Fill in Column with a series of repeating numbers

I am trying to fill in an amortization years column. The first 12 rows are
"1", the next 12 rows are "2", the next twelve rows are "3" and so on. I've
got 360 rows to fill. Any suggestions?

A1: 1
A2: =IF(MOD(ROW(),12)=1,A1+1,A1)
Fill down
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon  USA

"mimi" <mimi@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message
I am trying to fill in an amortization years column. The first 12 rows are
"1", the next 12 rows are "2", the next twelve rows are "3" and so on. I've
got 360 rows to fill. Any suggestions?
0
Jim
6/4/2010 11:48:21 PM
=int((row()+11)/12)
--
David Biddulph

> I am trying to fill in an amortization years column. The first 12 rows are
> "1", the next 12 rows are "2", the next twelve rows are "3" and so on.
> I've
> got 360 rows to fill. Any suggestions?

0
David

How do I append data in several cells in one column
How do I append data in several cells in one column? I have a situation where I have several worksheet with approximately 2000 records on each worksheet. I have to append the data in 2 of the several columns of information. I cannot permanently change the formatting of the documents. I am looking for something that can be done on a large scale with a minimum of keystrokes. I have tried concatenation, but when I delete the reference cell, the program faults out. I would appreciate any help.. Explain your appendage. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Tim" <T...

Excel 2007 Beta 2
I have a column in Excel where I pasted user names from SharePoint. Unfortunately the values now have a URL association with it. Is there any way to remove the URL from the entire column without having to do it line by line? Thanks C http://spaces.msn.com/cjvandyk Probably yes. Post some varied examples of your data. -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Cornelius J. van Dyk [MVP]...

number of reports
I am using access 97. Is there a way to get number of report instead of manually count it one by one? Thanks. Your question is a little obscure. Are you trying to print multiple copies of the same report? If so, press CTRL - P and select the number of copies to be printed from the print menu. If you are trying to print the copy number on the report (Example- you printed four copies and you want them numbered 1 through 4) I have no idea. "-Obama" wrote: > I am using access 97. Is there a way to get number of report instead of > manually count it one by one? Thanks....

Plotting multiple Y column data versus single X column in Excel 20
I have data arranged as Time of day in column B and multiple Y values as columns D, F, and G How do I get a multiple line chart with the multiple Y values plotted versus the single column of time values in Column B? Thanks RossM Select the column of times, then hold ctrl while selecting the data in column D, and while selecting the data in F and G. Create an XY chart, using the option with markers and lines. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "RossM" <RossM@discussions.microsoft.com...

Numbering a Cell
Hi, I have created a Invoice in Excel from my Office 2000, and saved it as an Excel template, I have a invoice number in Cell E14 which is 16 at this time, I want this number to be automaticaly increased by 1 each time I open the Template. Is this possible? If it is some very basic simple to follow instructions on how to do it would be most helpful> Many thanks Andy JL Try this in the workbook object Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheet1.Range("E14").Value = Sheet1.Range("E14").Value + 1 End Sub Sandy "Andy JL" <AndyJL@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Excell: Add superscripted footnote beside a number i.e. 10,000 1
Is there a way to add a superscripted number beside a number or formula in cell that refers to a note at the bottom of the page? There is a way to format it, but I am not aware that you can make it work dinamically as in Word, for example. To format it, edit the formula, select the part you want to superscript in the formula bar, go to Format->Cells, and activate superscript in the effects section. Hope this helps, Miguel. "Craig Jr" wrote: > Is there a way to add a superscripted number beside a number or formula in > cell that refers to a note at the bottom of the ...

Changing column widthd
How can you configure Excel to automatically expand column width when inputting information? Thanks. Bill Ridgeway I don't know if there is a setting for this (although you could always highlight the column and click Format/Column/Autofit Selection or double click the column header's right side column's gridline after making an entry), but you can use this worksheet event macro to have the column width automatically reset itself for the longest entry in column... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) ActiveSheet.Columns(Target.Column).AutoFit End Sub R...

