excel 06-05-10

I have a spread sheet and in it i have data validation tables when i finish
picking from them and email the sheet i then want to clear the info in the
tables but not the data validation table and not usr macro

I'm not exactly sure about what you want to do, Is the whole range filled in
with data validation in the cells to create your table or only part. If you
can select all the cells with data validation then you can press delete on
the keyboard to clear all the contents, but the data validation remains. Or
if this is difficult because the data validation is dotted about the page,
then as it looks like you don,t keep the data then start with a clear sheet
(delete one by one) save the sheet, and then each time you use that sheet
just close the workbook without saving it. So each time you are starting with
a clean sheet.

Regards
  Steve

"benney" wrote:

> I have a spread sheet and in it i have data validation tables when i finish
> picking from them and email the sheet i then want to clear the info in the
> tables but not the data validation table and not usr macro

Breaking Links in Excel 2000 #2
How do I break a Link in Excel 2000; I can see how to do it in Excel 2003, but I am using 2000; can anyone help. Hi Nevio, Try the following: - Ctrl F to find - look for .xls and .csv and manually amend any formulae that contain references to other sources. Also search for any other file extensions of files to which you may be linked. If you have a bunch of linked cells together, select them all, copy and paste as values to remove the links. - If you have range names set up, select Insert, Name, Define from the menu and amend or delete any names that relate to other workbooks. - If...

Footnotes in Excel?
ExcelXP Is it possible to add a footnote to a cell that includes a formula? Thank you. If by "footnote" you mean "Comment", YES! <Insert> <Comment> -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Debutante" <akdjakls@jdakfldj.com> wrote in message news:uUapn94EFHA.628@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... ExcelXP Is it possible to add a footnote to a cell that includes a formula? Thank you. And if you don't want a com...

Unable to link excel rows in a Word document
When trying to link a worksheet to a Word document, Excel only gives me 10 of the 15 rows in the worksheet. I'm using the insert, object commands in Word. (Or should this be a Word post?) Thanks, Terri Hi Terri personally i would copy the 15 rows in excel, switch to word & use edit / paste special - paste link & click OK .. never had a problem with this method. Cheers JulieD "Terri" <Terri.Deviley@gapac.com> wrote in message news:2010201c4586c$c4cb0c10$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When trying to link a worksheet to a Word document, Excel > only gives me 10 o...

excel spreadsheet sorting
I have an Excel spreadsheet. I have basically three columns. The info in the first column relates to the second and third column. I want to alphabetize the first column, but when I do, the 2nd and 3rd column do not sort with it. This jumbles the relative data. How can I tie the cells together? So when the firts cell sorts, the second and thrid column sort also? Select all 3 columns prior to sorting. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have an Excel spreadsheet. I have basically three columns. The info in the first column relates to the second and third column. I wan...

outlook and outlook express #10
I just purchased MS office 2003. My wife and I have seperate identities in Outlook Express. Is there a way to import these into Outlook 2003 while maintaining the seperate identies? Outlook 2003 does not have "Identities". What it does have is profiles. You can create a different profile for each of you. Outlook Express can export messages to Outlook. It does not give you a opportunity to select the profile that you want to export to and instead just exports the what ever profile is set as default. You will need to do this similar to the following. Create a Outlook profile f...

Removing Hyperlinke from Excel
I am using Excell 2002. I have over 1000 rows of data and have 1 column that contains data with hyperlinks. I'd like to remove the hyperlinks. I have found that I can remove them one by one, is there a way to remove hyperlinks from a group of selected fields? thanks jdc Select that column (or any range to clean up) hit alt-f11 (to get to the VBE, where macros live) hit ctrl-g (to see the immediate window) type this and hit enter: selection.hyperlinks.delete Close the VBE and back to excel to see if it worked. jdc wrote: > > I am using Excell 2002. I have over 1000 rows...

catalog merge from excel file
Help, I would like to be able to bring a excel data into the membership directory in a good looking way. The catalog merge offers so little options for setting it up. There are four columns and I want to have headings. Any suggestions? Thanks Chris Not sure what you are asking. The catalog merge is very robust. Help here for Publisher 2003 Mail and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524751033.aspx Publisher 2007 Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ ht...

