Excel Code

I am trying to put together a spread sheet that will allow me to type a
specific letter and a 9 digit code will appear once I enter the letter.

One way would be to use a table
col a  col b
a           123456789
b           23456789
and use VLOOKUP formulas
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"A. Mart" <A. Mart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to put together a spread sheet that will allow me to type a
> specific letter and a 9 digit code will appear once I enter the letter.

0
Don

CEP chart in excel.
Hi. I 'd like to know how to set a CEP chart with excel; in specific, how to set a line as objective,as well as upper limit and lower limit, using date data as x axis and {} . I don´t want to use a columns data to set objective ans limit. Can you help me? x axis a4:a40 y axis { } ????? how Maybe some words are wrong. I should said Target instead of objective. "Logan" wrote: > Hi. I 'd like to know how to set a CEP chart with excel; in specific, how > to set a line as objective,as well as upper limit and lower limit, using > d...

VB Toolbar in Excel 2007
Hi, I'm new to excel 2007, i have created a vb command button on excel sheet but that button is by default in design mode (if i click on button it takes me to code). I want the button in run mode, normally in excel 2003 there is vb tool bar and from there we can change the status of any vb control. appreciate your response. Thanx. Click the Office Button (the round one in the upper left corner, click the Excel Options button at the bottom of the dialog box that appears and, in the Popular option, put a check mark in the item labeled "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon" locat...

Excel if statement help
I have a valid, working excel formula that states: =IF(BL17>=1,1,0) However, I need it to say If bl17 (or bl19) are greater or equal to 1, than 1, else 0 The or bl19 is really the only new part. How can I add that in with correct syntax ? Just look in the help index for OR -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <cegarbage@gmail.com> wrote in message news:df47d203-0fc7-4b73-ae96-662b900f835b@x41g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... >I have a valid, working excel formula that states: > > =IF(BL17>=1,1,0) > > However, I need it to ...

Excel Timesheet
Hi all Im trying to set up a new timesheet for use at work but dont know much about formulas etc, i need to put a start and finish time e.g. start 8.30, finish 12.30, then i need to calculate in a column at the end telling me how many hours ive worked between 8.30 and 12.30 then the same for the afternoon from 1.30 until 5pm with another column at the ending adding the hours worked in the morning to the hours worked in the afternoon giving me total hours worked that day and the same everyday for the week with a box at the bottom giving me total hours worked for the week, please help. T...

Slow Opening Excel Files
I have a computer that is very slow when viewing files to open from excel(and word for that matter). The files can be accessed very quickly from My Computer or explorer but when doing an open in Excel the list takes forever to generate what files are in the network shares. This does not happen when logged in as administrator, only as a standard user. Any idea's on how to fix it? Its a optiplex 280 with 512 memory so its plenty fast enough Jerod ...

Scanning into Excel #2
Recently, my hard drive died and I lost a lot of files. Is it possible to scan a printed Excel file into Excel? (I know...I should have backed it up!) thanks in advance john g You will need some OCR software (which is often supplied with scanners) to convert the graphical image to editable text. Many OCR packages have the ability to recognise columns and produce a file in Excel format, but you might still have to do some manual changes depending on how good your printout is. The process can only convert what is on paper, so you will have to re-instate any formulae yourself. Hope thi...

How do I set up a text cell in Excel with restricted length?
Want to limit input to cell to 16 characters. Choose Data/Validation; Allow: Text length; Data: less than or equal to; Maximum: 16. Note that this will not stop the user from entering more than 16 characters, but 17 or more will bring up an error dialog. In article <F01C53BA-16B7-45F0-8BEE-517F22470153@microsoft.com>, ElonRoger <ElonRoger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Want to limit input to cell to 16 characters. Data>Validation>Allow>Text Length Minimum 0.....Maximum 16 Add your own Message if desired. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 07:2...