Max. Columns in Excel 2003
I'm using Excel 2003 and have run out of columns on a sheet. Does anyone know of any way to stretch thus version of Excel? Thanks Nope, 256 columns is all you get, you will need to move to Sheet 2 if you want more. Ed wrote: > I'm using Excel 2003 and have run out of columns on a sheet. > > Does anyone know of any way to stretch thus version of Excel? > > Thanks > > Upgrade to Excel 2007 best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Ed" <EdVanords@cox.net> wrote in messa...

Expanding column count
In Excel 2003 the last column in a sheet is fixed when you first save the new file. The last column in my spreadsheet has data so Excel won't allow Insert to add a column at the end. Is there another way to add one more blank column at the end of an existing sheet? You'll have to delete a column between your "real" data and the last column. Then insert a new column. Is there a reason you're using the last column? Maybe you could move that to column A. If you don't like seeing the stuff in that column, you could hide column A, too. mazorj wrot...

Mutual Fund Stock Symbol repeats
I've got a normal account with a certain mutual fund, and another Roth IRA account with the same fund. Money won't let me have the same stock symbol for each, only one. So I have to manually update the price of the other. Any help? Thanks The FAQ: --- Q): I hold the same investment in two accounts. But when I try to enter the same symbol again Money complains. Why? A): You only define an Investment once. The symbol is an attribute of the Investment, not the Account holding of the Investment. When you want to Buy the same Investment for another Investment Account, choose the I...

Repeat-a-matic Mouse Button Problem
I need a mouse button which does its thing when clicked, and keeps repeating its thing when held down. I know that the code below is not very sophisticated but I think that it is adequate for my immediate needs. The problem is that when I depress and hold the mouse button down the button does absolutely nothing. When clicked once it does what it should, i.e. deletes the leftmost character. When clicked one and a half times, i.e. clicked once and then immediately depressed and held, it goes into repeat-a-matic mode. But I can't see why it is doing nothing when I depress ...

Changing *permanently* Excel's colors and graph fill for charting?
Is there a way of changing the default chart colors *permanently* so that every *new* workbook has them? I know about, but should not have to go through the manual nonsense each time of copying the chart colors from another workbook. In other words, I would like the color sequence for lines and fills to be part of the normal Workbook template, so that charts automatically take on my prefered colors. How can one do that? Second, and this one truly bugs me, is that Excel fills in the background of charts (the fill area) with dull grey. (What a ridiculous choice on aesthetic grounds! What a...

Configuring a lookup field to display a different column
I have a lookup field that references a list of plant codes. The lookup table has these relevant fields - ID, accepted symbol, synonym symbol, and symbol. These serve to accomodate changes in the code used for a plant over time - the "symbol" field is the unique identifier present for all entries. By looking up values based on the "symbol" field I can allow either the correct code (accepted symbol) or a synonym to be entered and correlate the code to the correct plant. This is helpful because often the codes that appear on paper are the synonym codes, not the cu...

How to combine Clustered Column and Stacked Column charts in excel
For my project, I have Detail design, Development and Unit Testing phases. For a total of 10 different tasks, I want to compare the Planned against Actual dates of each phase. Basically want to combine Clustered Column and Stacked Column charts. How can I do this in MS Excel? Your help/suggestions are greatly appreciated. ...

delete duplicate names in a column
How can I delete duplicate names in a column http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteDuplicateRows -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "jaya" <jayap@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:43588fd5$0$7845$8fcfb975@news.wanadoo.fr... > How can I delete duplicate names in a column > ...

Renaming columns A B C D E... Possible?
Hello, My husbands work uses Excel 97 SR-1 Can we rename the columns where it lists them as A B C D E F? Where we have figured out to name them under the alphabet columns when we scroll down it scrolls up out of sight so we dont have a visual to tell us which column is which info. If we can rename them how? Thanks in advance ...

call a phone number from Access by clicking
Hi, Is there any code or macro to input in a control to be able to call a phone number with my telephone tool by clicking the phone control in Access ? Thanks for any help LinaBrussels "LinaBrussels" <LinaBrussels@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:687004A6-8807-4B85-AF52-B4F3E1928169@microsoft.com... > Hi, > Is there any code or macro to input in a control to be able to call a phone > number with my telephone tool by clicking the phone control in Access ? > Thanks for any help > LinaBrussels If I remember correctly, one of the options, when usi...

