Excel 2007 - Change link source requiring multiple entry of passwo

I have an issue with repointing links in Excel 2007:

When I change the link source to repoint to a different file, Excel is
asking for the source file pasword to be entered for each cell in the file I
am linking from.

This is causing major time issues in our month-end reporting:

I have a management accounts file which is linked to a large number of other
pasword protected Excel files, which are updated by numerous individuals. The
files are saved in a secure directory on our company server, each month the
files are copied into a sub-directory for the current month and renamed with
that month as part of the filename
..
It used to be a painless operation; up to Excel 2003, to change the source
of the links in the management accounts file to point to the current month
source files.
Now when I do this in Excel 2007, it is asking me to enter the password 24
times for each linked file.

This only happens when linking between 2007 files, there's no problem in
linking between 2007 and 2003 files.

Is there a way around this, so that I only need to enter the password once
for each file (the way it was before updating to 2007)?

Thanks!
Glen

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Excel 2007

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Excel not Access

New Disk storage

function to check for entry
I'll try and make this as clear as I can... I am looking for a function that will check column b,c,d,e for an entr if there is an entry then check row n in the same row for it's value. that's the first bit, then I need to be able to check the date valu (month) in column a and total it for the month. perhaps I could run the first function only looking for month=1 o something and just run it 12 times? not sure how to go about this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com well I've got this far but it still doesn't work and gives an error: =IF(MONTH(A3:A167)=4,...

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Opening Excel Workbooks

help with simple maths in excel

Grammar check not working

How do I use traffic lights in excel

how do i change colour of scroll bar in worksheet
I find it very difficult to see the scroll bar in my excel workshhet as they are white, can they be changed to a colour and if so how ? Are the scrollbars white in other applications? In win98, I could change some display settings, but I couldn't change the scrollbar colors. But if the scrollbars aren't white in other applications, then this can't be the solution. Jayne wrote: > > I find it very difficult to see the scroll bar in my excel workshhet as they > are white, can they be changed to a colour and if so how ? -- Dave Peterson In word they are, but not on a...

Outlook Express 6 w/multiple accounts