How to determine the excel file version.
I wanted to know if there is a way/utility to determine the excel version in which the file was created.(Apart from the one described in MS KB). Its urgent. Thakns in advance. Application.Version tells you in VBA. What does the MS KB say? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "RexZ" <RexZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8BD2DA2-BD7E-42D5-A28C-E8CC35CA9010@microsoft.com... > I wanted to know if there is a way/utility to determine the excel version in > which the file was created.(Apart from the one described in ...

Conditional formula 05-29-10
Hello, I want to make all the conditions occur in cell b1: if cell a1 = 1 then cell b = 7 if cell a1 = 2 then cell b = 6 if cell a1 = 3 then cell b = 5 if cell a1 = 4 then cell b = 4 I know how to do =IF(G2=1,"7") but I can't figure out how to add the rest of the conditions to it so they are all in cell b1. I've tried a dozen different combinations of commas, brackets, colons, etc. and searching "help" isn't helpful! How do I combine all these conditions? Thank you. Sorry, I meant to say b1 for all the conditions where b occurs. So for ...

How to run Visual Basic from Excel sheet
How do I run a Visual Basic routine from a normal Excel cell. I would like to do something like this: =IF(RunIt=TRUE, Run my Visual Basic routine, Do nothing) So if some calculations results in the variable "RunIt" is set equal to TRUE, the Visual Basic routine must run. Kristian ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Copy Paste from Word to Excel in Lao script
I have a strange problem in Office 2004 using Lao script. I have an excel file with a table with Lao script on it, but when I tried to copy / paste the table into Word all the Lao letters 'Noo Nok' just didn't copy over like they were never there. I tried to fix using different Lao fonts etc but always the same result. I did find however that I could paste words with the Noo Nok letter into text edit and then copy and paste that into Word. While this did fix the problem it is extremely slow as you can't paste tables into text edit so I had to do word by word. Why would the l...

Available Resources warning in Excel 2003
Hello: I am not exactly a new user, but new to Excel 2003, and I am finding that operations that did not create a problem for me in the past are now apparently troublesome. In a not very large worksheet (less than 2000 rows, 30 columns, data only until I add formulas) I add a column and put in a vlookup to grab a related cell value from another workbook. The target range is in a larger book, maybe 50000 rows, 2 or 3 columns of formulas, but nothing very powerful. In Excel 2002 I don't remember ever having a problem, even with Word and Outlook open, and maybe 3 other workbooks ...

making an excel table visible for external data on pivot table
Hi I have a separate file that contains the data for a pivot table and when I create my pivot with external sources for excel it shows a message that there is no visible tables in file. How do I make my worksheet a table so that is shows visible? thanks hi Fawn, you must name the range of cells (data) -- isabelle Le 2012-01-19 17:25, Fawn Lagimodiere a �crit : > Hi > > I have a separate file that contains the data for a pivot table and when I > create my pivot with external sources for excel it shows a message that > there is no visible tables in file. > > ...

How do I Excel chart 2 stacked values with third value as a line?
I'm attempting to plot 3 values on an Excel Chart. 1st Shift hours available and 2nd Shift hours available as a stacked bar chart and forecast required hours as a line on the chart. Make a stacked column chart with the 3 data Right click on one of the HOURS datapoint in the chart and select Chart type Select Line best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "chartnovice" <chartnovice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7408D50D-C539-4B05-9EEE-7A2964F9BAA9@microsoft.com... > I'm attempting to plot 3 values on a...

Excel 2003 restarts after closing
Excel 2003 restarts after closing the program. Word and Outlook also. What is causing this? I have an HP notebook with Vista and Office 2003 Professional Edition. ...

