Format Cells Dialog Box Missing

I have tried multiple paths to get to it but I am unable to open the format
cells dialog box.  If I right-click on a set of cells and select "Format
Cells..."  I am returned to the spreadsheet with no dialog box opened.  The
same thing happens if I try to get to the dialog box through the ribbon on
the ribbon bar.  I can mouse over the link on the ribbon bar and see the
miniture view of the dialog box, but if I click on it, nothing happens.  Any
ideas?

Check whether the worksheet is protected?

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"DLondon" wrote:

> I have tried multiple paths to get to it but I am unable to open the format
> cells dialog box.  If I right-click on a set of cells and select "Format
> Cells..."  I am returned to the spreadsheet with no dialog box opened.  The
> same thing happens if I try to get to the dialog box through the ribbon on
> the ribbon bar.  I can mouse over the link on the ribbon bar and see the
> miniture view of the dialog box, but if I click on it, nothing happens.  Any
> ideas?

Prevent clicking on a cell

Paragraph formating jumps to defaults.
Hi, We are using Office/Outlook 2007 We have an email signature script that is run when users login, it´s working ok except for two things; If the default paragraph settings in Word 2007 for a user matches those in the signature script, the signature will use the "Base defaults" of Word 2007, that is SpaceAfter = 10 and LineSpacing = "Multiple" with a value of 1,15. So if I change the script to use SpaceAfter=0 and the user has set his/her Word 2007 to use SpaceAfter=0, the result will be SpaceAfter=10. If the script is set to SpaceAfter=0 and the us...

if cell is text move left one column

Where is the lasso feature in 2008? (was in formatting palette in 2004)

Formatting a subtotal line with a macro

formatting auto replies
Does anyone know of a method that allows outlook 2k2 to format automatic replies regardless of the format of the original message? I setup this automatic response rule that replies with a template, but problem is, when replying to http clients (hotmail or yahoo), the message at the receiver's end has words totally misplaced, all over the page. Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

Separating Date and Time in a cell

can I snap wrap points to a text box

Format for credit card numbers

Automatic changes in cells

cursor missing from form textboxes
I believe that I know 98% of the little intricacies of Publisher, but I'm stumped on this one. I created a website with a contact page and none of the standard textboxes will show a cursor to indicate with field you are in (I've even made the site live to double check). If you tab between textboxes, the tabbing works, as does typing, there is just no visual cursor to indicate where you are. If you click on the first textbox and type, all is good you can tab to the next box and type, and it's fine. I'd like to have the visual cursor show and can't get it. I also have ...

Varying format
Is there any way to format a cell differently depending on the number of decimal places typed in? What I need is a minimum of 2dp but 3 if the typed entry matches. eg 1.2 appears as 1.20 and 1.234 appears as typed. TIA Ian Hi! Try formatting the cell with a custom number format such as 0.00## Al -- Alf ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AlfD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27494 "AlfD" <AlfD.1f5q6o@excelforum-nospam.c...

Missing Reference
Argh! There was a missing reference, " Microsft DAO2.5/3.5 Compact ..." I unselected it and backed out - now, every date field is filled with today's date and several other fields have gone to the 'dark side'. The $ field shows $0.00 for everyone and another field is blank. I went back into the dialog box and I can't find that reference in the list to reselect it. Thank goodness I experimented using a copy, eh? >-----Original Message----- >Your references are probably messed up. >If any of the selected references have "MISSING:" in front ...

Refreshing list boxes
Hi, I have created a database so that mulpile users can add detailss to the table - tblDetails from the form frmDetails or amend details in form frmAmend. I have a list box on the main page frmMain which has a list box lstSearch which shows all the records in the database. When users add new record to the database other users cannot see the added records unless the move to another section in the datbase and the return to the main page thus refreshing the list box. Can anyone tell me if there is a way I can put a "Refresh" button on the main page that updated the list box if the use...

Calculating on alphabetic cell content

Sorting Cells by Colors