Excel Column Widths When Printing

I have multiple ranges on the same page that I would like to print so that
they look uniform when printed, however I'm noticing that there must be some
amount of space excel allocates between columns when printing.

I have one range that is 27 columns wide, but the sum of the column widths
is 120.
I have another range that is 13 columns wide, with the sum of the column
widths at 120.

Both ranges are set to auto fit to 1 page wide and auto pages long...

The range that is 27 columns wide always prints out in a smaller font than
the one that is 13 columns wide.

Any suggestions?

Even if you have selected 'Fit to 1 page wide' from print preview >Page
Setup>Under Scaling> notice the difference 'Adjust to ' % which auto adjusts
to accomodate these print area one page wide....The % difference is reflected
as the font size difference.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Joe G" wrote:

> I have multiple ranges on the same page that I would like to print so that
> they look uniform when printed, however I'm noticing that there must be some
> amount of space excel allocates between columns when printing.
>
> I have one range that is 27 columns wide, but the sum of the column widths
> is 120.
> I have another range that is 13 columns wide, with the sum of the column
> widths at 120.
>
> Both ranges are set to auto fit to 1 page wide and auto pages long...
>
> The range that is 27 columns wide always prints out in a smaller font than
> the one that is 13 columns wide.
>
> Any suggestions?

How do I access the Document recovery task pane in Excel
The Document Recovery task pane (where previous versions of files that have been saved using the auto recovery feature are stored) does not seem to appear each time I go into Excel. How do I force this task pane to appear on the screen. On one occasion, I went to the length of re-installing Office and it appeared again when I first entered Excel. This time I did the same and even that didn,t work ? I am using Office 2003 Professional I think that this is one of those things you have no control over. If excel/windows crashed, then the next time you start up excel, it's smart enoug...

Adding a new line to an existing graph, using excel 2007
Hi: I would like instructions on how to add a new line to an existing graph (that already has 5 lines), using Excel 2007. The data is already in my spreadsheet. -- jim white EXCEL 2007 1. Right click in the graph. 2. Of the options that become displayed select:- Select Data . . . 3. Select Data Source window should launch. 4. Highlight the extended range of data you want to include in your graph (including the new data). 5. Hit OK. 6. The 6th line should get added to your graph. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "...

WinExplorer info to Excel
If I open My Computer (Windows 2000 Professional) in Details View, I can view the contents of any given folder or drive, with columns for filename, size, date created, date Modified, Author, etc. My question is, is there any way to get this information into an Excel worksheet? I have used another database explorer program (Invitrogen Vector NTI 10) which has a button called "camera" which does this. Thank you for your time and attention -- Anne Murray You can do it if you want to use "DOS" commands: Go to "START" - "ACCESSORIES" - "COMMAND...

Printing Statements
Provide the ability to print statements, in both Store Operations and Headquarters, by account number, account name (alphabetically), and/or by Statement Balance. Currently, statements print in an indeterminate order that cannot be easily matched with an account list or any other know filter. When my printer jams i get to reprint all the statements over again... a process that takes several hours... I get to employ 2 people full time to sort the statements on billing day... In the old, Quicksell days, before microsoft's buy out i could print in any order, in blocks, and restart t...

Print an external file
how can i Print an external file(doc, xls, pdf) from access? thanks sam On Tue, 11 May 2010 05:23:00 -0700, ?????? <@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: You could use the ShellExecute windows api function, with the Print verb. Look it up in your favorite Search engine. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >how can i Print an external file(doc, xls, pdf) from access? > >thanks >sam I found the following function a while back. The original source is indicated, but the link no longer works?! 'Source: http://www.pacificdb.com.au/MVP/Code/ExeFile.htm Pu...

Search for data in a column bring all related items in other colum
I have data in the excel sheet with .A column for OrderNo and B Column for items for that Order. A B ORD001 ITEM1 ITEM2 ITEM3 ORD002 ITEM4 ITEM1 ITEM5 There are more than thousand orders.I want search for an Order so that it brings all items with it. I cannot use filter in A column as it doesn't recognise blank cell.So Option to repeat order nos in A for every item involves a lot of data entry. Any Solution ? I'd fill those empty cells in column a with the previous value. And us...