CRM 3.0 export to EXCEL error
Hi, On the clients with Vista and office 2007, when we tried to export to EXCEl, got the following error: Connect failed: SQLState 2800 SQL Server error 18452 Login failed for user null. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQl server connection. With this user, it works well under Xp and office 2003. Any suggestions? Thank you very much! Cindy, Have you installed latest updates for CRM 3.0? If not pls. Here is the latest. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=D5B1FBBE-DFC2-4A33-B5FD-CAE99E8E9DAB&displaylang=en Venkat. http://venkatbendalam.blogspot.com/ "Ci...

want to link specific records in access to cells in excel
I have a database of client information that I would like to export into excel spreadsheets for different purposes, ie; I need to track utilization of service, create transportation schedules, and track service plan dates in seperate workbooks. So, what I am hoping I could do is link a group of records (LName, FName, ID and Available Hours) to a section of the predesigned worksheet limited by the entry in another record related to the entry (Service Type). Basically running an if/then fuction based on information from the access records (if record "x" equals "PRG&q...

Can I open an OpenOffice .sxc file with excel?
Someone sent me a spreadsheet created in OpenOffice with the .sxc file extension. How can I open the file in Excel 2003. It does not recognize the file. Ask them to resave it as .xls or get your own copy of OpenOffice: http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD target 107 wrote: > > Someone sent me a spreadsheet created in OpenOffice with the .sxc file > extension. How can I open the file in Excel 2003. It does not recognize the > file. -- Dave Peterson Microsoft Excel does not and probably never will open (or save in) OpenOffice.org (.sxc and .stc), OpenD...

want euro currency choice when formatting cells in excel 97
when formatting cells in excel 97 you have choices of most currencies but not euro. How do you get ? added to this list? "carl" <av@arbetetsvanner.com> wrote in message news:24dc01c37928$a61b8520$a601280a@phx.gbl... > when formatting cells in excel 97 you have choices of most > currencies but not euro. > How do you get ? added to this list? > You can set up a custom format with any currency symbol. To get the Euro symbol, assuming you have a Euro-enabled Arial font installed, hold down ALT whilst typing 0128 on the keypad at the right of the keyboard (not the n...

Excel charts copied to powerpoint
I have a chart in excel that we copy and paste as an enhanced metafile into powerpoint. There are multiple data series in the chart. One data point within one of the data series it does not show up once copied into powerpoint. This has never happened to me before and this process has been used for about a year now. Any suggestions or help is appreciated!! Thanks!!! Meg Partridge, Sounds like it is truncating it for you. Did you try and resize the area of insertion (make bigger) to capture all data series? Dennis "Meg Partridge" wrote: > I have a chart in excel that...

Excel help on line ~ A general muse.
Just a general query on help, We are dipping our toe into Excel after outgrowing MSWorks with regards to bulk querying, we are involved in the thoroughbred industry and hence deal with records around 65,000- 100,000 We can scrabble around by ourselves, and get by no doubt, but if we need a spreadsheet refining process, is it within accepted practice of this NG, to be able to email a SS to obliging parties for assistance and improvement? I should imagine our requests to be bordering on the "easy" to those with reasonable experience. Of course we would be willing to pay, but recompen...

preventing Excel from changing number formats
When displaying charts, I make a point to select the particular display format (dates as MM/DD/YYYY, numbers with comma separators, etc.). However when I copy the charts from one spreadsheet to another, or send the charts via email, the formats sometimes change back to the way it was represented originally (dates as numbers, no comma separator, etc.) What's weird is that this doesn't happen consistently (only some charts get affect). Is there any way to prevent this, reverting of formats, from happening? It's becoming really annoying. Thanks for your help. ...

excel sheet all caps and needs to be only the first letter caps..
I have an excel shhet that is all caps and I would like to change only the first letter to caps without retyping the whole sheet...is this possible? There is no built in way to do this. You can use the following macro to do this. Sub AAA() Dim Rng As Range For Each Rng In ActiveSheet.UsedRange.SpecialCells( _ xlCellTypeConstants, xlTextValues) Rng.Value = UCase(Left(Rng.Text, 1)) & Mid(Rng.Text, 2) Next Rng End Sub -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "kroberts" <kroberts@discussions.microsoft...

Non Excel Postings
Will the people who post non excel information as below, refraining fro doing so, start your own forum somewhere if you want to save the world. Thanks Thie -- Thie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Thiem's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2747 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49342 Please don't add to the level of noise in these groups! These ngs (if read via msnews or MS web portals) are remarkably free of spam and off-topic material due to MS's filters. Occasio...

