: P&G 103 (on inventory sheet) is 26ft 4 1/2 inches, i should look-up to be 34572 gal. for the 26'4" and 55 gal. for the 1/2" These two numbers should be added together and multiplied by the numbe ...

Help!! Way to find users sending email to large amount of receipients.
Could some one tell me if there is a way in Exchange 2003 to find out what users are sending email to a large amount of recipients? I'm having some serious performance issues and I'm sure it's some one sending email to a large amount of recipients. Thanks, Will ...

Help #15
I have a problem. I have a list of numbers that are in one column. Alot of numbers 8000 or so, and I need to find if there are an duplicates. I sort them so that they are in order, but having t scroll through the whole list takes alot of time and hurts my eyes!! I tried advanced filter but I can only find how to find duplicates in different columns. Someone help me please! ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step...

Formula to process 3 cells using IF statements
I have 3 columns of experimental data (C:E). Row 30 contains the sums (C30:E30). I need a formula that will examine the three sums and return the column number that has the lowest sum. If more than one column is lowest, select one randomly. Example: C30 D30 E30 Result 10 11 12 1 (C) 22 20 21 2 (D) 32 31 30 3 (E) 40 41 40 Randomly select 1 or 3 51 50 50 Randomly select 2 or 3 60 60 60 Randonly select 1, 2, or 3 Can this be done with IF statements or do I need to write a macro? Well, this is a bit cumbersome, but it se...

Help with displaying the contents of the last populate cell.
I have numerous sheets within a book where all cells in column C in all sheets have the following formula “=IF(ISBLANK(P4),"",(R3-P4))”. For you reference both columns P and R hold a monetary value and are formatted as Currency. Is there a way that cell D1 can automatically be populated with the contents of the last cell in column C that has a value in it. E.G. Sheet 1, cell C19 has a value of 200, therefore cell D1 should be 200. Sheet 2, cell C25 has a value of 250, therefore cell D1 should be 250. Sheet 3, cell C99 has a value of 900, therefore cell D1 should be 900. Any h...

CRM Licensing 02-21-04
We have MS CRM 1.2 Professional Customer Service but now it looks like we need some of the features of Sales too. Users are creating new customers and asking why they have to enter contact details twice (Account and Contact). When I test this function in our test environment (Using the test company so I can use both sales and customer service) it appears that adding new customers as leads and then converting them would solve my user's problems, but this isn't available in our system. We bought 18 licenses for a lot of money (compared to $199 per user with ACT) and now it seems we can&...

Help on filter
HI, I have a list to filter. I have to keep only integers. I tried everything in advanced filters... does not work. Can you help me please? Thanks Sylvai -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way: use a helper column. Lets say your numbers are in column A then enter the following formula in an adjacent cell for row 2 =IF(MOD(A1,1)=0,"X","") copy this down for all rows. After this filter with this helper column -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > HI, > I have a list to filter. I have to keep only integers. > I tried everything in ...

help!
Hi I have been given a dataset with data,but the problem is now i need to create membership cards,which i plan to use the label wizard in reports,but i also have to display the intials of the customer but i have not been given the fields for intials just forename and last name.Is there maybe a way of running a query to search for some of the forename field to use as my intial???? thanks ! I thought I had seen this post a day or two ago and it was answered. If you want Initial and Last name Left(FirstName,1) & " " & LastName -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP &qu...

how do i enter data for a # of years using a formula?
i am working on excel and the book asks that i enter data s=using formulas for specifically the last three years of what i am referencing to. and i have to know how to us the copy command button. can anyone help ...

Pointing to correct macro path using excel custom toolbar
I have created an excel 2000 template (.xlt) containing a number o macros. When I open copies of this template on various pcs, the macro function correctly, except I cannot successfully run the macros usin the custom toolbar I created, because (I think) within the toolbar th paths to the macros are pointed to the original location on my pc. An advice on how I can resolve this would be gratefully received -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have you thought about building the toolbar when the file opens? Or maybe separating the worksheet portion of the template from the code pa...

Hide row code help
I am using the following script to hide or unhide rows. How do I code the offset to only work when a row is being unhid. If we cant do this only offset when it is being hidden or unhidden? Thank you Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) 'Application.EnableEvents = False' not necessary If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("B9")) Is Nothing Then Rows("10:11").Hidden = IIf(UCase(Range("B9")) = "", True, False) 'spelling ActiveCell.Offset(-6, 0).Select End If 'Application.EnableEvents = False ...

how do I change cell references automatically in formulas
In Excel 2000, I have data in 80 rows and 10 columns. Each week I add a new row. I have a separate chart for each column with the data range from the first row to the last.. Each week I have to change the data range to reflect the new last row for each chart. Is there someway I can do this automatically? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "jnw3" <jnw3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A3551F9-FBC6-4841-95B4-618AB1893190@micros...

Spell checking in Access 03-04-10
Hello, I am using Access 2007 as part of Office 2007 on XPSP2. Though the help file tells me I can use the spell checker in Access, that option is grayed out on my Home/Records Tab. I want to check spelling in report design. How do I do so? -- Thanks, Bob Bob, Spell checking in Design View is done via eye balls. I know of no other way to accmplish that task. Note, that the spell check is for actual data that is stored in tables. -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors I...

Help with macro/and or formula?

help when bills are automatically debited from my bank
I had and tried Money 2002. I entered my data about a dozen times. Things "looked" great, but the program never quite worked for me, partic. with respect to reconciling/balancing my account. I heard Money 2004 made things much easier, so I bought that but I am having the same problems. I think it might have to do with how my bill payments are set up and how I enter those transaction into Money when I first provide the info: I do online banking with Citibank. Since Money and Citibank don't have the automatic connection, I have to download statements from Citibank in...

GP ver 10 SP 2
Hi Folks I am testing in the Fabrikam company and I have been able to duplicate an error that is happening at my client in their live data. I capture a PO for stock code 100XLG for a qty of 2 at an extended cost of ..25c. The system displays the .25c as the extended cost but it displays ..26c as the 'Remaining PO Subtotal' value. The PO on 'blank' form also prints up a total of .26c. It's fine if I use an extended cost of .24c or .26c and I understand that as the maths division works out fine. Does anyone have a solution to this problem please? Thankx in advan...

Cannot figure ot formula-HELP Please
I have a spreadsheet that I use every month to fill in the net amoun each customer purchases for the month. I am trying to keep year-to-date total of each customer's purhase. I am lookng for formula in column C which will add column A, however when i delete th current month's net totals in column A, column C will keep the year t date data, and add the new month's data in input in column A...doe this make sense? please help. Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if I understood you correctly this can't be achieved with formulas as you delete...