Import excel into RMS
I need to import excel file into RMS is the only way thru EMS, or is there another option? You can download the "Quicksell Import Tool" from the downloads section of http://www.jeanholland.com - you have to create an account, but it's free. The quicksell import tool is an UNSUPPORTED tool that MS released several years ago. You can use it to import Items, suppliers and customers. I tried it once and found that it was easier for me to just load the files directly into SQL Server and move the data around from there - but I'm a SQL geek... A lot of people seem to like...

Images in Excel 2000
I'd like to import an 8 1/2" x 11" jpg image into an exel 2000 spreadsheet and be able to enter data into the cells and still see the image underneath. Is this possible and how do I do it. This would be impossible or nearly so using Microsoft Excel. You could do it with Word. http://www.officearticles.com/word/typing_on_top_of_a_scanned_form_in_microsoft_word.htm However, I think it's crazy to try it under any circumstances. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "cjones" <cjones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Not printing text box borders?
I am trying to design a form in Excel 2002 and I'd like to use text boxes but I'd like them to print without a border. I can't seem to find any way to turn the border off. Is there a way to format the text box so I can do this? TIA. Gary Vocks Gary, Is this a worksheet or UserForm? By "print," do you mean it shows on the screen but doesn't print (to paper)? If you want to remove the border entirely (screen and print), and you're using a text box from the Control Toolbox (Sheet or UserForm), set its BorderStyle property to fmBorderStyleNone. It's pr...

comp.apps.spreadsheets,microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Hi All, I am generating large amounts of data that need to be analyzed on the fly. To simplify the problem, consider an Excel workbook that has n number of data sheets, S1 to Sn. Each spreadsheet has 5 columns, C1 to C5 and x number of rows, R1 to Rx, in addition to the a header row. The workbook also has one main sheet called Smain. The workbook should be capable of doing the following automatically, either by pressing a button or auto-refresh when the data is updated: 1. The rows of each data sheet should be sorted max to min according to C3. 2. If the maximum value in C3 of a given sheet...

How to include subtotals for a database when printing !
I have to print a large database with several columns of figurs, running in to number of pages. Is there any possibility to include a subtotal for selected colimns at each page break automatically? The page break keeps on changing with data addition or removal so I dont want to insert subtotalevery time the page braek changes to a different place. -- M Imran Buhary ...

Import Budget into GP v.10 from Excel
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C99834.C340E060 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am having an issue and have followed the following but it still does = not work.=20 Error message when you try to import a budget in General Ledger in = Microsoft Dynamics GP: "The number of periods for the budget does not = match the number of columns in Excel" View products that this article applies to. -------------------------------------------------------------------------= -----...

Display project by group
I need to display my Proj 2007 schedule using the group ‘Org X Area’. This displays just fine on screen but when I try to print (or even print preview) the three vertical bars to the left of the task name fail to print. I tried it in Proj 2010 beta and the same problem exists. Any suggestions to fix this – it’s no good to me if I can’t print. Thanks, Stuart Hi Stuart, No, sorry. This was noted awhile ago and I don't know if there are any plans in the works to change. If you take a screen capture (Print Screen) or save as a gif file using the camera button is it better...

how do I find an average number of specific words in a column
I am attempting to calculate a number of specific word occurrences. In example, I have a column with yes in certain cells, and no in the others. How can I display the total number of yes and no occurrences? I am fairly new to Excel and know very little about coding in it. Hi you can use the countif function to return the numbers of "yes" and "no" e.g. =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"yes") will count the number of "yes" answers in the range A1 to A100 likewise, =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"no") will count the number of "no" answers in the same range H...

excel Hyperlink question
Is there a way I can have a spreadsheet that in one column on a particular cell there will be a hyperlink to a word document? Under the Insert Hyperlink menu, I think if you select the "Existing File or Web Page" button and point to what you want, that should do it. HTH Steve "Pam Coleman" <PamColeman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:219B8DA6-B7E1-4405-A272-2EEEAF6F8786@microsoft.com... > Is there a way I can have a spreadsheet that in one column on a particular > cell there will be a hyperlink to a word document? Is there a way the hype...

macro in excel 2007
I was able to access the macro trust level. My excel has customized form fields that don't show unless I populate the second options, what is the third option, will it let the fields stay available so I don't have to populate everytime? I have a trusted source. Hi Tillie, Without seeing the actual macro code (assuming that you issue is controlled by code and not by worksheet protection) then I don't think it is possible to answer your question. You probably should talk to whoever set up the worksheet. "access the macro trust level" only allows you to decide wheth...