Column width and pasting sections in excel? Formatting questions
I am trying to make a spreadsheet in which I need to have varied column widths in different sections, one under another. (they don't need to relate directly, and no major equations going on) for example: xxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx xxxxxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx How do I go about splitting the sheet or whatever I need to do so I can manipulate columns differently based on the row I'm in? Thanks! Rich Column widths apply to the whole column. You may be able to use merged cells to give the appearance that you want, but I try to stay...

Excel 2000 HTML/XML format Question
Hi everyone, I have a question about the HTML/XML format of Excel 2000 when you sav a workbook as a web page. I have a requirement where I generate the HTML/XML structur programatically and save it in seperate files (one .htm file for eac worksheet). Everything works fine. However, I was trying to cra everything in one single file and experimenting with various options. For example, I have the following xml structure that creates the tw sheets. Code ------------------- <xml> <x:ExcelWorkbook> <x:ExcelWorksheets> <x:ExcelWorksheet> <x:Name>Sheet1&...

Making report in WORD file by using information from Excel
I have got a huge database of around 100 countries in an excel file. I created a Pivot table to get the related data pertaining to a particular country. Now, need to prepare each country's report in WORD file separately (100 WORD files) wherein text contents, format, layout of the WORD report for all the countries remains the same however the data presented in tabular form in the required section need to be extracted from the Excel. I am sick of doing copy/paste so many times from Excel to word. Is there any solution to automate the process? Also, is there any Add ins...

Excel 2000: Can I display more than one curve in a single chart
Hi All, Can I display more than one curve (i.e., more than a single set of data points) in a single chart? I am using Excel 2000. tia Avraham Makeler. Sure. Select more than 2 columns when you create the chart. Alternately select the chart and follow the prompts at Chart|Add Data Jerry Avraham Makeler wrote: > Hi All, > > Can I display more than one curve (i.e., more than a single set of data > points) in a single chart? > > I am using Excel 2000. > > tia > > Avraham Makeler. ...

Help requested for an Excel Toolbar command
I am seeking help in creating a custom command for a MS Excel XP toolbar. In MS Word XP, I added a “Next Window” button to my standard toolbar, by going to the Tools menu, selecting Customize, Commands, Window & Help & then dragging the “Next Window” command to my toolbar. I open several documents, then simply click on “Next Window” to go to the next open document (sort of like scrolling between documents). I want this same "feature" in Excel, but when I get to the Window & Help section, there is no “Next Window” command to chose. I have tried a macro, but can’t g...

suggest excel template to calculate monthly attandence and paymen
suggest excel template to calculate monthly attandence and paymen ...

lost Excel data!
I've just deleted some important data from an Excel sheet having moved it to another workbook. Unfortunately I closed the new workbook without saving and I can't find the data! I've not got a backup of the old workbook and the data is not on the clipboard. Is there any way of recovering it? thanks MrBen AFAIK, NO. We all gotta learn sometime (to make backups) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "MrBen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2305c01c45e8d$7842a610$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I've just deleted some importa...

Deleting a row from an Excel List
Does anyone know why I might not be able to delete a row from a list I am using? I get the message: the operation is not allowed, the operation is attempting to shift cells in your List. When I open the List TOOLBAR, the option for deleting a row is grayed out. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

Only Keep Non-duplicates in an Excel spreadsheet
I want to remove both duplicate records leaving non-dups only in spreadsheet. How do i do this? Here's a before and after example o what I'm hoping to do easily in Excel. Given 9 rows and colums a, b and c: (BEFORE) row a b c 1 cdef886 44.00 x 2 cdef886 14.00 y 3. cdef886 30.00 y 4. bb7ceg7 8.99 x 5. bb7ceg7 8.99 y 6. 895848 139.00 x 7. 123abde 45.95 y 8. jh8cegg 7.23 x 9 jh8cegg 7.23 y (AFTER) If I could leave non-dups based on colums a and b, rows 4, 5, and 9 would be removed, leaving the...