Small numbers in the top corner "Xs"
Hello, I have a small number "2" in the minimize box and a number in all of the boxes at the top of my page, where you minimize and maximize the page; also if I go to a page that has a box to check, you can't see the box clearly to check it off...does anyone know how I can fix this problem please?! Thanks! Just a guess... Does it happen in all Windows programs? If yes, then it sounds like the font that is used for those symbols got mixed up. Try Windows start button|Run|charmap (and hit ok). Select the Marlett font. In win98, about half way over of the first line, I s...

Sort command does not sort some columns?
When attempting to sort data, newly entered data seems to stay the same while the old data sorts itself. I have one whole column that is now mismatched. I am a newbie to this program so I am sure I am doing not doing something basic. BillBob: If you want to sort a multi-column range of cells: Select the entire range of cells <data><sort> Set your sort parameters Click the [OK] button. If all of the relevant columns are not pre-selected, they will not sort with the column you want sorted and you'll have out-of-sync mess. Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL...

Create vertical line to indicate date on chart with series of date
I am trying to figure out a way to add a vertical line to a chart that shows a range of dates on the horizontal axis. I think a vertical line, interesting with a particular date. I will most likely use =today() for the vertical line. How can this be done? Regards, Ryan-- -- RyGuy Problem solved! I just added a series: Source Data > Series, I added a series and entered x values (today - today) and y values (0 - max value in range). Thanks to those who looked. -- RyGuy "ryguy7272" wrote: > I am trying to figure out a way to add a vertical line to a chart that...

Word 2003 Paragraph Numbering when combining multiple documents
I have a multi-chapter document when has paragraphs numbered 1., 1.1., 1.1.1., 2., 2.1., etc. where the first digit signifies the chapter. I am using heading styles to organize the numbering in the document and it works well - when all of the chapters are in a single document. To facilitate editing and review, I have broken each chapter into a separate document with the idea that I would either combine them using "Insert File" or "IncludeText" fields. I am also using RD fields to create a master TOC and Index for the "combined" document. I have di...

Recommendations on number of items in PST and OST
I need to know whether if there is a recommendation on number of ITEMS in a PST and OST? I am currently running MS Outlook 2003. Thanks I know that there is a limit to the number of items in a single folder in a pst file...it was around 16,000...actually had a user run into it once, and that folder was no longer accessible... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Hasher" <Hasher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2864AF80-FD7A-4578-8A80-AB2A32E75993@microsoft.com... > I need to know whether if there is a recommendation on number of ITEMS in a > PST and OST? > &g...

Find duplicates from 4 columns in excel sheet
Howto locate duplicates in excel sheet Ok, I have a excel sheet with 4 columns: Department, Date, Employee Name, Absent Code Anyways, each day different department use a front end sheet that I made, pick their list selections and press upload... The data range gets uploaded to a running file that stacks data under the old data without spaces... Headers in this running file are A1:D1 Everything below it is my data, current range is: A2:D4346 What I wanted to do with this file is to analyze it for double posts. In the upload script I simply date stamp a protected cell and compare that, on...

Hiding a column VBA based on a condition
Im attempting to hide any coumn based on a condition. For example should 000 exist in cells B1:F9 then I want to hide the corresponding column say coumn C. b c d e f 1 000 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Can anyone work out the code and also whats the best way to teac yourself VBA. At the moment Im learning but very slowly can anyon recommend anything. Thanks for your time. Chri -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Here is a couple of ways 1st macro looks for only match using find command on the renge 2nd macro looks at the value of each cell ...

drop down menu's on every row of a column
Hi, I have a set of data on a spreadsheet that has a large amount of row and a few columns. What I need: I want in one of those columns to have a drop down menu i every of its cells that uses the input of a certain data range. I started with using a combo box on the top cell of the column but no I want it on every single cell in the column so that one of th criteria's in the list can be selected. I don't want to copy the box o every single cell and it should also only be shown that there is a dro down list when the usere goes over the cell with his or her mous cursor... I hope i m...