Entering Formula - Cannot select cell as it is hidden by formula

I'm using Excel 2007

When I'm entering a formula into a cell, the text of this formula if longer
than the cell covers the cell to the right and then I cannot click on this
cell to automatically put that reference in the formula.  The same happens
when you are in a table, but the formula is centered on the cell, expanding
left and right.  The names of the cells in a table are very long
'Table4[[This Row],[Column Name]' and thus is you select a few cells the
formula description is very long and you cannot 'click' on the cells to the
left or right.

Is there a way to prevent the display of the formula as it is being entered
on the cell, only in the formula bar?

Thank you,

JIM

How to select series in chart?

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

OLK 2k7

Single click selects multiple cells

Extending formulas
Subject: Extending formulas Hi, For my application that uses Excel for calculations. I need to be able to extend the forula base of Excell with complex scientifc functions. Is there a way to add new functions to the Excel function base? Thanks Spx. MS has provided Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to customize Excel with new functions, commands, forms, menus, etc. Tools|Macro|Visual Basic Editor From the VBA editor Insert Module Then write your functions in VBA. Details of writting functions in VBA is a very big topic, http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut01.htm may help y...

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

Getting rid of selection

Need to add to current formula

macros entering data

Macro
Hi, i need an macro to select all filled cells in range C10:K90. Can this be done? Thanks!!! Range("C10:K90").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, _ xlNumbers + xlTextValues).Select If you want to select xlErrors and xlLogical add those to xlNumbers + xlTextValues -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "puiuluipui" wrote: > Hi, i need an macro to select all filled cells in range C10:K90. > Can this be done? > Thanks!!! It's perfect! Thanks! "Jacob Skaria" a scris: > Range("C10:K90").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, _ >...

Formula Problem?
I am using Excel 2000 with Windows XP. I am having a problem. I am on Sheet 2 of my workbook. I have SSN on a sheet named Employees in the same workbook. I need to take the numbers on the Employees Sheet and transfer it to the sheet 2. I know how to do this. It just won't work. This is a copy of my formula. =SUM(Employees!C3) This should take the SSN that is in the C3 cell on the employees sheet and place it at the cell where the formula is typed. When I put this formula in the cell I am getting just a "0". Please help. =Employees!C3 -- Kind regards, Niek Otten...

formula auditing/macro
Can anyone give me the sytax to goto - special - precedents so I can create a macro so I can assign to a hotkey and dont have to go through 4 steps ? Thanks, Yosef With A1=1 and D2=2*A1, and D1 as active cell: I recorded a macro for these steps: Edit|GoTo->Special->Precedence And the macro contained just one line: Selection.DirectPrecedents.Select best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "ynissel" <ynissel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA544BDE-3717-4953-A5E3-06191BC28373@microsoft.com... > Can anyone...

SQL query / Formula for Reorder Point?

Entering More than 15 numbers
I'm trying to import numbers that are 25 characters in length. When I do this (or even if I enter over the 15 character limit) I get an overflow number. How do I enter or import numbers greater than 15 digits and have it display the entire number. I am using Office XP. precede with an apostrophe to get text, Excel's limit for numbers is 15 digits precision -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:308101c428be$93500a10$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to import numbers that are 25 characters in > lengt...

Help with percent formula beginner
Hi, have a cell (A1) with $39.99. I want a cell (B1) were I can vary 10%, 20% etc and have that effect (A1). So If I put in 10% A1 would be $36.00 (percent decrease). Can you please help me out with the formula? Also it seems like if I type in % in a cell and I delete it and type another number and I don't want a % in there it gives it to me anyway. Can I make this stop? Thanks so much Ted Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("B1")) Is Nothing Then Wi...