Re: VBScript and Script Host 07-31-10
From: "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> Date: Friday, July 30, 2010 7:24 PM From: "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> Date: Thursday, July 29, 2010 7:51 PM "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message news:O%23FvBeyLLHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > > "Ram" <ram.newsgroups@unitedprotech.com> wrote in message > news:%23jTqcMuLLHA.2100@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >> Many thanks to both Al and Mayayana. >> >> As Al has stated " I would be distributing ...

exported excel charts and pdflatex
Hi folks! Does anyone have experience with using excel charts in a .tex file an then making .pdf woth pdflatex? The reason I`m asking is I exported chart as .png but it didn`t display fine after pdflatex`ing it. I know pdflatex is compatible with .png, so I`m wondering if the poo image quality is due to excel in some way. -thank -- hk ----------------------------------------------------------------------- hke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=155 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26893 The problem is likely th...

service contracts 08-31-05
Hi!, I'm using the service module in two different ways. Firstly, by making a contract that the client is buying in advance hours of technical support and each case is followed by an appointment with our technitian and the client. When the appointment ends the hours are deducted by the total allotments of the contract. My first question is: can i change the total allotments field to count hours and not minutes?. The second way is when the client doesn't have a contract but he calls anytime he wants and asks for a technitian. The appointment is set and when it closes it charge...

Excel Backup Files, shared Network
Hi there, There is a spreadsheet that my team uses (team of 30), which is accessed upto 50 times or more a day and it regularly either dissapears or becomes corrupt. The file is stored on a large shared network. Our IT support provider only provides backup copies every evening. Is there a more regular way of keeping back-up copies - say every hour? Is there an 'automatic' way of doing this, rather than someone manual backing-up a copy every hour? Your help would be appreciated, Thanks all, :) -- genuinegal --------------------------------------------------------------...

Excel Addin not getting loaded
Hi All, I have an addin developed in C# for Excel. But it is not getting loaded when excel is loaded. I have added the Addin ProgID key to the following location. (XXXAddin.Connect) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Addin Any ideas what is getting wrong? -Sarang Bapat ...

Excel 2007
I am using a set of merged cells as a data source for a line chart. However, I am getting empty/null entries as part of the data set from the merged cells??? Basically, I have a set of merged cells each consisting of 3 cells. When I create the data source I get values like: 73%,,,61%,,,... Why is it making up value for each cell even though the cells are merged together??? I am truly finding 2007 very frustrating and very counter-productive! Please help, QB With Excel 2007 as well as with earlier versions the advice stays the same. Don't use merged cells. Thes...

Excel 2007 files running very slow
First off, I really like many of the changes made in 2007. However, I have a number of worksheets that were created in 2003 and used by scores of people. The problem I'm running into is some of these files are getting slower, and slower, and slower. I'm running XP, Core 2 Duo processor, 1 GB Ram. The main file I'm concerned about tracks students' attendance throughout the semester. I have a number of macros to "help speed up" the process, plus a number of formulas and formatting on each worksheet. There's about 6-8 worksheets in each workbook. I've saved the f...

If Statement 06-07-07
This If Statement always returns "Already Discounted" I need it to return "Can't Discount a Discount" if the itemID = 30 etc... If Me.TxtItemID = 30 Then DoCmd.OpenForm "frmMsgWarning" Forms!frmMsgWarning!TxtMsg = "CAN'T DISCOUNT A DISCOUNT" ElseIf Me.TxtOnce >= 1 Then DoCmd.OpenForm "frmMsgWarning" Forms!frmMsgWarning!TxtMsg = "ALREADY DISCOUNTED" Else DoCmd.OpenForm "frmFXDiscountSelect" End If Thanks DS Set a break point on the If Me.TxtItemID = 30 Then and see what Access thinks actual...

stop images exceeding page margins from printing in Excel
I am working on an excel doc. and some of the images I've inserted exceed the page margins and portions of the images are printed out on separate pages at the end of the print job. It is important that I keep the images the size they are for legibility reasons. How do I stop the extra portion of the image exceeding the right margin from printing out at the end of the print job. It wastes a lot of paper. Hi Wallace, I believe you can highlight the area you want printed and go to File/Print Area/Set Print Area Hope this helps Larry -- keithl816 -----------------------------...

Putting special characters into Excel...
Hello. This should be simple. I have a table in Excel and wnat to insert the sum symbol (sigma) into the table. How can I do this? Just like Word has an insert symbol function, how can I insert uncommon symbols into an excel cell. I tried copying from Word and pasting into Excel. This works...however the table that I had, which linked to Word, displayed a ? instead of the sigma symbol. Any ideas much appreciated. Regards Alex I haven't tested this yet, but you might want to try a different font. Times new Roman should have the symbol, but some do not. -- WREFORD ----------...