Excel properties
Hi, I'm having a problem running a Word macro which mailmerges data from an excel file I get sent regularly. This only started happening recently. I noticed that my macro runs fine if I open the Excel document then 'save as' the same name. Looking at the properties within Excel I see the original has nothing under the general tab and the archive box is unticked. The resaved document has all the 'type', 'location', 'size' etc data as you would expect, plus the archive box is ticked. Anyone know what's going on here then? Cheers, Shedlord ...

Trying to automatically import specific data from Excel into Word:
Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me with this: I'll start by explaining the spreadsheet I created in Excel (an inventory / information worksheet): It is pretty simple; approximately 12 columns. The key column is the item number / UPC / bar code number, then after that there are various information columns including item name, description, condition, picture links, etc. Secondly, I created a template Microsoft Word document that is relatively long, but will have a few lines (give or take...about 7) customized for each item on the inventory. What I am trying to d...

How do I lock N left hand columns
How do I lock N left hand columns in excel so that when I want to see some right hand columns and slide the columns on the right to the left the locked columns do not move and remain visible? Don J ------------------------------------------------------------------------ With A,B,C visible select D1 and hit Window / Freeze panes. This will freeze A,B,C in view If you hit D2 and do it you will also lock the headers in view (ie Row 1) Whatever cell you select it will freeze to the left and above that cell. -- Regards Ken.........................

MS Query Column Headings and Calculated Fields
I'm using MS Query to pull data from an ODBC data source. Everything works fine and I can extract data just great. I'm wondering, however, calculating some fields with the query. I can't seem to add a column heading without enclosing the heading in quotes. That would normally be fine, but everytime I go to edit the query and extra set of quotes is added to the column heading. Is there any way to get around this? I also would like to know if there is a way to use calculated fields in other calculations. If so, is there any documentation out there on how to do this? Thanks, -...

Filtering Excel 2003 Charts to a date range
I have multiple charts that we look for trends on over 1-2 year time frames. Is it possible to have a chart show all the data that has been entered and when looking at the chart have a date range data to format that range differently. What I am trying to do is we have weekly or montly meetings, in these meetings I would like to show all the additional data differently that has been added since our last meeting, while showing accumulative data in a different format. The easiest way to get different formats is to use different series. If you had one series, you could use autofiltering to...

Select buttons pasted into Excel
I pasted a table from my investment account into Excel. The tabl included option buttons. I can get rid of the alpha/numeric part of th paste but the buttons remain. I've tried to format & copy empty cells but the button remains. I ca turn on the button -- nothing happens that I am aware of. How do I get rid of it?? Delete or clear doesn't work. joe -- jzemane ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jzemanek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1463 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthrea...

How to get an excel doc not saved as "Read Only"
I'm trying to figure out why my Excel doc saves as "Read Only". Is there something I can do to prevent this in the future? Try File>Properties>General tab and see if Read Only is checked. -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "bunbarn" wrote: > I'm trying to figure out why my Excel doc saves as "Read Only". Is there > something I can do to prevent this in the future? Some additional items to work through: Read-Only in Excel, Problems with http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/readonly.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel ...

Re: preventing distribution lists from printing
I work for a large corporation and I often get outlook mail with ver long distribution lists. Is there any way to prohibit these lenght list from printing so that I only get the message? Thank - buddy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message548641.htm ...

Print Question Newbie Please help
I am creating a spreadsheet that I need to print on 11x17 paper. My printer does not support 11x17 but I can send it to someone that does. How can I format my spreadsheet to use 11x17 so I can see all the cells etc. My guess is I need to install a print driver that supports 11x17 am I on the right track? If so can anyone suggest what I can use? Thanks Tom -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 0 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails...